Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: <_< what do you guys think this is?

  1. #1
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Álfheimr
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default <_< what do you guys think this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Hmm, it takes looking at their face, hearing the voice and a short interaction for me (I usually get a strong gut feeling either way). By that point I already know if me and the other person are going to get along long term or not or what it would take on my end to make it work. Face to face is easy, because I'm highly observant. I have an instinct for this or natural ability. I'd even assert that its very difficult to lie to me, because I'll pick up on it through the other person's tone of voice, micro expressions combined with the verbal content I'm receiving. Like a spidey sense of "the signals don't fit / this is genuine / not genuine". Sometimes ppl are so bad at faking things its cringe.

    Usually ppl on the spectrum are confusing to read, because they give off confusing signals. I can instantly spot if you are gay or have some unusual mental thing going on. (the alarm bells will go off, this stuff is very obvious to me even if the person is hiding it well)

    Since I pick up on all of this, it becomes easy to make slight alterations to my exterior persona (minute modifications needed stuff I must say or avoid and so on) to get along with different people without having to really & truly fake it. I can for example win the trust of even the most difficult people e_e because figuring out who they are and what they want is easy.

    I guess this and my rather firm / strong subjective moral sense backed by solid logic is why I'm doubting ILE, as the type is Fi PolR after all and I'm always aware of when I'm offending quite intentionally I might add to shock ppl & push boundaries, to instigate debate & keep things moving. I could just play it safe I guess, but that's boring. Even my subconscious emote usage is geared towards making me affable.

    <.< this stuff can get rather overwhelming if I'm in a larger group of unknown ppl and I have to keep track of many ppl this way.. mainly because I can't turn it off. To a certain degree this works even through texting.

    EDIT: as a guy I never had any relationships problems beyond just risking asking a girl out, I guess based on the above its obvious why.
    hmm I kept expanding this based on my observations of the process... which is mostly on autopilot (I can't even turn this shit off). Is it somehow related to Fe, Fi or both? seems like something significant.
    ILI-Ni - - Melancholic|Choleric - 6w5-4-8 Sp/Sx - MBTI INTJ
    Oldham's Vigilant Type
    Life today is devoid of any higher meaning or purpose -- you only exist as a GDP producer slave.


  2. #2
    I'm a peach and you're a plum thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,146
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah dude, I don't know if I think you're ILE. It's hard to say really though. Have you talked to anyone you know in person about potential typings?

  3. #3
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Álfheimr
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    Yeah dude, I don't know if I think you're ILE. It's hard to say really though. Have you talked to anyone you know in person about potential typings?
    Nope. I don't have anyone offline who would be interested in this. I could try with my brother, but he isn't interested in typology or psychology in general.
    ILI-Ni - - Melancholic|Choleric - 6w5-4-8 Sp/Sx - MBTI INTJ
    Oldham's Vigilant Type
    Life today is devoid of any higher meaning or purpose -- you only exist as a GDP producer slave.


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    hmm I kept expanding this based on my observations of the process... which is mostly on autopilot (I can't even turn this shit off). Is it somehow related to Fe, Fi or both? seems like something significant.
    what? I was thinking about making a thread on this also, I think I’m an IEE or EIE and this is exactly me I thought it had to do with Ne. I can pick up on anything so instant I can tell if this guy,girl likes this person,if they have something going on behind the scenes I can tell this so fast just by looking at someone’s body language,eyes just by first interaction definitely a crazy thing

  5. #5
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Álfheimr
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister12 View Post
    what? I was thinking about making a thread on this also, I think I’m an IEE or EIE and this is exactly me I thought it had to do with Ne. I can pick up on anything so instant I can tell if this guy,girl likes this person,if they have something going on behind the scenes I can tell this so fast just by looking at someone’s body language,eyes just by first interaction definitely a crazy thing
    someone relates! So I'm not alone with this! I'm sure I'm irrational (EP or IP) in terms of dichotomies (its the one thing I'm certain of haha)

    EDIT: I don't think I can use Fe like an IEE or EIE would. I'm too socially introverted for that. Used to have social anxiety even in my early 20s. When that cleared up tho, I never really became social tbh
    ILI-Ni - - Melancholic|Choleric - 6w5-4-8 Sp/Sx - MBTI INTJ
    Oldham's Vigilant Type
    Life today is devoid of any higher meaning or purpose -- you only exist as a GDP producer slave.


  6. #6
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,467
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have never seen seen so erratically open e6 manifestation online "I'm gonna cover my ass no matter what". I don't understand this standpoint but oh well.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  7. #7
    fypm ropan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILE, as the type is Fi PolR after all and I'm always aware of when I'm offending quite intentionally I might add to shock ppl & push boundaries, to instigate debate & keep things moving.
    that’s quite literally how fi polr would present itself, with an ile twist. i don’t think i need to explain this to you—as you might already be aware, but the 4th function is ‘painful’ bc of inability to meet societies standards and being overly aware of this. for xle this is not having ‘good’ ethics/relations, and then compensating by having total disregard for it and being purposefully offensive. i wouldn’t doubt your typing based on being conscious of that.

  8. #8
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,836
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PoLR means more an extreme, hot/cold attitude towards the IE, rather than being unable to use it

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,949
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    The only way to be assured in your type is IR effects with people near. I said this before. You may doubt until you'll do it.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  10. #10
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,467
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have usually thought that Fi PoLR = mindf*cking or shall we say mindraping you.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  11. #11
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Álfheimr
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    why it won't let me send u a PM
    Because I block PMs.
    EDIT: should be good now. Try it.

    Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    I have never seen seen so erratically open e6 manifestation online "I'm gonna cover my ass no matter what". I don't understand this standpoint but oh well.
    explain. I think @onfireee, Julian Assange (), @khcs and me we have something in common, I'll explain below. It roughly correlates with counter-phobic 6 and type 8.

    I have this personality type otherwise outside of socionics, maybe it explains things: Oldham's Vigilant Type


    Quote Originally Posted by ropan View Post
    that’s quite literally how fi polr would present itself, with an ile twist. i don’t think i need to explain this to you—as you might already be aware, but the 4th function is ‘painful’ bc of inability to meet societies standards and being overly aware of this. for xle this is not having ‘good’ ethics/relations, and then compensating by having total disregard for it and being purposefully offensive. i wouldn’t doubt your typing based on being conscious of that.
    So why can I read ppl like this tho? could just be the vigilant style.
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; 07-14-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    ILI-Ni - - Melancholic|Choleric - 6w5-4-8 Sp/Sx - MBTI INTJ
    Oldham's Vigilant Type
    Life today is devoid of any higher meaning or purpose -- you only exist as a GDP producer slave.


  12. #12
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,467
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post

    explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    So why can I read ppl like this tho? could just be the vigilant style.
    If we look at Vigilant vs Adventurous I think we see clear split between 6 and 8.
    http://www.ptypes.com/adventurous.html
    http://www.ptypes.com/vigilant.html

    OK, that vigilante matches more with counter phobic 6 while devoted matches with more ordinary 6.
    http://www.ptypes.com/type-idols.html
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  13. #13
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Álfheimr
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    If we look at Vigilant vs Adventurous I think we see clear split between 6 and 8.
    http://www.ptypes.com/adventurous.html
    http://www.ptypes.com/vigilant.html

    OK, that vigilante matches more with counter phobic 6 while devoted matches with more ordinary 6.
    http://www.ptypes.com/type-idols.html
    From all the styles I only relate to the vigilant tbh. You are idiosyncratic imo. Even the text style and coloring you use in the chat is aimed at making it harder to read what you write :> I thought that was interesting lol. 5w4 maybe.

    I guess the biggest difference between my type 6 style and the description has always been the fact that I don't plan, I'm not the type of person who worries much either, nor do I get stressed out *shrug*. I guess you could say I observe, understand, troubleshoot and mentally prepare, so when the inevitable arrives I already know how to handle it. Ive always had confidence in this, so I usually am chill & its unsurprising when disaster strikes, because I saw it coming a mile away and prepared myself.
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; 07-14-2020 at 11:21 AM.
    ILI-Ni - - Melancholic|Choleric - 6w5-4-8 Sp/Sx - MBTI INTJ
    Oldham's Vigilant Type
    Life today is devoid of any higher meaning or purpose -- you only exist as a GDP producer slave.


  14. #14
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,467
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    From all the styles I only relate to the vigilant tbh. You are idiosyncratic imo. Even the text style and coloring you use in the chat is aimed at making it harder to read what you write :> I thought that was interesting lol. 5w4 maybe.
    Yup, I have amped up my sig just for ya.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  15. #15
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Álfheimr
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    Yup, I have amped up my sig just for ya.
    the video is also perfect. Very interesting.. hahaha.
    ILI-Ni - - Melancholic|Choleric - 6w5-4-8 Sp/Sx - MBTI INTJ
    Oldham's Vigilant Type
    Life today is devoid of any higher meaning or purpose -- you only exist as a GDP producer slave.


