Thread: Spotting the types on dating apps!

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Spotting the types on dating apps!

We talk a lot about duality and type spotting from the perspective of meeting people in person - what to expect from them, how they look, etc. - which is something that can't really happen now due to a pandemic.

I'm curious - in this time of quarantine (and also just in general), what are ways that you use to spot and distinguish types on dating apps like Tinder, etc? What are your tips and tricks to distinguish quadras & quasi-identicals??

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just look at them.

I'm a peach and you're a plum thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look at their hobbies and interests, overall appearance, but most importantly, I straight up ask them questions that will help me determine... I may have even asked a couple people to take a test o.O
    EII - INFP - E4 - 469- Melancholic
    Aquarius - Pisces - Pisces

a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I just look at them.
    Dude, this exactly what Jung referred as Ni - immediate surface impressions aka crude Se.
    Measuring you right now

Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seare825 View Post
    which is something that can't really happen now due to a pandemic
    This pandemic is a fake about another virus similar to season flu. 25% of Moscow region got this virus and the number of death is comparable with a year ago. Some countries as Belorussia and seems Sweeden have spited on that nonscientific idiocy and have no serious problems. At least to now moment it's so, as USA may spread another viruses from their labs to oppose to China and other "developing" and to arise social inequality in the world. There are no limitations to meet people in many places at now and before not many ones followed them.

> what are ways that you use to spot and distinguish types on dating apps like Tinder

Will not say about Tinder or apps. In social sites as FB and VK there are many photos which are useful to suppose types and to check "relations" status. Also what people write, their interests mb useful too. All "tips and tricks" are in common Socionics texts. For VI and behavior analysis it's enough. Also types examples may help.

The main possibility is public places where you may see and talk IRL. For those who are young there is a variety of close ages and without "married with kids" limits.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is there time to spot people’s types when you’re frantically swiping “yes” to everyone in your region?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not into these ways of meeting people anymore, being approached at random/in the wild is preferable. Even if it happens while covid distance-shopping... that's added mystique.

in terms of profiles I've been drawn to in the past :
    thumbs up & grin while rockclimbing
    goofy outfit and sequin mask, mid-party
    windswept hair , motorbike and great ocean road in background

EP (doing)vibes, merry vibes draw me in. comfortable clothing, shirts not buttoned fully
    bonus if there's a self deprecating pose or some great outdoors involved.

I'm a peach and you're a plum thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    I'm not into these ways of meeting people anymore, being approached at random/in the wild is preferable. Even if it happens while covid distance-shopping... that's added mystique.

in terms of profiles I've been drawn to in the past :
    thumbs up & grin while rockclimbing
    goofy outfit and sequin mask, mid-party
    windswept hair , motorbike and great ocean road in background

EP (doing)vibes, merry vibes draw me in. comfortable clothing, shirts not buttoned fully
    bonus if there's a self deprecating pose or some great outdoors involved.
    Agreed @ meeting in the wild preferable, which is a bit hard for me given my hermit status, but, the dating site thing just doesn't work. I always thought it wouldn't, recently gave it a try and yeah, not for me personally. I like he covid mystique thing LOL, I think I've mildly had that fantasy. Can only see half the face, what's behind the mask o.O I actually saw a dude who seemed ExxP who I kind of locked eyes with at the store and I felt curious a bit, heehee
    EII - INFP - E4 - 469- Melancholic
    Aquarius - Pisces - Pisces

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wouldn't trust type determination in any scenario where behaviour, perspectives and or looks can be prepared, rehearsed and or edited.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI-Ni 946 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm maybe figure out what enneagram type you are attracted to for your dual (I def prefer ESTP 7s for example over 3s and 8s and I think 7s prefer me too) and perhaps which instinctual stacking you like too. I started off trying to look for ESTPs based on interests and VI and I did find some but I just didn't feel attracted to them. Then I learnt about instinct stackings and had that in mind when looking and got talking to someone who I thought was an ESTP 7. Turns out he was ESTJ..but now I seem to be getting matches with people I like the look of more, including (I think) some ESTPs. We shall see haha.

Enneagram stuff can be handy in narrowing down what socionics type someone is. Also, just matching with people you like the look of..even if you know they're not your dual ..there might be something about them that's similar to your dual and then the algorithms will bring up more people like them, and maybe some duals. Sorry if that actually makes it seem even harder haha.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 946 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I feel like having my instagram (with melodramatic IEI captions) connected to my profile might get me a bit more attention too LOL. And clearly state your interests. I am so/sx 9 and I love raving- I think there will be some ESTP 7s out there who love raving too I think these are helping..

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have to chat with them for awhile. I was able to type people online a long time ago even when I was fairly new to socionics. I remember one girl I typed ESI but when I met her it turned out she was a shy SEE, but close enough. Another time I chatted with a girl and we talked about old photographs, and I said that they are "so nostalgic", and then she replied that "if you haven't experienced it yourself it is maybe not the right concept to use "nostalgic". Well, I typed her ILI and when we met - she was ILI.

you talk and you'll figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by seare825 View Post
    to distinguish quadras & quasi-identicals??
    what do you mean distinguish quadras & quasi-identicals. ???
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

My Pinterest