I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Experience with j/p dichotomy

How does it look like to interact with someone who doesn't have the same life "rythm"?
    My experience is that they seem distant as if we don't fully understand each others thoughts, and I need some more time to process what they say because it doesn't come naturally to my brain. It seems that I understand j types better, based on a massive amount of observation of other types. Also, I have a friend who is clearly p type and I can sense the conflict in this aspect all the time.

The good thing though is that I feel safer about not revealing my real thoughts about them, because they have greater difficulty in understanding me. This mental disconnect is very attractive for some purposes.

So how do you perceive this j/p difference?
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 07-13-2020 at 09:28 PM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking of my longtime good friend Eii friend. I just adjust myself to her J-ways, as J will make his/her boundaries clear. Same with my ESE ex. P's can be flexible, and in a J/P relations, P is adjusts him/herself. Otherwise J has to spend all his/her time tempering his/her annoyance.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All p-types are input oriented while j-types have output as a priority. Note that priority is distinct from time spent on either input or output. Output oriented means that producing something is more important than gaining information whereas input oriented people pursue skill, information and preparedness more than actual products. Information steers p-types in an ad hoc fashion while concrete achievement and results or lack thereof drive j-type directions. This doesn't imply that p-typed cannot produce or j-types are not interested in information or skills; it refers simply to priorities.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    All p-types are input oriented while j-types have output as a priority. Note that priority is distinct from time spent on either input or output. Output oriented means that producing something is more important than gaining information whereas input oriented people pursue skill, information and preparedness more than actual products. Information steers p-types in an ad hoc fashion while concrete achievement and results or lack thereof drive j-type directions. This doesn't imply that p-typed cannot produce or j-types are not interested in information or skills; it refers simply to priorities.

a.k.a. I/O
    Finally something accurate about rationality/irrationality here, socionics described this dichotomy in a very stupid way