Thread: Do average looking people look prettier to those who are more compatible socionics-wise?

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do average looking people look prettier to those who are more compatible socionics-wise?

It seems to me that those people with whom I don't naturally get along are more bad looking than those who I think are nice people, in general, with exceptions of course.
    Traits to be considered: nose shape, eyes, micro expressions, some skin qualities (ex. how much bloody is the skin or pale), facial format. Those are physical traits that aren't specifically very telling of how much beautiful someone is (I think lol).

I don't know if you get my point. But this is something that has been passing through my mind for some time.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. My SLI friend would seem average looking to many people but for some reason she looks amazing to me. It's the whole vibe she's got too.

Meanwhile, the EIE girl I know looks weird as fuck to me, for some reason. She gives me the creeps.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno about socionics, but how "good" or not others look to me definitely changes by how I feel about them. As I start to like someone they start looking more attractive. Things I found unattractive about them tend to become less prominent or actually somehow adorable. Generally it's the image of who they are in my mind adding its glow (or the opposite).

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Good IR conduce to personal sympathy. Personal sympathy makes higher sexual attraction.
    If you get this attraction as significant to concrete human, with a time your mind may change esthetic preferences to fit better to traits of that human.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I prefer 'average' anyway. Prettiness is an incorporeal hologram that only Normie basic bitches fall in love with (& untrustworthy hateful people who want to imprison me just for being a Mutant) and ugly people often don't realize their own hypocrisy. It's shallow and hateful to only like pretty, but it's also sadistic & hateful to offend aesthetics too much. So there is a balance and 'average' strikes that. But I wouldn't call them average as it has negative connotations. I probably would think they are extraordinary. (like Xander's speech to Dawn? lol)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    It seems to me that those people with whom I don't naturally get along are more bad looking than those who I think are nice people, in general, with exceptions of course.
    Traits to be considered: nose shape, eyes, micro expressions, some skin qualities (ex. how much bloody is the skin or pale), facial format. Those are physical traits that aren't specifically very telling of how much beautiful someone is (I think lol).

I don't know if you get my point. But this is something that has been passing through my mind for some time.
    It works the opposite way for me too. Like if I notice something looks weird about them physically, lo and behold I soon find that there’s something I don’t like about their personality. It’s not about stereotypical physical attractiveness but about some way their features’ harmony affects my subjective impressions.

It’s not exactly related to socionics ITR for me though.

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same for me theres this EIE dude who is more attractive then this SLI guy, but there is just something scary about him and I don’t feel any attraction towards the EIE

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes absolutely - I pinned down specific physical attributes and characteristics that I was attracted to in women far, far before I knew that it was because I was attracted to SLEs. Physically competent, strong (muscular, even) women with confident/flat expressions that let the quality of their angular facial features and femininity (chiseled cheekbones and jawline, full lips and hair, half-lidded eyes, etc...) speak for themselves. These are women others would describe as too intense or even masculine in their affect or default expressions, but to me it's confidence and humility in their beauty.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Average-looking people are stunningly gorgeous and handsome. The modal person only wishes they could be average in appearance.

That being said, modally-attractive people probably are more likely to look good to people they're compatible with genetically, so people will probably look better to their duals too, assuming duality is a real thing or at least close enough to a real thing.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found SEIs cute..even if they aren’t the hottest. Maybe it’s just that SFs are sexy, they have sexy features lol.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno about this. I think in my case, I sort of look for Fi characteristics (especially in the eyes) irrespective of type. Regarding duals, I might be even more picky than normal. Like, if the dual is no good (not only referring to looks wise) I wouldn't want to do anything with them.
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post

So basically you desire ST face?