Thread: How to spot an SLE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    If you wanna spot an SLE, we're loud, coarse, and blunt as fuck. People have told me that I yell when I talk. However, if you get to know SLE better, they are actually smarter than they actually look. If you argue politics or talk typology with us, we could break thing down, categorize, and organize topics logically via Ti. In fact, someone in one of the Socionics discord told me that I am very low-key intellectual despite acting like a meathead.
    Actually they look and act a lot like Estj in the workplace so it can be hard lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE are pretty easy to spot... Distinctive. I guess maybe an SLE-Ti may appear more LSI-like..

I think Se base is easiest to spot.. But maybe that is because Se is my suggestive, but still, Se exudes the most energy, other than Fe.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    SLE are pretty easy to spot... Distinctive. I guess maybe an SLE-Ti may appear more LSI-like..

I think Se base is easiest to spot.. But maybe that is because Se is my suggestive, but still, Se exudes the most energy, other than Fe.
    I assume SLE-Ti can seem more “intellectual.” To me the more intellectual kind of SLE seems to have a strange almost manic attitude that comes off similarly to Lenin, or Vizzini from The Princess Bride movie. Accentuated role Ne, maybe?

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many SLE Ti I know look depress inside. I can feel it, but can't help. I don't have the positive Ni they need.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I’ve always hugged women as the first form of physical contact. It’s satisfyingly close and possessive, with maximal body contact. Especially Ni leads seem to like it. It’s the better the harder you squeeze.

This rang really true with me. When I'm with an IEI I see them as almost baby-like. They talk to me about their imagination and I find it cute (may be patronizing). They have a soft ethereal quality to them that makes me want to grab them and squeeze them.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is like a stereotypical relationship, I have acted in a similar way.

Last edited by EUDAEMONIUM; 08-14-2021 at 09:10 AM.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGF View Post
    SLE is like a tank.
    It shrugs off opinions like a tank shrugs off bullets.
    You must use NLAW where the plating is thinnest aka on the Fi PolR to crack it wide open.

More like have to display Fe to them - like the man standing in front of the tank at Tiananmen Square. SLE's aren't totally heartless monsters.
    SLE-Ti

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically this...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also this

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jocko Willink is LSE > LSI. You're most likely seeing demo Se. And he isn't Fi PolR.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jocko is a good example of what a near-type looks like. The SLE version of Jocko Willink would be Richard Marcinko

NSFW trigger warning This is a documentary showing live military exercises, violence, torture, etc

Richard Marcinko appears @20min

@20min demo Te criticism
    @26min Fi PolR professional relationships
    @27min Fi PolR ethics
    @28min Se realism over everything
    @35min dismissive of Si comforts & critical of Fi

Low Ni/Fi: He got the job done, his actions were realistic but callous, he antagonized officers, and he did himself no favors in back channel politics

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    Jocko is a good example of what a near-type looks like. The SLE version of Jocko Willink would be Jocko Willink
    fify

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To spot an SLE, just be willing snatch the barbell when it seems like he/she is done lifting

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They usually seem upbeat, chill and intense at the time. If they like you they will try to show you how fun they are to be around. If you ask them for advice they will get very serious all of the sudden.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123