Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 61 of 61

Thread: I hate socionics

  1. #41
    The CEO of Bigotry DivineStrength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Germany 1934
    TIM
    (Ne)-ILE 5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Same, but I later thought I'm LII than ILE, now tending to IEI, but probably ILE, but I don't know and it makes me crazy, it consumes time and is pointless, but I want to know.
    ..
    Anyway FUCK TE FUCK FI AND FUCK GAMMA.

  2. #42
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,702
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DivineStrength View Post
    Same, but I later thought I'm LII than ILE, now tending to IEI, but probably ILE, but I don't know and it makes me crazy, it consumes time and is pointless, but I want to know.
    ..
    Anyway FUCK TE FUCK FI AND FUCK GAMMA.
    Make a video
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)


    My Pinterest

  3. #43
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,768
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nice View Post
    Ahehem.
    But I'm obsessed with it. Whenever someone does something or says something I try to figure out what function they are using. Also applying this to faces, voices etc.
    All for the reason to get my own type. Which I did a test and came out ILI but this is SO important to me to be ILI it's really pathetic.
    When I see a face of a famous person I like I immediately have to check this forum to check their type...
    I just want to CHUCK this whole thing and not think about it anymore. The type interactions are what are really killing me. I wonder if the idea of being ILI is so loved by me that everything revolves around it, seeing everything in that light. I can't even trust my likes/dislikes anymore, thinking it's all about that ILI pretender agenda.
    Anyway FUCK NE FUCK FE AND FUCK ALPHA.
    Yeah, socionics will do that to you.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  4. #44
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,768
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I think Socionics had the original purpose of trying to help people get along. Ironically, places with Socionics have more drama than other places.
    Having been other places, I disagree. Throw a bunch of people and their pet theories (and egos) together, though, and it does become a shitshow.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  5. #45
    𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔬𝔱𝔶𝔭𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔩 𝔢-𝔤𝔬𝔯𝔩 Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Sun
    TIM
    EIE-Ni-N
    Posts
    1,003
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah not much goes on here. It's pretty chill imo. People have disagreements but I don't think this equates to drama.
    devourer of the sun // consumer of the moon
    & you know now,
    that anything alone is
    a haunting

    & any two things
    together is a terror.
    What use are flowers?

  6. #46
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,768
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaeales View Post
    Yeah not much goes on here. It's pretty chill imo. People have disagreements but I don't think this equates to drama.
    It must have calmed down, then.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  7. #47
    𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔬𝔱𝔶𝔭𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔩 𝔢-𝔤𝔬𝔯𝔩 Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Sun
    TIM
    EIE-Ni-N
    Posts
    1,003
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddly McFluffles View Post
    It must have calmed down, then.
    Man, can't believe I missed the glory days of the16types. Oh well, off to go pick fights somewhere else
    devourer of the sun // consumer of the moon
    & you know now,
    that anything alone is
    a haunting

    & any two things
    together is a terror.
    What use are flowers?

  8. #48
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    (ง •̀_•́)ง
    TIM
    LSI-H
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaeales View Post
    Man, can't believe I missed the glory days of the16types. Oh well, off to go pick fights somewhere else
    q_q but you avoid drama.. >_> I cause drama.. OMG just how big does the fight need to be!?

    Anyway, socionics and MBTI are weird, I got more out of the Enneagram tbh..

  9. #49
    𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔬𝔱𝔶𝔭𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔩 𝔢-𝔤𝔬𝔯𝔩 Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Sun
    TIM
    EIE-Ni-N
    Posts
    1,003
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    q_q but you avoid drama.. >_> I cause drama.. OMG just how big does the fight need to be!?

    Anyway, socionics and MBTI are weird, I got more out of the Enneagram tbh..
    Odd claims since I've not seen any drama on this forum, really.
    devourer of the sun // consumer of the moon
    & you know now,
    that anything alone is
    a haunting

    & any two things
    together is a terror.
    What use are flowers?

  10. #50
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    (ง •̀_•́)ง
    TIM
    LSI-H
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaeales View Post
    Odd claims since I've not seen any drama on this forum, really.
    Define drama (what it means to you)

  11. #51
    𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔬𝔱