Thread: Does any of the types...

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does any of the types...

...continue to surprise you in regards to how many variants it can come in which means your inventory of the type keeps expanding?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No.

I happen to believe that most healthy people can be described to about the 85% level by three classifications; sociotype, enneatype, and instinctual stacking. The remaining factors are level of health, intelligence, background, attractiveness, and random influences like meeting a celebrity or having a debilitating disease.

If you look at the number of variations that are theoretically possible from the first three factors, you get 16 types (or let’s say 32 types with sub-types which, I think, matter), times 9 enneatypes, times 6 instinctual stockings, for a total of 1728 type variants. However, not all variants are common.

For example, while LIE’s can either be the square-jawed robotic action-oriented LIE-Te’s or the softer, more thoughtful and dreamy LIE-Ni’s, LIE’s are almost all either e8 or e3. The same applies to all types. In other words, the variables are not independent of each other. So the number of variants is manageable and a person can be identified by just a few questions or observations.

For example:
    A few days ago, I was talking to a LIE whom I’d never met before. It turns out he is a 36 yo district manager (similar to me at that age) and he and I drive the same car and he has a tendency to use tools and forget where he set them and he has five kids which I would have had if I had chosen a better wife and I showed him some of the art that means something to me and he liked it enough to take a picture of some of the pieces and he wasn’t faking it. He was trying to sell me something very expensive and his arguments were so good that I bought it. I was basically talking to myself that whole time. I’d never met this guy before in my life.

There aren’t that many people in the world. Just 16, with minor variations.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-30-2020 at 11:48 AM.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    ...continue to surprise you in regards to how many variants it can come in which means your inventory of the type keeps expanding?
    <br>
    The simple fact of them being human beings surprises me as how different they become over time. Also, everyone has something unique to add that no typing will ever predict

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Ne types. IEE seems to have an unending capacity to come with something "new" and don't seems to settle in any mood or idea for too long. Alpha NF can surprise me from time to time. I don't think they surprise me in socionical sense, because their i.m. have been described. For what I've seen, SxE types can evolve in pretty drastically different ways due Se lead and Ne role. IxEs however seem limited in the energy(force?) or will they put to achieve or complete or change something, and seems harder to actually materialize their ideas if undualized.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-31-2020 at 12:53 AM. Reason: G

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really since I learned DCNH which was several years ago.

I do get surprised sometimes. I recently met an EII working in construction.

Sometimes the subtype seems so strong that I can't see the main type at all.

Strong Dominant subtypes for introverts are always surprising in a way. I remember a very aggressive and energetic SLI woman at work for example

When I think of it, some of my recent mistypings have been due to not understading how dcnh totally changes the appearance of the person. So I am still learning.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Ne types. IEE seems to have an unending capacity to come with something "new" and don't seems to settle in any mood or idea for too long. Alpha NF can surprise me from time to time. I don't think they surprise me in socionical sense, because their i.m. have been described. For what I've seen, SxE types can evolve in pretty drastically different ways due Se lead and Ne role. IxEs however seem limited in the energy(force?) or will they put to achieve or complete or chance something, and seems harder to actually materialize their ideas if undualized.
    Make me do stuff, mom

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

people surprise, not types. there is a lot besides Jung types

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Ne types. IEE seems to have an unending capacity to come with something "new" and don't seems to settle in any mood or idea for too long. Alpha NF can surprise me from time to time. I don't think they surprise me in socionical sense, because their i.m. have been described. For what I've seen, SxE types can evolve in pretty drastically different ways due Se lead and Ne role. IxEs however seem limited in the energy(force?) or will they put to achieve or complete or chance something, and seems harder to actually materialize their ideas if undualized.
    Just wanted to say I got an SLE little brother and he looks unrecognizable from how he looked and acted when he was a kid.