I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to develop Ne?

Since Ne is not related to any specific activity (it is the most "scattered" function, because you can use it for basically any activity), how can one develop it, since it is mostly an unconscious process of generating ideas, connecting fields of knowledge and evaluating the potential energy of objects?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is condensation of stuff. Just freeze and sink in yourself and let images build up. Take your time. ESI's do not get it at all.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    It is condensation of stuff. Just freeze and sink in yourself and let images build up. Take your time. ESI's do not get it at all.
    Could you elaborate?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    Could you elaborate?
    https://varlawend.blogspot.com/2018/...by-victor.html

Ne: If a person holds state I for a long time, then in society he will take the role of an intellectual leader - a generator of ideas. I-type shows increased intellectual activity, strives for new and complex tasks. Idea generator with great difficulty is given standard, routine operations. He gives all his strength to get rid of them, inventing new approaches. A person in state I does not care much about the opinions of people about his proposals and projects. Making a discovery, he satisfies his cognitive curiosity.

Ne: Psychologically, in state I, a person experiences feelings associated with self-absorption — external detachment with strong internal concentration. This state resembles in its psychological effect a dam breakthrough. The first stage of the intuitive process is accompanied by a painful feeling of dissatisfaction: the person does not find a place for himself, carrying the idea. The idea, it would seem, is ripening on its own, but it is necessary to intervene in this slow process, so that the images that are needed come out of the subconscious. Then the intellectual tension abruptly, abruptly gives way to relief and joy - the idea was finally born into the world.

Ne: On the phyical level, state I transforms you into a person of non-standard behavior. The face becomes very expressive: the stiffened, defocused look, the muscles around the eyes are strained, the brows shifted to the nose bridge form vertical folds on the forehead. The body freezes in the position in which you are caught intuitive thought. Movement stops, static is established. This continues until the moment of insight, after which the static is suddenly replaced by violent emotional dynamics. A strong physical stimulator of state I is the feeling of swimming - immersion or weightlessness.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Suspend judgement (reject closure/judgement each time your brain gives you a line of thinking) past the point of discomfort and then let the thing completely go. Next time you randomly remember it, it will have borne fruit

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Suspend judgement past the point of discomfort and then let the thing completely go. Next time you randomly remember it, it will have borne fruit
    I don't know what you mean by "past the point of discomfort"

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know what you mean by "past the point of discomfort"
    Your brain is gonna want to create closure, just resist it. Similar to when you're pushing yourself hard at anything and you just have to not stop doing what youre doing, like running, working out, studying, etc.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Your brain is gonna want to create closure, just resist it. Similar to when you're pushing yourself hard at anything and you just have to not stop doing what youre doing, like running, working out, studying, etc.
    sounds like zen

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hanging out with IEE-Ne.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meditate (it's my go-to answer but no, really).

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?_? idk.. for me its like I think of something, and then "what if" A to Z probabilities pop up and I have to kill them one by one until the best one emerges. Can't control it.. my brain just runs wild with probabilities. I desperately want closure, but newer and newer options grow like mushrooms.. mushrooms I have to check on and see if any are good / better than previous options. My mind is like a dog, constantly chewing on it's current favorite bone. Meditating is a pain in the ass.

Idk if this is Ne. same thing happens during typing. What if..

Sometimes I encounter a future situation and run probable scenarios in my head until i find the most likely one and discard the rest... e_e then seek to warn ppl and prepare myself. 6-ish tendency.

normally with small stuff like how to build a sidewalk or a brick-barbecue, I'm very decisive and commanding in a "we will do this and that and so, because its most cost-effective for the goal".
    Last edited by SGF; 07-21-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since Ne is not related to any specific activity (it is the most "scattered" function, because you can use it for basically any activity), how can one develop it, since it is mostly an unconscious process of generating ideas, connecting fields of knowledge and evaluating the potential energy of objects?
    First of all, this is a wrong understanding of what Ne is. All things mentioned here are those things that are visible on the outside and a consequence of some basic attitudes:

https://mavericksocionics.blogspot.c...hat-is-ne.html

Secondly, Ne can not be developed with purposeful interventions, however, it develops itself when it is being used. If you are truly Gamma, I wouldn't bother trying.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    First of all, this is a wrong understanding of what Ne is. All things mentioned here are those things that are visible on the outside and a consequence of some basic attitudes:

https://mavericksocionics.blogspot.c...hat-is-ne.html

Secondly, Ne can not be developed with purposeful interventions, however, it develops itself when it is being used. If you are truly Gamma, I wouldn't bother trying.
    I don't want to develop Ne though. I just wanted to make sure I didn't value it over Ni. My approach to problems isn't very obvious as some people assume, like dialectical-algorithmic thinking for example.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ne-types naturally perceive things from the top down while Se looks at things from the bottom up; generally, N-types usually see the system first before focusing on any parts (if they ever care to) while it's the reverse for S-types. This is all about perspective, approach and priority because everybody eventually can see the same thing; they just arrive there via different routes. One can generate ideas and connect knowledge from a non-system perspective; it simply requires insight, which isn't limited to N-types. S-types cannot acquire N-input no matter how much they practice; experience and training merely guides them to finding personal workarounds.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from an interpersonal pov, try to think up at least 5 things why someone does a thing instead of automatically assume. always keep an open mind that not everything is how you view it, and that there isn't really a straightforward answer for most things.

its as socrates said (if he's actually even said it), "I know that I know nothing."
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

Write Comparative essays, using a random generator/smth similar to find two distinct pieces of content

Or write a haiku in your head after the clock goes from ':59 to ':00

Or try to find the implications of significantly altering the base of reality: "If the speed of light is actually only 2 miles per hour, what would everyday Earth look like?"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Since Ne is not related to any specific activity
    An example of an activity with high usage of Ne is intuitive-nonverbal VI. Psychology in general is about Ne mostly. You are on psychology forum and where VI is mass used and don't notice what is in front of you about Ne. One of reasons for such blindness can be that Ne is your weak and nonvalued region.

Anything what uses abstract imagination, dreams, fantasies relates to N. When you are using any kind of N, - you develop both of them. In some sense both E/I functions are used always together. Just use N. Though to do this by valued kind is easier.

Ne is about possible. Think about not evident in what you see. Guess, feel, suppose about traits of people and objects around. What they may do and how be used in different situations. Dream about possible objects and situations which do not exist.
    Engineering, fantasy art uses N.
    Last edited by Sol; 07-21-2020 at 04:03 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    an example of an activity with high usage of Ne is intuitive-nonverbal VI
    psychology in general is about Ne mostly

you are on psychology forum and where VI is mass used and don't notice what is in front of you about Ne
    one of reasons for such blindness can be that Ne is your weak and nonvalued region
    Actually, before one can use Ne to VI people, it is necessary to have the right typings first. But I use VI a lot for other purposes other than typing in Socionics. It is actually something I do quite often, but not necessarily something really relevant tbh