Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Identity vs Benefit for marriage

  1. #1
    Duality is reality. Socionics is not Megatrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Brazil
    TIM
    FeNe :0
    Posts
    307
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Identity vs Benefit for marriage

    Which ITR is potentially better for marriage between the two?

    I know Identity means better communication/understanding --> less misunderstandings, but benefit has the Leading-Activating/Creative-Suggestive interaction, which results in a more complementary relationship.

    Share any experiences if you have

  2. #2
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,596
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have not been in any LTRs with other IEEs, but experience has taught me that they are as unreliable as I am (or used to be). Basically, on a psychological level, you can't really keep any secrets from your identical, at at least such is the case with IEEs.

    I know some IEE women that I know they want something from me in the area of intimacy. The also know that I know. I in turn, know that they know. But this never gets outspoken. We all know the possibility exists, but neither of s is in a positions to make it happen, and even if we were to make it happen, it probably wouldn 't last. We thrive on the possibility.

    as to Benefit relations: again going by experience, I'd probably get along better with with ESIs than ESEs. But even with ESIs, thing would be pretty frustrating.

    And things get a lot worse when you are experienced in Socionics, for nothing ever really surprises you anymore.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

  3. #3
    myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I have not been in any LTRs with other IEEs, but experience has taught me that they are as unreliable as I am (or used to be). Basically, on a psychological level, you can't really keep any secrets from your identical, at at least such is the case with IEEs.

    I know some IEE women that I know they want something from me in the area of intimacy. The also know that I know. I in turn, know that they know. But this never gets outspoken. We all know the possibility exists, but neither of s is in a positions to make it happen, and even if we were to make it happen, it probably wouldn 't last. We thrive on the possibility.

    as to Benefit relations: again going by experience, I'd probably get along better with with ESIs than ESEs. But even with ESIs, thing would be pretty frustrating.

    And things get a lot worse when you are experienced in Socionics, for nothing ever really surprises you anymore.
    You got confused, I assume because of writing in a hurry, LIE and ESE have benefit relations with IEE.

  4. #4
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    8,197
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    You got confused, I assume because of writing in a hurry, LIE and ESE have benefit relations with IEE.
    I have a sister-in-law who is my Benefactor IEE-Ne, and a bookkeeper who is IEE-Fi, and while I like them both, I think I'd work pretty hard to avoid being in a relationship with either of them.

    I also know an Identical LIE female, 36 yo, and I wouldn't mind having a short fling with her, but I can't see long-term there at all.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,966
    Mentioned
    1092 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Identity should be some better. It's harder to find long friends/pals with order IR, while identity or mirror are many.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  6. #6
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,596
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    You got confused, I assume because of writing in a hurry, LIE and ESE have benefit relations with IEE.
    You're right, I vaped too much weed last night.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

  7. #7
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,638
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Identity is pretty good, maybe the best of all itr. Very common.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)


    My Pinterest

  8. #8
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,458
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Identity has about the same mediocre potential as activity partners but is about a third better than benefit; I've seen an IEI-partnership fail miserably because each couldn't metaphorically feed off the other, and I know of one decades-long benefit relationship but they seem live in different parts of the house.

    a.k.a. I/O

  9. #9
    Duality is reality. Socionics is not Megatrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Brazil
    TIM
    FeNe :0
    Posts
    307
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Identity is pretty good, maybe the best of all itr. Very common.
    I agree for friendship. I'm not sure about marriage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •