Thread: Visually type me (Short video inside)

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Visually type me (Short video inside)

Here you have a short video, I would appreciate if you type me based on VI.
    Thanks in advance.

(video deleted)
    Last edited by RBRS; 07-16-2020 at 06:11 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I, N
    random movements - common for P

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure you are ILI
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not ILI. Not at all. You entirely lack the hard-edged assholeism and need-to-warn-people-of-bad-actions that is the core of all ILI's. Instead, you project emotional softness and flexibility and you seem super considerate and accommodating of other's opinions. Fe everywhere.

I'd say EIE. You have EIE eyes. Hypnotic eyes. Also, I get the impression that you use Fe so skillfully and effortlessly that it is almost invisible while still getting you what you want.
    "I am nothing. I am harmless. Just give me a hint about yourself, a way in, and I will have something to grab onto and work with and envelop."

I initially wondered about LII, but you said you aren't good at technology. I also get the impression of Victim, which is swamping your extroversion.

"I am clumsy and impractical and disorganized." Opposite of LSI.

So, yeah, find yourself an LSI and start your life.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-15-2020 at 02:06 PM.

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beta NF

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Not ILI. Not at all. You entirely lack the hard-edged assholeism and need-to-warn-people-of-bad-actions that is the core of all ILI's. Instead, you project emotional softness and flexibility and you seem super considerate and accommodating of other's opinions. Fe everywhere.

I'd say EIE. You have EIE eyes. Hypnotic eyes. Also, I get the impression that you use Fe so skillfully and effortlessly that it is almost invisible while still getting you what you want.
    "I am nothing. I am harmless. Just give me a hint about yourself, a way in, and I will have something to grab onto and work with and envelop."

I initially wondered about LII, but you said you aren't good at technology. I also get the impression of Victim, which is swamping your extroversion.

"I am clumsy and impractical and disorganized." Opposite of LSI.

So, yeah, find yourself an LSI and start your life.

Let me explain a couple of things Adam, because it seems to me that you are not getting what I'm trying here.

First, I have no intention of being ILI, nor of being any other type. I would be quite satisfied with the idea of being EIE. I started with the ILI type because I identified with it and it was the one that came out in most of the tests and that's it, without confirming or denying any other type proposition to myself. I don't know if you have noticed I erased the type in the account, mainly to have more neutral responses.

I did a couple of threads with photos and it didn't seem to work with photos, I reread the EIE descriptions and there are things that fit me quite a bit. In social situations I tend to be silent most of the time and that did not sound like Fe, and that made me disqualify the sociotype in the first thread, which I think I explained in the same video.

To the case, I take into account EIE again, it is quite possible.
    Last edited by RBRS; 07-15-2020 at 02:25 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frddy View Post
    Let me explain a couple of things Adam, because it seems to me that you are not getting what I'm trying here.

First, I have no intention of being ILI, nor of being any other type. I would be quite satisfied with the idea of being EIE. I started with the ILI type because I identified with it and it was the one that came out in most of the tests and that's it, without confirming or denying any other type proposition to myself. I don't know if you have noticed I erased the type in the account, mainly to have more neutral responses.

I did a couple of threads with photos and it didn't seem to work with photos, I reread the EIE descriptions and there are things that fit me quite a bit. In social situations I tend to be silent most of the time and that did not sound like Fe, and that made me disqualify the sociotype in the first thread, which I think I explained in the same video.

To the case, I take into account EIE again, it is quite possible.
    My comment that you are not ILI was directed at the other posters in your thread.

With respect to your comment that you seem to be silent in most social situations, well, I was, too, when I was younger, even though I now seem to be 100% extroverted. I still am quiet in situations where I don't know everyone yet.

EIE and LIE are similar in many ways. You have Fe where I have Te and that changes our motivations, but with each other's Role functions, we can otherwise appear similar enough for me to have attracted two LSI GF's.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EIE, I think. You do not prep up people ILI would.

You are not extremely drowsy more like EIE sadness.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My comment that you are not ILI was directed at the other posters in your thread.

With respect to your comment that you seem to be silent in most social situations, well, I was, too, when I was younger, even though I now seem to be 100% extroverted. I still am quiet in situations where I don't know everyone yet.

EIE and LIE are similar in many ways. You have Fe where I have Te and that changes our motivations, but with each other's Role functions, we can otherwise appear similar enough for me to have attracted two LSI GF's.
    I have a doubt. I am in a situation where I am supposed to socialize, however in most of these situations I have nothing to say or don't know what to do and I end up spending all my time silent, quiet and dry in the corner (add that I am literally with the family from my partner, whom I have known for 7 years, so the stranger's argument does not apply)

Honestly I would like to have an absolute confirmation of the type, because there are many things that do not fit like this that I just commented, among thousands of embarrassing situations and this kind of thing.

