Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spotting the types on dating apps!

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ...And that getting into crappy relationships with men [...] indicates poor Fi?
    well now i'm really doubting my type lmfao

if it was just one ex-husband and she tried really hard to make things work and isn't one for a lot of superficial, short relationships, then I'd still say strong Fi since she's devoted to her family. Also re: Se, taste is subjective and can come from a lot of different places.

If you're enjoying talking to her then just keep talking to her lol. If you have natural chemistry, things'll progress. You have more experience now than when you met your ex. You'll spot the warning signs that it won't work out earlier.
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that dressing well was Si? And that getting into crappy relationships with men and lawyers indicates poor Fi?
    Or poor Ti.
    I think she's an SEI. SEI is also one of the most devoted and dutiful types out there.

By the way, dressing well is not always Si, Se people dress well too.
    I'm not even a sensor, but I like fashion and have an eye for colours.

Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    Took a friend's recommendation, hard to say but maybe Fi valuing and Ni mobilizing? Anybody can be interested in self-development, though.
    Took a friend's recommendation reading self care books seems Fe/Ti

I can't actually think of anyone who writes texts like her. They are short, self-oriented, and seem to be missing random words.
    Seems like poor tert-Ti to me.

She has terrifically strong Si. Her Si is so strong that it scares me, quite frankly.
    How strong, can you give examples?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Or poor Ti.
    I think she's an SEI. SEI is also one of the most devoted and dutiful types out there.

By the way, dressing well is not always Si, Se people dress well too.
    I'm not even a sensor, but I like fashion and have an eye for colours.

Took a friend's recommendation reading self care books seems Fe/Ti

Seems like poor tert-Ti to me.

How strong (is her Si?), can you give examples?
    I’ve changed my mind about her. I now think she’s ESI.

Examples of Si are that she dressed impeccably well on our first two dates. Her hair was perfect, her teeth white, her clothes tasteful. She orders food and only eats 2/3 of it to stay slim. I was seeing the same kind of self-presentation that I saw in my SLI ex and see in an SEI-Fe that I work with. Like, a naturally high level of good taste in clothes. It was this high level of what appears to be Si that scared me about her. She has 4D Si, and I could not tell by looking at her if it was valued or if she was just good at it.

But ESI’s are said to be Artists, with themselves being the canvas. I’ve since seen her home.

It was spotless. Dust free. You could eat off the floor. There wasn’t a corner that wasn’t perfectly clean, as if she were on a mission to rid her world of any moral flaws. But her taste in furniture, unlike my SLI ex, is terrible. Everything was clean and in good repair, but it was kind of jarring. Now maybe she didn’t choose everything, but it looks like her house was furnished from yard sales, rather than having a single theme.

(Now that my SLI ex is long gone, my house is starting to look eclectic, too, and I hate that. I seem to be powerless to change it, though, which is why I want to hire an interior decorator (ESE or SEI) to furnish the place, once I get the structure where I want it.)

She showed me her laundry room in the basement. It was very different from the rest of the house. Clean, but dark and cluttered, as if it were her alter-ego. It looked like my basement on a good day.

I somehow feel that an SEI would just have a better sense of how furniture would match than she did. She showed me some really ugly furnishings and said she really should get rid of this, but it has memories for her. So, Fi over Fe.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 01-19-2021 at 07:57 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve changed my mind about her. I now think she’s ESI.

Examples of Si are that she dressed impeccably well on our first two dates. Her hair was perfect, her teeth white, her clothes tasteful. She orders food and only eats 2/3 of it to stay slim. I was seeing the same kind of self-presentation that I saw in my SLI ex and see in an SEI-Fe that I work with. Like, a naturally high level of good taste in clothes. It was this high level of what appears to be Si that scared me about her. She has 4D Si, and I could not tell by looking at her if it was valued or if she was just good at it.

But ESI’s are said to be Artists, with themselves being the canvas. I’ve since seen her home.

It was spotless. Dust free. You could eat off the floor. There wasn’t a corner that wasn’t perfectly clean, as if she were on a mission to rid her world of any moral flaws. But her taste in furniture, unlike my SLI ex, is terrible. Everything was clean and in good repair, but it was kind of jarring. Now maybe she didn’t choose everything, but it looks like her house was furnished from yard sales, rather than having a single theme.

(Now that my SLI ex is long gone, my house is starting to look eclectic, too, and I hate that. I seem to be powerless to change it, though, which is why I want to hire an interior decorator (ESE or SEI) to furnish the place, once I get the structure where I want it.)

She showed me her laundry room in the basement. It was very different from the rest of the house. Clean, but dark and cluttered, as if it were her alter-ego. It looked like my basement on a good day.

I somehow feel that an SEI would just have a better sense of how furniture would match than she did. She showed me some really ugly furnishings and said she really should get rid of this, but it has memories for her. So, Fi over Fe.
    Or Si. We all know Si people have fondness for things of the past, for memories, nostalgia.

ESI’s are indeed the artists, with themselves being the canvas.
    Since when does an artist have very neat, clean and tidy home? A messy environment somehow can lead to creativity they say.

I think ESI's are rarely organised people, seems like they prefer to have things a bit more chaotic.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or poor Ti.
    Why, though?

Or Si. We all know Si people have fondness for things of the past, for memories, nostalgia.
    Where did you get that?
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Why, though?
    Where did you get that?
    Why Ti?
    Because Ti is a decision making (judging) function, it analyses data and comes up with a decision on what to do based upon logic and how your mind models how things work.

If Ti is low in their stack, 3rd or 4th function, and they don’t use it very often, they will use some other function to make those decisions, in this case for an SEI they use Fe.

Because @Adam Strange (how do we mention username here?) said she seems to be completely unable to judge the total costs to her of working at a close or a distant hospital for two different wage rates and hourly schedules, and she hasn't been able to find a lawyer who will fight for her assets and keeps getting taken advantage of (she says) by these lawyers who send her bills and accomplish nothing.

I think a dominant Ti user would always be thinking about things like the long term implications. But as a low Ti user, such concerns are rarely what they make decisions upon and they prefer simple straight-forward answers.

About the Si?
    Si is information gathering (perceiving) function, where you focus on subjective, personal experience, but then you compare those new experience to past experience and memories.

So when compared to Se, Se individual perceives exactly what the senses are telling it, live and in real time.
    With Si, the individual perceives mostly stored memories of previous sensory experience, they will experience something real time, but then they will quickly compare it to stored memories in their minds.

That's why people with high Si usually have fondness for things of the past, they somehow like having something to look at, to remind them of how special that experience was. When they remember a favorite experience they can instantly recall how they felt then, and many of the significant details of that experience. Basically they enjoy reminiscing and have a certain sense of nostalgia. I've known so many SEI.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Ti?
    Because Ti is a decision making (judging) function, it analyses data and comes up with a decision on what to do based upon logic and how your mind models how things work. If Ti is low in their stack, 3rd or 4th function, and they don’t use it very often, they will use some other function to make those decisions, in this case for an SEI they use Fe.
    I thought Adam mentioned ‘crappy relationships with men’. Keeping questionable company is something you could also say about ILEs, for example. And even in the case of crappy lawyers, if she uses Fe that much as you try to imply, she wouldn't have gone to lawyers in the first place (I'm sorry, I didn't go up and read his whole post). Something like that what you described can even happen to an SLE if they get lazy and someone can stroke their Ne role somehow. I'm not saying the woman is SLE but that your explanation of why this is Ti mob. does not have to be the reason.

About the Si?
    Si is information gathering (perceiving) function, where you focus on subjective, personal experience, but then you compare those new experience to past experience and memories.

So when compared to Se, Se individual perceives exactly what the senses are telling it, live and in real time.
    With Si, the individual perceives mostly stored memories of previous sensory experience.
    This wording. Where did you get it? (Nostalgia might be stronger with Ni types) Don't make me summon @Tallmo.
    Last edited by Rusal; 01-19-2021 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    This pandemic is a fake about another virus similar to season flu. 25% of Moscow region got this virus and the number of death is comparable with a year ago. Some countries as Belorussia and seems Sweeden have spited on that nonscientific idiocy and have no serious problems. At least to now moment it's so, as USA may spread another viruses from their labs to oppose to China and other "developing" and to arise social inequality in the world. There are no limitations to meet people in many places at now and before not many ones followed them.
    It seems suspect, your statement that five hundred muscovites a day were dying of standard influenza last year in December. That's what Covid-19's stripping away from your ranks right now.

I did find a National Institute of Health paper talking about 90 people dying across all of Russia, if I understood correctly, over an ENTIRE flu season in 2017.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Adam mentioned ‘crappy relationships with men’. Keeping questionable company is something you could also say about ILEs, for example. And even in the case of crappy lawyers, if she uses Fe that much as you try to imply, she wouldn't have gone to lawyers in the first place (I'm sorry, I didn't go up and read his whole post). Something like that what you described can even happen to an SLE if they get lazy and someone can stroke their Ne role somehow. I'm not saying the woman is SLE but that your explanation of why this is Ti mob. does not have to be the reason.
    "Keeping questionable company is something you could also say about ILEs
    Something like that what you described can even happen to an SLE if they get lazy"
    Correct. You're not wrong.
    Like I said before, poor-Ti. I wasn't talking about Ti-mob. Adam and I were just comparing poor Fi to poor Ti.

This wording. Where did you get it? (Nostalgia might be stronger with Ni types) Don't make me summon @Tallmo.

Haha, you can summon anyone if you'd like. We're all learning here.

Actually no,
    I have high Ni and I know nostalgia is not stronger with Ni types.
    I would say I do feel nostalgic but that's because of my Fi, which is not often due to my inf-Fi.

I think 2 functions that relate to nostalgia are Fi and Si, which Adam and I were talking about before.
    Nostalgia is basically a feeling state, it's a sense of longing for a time when things were right, Fi is the most related to it.
    But Si could be a part of it, Si is more like a mental picture of how something tastes or looks and it usually leads down the road of stability, a routine or daily habits, faith in tradition, or a tendency to document what you do, etc.

My own personal experience with many Si-users around me.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I think 2 functions that relate to nostalgia are Fi and Si, which Adam and I were But Si could be a part of it, Si is more like a mental picture of how something tastes or looks and it usually leads down the road of stability, a routine or daily habits, faith in tradition, or a tendency to document what you do, etc.

Where did you get the quote about Si and memories, exactly? Can you post a link? The one I asked you about in the previous post. There is nothing in socionics about that.

Also, are you Kiana?

Si is about internal impressions that are personal and vary from Si lead to Si lead, as Jung said. How do you go from there to ‘faith in tradition’, which would include unified morals and institutions?

And if you go down that road of rules and stability guiding a lifestyle and a need for ‘faith’ why aren’t LSI your candidates for nostalgics with Se creative and mob Ni?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is more like a mental picture of how something tastes or looks and it usually leads down the road of stability, a routine or daily habits, faith in tradition, or a tendency to document what you do, etc.

My own personal experience with many Si-users around me.

I document what I do so I can make measured progress. I know I sometimes wont remember if I imagined I did something or actually did, so ...polariod of this....voicemail about that....write a dated note about that, etc.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you get the quote about Si and memories, exactly? Can you post a link? The one I asked you about in the previous post. There is nothing in socionics about that.

Also, are you Kiana?

Si is about internal impressions that are personal and vary from Si lead to Si lead, as Jung said. How do you go from there to ‘faith in tradition’, which would include unified morals and institutions?

And if you go down that road of rules and stability guiding a lifestyle and a need for ‘faith’ why aren’t LSI your candidates for nostalgics with Se creative and mob Ni?
    I told you it's my understanding based on my personal experience with many Si-users around me.
    Anyway, I've never said Si is memories. I was saying high Si people tend to have fondness for things of the past like memories, which they usually do.
    Like I said before, Si is a function focus in personal experience. How do you go from there to faith in tradition? Well, like Jung said, it's vary from Si lead to Si lead, it's personal internal impression.

Why not LSI? Because I wasn't talking about others, I was talking about the woman @Adam Strange is seeing, that's what we were talking about before, it's just between ESI and SEI.

And no, I'm not Kiana.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Scarlett, Si is not about comparing past experiences or anything like that. If an Si person does that, then it is unrelated to the actual function.

You seem to be influenced by MBTI. It's best to forget everything that MBTI says about Si. They don't understand what it is.

SEI is also one of the most devoted and dutiful types out there.
    SEIs are kindof unreliable. Maybe you are talking about ESI? They can have a very strong sense of duty.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 01-20-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I told you it's my understanding based on my personal experience with many Si-users around me. .
    You talk about experience but then you write about it as if were theory, like: “With Si, the individual perceives mostly stored memories of previous sensory experience, they will experience something real time, but then they will quickly compare it to stored memories in their minds”. Well, I ask, where did you get that is the internal mechanism in function with Si? How do you know that’s happening internally?
    Moreover, ‘sensory’ is quite explicit in your description. How do you go from, let’s use the lowest-hanging fruit implied in your definition here, “I like strawberry juice better than strawberry milk” to the higher morals of tradition, which involve other functions, for example, ‘honor’ in the military.

Anyway, I've never said Si is memories. I was saying high Si people tend to have fondness for things of the past like memories, which they usually do.
    See above.

Why not LSI? Because I wasn't talking about others, I was talking about the woman @Adam Strange is seeing, that's what we were talking about before, it's just between ESI and SEI.
    You said you identifiy Fi and Si with nostalgia. So it’s Fi, Si and Ti/Se now? It just keeps expanding. How can LSIbe the only ones (to my recollection) actually identified with tradition in one of their descriptions when they value Se?

And no, I'm not Kiana.
    Sure thing, Scarlett.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One example Si. Apparently my SEI aunt just likes to absorb the environment while not engaging in it.

BUT ESI's can also be plenty unreliable. They might do stuff what their Fi whims tell them to do while ignoring lots of objective possibilities. Sucre they may be plenty loyal to their own convictions but they may instantly turn their back to something else when they get the calling.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess my comment that I "should be dating" inadvertently revealed that I see myself as someone who is married. Or should be married. And to tell you the truth, being single is not that comfortable to me. I mean, being single means I don't have crazy roommates and I don't have to share and I don't have to consider anyone else when I'm making plans, but I also don't have anyone who gives my life and my work meaning. Strat said something about this in her description of LIE's.
    Maybe good to interrogate that belief of should be partnered/married? Deciding to make the best of life, have a kickass life even if one doesn't find the right person... at least that's what I read to do in a self-help book in my late 20s and has helped me. When I feel more in touch with it.

And honestly, most of my depression recently probably comes from not having anyone in my life who gives it meaning. I need a worthy companion, not just a dinner date or a sex toy.
    As an ESI who loves meaning this pulled at my heartstrings <3

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think you see the person more or less accurately without too much lust/personal narcissistic fantasy ((though it's fine if ppl share fantasies but often it's this weird one sided thing)) - although that stuff might happen, it also just seems realistically possible. You both are sane and not crazy. And you both simply I would say - 'have a good head on your shoulders' because things like 'I won't fuck you unless you make as much money as Warren Buffet' thing or something is just highly personal for the individual. It's more about both parties being just in a clear & solid state of mind. I guess i should say 'healthy', but you know that word makes me groan.

The weird creepy bully/victim/hero dynamic evaporates very naturally because that stuff is such bullshit and it doesn't belong with two adults. Ever. It's not even really good to have that thing even 'a little bit' because it's so toxic to a "good" relationship - or experience. Many times people aren't even looking for a relationship, just a fun experience that isn't destroyed by the weird Russian narc vibes of this place.

You also probably wouldn't bring that system up or typology to begin with, or overly intellectual topics that aren't relevant to the person's grounded, real lives or any weird sexless psychology theory that makes you look like an asexual nerd. I'm sorry if that's harsh or hurts your feelings but I highly doubt that would ever interest somebody or make them excited or make them think you are anything other than somebody really sheltered, lonely and sad.. ... I mean I don't talk about 16types Adventures in real life unless I empathetically get in the real grounded moment the person would be accepting of it you know. You have to treat and protect all your 'nerdy' qualities the same way.

For me it's just this level of comfort. I'm naturally shy and ultra-wary of abusers or fucked up people or just people I know I'm not compatible with and it will end in this dark abyss- i'm kinda super sensitive to that thing so it's kinda understanding how much of they are like that in reality beyond the internet scope. I can sometimes weirdly sniff this out without meeting them first even once IRL- I don't know how I do it, I just do. Probably a lot of subconscious Fi or something.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 01-27-2021 at 02:49 PM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I think the only problem is how the idea would appeal to other people. I know similar MBTI dating apps released before, but not sure if they got traction (probably not)
    they didn’t. It was endless INFJs

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure thing, Scarlett.
    LOL wtf is this? I don’t have an alt. Scarlett doesn’t even write in the same manner as I do.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the socionics based dating app I mentioned upthread, Meetchapp?

They're apparently an "official partner" of Viktor Gulenko, and they're working on an in-app feature where he types you (according to their instagram, at least)

Curious as hell (and also kind of suspicious ngl) about how that's going to work, considering it took a month for me to get typed.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao I asked them on their instagram post how it works if you've already been typed, curious to see what they say & if there's a way to be "verified" outside whatever their app's method is.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So the socionics based dating app I mentioned upthread, Meetchapp?

They're apparently an "official partner" of Viktor Gulenko, and they're working on an in-app feature where he types you (according to their instagram, at least)

Curious as hell (and also kind of suspicious ngl) about how that's going to work, considering it took a month for me to get typed.
    Lol will that also cost 120 dollars?

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Lol will that also cost 120 dollars?
    It better be either $120 or like a less in-depth process or else I'm gonna be so mad lmfao

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Spotting the types on dating apps!

It sounds like G is a consultant and they’re incorporating his DCNH theory of “temperament.”

This sort of thing might launch in Europe but socionics isn’t known in the US. Americans are not into Ti stuff and this is probably going to be too complicated for most people to grasp (everywhere).

The information written is worded accordingly to G’s theories. This is basically a free lesson.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It better be either $120 or like a less in-depth process or else I'm gonna be so mad lmfao
    Yea lol

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Although can it be even less in depth, the current state of affairs is already like a speeddate or sth lmao

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Although can it be even less in depth, the current state of affairs is already like a speeddate or sth lmao
    You have an in-app text chat with Gulenko and he types you based on the vibe you give off in 140 words or less lmao.

IDK as long as the ITR holds up consistently for the people he types, that'd still at least count for something. @Lolita is right though it's all gonna be Europeans lmao there's gonna be like 2 SLEs from America and I got a feeling they're just gonna be trolling on there

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SLEs on there are actually EIEs because they’re obsessed with image.

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Meetch app that was aforementioned is live now. Go forth and meet duals, or activators, or mirages, or conflictors if you wanna be real spicy!
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump

I’m starting to wonder if ILEs stay away from dating apps.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Bump

I’m starting to wonder if ILEs stay away from dating apps.

I think I've seen two female ILEs on Match in six years. I'd imagine that the men are just as rare.

Poptart, you are just going to have to hit the computer clubs and the Maker Faires around your area. Or the bars. About 90% of the ILEs I know or have met have been bartenders at some point in their lives.

Or hang out in the library and see who is reading Scientific American, because "Why buy a subscription?"

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've seen two female ILEs on Match in six years. I'd imagine that the men are just as rare.

Poptart, you are just going to have to hit the computer clubs and the Maker Faires around your area. Or the bars. About 90% of the ILEs I know or have met have been bartenders at some point in their lives.

Or hang out in the library and see who is reading Scientific American, because "Why buy a subscription?"
    Maker Faires sound promising. What about Maker “spaces”? What are those even for?

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Renaissance festivals are great places to meet Ne-doms, too, for some reason.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maker Faires sound promising. What about Maker “spaces”? What are those even for?

Maker Spaces are places where some NT types have gotten together and have collected some machinery to make just about anything. You can join usually by paying a small fee and they will give you cheap or free classes on how to make stuff. They often have lathes and 3D printers and wood working machines and equipment for printing and making fabrics. Just about anything that can be made using your hands.

There is one near where I live. https://www.maker-works.com/
    I know the guy who started Maker Works. A very nice guy, but has no interest in (or ability for) making profits.

It is basically a community which exchanges trade skills and enables the making of things for not-money. Very Alpha.

You could visit a local place like this, express an interest in printing panda faces on barbecue aprons, and you'll be set.

When I was last there, a female ILE was doing shop cleaning in lieu of paying money for her membership.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maker Spaces are places where some NT types have gotten together and have collected some machinery to make just about anything. You can join usually by paying a small fee and they will give you cheap or free classes on how to make stuff. They often have lathes and 3D printers and wood working machines and equipment for printing and making fabrics. Just about anything that can be made using your hands.

There is one near where I live. https://www.maker-works.com/
    I know the guy who started Maker Works. A very nice guy, but has no interest in (or ability for) making profits.

It is basically a community which exchanges trade skills and enables the making of things for not-money. Very Alpha.

You could visit a local place like this, express an interest in printing panda faces on barbecue aprons, and you'll be set.

When I was last there, a female ILE was doing shop cleaning in lieu of paying money for her membership.
    My 15 year old LSI brother has two 3D printers that he bought at garage sales. One of them works and the other is broken. He wants to fix the broken one and re-sell it. He’s also building an antenna to use for capturing Russian weather satellite images. I could probably hit up a few Maker spaces under the guise of helping my brother find a place to work on his projects or maybe looking for buyers for his 3D printer

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My 15 year old LSI brother has two 3D printers that he bought at garage sales. One of them works and the other is broken. He wants to fix the broken one and re-sell it. He’s also building an antenna to use for capturing Russian weather satellite images. I could probably hit up a few Maker spaces under the guise of helping my brother find a place to work on his projects or maybe looking for buyers for his 3D printer

Sounds like a plan.

Be forewarned. My SLI ex-wife first asked me at an astronomy meeting if I could help her IEI sister align her little telescope. The telescope was at the SLI's apartment, and I went over there suspecting nothing. A year later, I was married to her.

I think it really helps if the guy is focused on his interests and isn't suspecting a thing. It makes the interaction more natural and the guy not only doesn't have his guard up, but he instantly has a deep and solid connection to something that the woman says she is interested in.
    Only later, still never suspecting that he's been trapped, does he start thinking that this woman who shares an interest in his hobby might be worth keeping around. For cookies. Or something like that.

I think I only became aware of the larger plan when, after we were married, she stopped going to the Astronomy meetings. But by then, it was too late.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE View Post
    I have seen a few on OLD but they seem to get really bored easily. Or distracted.
    I’ve never heard of OLD. Is that a dating app for old people? Lol

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get bored easily on dating app! Does anyone else experience this?
    I'm always excited to meet new people in real life, but I become so ignorant in chatting with people on dating apps, like "I don't care about that, this is so boring" and end up ignoring the chats and close the apps?
    I don't know.
    I'm more excited to join a community or visit an event without knowing anyone there, and that's when I start the talk to get to know them.

Psychology BSc and statistics MSc Armitage's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can confirm based on my Ne-friends going there before the pandemic hit.

Identifying different types there is like decoding a mystery sometimes. If you're into understanding these types better, you might wanna explore https://omegle.fm. They've got a knack for bringing together diverse personalities, making it a fun spot to encounter all sorts of dating personas. From the adventurers to the hopeless romantics, you'll find a mix worth exploring.
    Last edited by AubreDkson32; 01-05-2024 at 01:38 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast