Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 88

Thread: How to spot an SLE

  1. #41
    …L QUE SABE, SABE DEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Posts
    482
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnatchYourWeave View Post
    Se command. Te is strong but not important because the background (demonstrative) IM is vital, contact, and producing. The background IM effectively “lies in wait,” much like the creative, unless provided with a context by the program (base function) itself to come into play. Furthermore, the same aspect of information in the program IM simply takes its processing of information for granted as an objective fact of reality, whereas in the background the same thing is not objective but instrumental and suited to the demands of the environment. The reason why demo function comes out so strong but in a mocking, self-serving manner is because the mind is showing that it favors the creative function.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Yeah, I'm like you, but sometimes I can come across as bossy and demanding and aggressive of the Se base and 7w8 enneagram, with my Mobilizing Te (I like to think I'm better at it than I really). But mostly, I can come across as more "fun" and "outgoing" and "showy" if I want to, because of Demonstrative Fe. When I'm in a room with a lot of people, I can work the room for a while. Until I settle in. I like to gauge things and people, more so than work out logical systems. I can use Te decent, but it's not like 4D decent, if that makes sense. It's not like amazing or anything. (Ti PoLR doesn't want to explain things well at 6am, lol). So yeah, the difference is Demo Fe vs Te, which can make some invidiuals come across as marine sergeants and other come across as fun merchants (like you mentioned above about it coming out in a mocking, self-serving manner).

    I really hope that makes sense.

  2. #42
    I don't play, I slay. Lolita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Near Whole Foods
    TIM
    SEE-Nô WPELô 863
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Comparison types appear very similar because the lead function runs the show. It’s not until the lead function gives commands that makes the demo cater to the lead by giving support to the creative. In another words, demo executes the will of the lead but for creative’s reasons. That sort of equation is not readily visible to outsiders so that’s why it takes awhile to register which type is which until further examining the person to get a better understanding. This is why I’m against visual typing. You won’t know who you’re dealing with based off looks alone.

    A lot of people think I “look” SEE when I’m joking around and socializing with people. In reality, that shit tires me out lol and I only make quickie social appearances to show that I’m present and I’m doing what’s socially expected of me. But after that’s accomplished, I’m basically chilling in the back. Granted I’m a social antisocial, but most SLEs do what’s little required of Fe. Mob function works in small doses and for limited time, too much usage of it explodes in your face. Contrast, I’ve watched my SEE friends tirelessly mingle and be the life of the party. I know why and they know why they “put on a show” but others don’t actually know why. SEE’s demo Fe is naturally stronk so it can rival any Fe lead, but it’s specifically purposeful to assist Fi creative function. SEE mingles to create close connections, meet business relations, etc. It’s not done to keep the atmospheric mood going. SEE don’t give a shit about that. Most of my SEE friends actually prefer to stay home and read a book or they’ll call me up to talk. Even my SEE acquaintances prefer to specifically interact with a small few. Demo function fools the audience because it comes out so strong.

  3. #43
    …L QUE SABE, SABE DEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Posts
    482
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnatchYourWeave View Post
    Comparison types appear very similar because the lead function runs the show. It’s not until the lead function gives commands that makes the demo cater to the lead by giving support to the creative. In another words, demo executes the will of the lead but for creative’s reasons. That sort of equation is not readily visible to outsiders so that’s why it takes awhile to register which type is which until further examining the person to get a better understanding. This is why I’m against visual typing. You won’t know who you’re dealing with based off looks alone.
    THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT! MY POINT EXACTLY ABOUT VISUAL TYPING!




    Most of my SEE friends actually prefer to stay home and read a book or they’ll call me up to talk. Even my SEE acquaintances prefer to specifically interact with a small few. Demo function fools the audience because it comes out so strong.

    Yeah. I get that. I thought for years that I was weird because I didn't wanna socialise all the time or be expressive, but I realised that 95% of Socionics descriptions are bull or oversensationalised. Or translated wrongly/weirdly. In all honesty, I could stay at home and produce music/watch videos all day as opposed to go party, but when I have to party/make connections, I go for it. I'll get what I want from it connection wise. I make an impression. I start things and the ExEs continue the chaos. I'm getting better at keeping things going. Much better than I was before, to be honest.
    Last edited by DEAD; 09-29-2020 at 06:12 AM. Reason: can't quote, lol.

  4. #44
    I don't play, I slay. Lolita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Near Whole Foods
    TIM
    SEE-Nô WPELô 863
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mos def. Every SEE I’ve ever met have told me the same thing, “Why does everyone act like I’m an airheaded party animal? I don’t even really have fun at the parties.” I get pissed off of the stereotypical nonsense that Se leads are wild, crazy, and loud. SEE is “wild” cuz they’re fiercely individualistic and SLE is “crazy” because they want to dominate and enforce their dominance in every environment. SEE is “loud” because they dress boldly to express themselves. SLE is “loud” because they speak with forceful assurance. That don’t translate to being power hungry, mindless fuckers. Se leads are very serious about what they do, even if the world sees otherwise. Just because our motivations aren’t readily understood by others don’t mean that we live for our projected image. No, we live for our desires.

  5. #45
    …L QUE SABE, SABE DEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Posts
    482
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnatchYourWeave View Post
    Mos def. Every SEE I’ve ever met have told me the same thing, “Why does everyone act like I’m an airheaded party animal? I don’t even really have fun at the parties.” I get pissed off of the stereotypical nonsense that Se leads are wild, crazy, and loud. SEE is “wild” cuz they’re fiercely individualistic and SLE is “crazy” because they want to dominate and enforce their dominance in every environment. SEE is “loud” because they dress boldly to express themselves. SLE is “loud” because they speak with forceful assurance. That don’t translate to being power hungry, mindless fuckers. Se leads are very serious about what they do, even if the world sees otherwise. Just because our motivations aren’t readily understood by others don’t mean that we live for our projected image. No, we live for our desires.
    Yea, of course. I tend to get kinda pissy when people want to tell me how to dress. I literally have torn my Mum apart and fought with her over the years about this. So what if I want to wear a black shirt one day, pink the next and then something blue with khaki shorts. Just because it doesn't fit her idealistic mold of what she thinks is "acceptable". I also like to make music and sometimes write to expresss myself too. I'm an artist (idc if that sounds corny) and I take it seriously. I love it. It's my passion and I want to also make money from it.

    I think I also come across to others as "aggressive, simple and animalistic" because I'm not concocting a baseless theory or balls deep in logic, but that's not the case. I just function different and am content with not overcomplicating things and just doing them in the moment. Fulfilling the goals and desires that I want to. Overcomplication drives me mad. If I want something, I get it. If I wanna do something, I do it, you know? I can spend hours on one thing, then I can move on. It just depends what arises for me that day.

  6. #46
    I don't play, I slay. Lolita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Near Whole Foods
    TIM
    SEE-Nô WPELô 863
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Creative function changes, either contracting or expanding in reference to their lead function. Creative Fi to Se base is visceral and comes off almost like barebones straightforward. You do what you feel that resonates closely to you at the moment. If it doesn’t resonate with you, why would you give a fuck about that?
    Creative Ti to Se base is harder to pinpoint because the very nature of Ti is abstract as in logical abstraction. You cannot teach someone how to Ti. The logical connections that Ti makes isn’t visible so SLE tend to come off black/white because they’re more comfortable with ideological absolutes. I don’t like to say it but I’m very black/white (even one of my LSI ex’s said my black/white thinking can be hard for him to deal with). I don’t give a fuck about the “grey area.” Exceptions don’t invalidate the rule. I’ll gladly update information if it makes logical sense, but if it don’t, I don’t give a fuck.

  7. #47
    …L QUE SABE, SABE DEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Posts
    482
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnatchYourWeave View Post
    Creative function changes, either contracting or expanding in reference to their lead function. Creative Fi to Se base is visceral and comes off almost like barebones straightforward. You do what you feel that resonates closely to you at the moment. If it doesnít resonate with you, why would you give a fuck about that?
    Creative Ti to Se base is harder to pinpoint because the very nature of Ti is abstract as in logical abstraction. You cannot teach someone how to Ti. The logical connections that Ti makes isnít visible so SLE tend to come off black/white because theyíre more comfortable with ideological absolutes. I donít like to say it but Iím very black/white (even one of my LSI exís said my black/white thinking can be hard for him to deal with). I donít give a fuck about the ďgrey area.Ē Exceptions donít invalidate the rule. Iíll gladly update information if it makes logical sense, but if it donít, I donít give a fuck.
    Yeah. For me, I think that if I over complicate things or I try to think about them too much, it pisses me off. Either I do it, or I donít. Yeah. If Iím not connected, itís out the window. Forget it. I used to get in trouble for that, but itís how I function. Too bad. Like, other people function different and they donít get in trouble for it because itís ďmore acceptableĒ but why should I if itís how my brain is hard wired?

