Thread: No idea except EXXX maybe

TIM
    depends
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No idea except EXXX maybe

1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?

It’s a lot worse to never attempt it because you’ll know whether you can improve at it or give it up only if you try. You’ll learn a lot of small things just from the experience and you’ll have connections and resources no matter what. Also, failure doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to give up.

2. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?

Hmm… I guess I would make all humans aware of the long term consequences of their actions. This would prevent a lot of things like war, murder, procrastination, etc.

3. To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?

Where and from who you are born can influence your “fate”, or your future. But destiny doesn’t really exist. You need to accept how your life is and try to find the best way to be happy yourself. Everything you do or don’t do puts you a step forward to something, whether it be success or failure.

4. What happens after we die?
    I don’t know, I’m guessing nothing and that scares and depresses me. It’s both scary and relieving that I won’t even feel death. You’re basically gone. You don’t exist. I put off thinking about it.

5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?
    Those two things aren’t really on one spectrum. But I guess if I had to choose I would do the right thing. IMO there isn’t a “right” way to do things and you can always find a way to solve a problem like this if you ever have to… in the wild. Doing the right thing is usually more black and white IMO.
    6. What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant?
    They literally can’t understand me lol. To a toddler, I’d say to always have an open mind and never feel trapped because you can always recover from anything. No matter how bad your situation is, you can make it better.

7. Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
    When you start to hurt people to achieve your creative goals, or when you disregard negative consequences in order to realize your “perfect vision.”
    8. What is true happiness?
    A happiness that doesn’t go away. When you truly feel that you wouldn’t change anything in your life, you do things you enjoy, and when you die you won’t think back and wish for a redo.

9. What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
    I’ve had pretty bad social anxiety for a while now and it’s hard for me to talk to people. I’ll always have something to say and I want to contribute and get recognized for contributing, but my fear always stops me and holds me back. It’s a source of shame. I feel like I missed out on so many experiences and friendships because I can never say what I want. Tied into that is my fear of failure. I don’t try hard or take some opportunities because I’m worried that I’ll fail and I excel as I want. Basically, fear.

10. What makes you, you? I really don’t know. I feel like I’m a lot of things at different times, and that’s why I’m so interested in socionics. I don’t have a strong sense of self and I don’t know how I come off to people until they tell me. I liked the johari/nohari window because I could see how people saw me. Some words everyone said were clever, self-conscious, energetic, sensible, observant, logical, passive, overdramatic, panicky, intolerant, and distant. I think I’m consistently logical, but my energy levels change all the time. I also don’t know where they got overdramatic. I guess if I were to describe my general vibe it would be kind of jokey and high strung but also logical.

12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?
    Lying is wrong because you’re not telling someone something they want to know, harming them. White lies are generally to not offend someone for a little while when they have a problem but you don’t want to say, but personally I don’t like them because I want to hear the truth. It’ll help me more when I know what’s wrong with me.

13. How do you know your perceptions are real?
    I don’t know if they’re real but I act like they are. I guess this could be like a Matrix simulation thing but until I wake up in a vat of liquid I guess I don’t have to worry.

14. What makes a good friend?
    Someone you can trust to not tell people stuff, someone who’s interested in what you say, and someone you can really click with.

15. Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet?
    Like what? Like money? Well if they’re definitely going to acquire the money then it’s basically theirs already, so they can fear losing it. This applies to people too. Generally, people fear losing things they believe they already own. Maybe from their perspective, they do have those things.

16. Who decides what morality is?
    You can decide for yourself. Listen to what people are saying and decide whether you agree or not.

17. What is the difference between living and being alive?
    This is literally semantics, playing with words. Just say that “living” is really “living life with passion” or to the fullest and being alive is not having any passion. It’s really important that I find my passion, actually, so I can live every day with something fun to do.

18. Is a “wrong” act okay if nobody ever knows about it?
    I don’t know, usually, wrong acts are wrong because they harm someone. And if something harms someone it has to do with people, and if people are around then they could find out about what you did. Wrong acts aren’t okay, period. And chances are people will find out.

19. Is there a reason to life?
    Everyone should try to find something that makes their life worth living.Currently, I don’t have anything to live for so I’m going to college to find something I’d like to study. Life itself is meaningless and it happens by chance. Life is an opportunity to experience the world you came from before you disappear.

20. How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other people’s experience of consciousness?
    Well, they have similar thoughts as you and similar actions. Mostly their logic is understandable.

21. What is true strength?
    Bravery and perseverance.
    22. What is true love?
    Affection that never fades.
    23. Is a family still relevant in the modern world?
    Yes, it’s important that you have a support system behind you. However, the traditional mom/dad/spouse thing doesn’t have to mean family. It can also be friends. Basically, a family is made up of people who have your best interests at heart.

24. What role does honor play in today’s society?
    It doesn’t really play much of a role. Most people don’t really care. It’s just some people who might personally notice that kind of thing.

25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?
    If you were raised in a culture where money was devalued, then sure. In the modern world, no. You need money to live.

26. How should people live their lives?
    However they want as long as they don’t hurt anyone. Almost anything goes.

27. How much control do you have over your life?
    Currently, I don’t have control because I’m living with my overbearing parents. They tell me how much and when to study, when to do my phone, and how long I can talk to my friends. They almost even forced me to go to a different college. I’m doing all I can to take back control and I’m going to college far away from them, where I’ll completely control my life. Other than that, there are no uncontrollable factors in my life and I’m confident that I can make my life go any way I want. I’m really lucky to be in such a good position because there are definitely people who aren’t as fortunate.

28. What is freedom?
    When you can do and think whatever you want. You need to have freedom to be happy.

29. Isn’t one person’s terrorist another person’s freedom fighter?
    Sure, if the freedom fighter person lacks perspective and doesn’t consider how they’re affecting other people.

30. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?
    No, nurture definitely has a greater effect on our personality, especially when you consider how our personality changes as we go through life. By personality here I mean just external traits, not socionics type.

31. What defines you?
    I don’t really know, I guess I’m really self-absorbed. I don’t know what I want in life. I’m basically a huge blank slate.

32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?
    I thought enlightenment was like nirvana. And that was the end goal. So you don’t strive for anything, I guess. Maybe you help other people become enlightened.

33. Do we have a soul?
    I don’t know, I guess not. There’s no mystical, special place in my heart. There’s only my consciousness. People who want us to have souls are just scared of death and of not existing anymore. They’re fooling themselves.

34. What is intelligence?
    Being proficient at doing something. Talent, natural or not.
    Smart lawyer→ good at argument
    Smart dancer→ good at body movements
    Smart politician→ good at manipulating people, public speaking

35. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?
    I always make my own decisions. I’m more passive about talking to people than I am about making decisions. It really annoys me when someone tries to push decisions on me, like my mom.

37. Is trust more important than love?
    IMO love involves trust. But trust doesn’t involve love. So i guess love is more important.

38. Is it easier to love or be loved?
    It’s easier for me to be loved because it doesn’t involve me doing anything lol. I’m really timid with people and really scared of getting rejected so I usually don’t reach out.

39. Is it better to love and lose or never to love?
    Love and lose because you have experience for later.

40. Do aliens exist?
    Yeah, the universe is too big for only one planet that hosts life.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni ego probably, but I'm not perfectly certain.

TIM
    depends
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surreal View Post
    Ni ego probably, but I'm not perfectly certain.
    cool thx, i was considering that. my previous self typing was ile, but i use too much te and ni for that. so i'm considering LIE, but there are other things there that i dont relate to..

TIM
    depends
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i made a list of points for ile vs lie.

lie:
    good relations with best friend ESI, who is anal retentive about productivity, talks about her relations with people and morals, and aims for prestige.
    i frequently make comments and judgements about te- effectiveness. i criticized different sei's with te and they didn't like it. i am very frustrated when people are impractical, like when they sink $400 on a car they drive once. i get annoyed by short sightedness by hugo, like when she weirdly refuses to break up w her bf bc of the possibility he might start liking her again. mistakes in logic are more forgiven and people who criticize logic seem pretentious. i don't care about si, but i dont really get hurt by criticism except when my mom says im smelly and fat LOL. i seek relationship advice from people constantly. i would guess that trying to act happy is fe role, because i don't do it when i know someone better. i act enthusiastic in the beginning of a relationship but as i get more comfortable i become grumpy. i'm looking for a lifelong passion, a career that'll take up my time and fufill me. i really admire people who persevere and work super hard to reach a goal like oikawa from haikyuu. i feel like i could do that if i had a goal in the first place. i'm more intolerant and i don't like when people are late or they're flighty.

ile:
    i have a more static temperament. i relate more with this cognitive style. I relate to fi polr because i'm hypersensitive about people liking me based on their external feelings (fe). i always joke around and i like when people are accepting of me, which seems fe valuing. people call me quirky and i always say random things to make people laugh. people have said that i seem like an ne dom because of how random i seem and from my sense of humor. i'm naturally argumentative even though i don't realize when i am sometimes. i don't like the idea of shutting up and taking a verbal beating so i always have to say something back. i'm kind of aimless in life, even though i don't want to be, and i don't have a clear career path or goals. i was bad at ap econ.

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are struggling between quasi identicals, you should check out the process and result dichotomy.
    Here are some links:
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ng-and-Renewal
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ss-by-A-Dovgan

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i dont really get hurt by criticism except when my mom says im smelly and fat LOL
    LIE confirmed.

I mean the best way to get me on the edge/irritated/offended is by trying to be too hung up how I might react and constipate your own expression. I have actually pretty much torn a new one for a few by giving hard ass interrogation when they can not think.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 07-29-2020 at 09:35 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    depends
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surreal View Post
    If you are struggling between quasi identicals, you should check out the process and result dichotomy.
    Here are some links:
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ng-and-Renewal
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ss-by-A-Dovgan
    Thanks, I'm definitely result>process, especially considering inductive and deductive logic. It's clear in my writing, even in the questionnaire, that my thought process is inductive. Usually I have difficulty reading process-style writing because it doesn't establish a framework/give a summary of its ideas. To me it seems directionless and confusing.

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE it is, lol. Your values are quite gamma too.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some kind of Ti ego

TIM
    depends
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Some kind of Ti ego
    hi, thx for responding. can you point out the ti?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any se/ni valuer

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also do people call u piss for short?

TIM
    depends
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coda View Post
    also do people call u piss for short?
    lol yea, i use piss for a lot of my usernames too

TIM
    depends
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    on second thought it may not have been Ti that I was picking up on earlier in your questionnaire answers, but dialectical-algorithmic cognition
    Ok, this is interesting- I don't fully understand the cognitive styles right now, so it's easy to relate to parts of all of them except for HP. I don't turn a situation around and look at it differently. Frequently I assume that the most obvious answer, the one that I see when I take in a situation, is the most optimal one. If I consider multiple possibilities or solutions, then I disprove all but one. To me that sounds like VS, but I understand DA because I can see how a situation could unfold if one variable was different. However, I noticed in debates that some people play devil's advocate; I'm not inclined to do that. Although I can see the benefits of both sides, usually one side illuminates itself as more correct due to one piece of indisputable reasoning. I tend to test other arguments against that reasoning, and if it stands, then it's undeniable.
    Earlier I said that there was no "right way" to do things. In that, i meant that there is no set formula for a situation, unless you're talking about cooking or smth. However, every problem has a solution specific to that problem, and obviously, some solutions are more effective than others.
    I think CD is the simplest to understand, followed by HP; VS and DA are the most complicated.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pississippi View Post
    Ok, this is interesting- I don't fully understand the cognitive styles right now, so it's easy to relate to parts of all of them except for HP. I don't turn a situation around and look at it differently. Frequently I assume that the most obvious answer, the one that I see when I take in a situation, is the most optimal one. If I consider multiple possibilities or solutions, then I disprove all but one. To me that sounds like VS, but I understand DA because I can see how a situation could unfold if one variable was different. However, I noticed in debates that some people play devil's advocate; I'm not inclined to do that. Although I can see the benefits of both sides, usually one side illuminates itself as more correct due to one piece of indisputable reasoning. I tend to test other arguments against that reasoning, and if it stands, then it's undeniable.
    Earlier I said that there was no "right way" to do things. In that, i meant that there is no set formula for a situation, unless you're talking about cooking or smth. However, every problem has a solution specific to that problem, and obviously, some solutions are more effective than others.
    I think CD is the simplest to understand, followed by HP; VS and DA are the most complicated.
    I share these opinions. Except I haven't bothered trying to understand the other forms of cognition.

@pississippi, have you decided that you are LIE yet? Because you sound like I think.

I'm pretty sure you aren't ILE. I don't get the impression that you are Alpha. Much more Gamma, instead.

What does having "piss" in your usernames mean to you?

TIM
    depends
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I share these opinions. Except I haven't bothered trying to understand the other forms of cognition.

@pississippi, have you decided that you are LIE yet? Because you sound like I think.

I'm pretty sure you aren't ILE. I don't get the impression that you are Alpha. Much more Gamma, instead.

What does having "piss" in your usernames mean to you?
    hi, thanks for responding : )
    yeah, i think i'm LIE now.. but i'm still open to other opinions and analyses.
    piss kind of sounds like my real name and also it's funny