Thread: How to spot an SLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool How to spot an SLE

Maybe, maybe not inspired from the IEI-Fe thread.
    It would be really cool if you could do it with subtypes too.

There's an SLE I've known (not on a personal basis) for many years, and I used to faintly admire her, but for some reason I simply never thought about her type and realized she's an SLE before recently. I've been told she's somewhat interested in me. apparently I am "socially interesting" because when she talks with me it's engaging and I actually have a personality, whatever that means for her. when i heard that I was surprised because the one time we did talk more personally I thought she was bored out of her mind. apparently she doesn't know how to approach me. neither of us know how to bridge the gap I guess.
    I'm going to maybe ask my ILE friend who's close with her if she can organize something with the 3 of us this summer. I keep forgetting to do it though.. or procrastinating.

Anyway, my one experience with duality was all the way back in middle school when I was best friends with an SLE. One day her mom brought her to my house and my mom told us "play" and that was that. now that I'm older it's a bit more complicated, lol.
    Although at the time I complained to my diary she was selfish and spoiled (never "mean", hm) and at the time my mom commented that she was always very possessive of me, once I moved away I always missed her very much. Now, I complain that I have nobody who actually forces me to do stupid stuff with them anymore. I bet she loved that I'd always play whatever random game she thought of. Seriously, it was just, Her: hey, we're doing this Me: ok. I've never been as physically fit again as I was when I was friends with her.
    Paraphrase from my diary: "she told me I'm a really good friend, but I don't understand why she thinks that because I'm so boring." I think she just liked having a companion with whom there was no drama. After I left her mom said that she had trouble fitting in with the other girls who just wanted to talk and gossip. She was always just vibrating to go do something. Sidenote, definitely a pronounced Se-subtype (going by memory). Ah, I'm being sentimental and missing her again.

Back to the subject. my hypothesis is that I confuse EIE with SLE (again, we're talking from at a distance, because do I actually go up to people and talk to them, particularly if they're extroverted and confident? of course not.)

Yahhh so how do you spot an SLE? Particularly male because I may or may not want to kidnap one for myself (jk I'll just stay in my cave until the end of time)
    In all seriousness, I'm mostly asking just for food for thought because I'm mostly stuck at home right now anyways. and have only been socializing like once a week (sometimes twice!!!) with the same 7 people.

PS I put the glasses post icon because it's supposed to be the Super-Glasses That See People's Type

Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Back to the subject. my hypothesis is that I confuse EIE with SLE (again, we're talking from at a distance, because do I actually go up to people and talk to them, particularly if they're extroverted and confident? of course not.)

Yahhh so how do you spot an SLE?
    Same reply as to the other thread- you could start by watching videos of SLEs and then perhaps spotting people who look/act the same irl. Though spotting extraverts it's the problem. For dualization there has to be some kind of an experience, some sort of a story, that goes beyond just acknowledging each other's existence.

TIM
    H-ILE
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Now, I complain that I have nobody who actually forces me to do stupid stuff with them anymore. I bet she loved that I'd always play whatever random game she thought of. Seriously, it was just, Her: hey, we're doing this Me: ok. I've never been as physically fit again as I was when I was friends with her.
    That sounds gr8 tbh. I wish there was someone like that in my life.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just an ongoing project comparing people and sorting out the types. That's what it's all about. Impossible to give full advice on how to spot a SLE because you have to learn to distinguish them from all other types. Meet people of all types, watch videos of all types

The Se can be very easy to spot. Direct contact with the environment, a physical presence that's hard to describe. With SEEs you often notice the Te mobilizing, like they can seem very into Te, so that's one way of telling SLE and SEE apart. I just met a SEE yesterday (a dance teacher, how typical) and it was the Te that made me decide on SEE
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

My Pinterest