  16. #16
    I'm a peach and you're a plum thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,146
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can relate with you on the social anxiety thing, which it appears I don't really have anymore, not in any clinical sense, it was always more specific than generalized anyway. For me it developed quite young, but what I've learned is that, it was never just social anxiety, I just genuinely don't care to be around a majority of people lol. I'm extremely selective and just don't really want to be around people I'm not comfortable with and truly connect with. It's part of why I prefer social stuff online. I'm not saying this has to do with if you're truly and extratim or intratim, but it's something to consider. Where does your mind usually go with all the time you spend with yourself? Ideas? People? Relations? How to change the world? Personal Fantasies? Things you want to create? I think maybe analyzing that could be helpful.

  17. #17
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Álfheimr
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    I can relate with you on the social anxiety thing, which it appears I don't really have anymore, not in any clinical sense, it was always more specific than generalized anyway. For me it developed quite young, but what I've learned is that, it was never just social anxiety, I just genuinely don't care to be around a majority of people lol. I'm extremely selective and just don't really want to be around people I'm not comfortable with and truly connect with. It's part of why I prefer social stuff online. I'm not saying this has to do with if you're truly and extratim or intratim, but it's something to consider. Where does your mind usually go with all the time you spend with yourself? Ideas? People? Relations? How to change the world? Personal Fantasies? Things you want to create? I think maybe analyzing that could be helpful.
    I relate to that, honestly I have only met less than a handful of ppl I'm comfortable enough to call real friends. With them I can relax and be open.. but its not the case with other ppl and I avoid socializing even now that the anxiety is gone. It was never my strong side despite my ability to read ppl like that or maybe because of it. The few relationships I do have are very important to me.

    The underlined mostly. I'm more comfortable with "ruling from the shadows" so to say. Someone else needs to be the front face, someone I can trust.
    ILI-Ni - - Melancholic|Choleric - 6w5-4-8 Sp/Sx - MBTI INTJ
    Oldham's Vigilant Type
    Life today is devoid of any higher meaning or purpose -- you only exist as a GDP producer slave.


  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Me, seeing yet another new shotgun self-typing


  19. #19
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Álfheimr
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Me, seeing yet another new shotgun self-typing

    >just be consistent for my low intuition plz and stop looking for your real type

    >3 NO! <_< I'm a fucking type 6, DOUBT and looking for the perfect fit is hardwired into me. If it doesen;t make sense, I will keep looking & reevaluating. Avert thy eyes LSE.

    Inb4 sbbds crawls out of the woodwork saying the same.

    \o/ I was raised by bats! HAHAHAHA!

    ILI-Ni - - Melancholic|Choleric - 6w5-4-8 Sp/Sx - MBTI INTJ
    Oldham's Vigilant Type
    Life today is devoid of any higher meaning or purpose -- you only exist as a GDP producer slave.


  20. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    >just be consistent for my low intuition plz and stop looking for your real type

    >3 NO! <_< I'm a fucking type 6, DOUBT and looking for the perfect fit is hardwired into me. If it doesen;t make sense, I will keep looking & reevaluating. Avert thy eyes LSE.

    Inb4 sbbds crawls out of the woodwork saying the same.

    \o/ I was raised by bats! HAHAHAHA!

    I doubt your evaluation of my type. What may be true, however, is that you fail at and streamlining. Sum up your research, goddamit, and see the link(s).

    (which includes very poor Fi in conclusion and, for fucks sake, weirder after weirder typing; stay still for a while and try to be 'reasonable' and not so hopeless - at least in my, of course not always correct, eyes)


    (not to stir the pot too much, and I don't want you to hurt ya Fe-HA, pom, but I probably did)

  21. #21
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Álfheimr
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    I doubt your evaluation of my type. What may be true, however, is that you fail at and streamlining. Sum up your research, goddamit, and see the link(s).
    See, I doubt your evaluation of mine as well. I don't know you and you don't know me.

    (which includes very poor Fi in conclusion and, for fucks sake, weirder after weirder typing; stay still for a while and try to be 'reasonable' and not so hopeless - at least in my, of course not always correct, eyes)


    (not to stir the pot too much, and I don't want you to hurt ya Fe-HA, pom, but I probably did)
    maybe if you could put words together into intelligible sentences I would understand what you are trying to say.
    ILI-Ni - - Melancholic|Choleric - 6w5-4-8 Sp/Sx - MBTI INTJ
    Oldham's Vigilant Type
    Life today is devoid of any higher meaning or purpose -- you only exist as a GDP producer slave.


  22. #22
    💐🌷🌹🌻🌼🌸🥀👑🥀🌸🌼🌻🌹🌷💐 Nymphaeales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Sun
    TIM
    EDGy MEMe
    Posts
    632
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    explain plz?


    *sigh* i could be Te demonstrative and thats why I disagree with LIEs sure.
    Quoting you here since I'm assuming this is your new "type me" thread, and I don't want to derail the other thread. (took me a second to find this. I apologize for that).

    From what I've seen of your posts on this forum: Your usage of logic is heavily based off of impressions objective constructs and how you can get them to fit your personal subjective analytical frameworks. You primarily take other people's logic and use them in a very Ti ego "trolly" way. The strategy taking a person's own reasoning and using it against them in an argument, rather than the Te strategy of taking the objective data that is in front of a person and aligning it in a bulletproof way that they can't debate against.

    It's obviously a stereotype that Te egos are walking encyclopedias who must regurgitate what they know and that they're always linking things, but since Te is the creative function of xLIs and see the world through a filter first (Si or Ni), and they use their creative Te to help others afaik. This means that they link others to reliable information, or let them know in the form of friendly advice which is usually largely positive. I have noticed that even Te dominants do this to a certain degree. I have not personally seen you utilize Te in this manner, and have mainly seen you use Te in a more defensive or corrective manner, but I could very well be wrong.

    Some thoughts from a n00b

  23. #23
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Álfheimr
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaeales View Post
    Quoting you here since I'm assuming this is your new "type me" thread, and I don't want to derail the other thread. (took me a second to find this. I apologize for that).
    :"> busted..

    From what I've seen of your posts on this forum: Your usage of logic is heavily based off of impressions objective constructs and how you can get them to fit your personal subjective analytical frameworks. You primarily take other people's logic and use them in a very Ti ego "trolly" way. The strategy taking a person's own reasoning and using it against them in an argument, rather than the Te strategy of taking the objective data that is in front of a person and aligning it in a bulletproof way that they can't debate against.

    It's obviously a stereotype that Te egos are walking encyclopedias who must regurgitate what they know and that they're always linking things, but since Te is the creative function of xLIs and see the world through a filter first (Si or Ni), and they use their creative Te to help others afaik. This means that they link others to reliable information, or let them know in the form of friendly advice which is usually largely positive. I have noticed that even Te dominants do this to a certain degree. I have not personally seen you utilize Te in this manner, and have mainly seen you use Te in a more defensive or corrective manner, but I could very well be wrong.
    Well yeah.. I like mental sparring :/ (arguing for sport)

    I think I did it only one time for thegreenfaerie, she was buying a new car and I amassed a lot of Te data about cars and the automotive industry <.< back when I got my drivers license and had to buy a reliable car.. so I shared what I knew and advised her on what car to buy (think she made a good choice btw)

    Some thoughts from a n00b
    ^^' thx, I appreciate it. lol I wonder if my emoji usage is Fe HA.. ie being friendly/goofy so ppl like me. Could be thats why I had social anxiety, worries about ppl not liking me? hmm.. that would make sense. EDIT: meh, idk.
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; 08-08-2020 at 07:19 PM.
    ILI-Ni - - Melancholic|Choleric - 6w5-4-8 Sp/Sx - MBTI INTJ
    Oldham's Vigilant Type
    Life today is devoid of any higher meaning or purpose -- you only exist as a GDP producer slave.


  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,949
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I wonder if my emoji usage is Fe HA.. ie being friendly/goofy so ppl like me
    That would fit to role function of model A. HA is what significantly activated among people which like you already.

    Anyway, there can be other reasons too. For example: 1) a wish to provoke Fe expressions in others in return. Alike to say a funny story and then mb to get the similar from others ; 2) to show what you like to notice and attract the ones who like the similar ; 3) just do what you like to get a pleasure from the process, as you may to have Fe valued and when you on a resting you express weak functions more.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  25. #25
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Álfheimr
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    That would fit to role function of model A. HA is what significantly activated among people which like you already.

    Anyway, there can be other reasons too. For example: 1) a wish to provoke Fe expressions in others in return. Alike to say a funny story and then mb to get the similar from others ; 2) to show what you like to notice and attract the ones who like the similar ; 3) just do what you like to get a pleasure from the process, as you may to have Fe valued and when you on a resting you express weak functions more.
    I don't really share funny stories, I'm not a good story teller and I'm not good at social interaction in my opinion, but I always seem to make a good impression despite that. I'm not sure why or how.. if I ask friends about this, they usually tell me I'm easy going & funny.
    With strangers or new people I meet I'm business-like and guarded. I become more easy-going and fun only with people I know well and consider friendly.
    I'm not really fond of socializing and prefer to avoid it if I can. Making friends, socializing, meeting new people is something I avoid as it is stressful for me.

    I keep reading that for SLE and ILE acting is a good outlet, but I tried it before and disliked it. I can't seem to act lol, its awkward and faking emotions / acting feels cringe. I'd prefer to completely avoid this kind of activity.

    The social realm is the place I feel least confident in and it always causes me anxiety. I'm very insecure when it comes to this. I would consider it to be my biggest weakness, my flaw, something I'm bad at even if I try to improve.
    ILI-Ni - - Melancholic|Choleric - 6w5-4-8 Sp/Sx - MBTI INTJ
    Oldham's Vigilant Type
    Life today is devoid of any higher meaning or purpose -- you only exist as a GDP producer slave.


  26. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,949
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I keep reading that for SLE and ILE acting is a good outlet, but I tried it before and disliked it.
    Acting is mostly about Fe. For Ti types it's more interesting than for Te. It's weak region, anyway, so to like it or achieve useful needs more - your different predispositions, teacher's skills, time, etc.

    > The social realm is the place I feel least confident in and it always causes me anxiety.

    Significant part of this may relate to F region - informal relations and emotions of people. Also to bad experience of the past with people, mb higher general anxiety and other strong factors.
    The reason why IR are useful to understand own type - they are more stable as factor to notice as you may type several people of the same or similar types to generalize impressions and such to reduce nontypes factors.

    > I'm very insecure when it comes to this. I would consider it to be my biggest weakness, my flaw, something I'm bad at even if I try to improve.

    The more of good close relations with people you'll have, especially with the ones having appropriate traits for you to accept them fuller as persons, - the more open to people and more assured when dealing with them you'll be.
    As this significantly relates to F region and you seems to have T type, so people with F types are more useful for communications to study social skills and their attitudes with people. Among your pals the majority should be of similar technical occupations and hence of T types, which are also easier for you to understand them, though relations of people with similar types are surface. You may get more for yourself in complicated and personally useful relations with F types, especially when you reduce interpersonal borders to exchange by sincere thoughts and emotions, when care about interests and needs of other one, when cooperating as equals for mutual tasks which need efforts.
    Surface relations with people give not much to you as a person. Close friendship may give significant. Ideally a good marriage pair - where people are good friends, not only to make children and to get a help with a household.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaeales View Post
    It's obviously a stereotype that Te egos are walking encyclopedias who must regurgitate what they know and that they're always linking things, but since Te is the creative function of xLIs and see the world through a filter first (Si or Ni), and they use their creative Te to help others afaik. This means that they link others to reliable information, or let them know in the form of friendly advice which is usually largely positive. I have noticed that even Te dominants do this to a certain degree. I have not personally seen you utilize Te in this manner, and have mainly seen you use Te in a more defensive or corrective manner, but I could very well be wrong.

    Some thoughts from a n00b
    Maybe those are only noobish thoughts, but surprisingly this probably fits me to a large degree even when maybe I wouldn't admit it so immediately (for some reason? weird mental block, maybe because admitting this is somehow connected to one of my vulnerable functions or may turn to usage of those, or maybe because it seems so obvious and thus not to be disputed/redundant). So I'm just writing to thanks for that input.

  28. #28
    💐🌷🌹🌻🌼🌸🥀👑🥀🌸🌼🌻🌹🌷💐 Nymphaeales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Sun
    TIM
    EDGy MEMe
    Posts
    632
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Maybe those are only noobish thoughts, but surprisingly this probably fits me to a large degree even when maybe I wouldn't admit it so immediately (for some reason? weird mental block, maybe because admitting this is somehow connected to one of my vulnerable functions or may turn to usage of those, or maybe because it seems so obvious and thus not to be disputed/redundant). So I'm just writing to thanks for that input.
    I'm glad this might have helped someone even if it may not be the most reliable or accurate. Best of luck to you, Duschia

  29. #29
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,467
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmm... maybe knowing the highest mountain in meters means Te. Such an uninteresting thing unless you do not how it can be done. Trollish Te is like giving random numbers on things where people want an answer. I like doing it for the lolz.


    Did you know that half of earth's population lives in the ocean or maybe it was poverty...
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •