Thread: People with socionics duality experience-what were your instinctual stacks?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 946 so/sx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default People with socionics duality experience-what were your instinctual stacks?

Just wondered what stackings seem to work together for duality or which stacks are attracted to each other. I am so/sx and I have known a couple of sx/so duals who I was quite attracted to do but didnít know for very long. I also think Iíve been attracted to an sp/so dual. Iíve also liked so/sx for other socionics types. I feel like Iím usually attracted to sx/so for people in my quadra. Curious as to how other people experience it. Confused about what to look for/what I need and want ta

TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She was so/sx. Im sp/sx. It seems like an okay combo. I dont know much about the stackings tho
    ~ ESTP ~ SLE ~ ESTp ~ Self-Pres 7w8 ~ Sp/Sx ~ Fire Element ~ Aries Sign ~ Beta Quadra ~ Gryffindor House ~ Summer Season ~ SLUEN ~

TIM
    IEI-Ni 946 so/sx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    She was so/sx. Im sp/sx. It seems like an okay combo. I dont know much about the stackings tho
    Thanks. I had a guy friend at uni who was Estp sp/sx who liked me actually. I think I sort of liked him but he ended up leaving (uni). My brother is esFp sp/sx though and I find him uber charismatic and sweet but also we are very different (he’s a bit of bad boy) and clashed a lot growing up..could see it being an interesting dynamic with a dual. It probs still depends on the rest of your personality I guess..
    Last edited by bethanyrose; 08-01-2020 at 03:21 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 946 so/sx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    yeah u can disagree but this is facts. and what u say doesnt contradict what i said
    Not disagreeing, sorry if my wording is unclear

TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bethanyrose View Post
    Not disagreeing, sorry if my wording is unclear
    Oh i responded to the wrong thing my bad
    ~ ESTP ~ SLE ~ ESTp ~ Self-Pres 7w8 ~ Sp/Sx ~ Fire Element ~ Aries Sign ~ Beta Quadra ~ Gryffindor House ~ Summer Season ~ SLUEN ~

TIM
    IEI-Ni 946 so/sx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I can only really see myself with a sx/so or sp/so dual, based on those I've met (and bits and pieces I've read about the different instincts). Even then, I imagine a relationship with sx/so could be really intense (maybe too intense) because of our similar stacking and a relationship with sp/so might feel not quite intense enough- they might not feel like an intense enough person? I wonder if this is the same for other people? That they have a preference of maybe one or two..

I do know a dual couple who are so/sx and sp/so and when I look at them I think they are extremly well-suited with lots of chemistry. I suppose this instinctual stack stuff is not really meant to be viewed as something so black and white (we have all three instincts in us..). And just because I have sp/so friends who I don't consider to be very 'passionate or intense' doesn't mean that I would think of an sp/so dual this way..it is probably that some sp/so duals would seem very attractive..like the one I used to know. Also..it may be that we have a similar tritype..it may be that tritype can correlate with particular stacks too. Would be cool to hear other people's thoughts.

Other than that I think I could see myself with sx/so for activity or sx/so for mirror..again based on people I've met in the past. And I think I have noticed a few couples around like this- for example my brother and his girlfriend are mirrors and sp/sx and sx/sp.

Another thing I have experienced is very strong attraction to kindred and look-a-like who have similar tritype to me and are also so/sx. It is a very special bond and I wonder it it is because we are both so/sx (caring very much about our friends) that kindred and look-like (usually better for friends) can feel like such a strong connection (ultimately not romantic but very close to it, like a soul mate but platonic).
    Last edited by bethanyrose; 08-03-2020 at 04:19 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 946 so/sx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I think I met a dual. But I think he’s so/sp and I think there is already a bit to much ‘friction’. This has got me thinking that the idea of being part of the same ‘flow’ theory has substance to it. (So/sx going with either so/sx or sp/so or Sx/sp..for instance and not the others.) It’s a shame but my gut is telling me it’s not right, after initially thinking yay, a dual. Socionics in real life is hard :s

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@bethanyrose : idk shit about Enneagram, but this was cute and sad to read. While there is a "flow," duality is an attraction between opposites. Flex your strengths around them, not overbearingly, but let them know what you bring to the table. Also, make them feel useful, encourage them to use their strengths, perhaps even engage their 3rd function, but don't focus on it. Whenever I ask my doolies to do dumb tertiary Te shit, they light up. "Oh, you're so good at finding movie-sites online! Do you know of any places I can get PDFs?" Ultimately, intimate relationships require 3 things:
    a) Physical attraction
    b) Mental attraction
    c) Chemistry
    As Lana Del Rey is wont to implore, "sometimes love is not enough."

TIM
    IEI-Ni 946 so/sx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cactagon View Post
    @bethanyrose : idk shit about Enneagram, but this was cute and sad to read. While there is a "flow," duality is an attraction between opposites. Flex your strengths around them, not overbearingly, but let them know what you bring to the table. Also, make them feel useful, encourage them to use their strengths, perhaps even engage their 3rd function, but don't focus on it. Whenever I ask my doolies to do dumb tertiary Te shit, they light up. "Oh, you're so good at finding movie-sites online! Do you know of any places I can get PDFs?" Ultimately, intimate relationships require 3 things:
    a) Physical attraction
    b) Mental attraction
    c) Chemistry
    As Lana Del Rey is wont to implore, "sometimes love is not enough."
    thank you! I think I'm freakin out a bit and maybe scared and being a lil melodramatic. I really appreciate your comment. It's very easy to sit at home reading about enneagram and socionics and forget what it is to actually feel natural attraction to someone when you have worked out how to type people and almost see their 'type' before you see them..Enneagram is massively confusing and my mind gets carried away with it. Plus I have limited real life experience of romance.

I love and respect Lana Del Rey haha, good quote and know what you mean..have loved the wrong person before.. But it's almost the opposite because I did initially feel attracted to him and then wasn't sure.. it's like I'm wanting the person to be the perfect subtypes (when there isn't any consensus they exist because subtypes are so muddy)..OVER actually being attracted to them lol. I think it feels odd knowing you went after them in the first place because they looked like a dual so guess I'm worrying whether the attraction is real or not..

That's cute about engagaing the third function..and generally trying to get them to show their best selves..yeah maybe I am focusing on the negatives too much...and focusing on the negatives in all the literature...when there also lots of positves tbh..and no one is 'PERFECT' either..

hmmmmm

thanks

also I like your break down of relationship requirements neat and tidy!
    Last edited by bethanyrose; 08-30-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

potential IRL dualization I have come across: IEE-SLI sx last
    SEE-ILI, the ILI was sx/so, dunno about the SEE.