    Iíve been told that ďmaking connectionsĒ is Socionics Ti, but that would depend on the quality of the connections and if they are logical connections or not, right? I was in this group with like a bunch of Ti base/Ti creative typists and I think my thinking really annoyed them, because they stuck to the system too closely and didnít give it much leeway.

    My issue with Ti is if people stick to it too rigidly. I donít care if people use it. I have no problem with that, but itís when they refuse to update information and are stubborn about it. Iím always updating information in my mind about the world around me and about the things I like.

    I think that if people refuse to adapt to a point, they deserve to be left behind. Everythingís constantly evolving and changing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #48
    I don't play, I slay. Lolita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Near Whole Foods
    TIM
    SEE-Nô WPELô 863
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ti is basically common sense that’s been derived from logical consistency. Of course your mentality would piss off Ti egos. That’s the main thing that pisses me off when dealing with Ti PoLR is they’re stubborn and don’t want to hear about the reasons for why something is the way it is. Just because circumstances change doesn’t mean that logic changes either. There’s still irrefutable framework that has to be enforced otherwise we just go back to living in caves. Logic isn’t something that should be carelessly thrown around or altered. If you have no structure, you have no framework to refer to, nothing to enforce, nothing to live by. All you have is unfiltered, arbitrary emotions which changes on a whim. That’s disastrous and unstable. If you don’t play by the rules, you don’t get the protection of the rules neither. “Oh you don’t like it, well fuck your feelings.” That’s a Beta ST sentiment. Just because you want to be the exception to the rule don’t mean you can destroy the rule. Ti PoLR make the mistake that they live above or outside of the laws. Reality check: no one does.

  9. #49
    Haikus SGF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    ┌П┐(ಠ_ಠ)
    TIM
    LSI-H™
    Posts
    2,169
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  10. #50

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Posts
    441
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Maybe, maybe not inspired from the IEI-Fe thread.
    It would be really cool if you could do it with subtypes too.


    There's an SLE I've known (not on a personal basis) for many years, and I used to faintly admire her, but for some reason I simply never thought about her type and realized she's an SLE before recently. I've been told she's somewhat interested in me. apparently I am "socially interesting" because when she talks with me it's engaging and I actually have a personality, whatever that means for her. when i heard that I was surprised because the one time we did talk more personally I thought she was bored out of her mind. apparently she doesn't know how to approach me. neither of us know how to bridge the gap I guess.
    I'm going to maybe ask my ILE friend who's close with her if she can organize something with the 3 of us this summer. I keep forgetting to do it though.. or procrastinating.

    Anyway, my one experience with duality was all the way back in middle school when I was best friends with an SLE. One day her mom brought her to my house and my mom told us "play" and that was that. now that I'm older it's a bit more complicated, lol.
    Although at the time I complained to my diary she was selfish and spoiled (never "mean", hm) and at the time my mom commented that she was always very possessive of me, once I moved away I always missed her very much. Now, I complain that I have nobody who actually forces me to do stupid stuff with them anymore. I bet she loved that I'd always play whatever random game she thought of. Seriously, it was just, Her: hey, we're doing this Me: ok. I've never been as physically fit again as I was when I was friends with her.
    Paraphrase from my diary: "she told me I'm a really good friend, but I don't understand why she thinks that because I'm so boring." I think she just liked having a companion with whom there was no drama. After I left her mom said that she had trouble fitting in with the other girls who just wanted to talk and gossip. She was always just vibrating to go do something. Sidenote, definitely a pronounced Se-subtype (going by memory). Ah, I'm being sentimental and missing her again.


    Back to the subject. my hypothesis is that I confuse EIE with SLE (again, we're talking from at a distance, because do I actually go up to people and talk to them, particularly if they're extroverted and confident? of course not.)

