Thread: Fasting for glory!

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fasting for glory!

I have developed a dadbod since last winter / this COVID year.. thus I decided to water fast / exercise for 7+ days (depends on when I'll get hangry again). Post fast gonna be lifting heavy!

WITNESS ME WEIRDOS!!! Will post here how it goes, maybe be4 & after pics at the end in 7 to 14 days.

Day 1: I'm hungry AF... I could kill for a burger right now. We were on lunch break.. my coworkers all got delicious lunches *drool* and teased me with food.. but my resolve held firm. I will not break!

Masochism this is... maybe..

Last edited by SGF; 07-09-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you choose water fasting +7days instead of intermittent fasting?

You can water fast one day, eat one meal next day and so on.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Why do you choose water fasting +7days instead of intermittent fasting?

You can water fast one day, eat one meal next day and so on.
    Because its more interesting. Plus why try to chisel away at the problem when I have a sledgehammer.
    Also this is a willpower test. I wanna see how much I can take.
    Last edited by SGF; 07-09-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Because its more interesting. Plus why try to chisel away at the problem when I have a sledgehammer.
    Also this is a willpower test. I wanna see how much I can take.
    Because sledgehammer method could ruin things that you want to protect such as muscle mass and your health. We take a lot of things from food that we need and can't produce it on own such as essential fats, vitamins, minerals, fibers. If those were insufficient, body will start to burn the good parts. But if you are doing this mainly because it is more like a test/game to you, try it.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Because sledgehammer method could ruin things that you want to protect such as muscle mass and your health. We take a lot of things from food that we need and can't produce it on own such as essential fats, vitamins, minerals, fibers. If those were insufficient, body will start to burn the good parts. But if you are doing this mainly because it is more like a test/game to you, try it.
    I have enough fat for energy, minerals and vitamins will be replaced I'm not drinking just pure tap water.

I also have to slowly get into exercising to avoid the pain, so its perfect with some light rehab exercises.

In general, it should take you 2–4 days to enter ketosis. However, some people may need a week or longer, with IF you never really enter ketosis unless you change your diet rather drastically.

so is this more about testing your willpower or getting rid of your dadbody? Dadbodies are fine.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche the Child View Post
    so is this more about testing your willpower or getting rid of your dadbody? Dadbodies are fine.
    Both.. also because its interesting. This is preparation ritual / reset for strength training.

...so low energy right now.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your brain starts eating itself for energy at a point during fasting. Your mind is a pretty essential asset.

As for the weight, your tactic might make your body think you are in a famine and hold onto weight more. Just eat more green veg and move more and don't drink sweetened things. That is most of the weight maintenance you might need. Ask your doc. They know shit

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you need protein in order to burn fat?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    Your brain starts eating itself for energy at a point during fasting. Your mind is a pretty essential asset.

As for the weight, your tactic might make your body think you are in a famine and hold onto weight more. Just eat more green veg and move more and don't drink sweetened things. That is most of the weight maintenance you might need. Ask your doc. They know shit
    I normally eat high veg and protein diet, usually very spicy as well. I don't really like sweet stuff tbh. ^^ lel "fasting make yu dum", no U!

High protein diet+ STR training = bigger muscles that need more fuel to sustain = you burn more calories just to keep them. So the bigger you get the more food you need to shove into yourself.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The longest time I’ve water fasted for is 6 days lol. See if you can beat me. RIP in advance!

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Why would you? Actually too much protein ends up being processed as carbohydrate, which in excess is then stored as fat.

It’s more essential to intake fat in order to maintain ketosis.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    The longest time I’ve water fasted for is 6 days lol. See if you can beat me. RIP in advance!
    7 days is the goal. Probably not going to push it too far as fasting basically kills testosterone production.. then slowly start the re-feeding process (next week today) working my way up to eating normally for strength training.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i read 'farting for glory'

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't fast, do resistance training. If you have android fat then you're probably built to gain muscle bulk. I'm cursed with a runner-body, it'd be an uphill battle for me to do the same. The android deposition evolved to quickly send large amounts of energy to systems over long periods of time. It means you have a quick power source that you can't get if you have the star-like metabolism that eats away everything. I got the runner's build, so I was lithe in teen years but then because a useless skeleton later on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree why fast? Doing work outs for like 3 weeks every 4 days or for 1 month will be better, a better test imo for willpower as well you could also try one punch man work out routine lmao.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Day 2: Head ace.. low energy x_x.. didn't want to get out of bed today.. not hungry.. breath smells bad..yuck

Intermittent fasting was pretty amazing when I tried it.

I've never fasted more than 24 hours though I think... it's hard when you have people who care too much about your diet lol.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholie View Post
    Intermittent fasting was pretty amazing when I tried it.

I've never fasted more than 24 hours though I think... it's hard when you have people who care too much about your diet lol.
    I relate to this. Every Si base and creative crawls out of the woodwork trying to feed me..

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DAY3: Mission failed guys! We'll get them next time..

Grill party today with relatives, I was the chef RIP:

Chiken wings.. @sbbds >) who needs a SEI, not me.

Mushrooms with onion and cheese, potatoes, leavened cucumber (idk how to translate this)

Mici (3 types of meat, seasoning an other stuff, kind of a Romanian secret recipe >) )

Last edited by SGF; 07-11-2020 at 05:03 PM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    that looks great. were you sleepy after?

fasting for half a day could ease you into the habit. have a decent breakfast and fast during the day, keeping yourself occupied and hydrated throughout. then take an evening meal. I have been trying to reduce my coffee consumption by a half cup each day after slew of side effects going cold turkey (pain in calves that made it difficult to stand/walk, headache, dark mood)
    Feeling a bit weird, but I have more energy today for sure.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks mostly keto so it’s ok lol @shotgunfingers . Looks good! You can become my SEI if you want lol.

Wtf is leavened cucumber???

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know pickled cucumber but I've never heard about leavened cucumber either.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you want to get rid of a dadbod, extended fasting might not be the best option. If you lose weight, you may end up skinny fat.

Personally, I've only done intermittent fasting, like 18-24 hrs, it cleanses the body and it's not too demanding. I know relatives who have done extended fasting, for specific health problems and it has done wonders for them. But if you just wanna get in shape I'm not sure you wanna do extended fasting.

I think strength training would be better to get rid of a dadbod. I recommend something like Reg Park's beginner 5x5, Stronglifts 5x5, or Arnie's Golden Six. They are all fairly easy if you get the lifts right technique-wise (make sure you know what you are doing here!), they would get you into better shape and are a better test of willpower. You can still do intermittent fasting on your off days or eat a caloric deficit, you will gain some muscle and lose some fat.

That's just my advice though, you do what you want really.

Good luck.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrolyV2 View Post
    you could also try one punch man work out routine lmao.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks mostly keto so it’s ok lol @shotgunfingers . Looks good! You can become my SEI if you want lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    I know pickled cucumber but I've never heard about leavened cucumber either.
    its this: Hungarian Dill Pickles (Kovászos Uborka)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    If you want to get rid of a dadbod, extended fasting might not be the best option. If you lose weight, you may end up skinny fat.

Personally, I've only done intermittent fasting, like 18-24 hrs, it cleanses the body and it's not too demanding. I know relatives who have done extended fasting, for specific health problems and it has done wonders for them. But if you just wanna get in shape I'm not sure you wanna do extended fasting.

I think strength training would be better to get rid of a dadbod. I recommend something like Reg Park's beginner 5x5, Stronglifts 5x5, or Arnie's Golden Six. They are all fairly easy if you get the lifts right technique-wise (make sure you know what you are doing here!), they would get you into better shape and are a better test of willpower. You can still do intermittent fasting on your off days or eat a caloric deficit, you will gain some muscle and lose some fat.

That's just my advice though, you do what you want really.

Good luck.
    I agree, yeah. I already considered this and know the theory. Its just the willpower to apply it indefinitely.
    I'll make a thread once I succeed. Thx tho, I appreciate it. Its good advice.

I don't have much choice in the matter anyway. Its something that has to be done or I'll regret it by next year for sure.
    Last edited by SGF; 07-12-2020 at 12:56 PM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now what

A one day fast that ends in a barbecue. ILE confirmed.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now what

A one day fast that ends in a barbecue. ILE confirmed.
    ITS TRUE! I START THINGS AND DON'T FINISH!

/o\ FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Stupid habit, why won't it go away!?

oh...

3. Force

ILEs are not natural fighters and dislike harsh action that can shut down new possibilities. Rather than take an issue head on, they prefer to divert their attention to the multiple, potential routes around an issue that may be more interesting. However, should ILEs feel that opportunities available to them are being shut down by someone else, or that something of particular interest needs decisive action, they should be able to put up a fight with some determination, provided they can articulate a logical reason for doing so. When in a position of leadership, ILEs will understand that they have to lay down the law for anything interesting to happen, and so will reluctantly impose some authority, rather than allowing things to drift apart. However, the ability to summon their willpower is normally short-lived, dying down when they lose interest as they lack the ability to force themselves to do anything they might find boring. This can mean that ILEs have particular trouble with procrastination, exploring other things and feeling unable to force themselves onto the matter at hand if it does not capture their interest.
    Last edited by SGF; 07-13-2020 at 09:24 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starvation doesn’t capture your interest I guess

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    Are u bulemic
    No

Unless I see ur face after I eat

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a waterfast for 9 days, a few years ago. Like people will tell you, you just gotta make it past day 3 or 4 or so (I think it was day 3, if I remember correctly). After that, it'll get easier.
    Probably best to take it easy, stay at home, sit on the couch watching TV or something like that. It's not good to exert too much energy during a fast like that, I've heard. And of course please be careful when starting eating again. Apparently people have died from doing that process wrong.
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so here is why I actually stopped the fast on top of the grill party: I forgot that fasting slows down the metabolism (starvation mode) and the worst part for a guy is I guess that testosterone lvls drop dramatically.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You gotta cultivate that iron will. No one's gonna do it for you.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    so here is why I actually stopped the fast on top of the grill party: I forgot that fasting slows down the metabolism (starvation mode) and the worst part for a guy is I guess that testosterone lvls drop dramatically.
    Apparently, Nature thinks you shouldn't make kids if you can't feed yourself. You'd think it would be the opposite.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Apparently, Nature thinks you shouldn't make kids if you can't feed yourself. You'd think it would be the opposite.
    Heh, makes sense, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    You gotta cultivate that iron will. No one's gonna do it for you.
    Decided to speed-walk to and back from work daily, that's 5 miles / day and to ditch the car. (estimated burn /day = roughly 600 cal with 4.7 miles/h walking speed)
    Doing calisthenics strength training.. serious DOMS right now. We'll see in 2-6 months. I'll post pics maybe (tracking progress)

I already eat kinda paleo, don't smoke and barely drink, so no change in that department.
    Last edited by SGF; 07-31-2020 at 08:56 AM.