Then there is everything I read around here that the EIE are chatty, hysteric, or they send you to do things, among other qualities that are opposite to me and honestly I get a lot of impostor syndrome with this. Anyway, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by RBRS; 07-16-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote goes to EII, possibly even IEE. The latter could be confirmed with a video interview where you interact with the interviewer.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you could be EIE. You seem a bit too pointedly expressive to be ILI.... also your hair is kind of “fruity”. I don’t think it’s impossible however. Otherwise ignoring body language and just based on appearance I could see you as gamma NT. Highly doubt IEI.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFx - I would lean towards EIE.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not ILI. Not at all. You entirely lack the hard-edged assholeism and need-to-warn-people-of-bad-actions that is the core of all ILI's. Instead, you project emotional softness and flexibility and you seem super considerate and accommodating of other's opinions.
    "hard-edged assholeism and need-to-warn-people-of-bad-actions that is the core of all ILI's"

I think I understand what you mean but can you explain a little more @Adam Strange

"I am clumsy and impractical and disorganized." - This fits me too lol

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkBlue View Post
    "hard-edged assholeism and need-to-warn-people-of-bad-actions that is the core of all ILI's"

I think I understand what you mean but can you explain a little more @Adam Strange

"I am clumsy and impractical and disorganized." - This fits me too lol
    I need to stop drunk-posting.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it seems it is most likely that I am EIE, but a few things do not fit, I think I am going to list what things fit and what things do not, what things fit halfway, and see if from that I can reach a conclusion with help from members of the forum with a greater knowledge of the theory and socially experienced (Because perhaps my inability to specify types is due to myself not having friends or not being someone sociable up to this point in my life).

I'm going to start with what fits:

-EIEs often hold strong views about governance and social custom.

It fits. I am a very ideological person, and ever since I have the use of reason I have been involved in questions concerning the ideology to which I have adhered. I have radically changed ideology over time, but those ideologies to which I have adhered and adhere could be classified as extremists.

-EIEs have a keen sense of the significance of the moment, life's flow of events, and the past and future evolution of things. The excitement they stimulate generally has to do with insensitive things that can only be perceived over time, rather than with experiences that are captured in a specific moment. They enjoy having objects around them that provide a connection to the past, such as ancient trinkets or souvenirs, old-fashioned things, and items from another time and place. They like to be aware of and talk about their place in history, as the EIE's concept of humanity itself is largely perceived through the sensation of trends over time. As a result, they like to imagine scenarios of different ways a situation can unfold with their imagination; such actions give them a sense of security about what is to come. They tend to believe that people, regardless of long-term psychological mistreatment, can improve their lives to some extent. EIEs reject the idea that life is just a sequence of ho-hum everyday events with no particular meaning. They want everything to have a grand or symbolic purpose that arouses the imagination and passions. For that matter, EIEs seek to define their unique purpose in life, and orient goals around the meaning they infer from their experiences across time. They constantly seek to improve the negative conditions surrounding them, and so tend to look for problems even when it isn't necessary.

- EIEs are prone to making errors in daily routine. This can include having little or no idea of ​​where they put an object, allowing neglected responsibilities to pile up, or failing to remember important tasks given to them; excessive procrastination is common in EIEs. The EIE has little respect for people who seem to be too concerned with their health and comfort and who avoid straining themselves. The EIE feels that people who focus too much on caring for themselves will have no time to achieve anything worthwhile.
    The EIE will feel empty and restless if he is in a situation where he is expected to just chill out and have a good time; he would feel that this undermines his devotion to realizing his abstract visions. He can only enjoy visceral contact with reality if it is accompanied by an active will to initiate such contact, to intentionally engage it. EIEs frequently reflect on experiences with others, both positive and negative, and are always bracing themselves for future problems (which mostly involve other people). This extensive planning of the future cause EIEs to often feel restless as they want to implement their goals quickly. In situations where they are forced to remain patient and idle, EIEs can dwell in their stress and neglect real problems.

-EIEs are happy to let someone else organize their schedule and keep track of their engagements and things to do.

-EIEs struggle with focus and willpower and have a need for something or someone that will focus them consistently and prod them to act despite any feelings of apprehension and doubt. EIEs know that they often need to "just do it" and often look for something or someone that will provide the impetus and make them "do it." EIEs are drawn to people who exude determination and resolve. People who are certain of their views and cannot be swayed by external forces are especially attractive. Such people are, in a way, the opposite of themselves. EIEs can be brash and harshly critical during fits of passion, and they appreciate people who are not fazed by their ravings, but calmly stand their ground. If such people are at times angry and forceful with them, they take this as a sign that the person cares enough to be emotionally involved in their lives. In conversation, EIEs have a tendency to impose their opinions on others in a forceful way, especially when challenged by a point of view that conflicts with theirs. They dislike giving in to others when they strongly believe in their own way of doing things, and can act smug and arrogant towards people who openly criticize their viewpoints.

-EIEs generally refuse to conform to standards of what is acceptable and nice to say. Instead, they try to express themselves spontaneously — sometimes harshly, sometimes sweetly or kindly — not because that is what other people expect of them, but because that is what they actually feel at the moment. EIEs are usually hesitant about deciding how somebody internally feels about them if they aren't receiving expression from the person. If contact dwindles between themselves and another, EIEs frequently doubt that their relation is positive; if the person matters enough to them, EIEs can become overly consumed in trying to "solve the problem", and as a result tend to be quite overbearing.

-When experiencing deep stress resulting from a conflict, however, they become very doubtful about forecasting the likely unfolding of the conflict and start to use this function to imagine how events could happen. If resolution to the problem seems unlikely, or if nothing is being done to turn things around, EIEs turn to dark thoughts about what is likely to happen and become absorbed by the conflict (even if these negative thoughts are not very rational).

All of this fits me to a capital T.

Now, let´s talk about what doesn't fit:

-EIEs are naturally animate and passionate and are skilled at generating liveliness and excitement. They believe that people need to be emotionally involved in life, not distant or indifferent to the important things that are happening.

Doesn't fit. I am completely oblivious to the atmosphere and emotions of a group of people, and it is completely impossible for me to predict what kind of things can make someone feel better or worse, or how to make another person have a good impression of me. I say things that are out of place constantly and I feel completely lost and vulnerable in social situations, and when I interact with other people many insecurities invade me that can stay in my mind for a long time.

- EIE´s beliefs stem from the interests of their close emotional relationships

Pretty much the opposite. My beliefs clash with almost everyone I know, and that doesn´t affect me or urges me to change my beliefs. I have always had a contrarian tendency.

- They tend to try to continually broaden these groups and engage people who seem to be on the sidelines. The individuals who the EIE is spending time with are far more important to the EIE than the event that is actually taking place.

In my life have I almost have had no friends to go out with. The only time I had them, I was much younger and there were four people, (I think one of these guys was Se lead, and I think I could consider him as the deepest friend I've ever had). In any case, as soon as I met my girlfriend (six and a half years ago) I began to neglect them completely until I was alone with my girlfriend, and I think I do not regret having done so.

- EIEs like to make their friends laugh, and employ an over-the-top style of humor.

I have a very bad sense of humor, and find it impossible to make most people laught. I have always wanted to be funny, but I can't.

- EIEs are one of the most insightful types about the minds and inner workings of people

Not at all. One of the things that have caused me the most problems in life is not being able to see the intentions of others, not seeing what they are like internally, and not being able to know what their motivations are and the meaning behind their actions.

I have read that EIEs tend to be flamboyant and outgoing in groups, while in one-to-one communication they are quiet and closed. My case is the opposite.

Another important point is related to Reinin, and that is that the EIEs are asking and I am clearly declaring. The times I speak to someone I do it in monologues, I have been told many times that I should give more space for others to intervene in what I am talking about and not use constant monologues, and also that I speak in quite complex and sometimes specific language and about niche things to people who are not at all interested in topic of conversation.

Maybe these things are related to something outside the socionics, but it is that gives me quite an impostor syndrome to qualify myself as EIE taking this into account.

And sorry for the grammar errors, I'm using google translate to write faster.
    Last edited by RBRS; 07-22-2020 at 12:32 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange When I drunk: That's What I Do I Drink and I Know Things
    Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Psshhh, I mean I kinda understand too but I don't think this is something that fits all ILIs, or that it is necessary to be [those traits] to be an ILI. I actually think ILIs can think for themselves, at least by descriptions - and those 'edge-ism' is either immature or simply #toolowforanILI. But I may be wrong, as I'm probably not an ILI (but who knows).

Also, ILIs just warn people of various things (and then also help them to see various things), but this is their core nature, so I would guess they usually don't see it as 'something special' or 'something to note'. This is just there (and very real and strong), as other dominant functions can be.

(also, OP is not an ILI)
    This was much better, I believe