    Yahhh so how do you spot an SLE? Particularly male because I may or may not want to kidnap one for myself (jk I'll just stay in my cave until the end of time)
    In all seriousness, I'm mostly asking just for food for thought because I'm mostly stuck at home right now anyways. and have only been socializing like once a week (sometimes twice!!!) with the same 7 people.



    PS I put the glasses post icon because it's supposed to be the Super-Glasses That See People's Type
    lol your post is so relatable, I thought back to my childhood/teenager years with IEI friends and to the IEI boyfriend I had

    I've also been called "a bit selfish but I like that in you", I've also been told I don't seem to have any meanness in me 99% of the time.

    Yes I sometimes would just click with the IEIs in the right moment and then sometimes would just not know how to approach them, yeah, not sure what that depends on lol.

    Lol alot of the rest of your post is really so relatable too, this was a good read & memories lol

  11. #51

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Posts
    441
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnatchYourWeave View Post
    Yup. SLE are normal, regular people. I don’t like to admit it, but SLEs are black/white thinkers. There’s some slight room for accommodating new/updated information but ultimately there isn’t shifting going on cuz... there’s no reason to. The stereotypical redneck southern gun toting dude is (sadly) SLE. I’ve met my male counterpart as criminal prosecution attorneys while I was interning. Pretty sure the guy who helped retrieve my iPhone when I got attacked and mugged was also SLE. Very forceful and he showed up in court to testify for me. He told me he was so livid that such a lowlife scum attacked a girl. He felt like I was a strong person and asked how I was holding up, asked me if I was going to the gym (we went to the same gym). I had PTSD as a result and got a bunch of drugs after that. Ahhhhh... life an SLE isn’t all thrills
    lol idk if it's me being female but I'd like to think that I'm more intelligent with more discernment than a redneck lol

    But you're right about the black and white thinking when that's needed for taking action, people don't realise it's absolutely necessary

    And yeah, slight room for the accommodation of the new/updated information, I liked your way of putting it but again I'd like to think of myself as being able to take in the new info whenever needed lol



    Quote Originally Posted by SnatchYourWeave View Post
    Creative function changes, either contracting or expanding in reference to their lead function. Creative Fi to Se base is visceral and comes off almost like barebones straightforward. You do what you feel that resonates closely to you at the moment. If it doesn’t resonate with you, why would you give a fuck about that?
    Creative Ti to Se base is harder to pinpoint because the very nature of Ti is abstract as in logical abstraction. You cannot teach someone how to Ti. The logical connections that Ti makes isn’t visible so SLE tend to come off black/white because they’re more comfortable with ideological absolutes. I don’t like to say it but I’m very black/white (even one of my LSI ex’s said my black/white thinking can be hard for him to deal with). I don’t give a fuck about the “grey area.” Exceptions don’t invalidate the rule. I’ll gladly update information if it makes logical sense, but if it don’t, I don’t give a fuck.
    xLE are actually supposed to be good at explaining in an explicit manner and supposedly they like to explain for hours...

    Your last sentences are refreshing after me having had to deal with some people who insist too much on the grey crap, lol.



    Quote Originally Posted by seare825 View Post
    How do you differentiate Te commands and Se commands? I've noticed that I've been able to find extroverted STs very easily, but I can't differentiate between an Se command or a Te command - I know both are fairly forceful, both tend to be fairly possessive, and there's very much a clear cut response by their respective duals (EIIs ignore instructions and do what they want anyways when commanded, and IEIs tend to slip into an advisory role and subtly guide SLEs to what they want in the end), but it's hard to decide whether the command I'm being given is an Se thing or a Te thing? Also, how do you generally differentiate between those quasi identicals and SEEs?
    Really don't try to figure out if it is Se or Te... you need to know without Socionics whether you are okay with the "command", lol

    There's nothing mystical about any of this.

  12. #52
    chocolatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    TIM
    IEI 417
    Posts
    511
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @grumpyvic81 glad u enjoyed =)

    SLEs explain things perfectly for me lol.

    For example, towards the beginning of the pandemic, I complained that my face mask was too big and had holes on the sides, and that shouldn't they be airtight?? (in my mind, shouldn't all spots be perfectly sealed, since air is wiggly. but then everyone seems to ignore it since everyone has holes so why am i the only one thinking about that.. but that ignores the fact that the mask itself doesn't block everything anyway..)
    Then, in a single sentence, SLE casually says-- not even viewing it as an explanation but just was an offhand comment before continuing onto something else-- "well the point is that it blocks most of what's coming directly in front of you" (i forget what she said exactly.. prob more clear than that) I was distinctly hit like, Oh. and then a smaller oh, when i realized i had been annoyed to begin with about this little thing that didn't seem to line up. and i think a little light shined from above.

  13. #53

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Posts
    441
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    @grumpyvic81 glad u enjoyed =)

    SLEs explain things perfectly for me lol.

    For example, towards the beginning of the pandemic, I complained that my face mask was too big and had holes on the sides, and that shouldn't they be airtight?? (in my mind, shouldn't all spots be perfectly sealed, since air is wiggly. but then everyone seems to ignore it since everyone has holes so why am i the only one thinking about that.. but that ignores the fact that the mask itself doesn't block everything anyway..)
    Then, in a single sentence, SLE casually says-- not even viewing it as an explanation but just was an offhand comment before continuing onto something else-- "well the point is that it blocks most of what's coming directly in front of you" (i forget what she said exactly.. prob more clear than that) I was distinctly hit like, Oh. and then a smaller oh, when i realized i had been annoyed to begin with about this little thing that didn't seem to line up. and i think a little light shined from above.
    Interesting anecdote lol. It sounds like you really need spatial infos.

    Yeah the cloth masks are just to help with avoiding people sneezing/coughing directly on you/preventing you from doing that to others. The smaller aerosol shit they don't block out, and in the most quoted scientific studies they always used masks that do block those too, but the generic cloth masks are still good at least for that.

  14. #54
    chocolatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    TIM
    IEI 417
    Posts
    511
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    Interesting anecdote lol. It sounds like you really need spatial infos.

    Yeah the cloth masks are just to help with avoiding people sneezing/coughing directly on you/preventing you from doing that to others. The smaller aerosol shit they don't block out, and in the most quoted scientific studies they always used masks that do block those too, but the generic cloth masks are still good at least for that.
    Spatial infos?

  15. #55

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Posts
    441
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Spatial infos?
    Spatial information (supposed to be Se stuff, lol)

  16. #56
    chocolatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    TIM
    IEI 417
    Posts
    511
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    Spatial information (supposed to be Se stuff, lol)
    Oh. well, Yes multiplied by 5 and cubed. I'm not especially clumsy though cause i'm very aware of my body, hehe.
    i was surprised how you gleaned that from my post.

  17. #57
    I don't play, I slay. Lolita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Near Whole Foods
    TIM
    SEE-Nô WPELô 863
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    That video of him shows Se lead more clearly. He’s telling them that they train fighting for years (Se lead) and should competitively fight. It doesn’t matter what area they fight in as long as they compete (Te demo sees the end goal). “If you can’t make it to training 8am, go to 9am, 9:30am.” That’s flexible, creative Ti saying that you have to keep up the discipline by training consistently but you don’t have to be so regimented that it’s always the same time.

    I saw a giant billboard of him in Vegas for his upcoming fight against Gaethje. For sure that’s to be an awesome show!

  18. #58
    I don't play, I slay. Lolita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Near Whole Foods
    TIM
    SEE-Nô WPELô 863
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How to spot an SLE

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    lol idk if it's me being female but I'd like to think that I'm more intelligent with more discernment than a redneck lol
    Iím female, too. Lol you thought I was a dude? I separate myself away from rednecks but if it boils down to core values and views, I tend to agree with them as opposed to city folks (although I quietly agree because I donít want attention drawn on me). Besides, in the pool of rednecks, itís mostly Si types. The gun toting aggressive nationalist rednecks are the Se types.

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    But you're right about the black and white thinking when that's needed for taking action, people don't realise it's absolutely necessary
    Mos def. Thatís because quick decision is based on efficient assortment of information. Shoot first, ask later (maybe).

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    And yeah, slight room for the accommodation of the new/updated information, I liked your way of putting it but again I'd like to think of myself as being able to take in the new info whenever needed lol
    Resourcefulness, Ti in service of Se.

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    xLE are actually supposed to be good at explaining in an explicit manner and supposedly they like to explain for hours...

    Your last sentences are refreshing after me having had to deal with some people who insist too much on the grey area crap.
    Yes, but for different reasons. ILE like to explain because itís their way of piecing information together due to Ne perceiving info. like pieces of a puzzle with the goal to inform others for the sake of discussion/bouncing ideas around. Whereas, SLE explain things to inform others but do it in a definite, forceful manner in order to establish their Se dominance and make quick decisions. Se wants to cut the crap and get down to what is, whereas Ne is concerned with what could be. Both long-winded because of Ti creative.

    Yeah, I hate grey area shit, uninteresting and waste of time. Dealing with the known is always better than unknown.
    Last edited by Lolita; 10-10-2020 at 12:27 AM.

  19. #59

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Posts
    441
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnatchYourWeave View Post
    Iím female, too. Lol you thought I was a dude? I separate myself away from rednecks but if it boils down to core values and views, I tend to agree with them as opposed to city folks (although I quietly agree because I donít want attention drawn on me). Besides, in the pool of rednecks, itís mostly Si types. The gun toting aggressive nationalist rednecks are the Se types.
    No, no, I figured you were a girl lol, you were referring to rednecks and that's why I mentioned that.


    Yeah, I hate grey area shit, uninteresting and waste of time. Dealing with the known is always better than unknown.
    I'm glad we don't need to be PC here lol

  20. #60
    I don't play, I slay. Lolita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Near Whole Foods
    TIM
    SEE-Nô WPELô 863
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    No, no, I figured you were a girl lol, you were referring to rednecks and that's why I mentioned that.




    I'm glad we don't need to be PC here lol
    Lol probably only gotta be PC around Fi and Ni types.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #61
    Super harmonizing ILI one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Home
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    1,190
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To me they are fairly recognizable. They are charming, carry themselves well and friendly. I don't think SLEs care too much about dressing flamboyantly. They dress in simple clothing. If you get into a new group with them they would be the initiator. They would ask you to hang out with them or something, it's typical for them to be the dominant person socially. But they do it because they want to have fun, not to build one-on-one connection. They would invite people, not one person only. They can be very interested with people. They would be in a solid group, but would talk to everyone, and you'll just be surprised they they have already talked to everyone around you at some point.

    Also based on my experience, if you have time to talk to the person, ask them about their goals in life, or talk about the implication of their actions. SLEs would go into an emotional spiral and would start the philosophical talk with you. Not sure if this applies to SEEs too, I don't think I have ever met an SEE.

  22. #62
    Super harmonizing ILI one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Home
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    1,190
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So yeah, tell tale signs:
    - friendly, talks to everyone
    - socially dominant
    - great poise, carry themselves well, doesn't look like a wimp
    - can carry convo even with strangers, will talk to anyone really as long as the emotional atmosphere is nice
    - will normally gravitate towards forming a group
    - seeks people for the sake of fun, loves parties and merry-making
    - gets weak when you talk Ni at them
    - almost forgot this, they love making sexual jokes

  23. #63
    Yesein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLE observations
    Constipated smile in photos, sometimes looks like peter griffin smile :L, the smile doesn't reach the eyes
    Handsome eyebrows, piercing look to the eyes (similar to ILE physiognomy)
    Usually broad shoulders, big calves, casual branded sports clothes
    Has unexpected bursts of seeming flamboyant (overtly enthusiastic) while talking
    Make things simpler rather than more complex. They are like a full stop •
    Abrupt and jerky movements like a dog. Sometimes their head is tilting around a lot like they have an eye on the back of their head trying to see around
    More talkative in a group, can be silent and not know what to say one on one, unless you carry the conversation or think of questions to ask them
    Asks you a question, you answer, they respond with "Ok" or "Ok, that's fine.", they don't prod eternally with, "You sure?" (like SEE)

  24. #64
    GOAT
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    TIM
    SLE-H
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  25. #65
    LemurianLo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Eagleland
    TIM
    SLI-H 6w5 613 sp/sx
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you cannot spot an SLE in the first 0.2 seconds of being around one then just quit Socionics. It's not for you.
    "Now is the time to get serious about living your ideals. How long can you afford to put off who you really want to be? Your nobler self cannot wait any longer. Put your principles into practice Ė now. Stop the excuses and the procrastination. This is your life! You arenít a child anymore. The sooner you set yourself to your spiritual program, the happier you will be. The longer you wait, the more youíll be vulnerable to mediocrity and feel filled with shame and regret, because you know you are capable of better. From this instant on, vow to stop disappointing yourself. Separate yourself from the mob. Decide to be extraordinary and do what you need to do Ė now." - Epictetus

  26. #66
    idiot sandwich aixelsyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    653
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLEs appear to share a common trait of saying inflammatory sh*t just to get people riled up. Offending the easily offended is a game to them. A competitive streak is also noticeable and they aren't shy about touting their accomplishments or showing off in a rather obvious way, in general. They remind me of dogs, personally, in their overall vibes.

  27. #67
    Rusal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    TIM
    EIE-H
    Posts
    483
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Based on Se subtype mostly as I lack data on Ti sub and not always applicable of course but here it goes:

    Tallish
    Strong facial features (think Hercules in Disney's film) for both men and women
    Some overlap between SLE and EIE in static images
    They can sprawl when they sit down or lie down.
    Something I've come to call ‘Beta pigmentation’ @Yesein touches upon that perception with the ‘eyebrows’ comment, but it’s also probably about Se and Fe valuing in the eyes that complete the image. (The whole of beta seems to have a pleasant liveliness to their faces in the eyes of other intraquadra memebers. Deltas seem strangely greyish even if they look nice. I suppose to Delta, Betas must look like oversaturated ugly peacocks).
    Sort of domineering in relationships but in the ‘cool’ and social oriented way (at least most of the time). In contrast, ESIs are also agressors but their brand might be perceived as callousness by Betas. And I’ll avoid the gendered expectations so let’s say that two women in a relationship, the SLE women will grope and squeeze with more enthusiasm regardless of which one initiated contact. A bit more bold and if an element of fantasy or playfulness is involved, the SLE will manage to magically land themselves the more dominant role.
    I'd venture that there's a link between some nervous energy in SLE and outward manifestations. It can be jerky movements as mentioned but I've also seen them get sweaty hands when nervous. And I'm not talking just one person.
    Last edited by Rusal; 03-30-2021 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Corrected subtypes
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

  28. #68
    scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On a toilet, right above you
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Posts
    6,599
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    They remind me of dogs, personally, in their overall vibes.
    Throw anything, they will fetch. Sometimes their hormonal overdrive is just too much so remember to castrate them in time.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  29. #69
    Alomoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TIM
    ILI INTp
    Posts
    758
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So people call me robotic, this guy is a machine. Holy heck. Greatest worker ever. Has a tendency to blow up over little stuff, but I know he doesn't take it seriously because socionics says he doesn't. Pattern is extreme anger, which makes me uncomfortable, but he's just stating his frustration, then leaving me alone. Real easy to see. Just be quick about fixing it. Values your ability to run around like a mad man, and will correct you if you are wrong. Does not actually value you running around like a mad man, and does not consider working hard running around like a mad man, because they work orderly as heck. Uses structure to figure out patterns of behavior and uses them to choose action.

    Note, Gulenko probably thinks this is SEE. Fair if it is. IDK.

    My main example is a racist trump supporter. We work well together, but, he's the one person I feel uncomfortable discussing politics with. Probably would go okay, but no. Please god no.

  30. #70
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    10,953
    Mentioned
    1121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    So people call me robotic, this guy is a machine. Holy heck. Greatest worker ever. Has a tendency to blow up over little stuff, but I know he doesn't take it seriously because socionics says he doesn't. Pattern is extreme anger, which makes me uncomfortable, but he's just stating his frustration, then leaving me alone. Real easy to see. Just be quick about fixing it. Values your ability to run around like a mad man, and will correct you if you are wrong. Does not actually value you running around like a mad man, and does not consider working hard running around like a mad man, because they work orderly as heck. Uses structure to figure out patterns of behavior and uses them to choose action.

    Note, Gulenko probably thinks this is SEE. Fair if it is. IDK.

    My main example is a racist trump supporter. We work well together, but, he's the one person I feel uncomfortable discussing politics with. Probably would go okay, but no. Please god no.
    That is interesting, @Alomoes. I think I can see SLEs in your description.

    I know a few SLEs, and the only one whom I know is with a Dual is also a racist Trump supporter. I guess there was a 42% chance of him being that way, if you look only at the statistics of Trump supporters. His IEI GF is also a racist Trump supporter.*

    Actually, I know the politics of another SLE, and he's a complete liberal. So from two data points, we can draw no conclusions.


    *On the other hand, my IEI cousin (who knows this couple) told me that the reason why people will support Trump and Qanon is because they are too stupid to think for themselves.
    Which is just another reason why I love my IEI cousin. She's smart and compassionate, and she's nobody's fool.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-30-2021 at 01:12 PM.

  31. #71
    PunkSailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    ����
    TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do it completely based on if I catch feelings, I know it sounds weird, but I do find SLE understands me.
    I had a boyfriend that I paid everything for, his debt, his car, and all I have to say to that is: that I was one dumb bitch

  32. #72
    edgy princess eiemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    a vacuum
    TIM
    no clue
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tone of voice: In my experience, SLEs are very blunt. They say what they say; they don’t use flowery language.

    Behaviors: I find that SLEs are often involved in physical activity and/or interested in things such as politics, competitions, etc. Not all SLEs are this ambitious commander type that Socionics descriptions just love to paint them as. That kind of description describes a SLE-D.
    unsure socionics type - intj-t - 5w4 sx/sp - 538 - SLOEI
    virgo sun - aquarius rising - scorpio moon




  33. #73

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    SEI bitch
    Posts
    678
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Loud, direct, confident, black and white thinking, all or nothing attitude, impulsive, calm in a crisis, competitive, charming or manipulative. The bad ones have broken moral compasses.

  34. #74
    Moharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    TIM
    ILI? - Ne?
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eiemo View Post
    Tone of voice: In my experience, SLEs are very blunt. They say what they say; they don’t use flowery language.

    Behaviors: I find that SLEs are often involved in physical activity and/or interested in things such as politics, competitions, etc. Not all SLEs are this ambitious commander type that Socionics descriptions just love to paint them as. That kind of description describes a SLE-D.
    I remember Socionics say that EIE is the "leader" of Beta quadra, when SLE is more of a "doer".

  35. #75

    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Um I have had a few dates with different SLEs. Something cute I noticed is that they like to give you a hug at some point on the date. (These are SLEs that I didn’t know before the dates.)
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.

  36. #76
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    10,953
    Mentioned
    1121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Um I have had a few dates with different SLEs. Something cute I noticed is that they like to give you a hug at some point on the date. (These are SLEs that I didn’t know before the dates.)
    Jeez. The first time I took an IEI out on a date to an outside fair, I gave her a hug.

    Is this SLE behavior, or do IEIs just invite hugs?

  37. #77

    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Jeez. The first time I took an IEI out on a date to an outside fair, I gave her a hug.

    Is this SLE behavior, or do IEIs just invite hugs?
    Ha it’s just something I’ve noticed on my dates over the last year- it’s usually at the end of the date. LSI tried to kiss me, I think ILE just waved, SEE kissed me on the cheek, SLE x 2 hugged. Most recent SLE didn’t hug til second meeting but it was a better hug than the others lol
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.

  38. #78
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    10,953
    Mentioned
    1121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Ha it’s just something I’ve noticed on my dates over the last year- it’s usually at the end of the date. LSI tried to kiss me, I think ILE just waved, SEE kissed me on the cheek, SLE x 2 hugged. Most recent SLE didn’t hug til second meeting but it was a better hug than the others lol
    Lol. I did hug her at the end of the date. I have no idea if my hug was "better" or worse that other hugs she's gotten, but she did kiss me then.

    We are, however, now just good friends. Mostly because I know all about being married to a Supervisor, and I wouldn't want that to happen to her. I like her too much.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-10-2021 at 04:39 PM.

  39. #79
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,175
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I’ve always hugged women as the first form of physical contact. It’s satisfyingly close and possessive, with maximal body contact. Especially Ni leads seem to like it. It’s the better the harder you squeeze.

  40. #80
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    10,953
    Mentioned
    1121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I’ve always hugged women as the first form of physical contact. It’s satisfyingly close and possessive, with maximal body contact. Especially Ni leads seem to like it. It’s the better the harder you squeeze.

    Personally, I like to shake hands right away on a first date. It immediately establishes a touch-contact and says "We're on the same page here."

    With COVID, this has been harder. I'm just going to have to go with some other approach to get ESIs to like me. Throwing money, maybe. Or a picture of an ILI crypto machine pasted on my forehead.
    https://imgur.com/a/FtDV0SG, since ESIs immediately go for ILIs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •