1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?
Itís a lot worse to never attempt it because youíll know whether you can improve at it or give it up only if you try. Youíll learn a lot of small things just from the experience and youíll have connections and resources no matter what. Also, failure doesnít necessarily mean that you need to give up.
2. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?
HmmÖ I guess I would make all humans aware of the long term consequences of their actions. This would prevent a lot of things like war, murder, procrastination, etc.
3. To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?
Where and from who you are born can influence your ďfateĒ, or your future. But destiny doesnít really exist. You need to accept how your life is and try to find the best way to be happy yourself. Everything you do or donít do puts you a step forward to something, whether it be success or failure.
4. What happens after we die?
I donít know, Iím guessing nothing and that scares and depresses me. Itís both scary and relieving that I wonít even feel death. Youíre basically gone. You donít exist. I put off thinking about it.
5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?
Those two things arenít really on one spectrum. But I guess if I had to choose I would do the right thing. IMO there isnít a ďrightĒ way to do things and you can always find a way to solve a problem like this if you ever have toÖ in the wild. Doing the right thing is usually more black and white IMO.
6. What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant?
They literally canít understand me lol. To a toddler, Iíd say to always have an open mind and never feel trapped because you can always recover from anything. No matter how bad your situation is, you can make it better.
7. Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
When you start to hurt people to achieve your creative goals, or when you disregard negative consequences in order to realize your ďperfect vision.Ē
8. What is true happiness?
A happiness that doesnít go away. When you truly feel that you wouldnít change anything in your life, you do things you enjoy, and when you die you wonít think back and wish for a redo.
9. What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
Iíve had pretty bad social anxiety for a while now and itís hard for me to talk to people. Iíll always have something to say and I want to contribute and get recognized for contributing, but my fear always stops me and holds me back. Itís a source of shame. I feel like I missed out on so many experiences and friendships because I can never say what I want. Tied into that is my fear of failure. I donít try hard or take some opportunities because Iím worried that Iíll fail and I excel as I want. Basically, fear.
10. What makes you, you? I really donít know. I feel like Iím a lot of things at different times, and thatís why Iím so interested in socionics. I donít have a strong sense of self and I donít know how I come off to people until they tell me. I liked the johari/nohari window because I could see how people saw me. Some words everyone said were clever, self-conscious, energetic, sensible, observant, logical, passive, overdramatic, panicky, intolerant, and distant. I think Iím consistently logical, but my energy levels change all the time. I also donít know where they got overdramatic. I guess if I were to describe my general vibe it would be kind of jokey and high strung but also logical.
12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?
Lying is wrong because youíre not telling someone something they want to know, harming them. White lies are generally to not offend someone for a little while when they have a problem but you donít want to say, but personally I donít like them because I want to hear the truth. Itíll help me more when I know whatís wrong with me.
13. How do you know your perceptions are real?
I donít know if theyíre real but I act like they are. I guess this could be like a Matrix simulation thing but until I wake up in a vat of liquid I guess I donít have to worry.
14. What makes a good friend?
Someone you can trust to not tell people stuff, someone whoís interested in what you say, and someone you can really click with.
15. Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet?
Like what? Like money? Well if theyíre definitely going to acquire the money then itís basically theirs already, so they can fear losing it. This applies to people too. Generally, people fear losing things they believe they already own. Maybe from their perspective, they do have those things.
16. Who decides what morality is?
You can decide for yourself. Listen to what people are saying and decide whether you agree or not.
17. What is the difference between living and being alive?
This is literally semantics, playing with words. Just say that ďlivingĒ is really ďliving life with passionĒ or to the fullest and being alive is not having any passion. Itís really important that I find my passion, actually, so I can live every day with something fun to do.
18. Is a ďwrongĒ act okay if nobody ever knows about it?
I donít know, usually, wrong acts are wrong because they harm someone. And if something harms someone it has to do with people, and if people are around then they could find out about what you did. Wrong acts arenít okay, period. And chances are people will find out.
19. Is there a reason to life?
Everyone should try to find something that makes their life worth living.Currently, I donít have anything to live for so Iím going to college to find something Iíd like to study. Life itself is meaningless and it happens by chance. Life is an opportunity to experience the world you came from before you disappear.
20. How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other peopleís experience of consciousness?
Well, they have similar thoughts as you and similar actions. Mostly their logic is understandable.
21. What is true strength?
Bravery and perseverance.
22. What is true love?
Affection that never fades.
23. Is a family still relevant in the modern world?
Yes, itís important that you have a support system behind you. However, the traditional mom/dad/spouse thing doesnít have to mean family. It can also be friends. Basically, a family is made up of people who have your best interests at heart.
24. What role does honor play in todayís society?
It doesnít really play much of a role. Most people donít really care. Itís just some people who might personally notice that kind of thing.
25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?
If you were raised in a culture where money was devalued, then sure. In the modern world, no. You need money to live.
26. How should people live their lives?
However they want as long as they donít hurt anyone. Almost anything goes.
27. How much control do you have over your life?
Currently, I donít have control because Iím living with my overbearing parents. They tell me how much and when to study, when to do my phone, and how long I can talk to my friends. They almost even forced me to go to a different college. Iím doing all I can to take back control and Iím going to college far away from them, where Iíll completely control my life. Other than that, there are no uncontrollable factors in my life and Iím confident that I can make my life go any way I want. Iím really lucky to be in such a good position because there are definitely people who arenít as fortunate.
28. What is freedom?
When you can do and think whatever you want. You need to have freedom to be happy.
29. Isnít one personís terrorist another personís freedom fighter?
Sure, if the freedom fighter person lacks perspective and doesnít consider how theyíre affecting other people.
30. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?
No, nurture definitely has a greater effect on our personality, especially when you consider how our personality changes as we go through life. By personality here I mean just external traits, not socionics type.
31. What defines you?
I donít really know, I guess Iím really self-absorbed. I donít know what I want in life. Iím basically a huge blank slate.
32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?
I thought enlightenment was like nirvana. And that was the end goal. So you donít strive for anything, I guess. Maybe you help other people become enlightened.
33. Do we have a soul?
I donít know, I guess not. Thereís no mystical, special place in my heart. Thereís only my consciousness. People who want us to have souls are just scared of death and of not existing anymore. Theyíre fooling themselves.
34. What is intelligence?
Being proficient at doing something. Talent, natural or not.
Smart lawyer→ good at argument
Smart dancer→ good at body movements
Smart politician→ good at manipulating people, public speaking
35. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?
I always make my own decisions. Iím more passive about talking to people than I am about making decisions. It really annoys me when someone tries to push decisions on me, like my mom.
37. Is trust more important than love?
IMO love involves trust. But trust doesnít involve love. So i guess love is more important.
38. Is it easier to love or be loved?
Itís easier for me to be loved because it doesnít involve me doing anything lol. Iím really timid with people and really scared of getting rejected so I usually donít reach out.
39. Is it better to love and lose or never to love?
Love and lose because you have experience for later.
40. Do aliens exist?
Yeah, the universe is too big for only one planet that hosts life.