Thread: Is it easier to type yourself or other people?

Default Is it easier to type yourself or other people?

What is it like for you? I'm all ears 👂

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally?

This seems like a complicated question.

Some people have better insight than others or various kinds or levels of bias.

I think I was ok at typing myself. I got the dimensions right, at least. I was just trying to be someone I wasn’t because of the place I was at in that time of my life and societal expectations. Once I feel like I got my type right from a more trusted source( what I feel, less biased source) I feel like it was easier to type the people around me.
    Last edited by Aster; 11-30-2022 at 01:22 AM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one is difficult without the other

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think both aren't that much of a problem for me but I always got the same result on online tests so who knows if I would have figured it out on my own if I got different results. Typing others comes naturally to me I think. It's different from typing celebrities and easier as I am a more observant person and the patterns usually open themselves up the more you spend time with someone. You see if they talk a lot, struggle with concrete activities that have to be done on a daily basis, how someone interacts with others and so on. Sometimes you know a type after 5 seconds, sometimes you have to see them for a couple of days
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I think both aren't that much of a problem for me but I always got the same result on online tests so who knows if I would have figured it out on my own if I got different results. Typing others comes naturally to me I think. It's different from typing celebrities and easier as I am a more observant person and the patterns usually open themselves up the more you spend time with someone. You see if they talk a lot, struggle with concrete activities that have to be done on a daily basis, how someone interacts with others and so on. Sometimes you know a type after 5 seconds, sometimes you have to see them for a couple of days
    Well, it's easy to type everyone when anyone who's not you, Gulenko, or Taylor Swift is automatically IEI regardless of what they do or think or who they associate with.

P.S. You're missing psychosophy. Your IEI description is really ELVF, but most people here also aren't ELVF, and not everyone who's ELVF is IEI. There are also many ELFVs who won't relate to parts of your ELVF description, and a decent number of people with high V and low E, though they don't belong to one type in particular. I think we have like one or two FVLEs, at least one VLFE, a small handful of VELFs (probably the most-common high-V on this site last I checked, but if they're young they might be mistyped,) and at least one VFEL or VFLE. Seemingly no one here has both low V and low L, however. I also don't see FL or LF types often at all even though there are plenty of people in real life I know who fit that description. Unsurprisingly, beyond "I want to socialize" and "I want to understand people," "I want to control people/situations" also seems to be a common motivation for joining a typology site.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more detail I have of someone, the easier for me to definitively categorise them (whether that's socionics type or something else).

So I'd have access to the most detail when it comes to myself. The problem is though, I can't see myself from the outside like I can other people.

So that's why I'm interested in other people's input when it comes to that.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A type is a bit harder question than just knowing your qualities. Maybe it is easier for someone.. Can you ever trust yourself truly ever?

So there exists plenty of similar sources to this one https://socioniks.net/en/article/?id=205 (Talanov, Aushra)

I would say following this makes typing easier regardless of knowing anything about the system. You just have to study examples.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither this nor this

I don't take typing other people seriously, I rarely do it tbh

For me, the situation is a bit complicated for several reasons , but now it's easier, now I know what functions I value and which I don't, so finding my type is just a step or two away.

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self-typing shouldn’t be that difficult. If you can make sense of your behaviors and motivations throughout a long period of time, it should be easy to figure out. For example, I have always valued Fe but got regularly punished/abused for it so I would try to bottle everything up. It always backfired and then repelled people even more. The more I embrace Fe, the more peace I felt and the more people generally like me. Trying to be anything else always gave off a “tryhard” energy.

Typing others can be a crapshoot though.
    Last edited by EIE H; 11-30-2022 at 07:14 PM.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i typed by ILE friend and some others very easy. others were harder. it took me years to type myself and now i think my type chagnes between EIE and IEI. but i typed some ppl acurrately ever before typing myself accurately.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    Well, it's easy to type everyone when anyone who's not you, Gulenko, or Taylor Swift is automatically IEI regardless of what they do or think or who they associate with.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's generally easier to find the self than to find others, but occasionally people express themselves so vividly that you can find them immediately, where the journey with your own self may be clunkier
    for this reason it is probably immediately clearer to others who we are, but no one will have the deep chronological knowledge of you better than you

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not considered to be a mutual symbiosis when a person is struggling to type themselves without the help of others.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."