Thread: (Subtypes) by what they should be doing, their strengths and weaknesses; dispelling some myths and telling some truths.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default (Subtypes) by what they should be doing, their strengths and weaknesses; dispelling some myths and telling some truths.

The LSI-Se generally have the best people skills of all the types and despite being members of the "Pragmatist" club which are supposed to be best with tools, they generally work better with people than the so-called "Humanitarians" of their own quadra.

They aren't visibly thin-skinned nor F-types nor dynamic while being Se-valuing so they don't have the natural aggressiveness that the NFs of the same quadra do. They have Fi as their role function which means they really don't like letting people down combined with their Ti means they're always willing to see if they did something wrong and will accept responsibility for their own mistakes and discipline just as they tend to go by the rules against other people if they're in charge. They have static perception, so they're going to often seem more gentle than dynamics. They have Fe as their dual seeking function and they're emotivists which mean that they spend their lives in service to others (not that I'm a fan of "serving others" but it's just factual). They're usually pretty fair, much more so than the other members of their quadra, they tend not to do things to other people that they wouldn't want done to themselves (although many older SLE-Ti are also skilled at that but they aren't as skilled at it from their earliest days like LSI-Se are.) They usually listen to other people even if they don't agree with their views.

The Beta NFs are often too thin-skinned and act on it while; the EIE always have to be in charge and they're too intolerant of misbehavior and as Extraverted J valuing Se they bully people A LOT. The IEI, as I F types often feel uncomfortable in their own skins which effects their relationships more with others. EIE tend to treat people as members of the group without taking individual needs into account; when they're leaders, they don't have close relations with individual members of the group while it's totally false that LSI-Se are incapable of that; the notion that LSI-Se prefer to maintain "professional" informal relations with their co-workers goes completely against my observations and is some of the worst, most false bullshit I've ever read. ESTp-Ti are often bullies and have the narcissism but they're probably a distant second in their ability to work with and lead people after the LSI-Se.

The Alpha Socials don't work as well with people because they just won't associate with people they don't like and they can have strong dislikes for people, while LSI-Se are more loyal to rules and protocol so even if their is a person they don't like they can act as if they do and relations will go more smoothly than they will with Alpha SFs. The Alpha Researchers often alienate people because they talk about things that no one else can understand, which makes them not great with people and they're pretty unyielding when it comes to what they want much like the Beta NFs.

The Gammas are too vindictive, too thin-skinned, hold on to grudges too much (which effects their relations with others too much), and need too much control to be considered good with people. The ILI probably the best at working with people of the Gammas.

The LSE, like the EIE, will never find a person who behaves well enough for them or who is always comfortable with their demands. The SLI is too aggressive and too into things, tools rather than people for them to be considered great with people. The Delta NFs are probably the second best at working with people after the Alpha NTs, but the Delta NFs are more willing to tell people what they don't want to hear and are at least slightly more about what they want, their ideals than the Beta STs are and they're not capable of physically protecting like the Beta STs. And the Delta NFs are poor instructors and somewhat insensitive to other peoples' emotions and take sides more, while LSI-Se can easily teach people their preferred methods and are more objective meaning that people under their leadership aren't universally favored over anyone else under their leadership.

Although LSI-Se are more feminine to me than masculine, they're generally that strong, but gentle and loyal and reliable grand patriarch who provides for and protects their family while being able to take all the punches in the world and who is fair with their children as they are with other people, and are generally willing to work with and play with their kids and to teach them the skills they need to survive in a world that some would view as too chaotic (even though I don't.) They're much better parental figures than ESI-Fi, much more fair, much less aggressive, much less unjustly punitive, and much more willing to spend "parent-child" time when they're done with their duties and despite being called the controller, they have the Ti to identify and understand what doesn't need to be controlled unlike the ESI-Fi.

The conventional categorization and names for some of the types are inaccurate. I admire Vera Stratiyevskaya and think she's a genius for many things but especially for pointing out that the LSI's logic is socially-oriented, because it is. I'm not saying LSI-Se are perfect with people because they're not, but they are the best with people of all the types and are great leaders and I hope to see LSI-Se Tulsi Gabbard as popular two-term President. Mike Pence is an LSI-Ti and I like him too, but I certainly prefer Tulsi Gabbard.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 06-05-2023 at 12:15 AM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant for the thread title to start with (Sub)types. Also, I'm sorry that I kind of drifted off course from the title; I had forgot my thoughts about the other types, the Beta STs were most on my mind. Maybe I'll recall later and then talk about it. Who the hell knows.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I do know an LSI-Se who could spend maybe a month in a new community and by the end know everyone in it, and not just that but also have some sort of connection to every person.. it blows my mind how good she is at forming relations. she's certainly not afraid to make enemies though. LSI-Se 8w9. 853 most likely. She has so much of this "against" energy. (you know, towards/against/withdrawn i forget the name for it all)
    I respected her very much and she's probably one of the most intelligent people i've ever known. Had very good values and was a good judge of character. lots of Ne PoLR though, lol.
    Had a bad first impression of her because when I first spoke to her she just kind of stared at me really intensely and spoke very slowly, and she gives off this air of superiority. When I mentioned it, she said she gets that a lot, and "well it's actually true I think I'm a bit superior"

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    They aren't visibly thin-skinned nor F-types nor dynamic while being Se-valuing so they don't have the natural aggressiveness that the NFs of the same quadra do.
    What do you mean? IEIs aren't aggressive.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the truth is - there are no subtypes in Socionics and
    the existing hypotheses are generally baseless and all are practically useless

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike Pence might not be an LSI-Se, not 100% sure. LSI-Se females are super easy to notice, although there are actually more LSI-Se females than LSI-Se males.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.