Thread: anyone into licorice?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default anyone into licorice?

i want to order a good strong licorice, i assume some european brand. i got some of the finish salty stuff and it's... haha... maybe i could see it growing on me, but yeah, even the normal fazer salmiakki is like unrelenting lol. i've got a bag of Tyrkisk Peber coming, i've had those before and they're good (does that count as licorice or salty caramel with an amazingly nasty taste bomb in the center <3, idk don't remember but i remember i did end up liking it, a lot.). anyways, my brother was saying how the salmiakki would be good if it wasn't just all the way through SALT, now i want to get just a really good strong plain licorice but idk what's Good.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actuallly, the salmiakki is growing on me, haven't tried the super salmiakki though.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over here in Holland we have licorice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. At any drugstore you could easily get over 30 varieties. In the winter, when people have throat infections, the doctors prescribe salt licorice, which works just as good as off-the-shelf medication and is a lot cheaper and better tasting. In which case I myself prefer the double-salted licorice, which is so salt it will make every single muscle in your body cringe.

I used to consume a lot of licorice when I was younger, nowadays I only do when having throat infections.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just reading through some recent news articles, and found that licorice is #2 on the list of food items Dutch people miss most when they move abroad.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's kinda cool how the taste of the salt licorice changed in my head. the first few were unrelenting salt overpowering the licorice, then it flipped on my tastebuds to where now it tastes like super licorice with some salt tang around it. i'm actually enjoying them now. still haven't gone for the super salt box yet though
    Last edited by bgbg; 07-13-2020 at 07:49 PM.

i'm intrigued. might order some. google says licorice lowers potassium levels. actually not sure if it's licorice that does it as i've read the same thing for salt. maybe you want to eat some dried banana chips.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Salmiakki still has plenty of sugar in most products. Ammonium chloride that is - is usually quite low in many products. Anyway salmiakki ice-cream is quite good as is "Turkin pippuri". Well getting salmiakki ice cream abroad can be bit tricky but you can probably get salmiakki powder and it to ice cream.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blegh View Post
    i want to order a good strong licorice, i assume some european brand. i got some of the finish salty stuff and it's... haha... maybe i could see it growing on me, but yeah, even the normal fazer salmiakki is like unrelenting lol. i've got a bag of Tyrkisk Peber coming, i've had those before and they're good (does that count as licorice or salty caramel with an amazingly nasty taste bomb in the center <3, idk don't remember but i remember i did end up liking it, a lot.). anyways, my brother was saying how the salmiakki would be good if it wasn't just all the way through SALT, now i want to get just a really good strong plain licorice but idk what's Good.
    I dont know why but this post made me laugh hard.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche the Child View Post
    i'm intrigued. might order some. google says licorice lowers potassium levels. actually not sure if it's licorice that does it as i've read the same thing for salt. maybe you want to eat some dried banana chips.
    i got these through amazon for $12 + $20 for expedited shipping lol (but it got here from finland within a few days). the tiger ones are spicy.

then i have a bag of these coming for $11 but didn't pay the three times as much for shipping (Arriving August 5 - August 26, lol). Abbie sent me a couple of these once that someone else sent her, they're tasty. it's like salty outside and a hard salty caramal licorice candy or whatever to suck on, then the inside has powdering feeling flavored center that melts when you get to it and kinda leaks out and fills your mouth like the taste of blood.

Last edited by bgbg; 07-13-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the last time i ate a banana it wrecked me, this heavy feeling in my throat and chest like someone punched me or something and stomach cramps. i'm kinda scared of them now.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, being finnish I love salmiakki. It's the pretty much the only candy I ever eat. The saltier, the better.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got these through amazon for $12 + $20 for expedited shipping lol (but it got here from finland within a few days). the tiger ones are spicy.
    WTF, $12 for four boxes of licorice? I should start my own export business then and make 400% ROI.

here, half a kilo for just €2.19:

https://www.dirk.nl/boodschappen/sna...-gemengd/56088

or here, 400 grams for €1.29:

https://www.dirk.nl/boodschappen/sna...-gemengd/52648

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like alcohol and licorice? Now get best of both worlds:

https://www.ah.nl/producten/product/...t-double-black

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I want to share my favorite mix: put a piece of sweet licorice in your mouth, chew a bit on it to release the flavors, then take a few sips of 7-Up or Sprite!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    WTF, $12 for four boxes of licorice? I should start my own export business then and make 400% ROI.

here, half a kilo for just €2.19:

https://www.dirk.nl/boodschappen/sna...-gemengd/56088

or here, 400 grams for €1.29:

https://www.dirk.nl/boodschappen/sna...-gemengd/52648
    lol yeah, i figured that was way marked up.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've discovered the salt licorice of song performances.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then i have a bag of these coming for $11 but didn't pay the three times as much for shipping (Arriving August 5 - August 26, lol). Abbie sent me a couple of these once that someone else sent her, they're tasty. it's like salty outside and a hard salty caramal licorice candy or whatever to suck on, then the inside has powdering feeling flavored center that melts when you get to it and kinda leaks out and fills your mouth like the taste of blood.
    lol. Why this connection to Finland? Aren't you American? Of all countries. I guess some of the old Finnish forum members were involved? So they have introduced Finnish candy to Abbie? The Lord works in mysterious ways
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    lol. Why this connection to Finland? Aren't you American? Of all countries. I guess some of the old Finnish forum members were involved? So they have introduced Finnish candy to Abbie? The Lord works in mysterious ways
    lol yeah, pretty much.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've discovered the salt licorice of song performances.

If you PM me your address, I'll send you some double salted licorice, which tastes something like this:

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the tiger ones taste like Halls and now i can't untaste it, friendship with tiger salmiakki ended.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I had licorice in my dream last night. Thanks guys. Only it had sugar instead of salt on it

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    I think I had licorice in my dream last night. Thanks guys. Only it had sugar instead of salt on it
    You mean, like these:

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean, like these:

what the heck, mine were sticks lol

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    what the heck, mine were sticks lol
    Sugar coated sticks, how Freudian!

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you like some sugar coated sticks to go with your sprinkle covered chocolate donut hole, Freud?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I actually got the aforementioned candy from Aquagraph's former roommate. So the old Finnish forum members were...sort of involved? BG got some Finnish candy from an American from a forum who got it from a Finn who she met through Facebook because of a mutual friend from that same forum. Which is why he's buying candy online.

The Finn sent me a bag of tyrkish pebber and a bag of grey pantteri chews. I sent some of the former to BG because they'd ship better. I don't like licorice. But I like salmiakki. And I don't think it tastes salty. Also, it's been too long since I had some.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread just made me order 30eur worth of licorice off amazon. Some of these 70010025-Red-Band-Schulkreide.jpg and some of these trimex-tuerkisch-pfeffer-1kg.jpg
    They don't have them in bavaria, but I loved them when I was able to buy them but now I have to order them...
    who, me?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These 'school chalks' are addictive, once you start eating them, you won't be able to stop. Some say its the most popular kind of licorice in Holland nowadays.

Recently they made an ice-cream version of this type of licorice:

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got a few bags of venco coins, nice normal black licorice. so satisfying when you finally get them chewed enough to fold in half in
    in your mouth, heh. anyways, yeah. was a good choice for a "non SALT licorice" although they could have more taste (especially after getting hooked on the fazer salmiakki) but yeah, pretty good.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got a few bags of venco coins, nice normal black licorice. so satisfying when you finally get them chewed enough to fold in half in
    in your mouth, heh. anyways, yeah. was a good choice for a "non SALT licorice" although they could have more taste (especially after getting hooked on the fazer salmiakki) but yeah, pretty good.
    Venco is a sort of mid-quality brand. In the supermarkets you typically can get cheaper 'muntdrop', but with less taste. And then there are the quality brands with richer flavors than Venco, you have to go to the better drugstores for those.

'Muntdrop' is my licorice of choice when I have throat infections. With an occasional double salted in between for added disinfection. The principle of sucking licorice is to keep the blood flow in the throat going, for faster recovery, or so they say.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It tastes like medicine, not the good kind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    What? Not a fan of black licorice? Haha.
    This syndrome is known as hypermineralocorticoidism or occasionally "licorice poisoning." Other symptoms can include weakness and headache, swelling and muscle spasms. Symptoms typically go away once you stop eating licorice.

.. tastes like and literally is poison.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I used to eat licorice when I was a kid, but it wasn’t my favorite candy. I recently bought some to try again, but after eating a few pieces, I said to myself, “There’s something in this stuff that’s bad for me.”

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psych View Post
    https://www.stashtea.com/products/li...bal-tea-bagged

this one doesn’t taste medicinal at all
    I like Stash teas. I might try it and if I don’t like it, I’ll pawn it off to my roommate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk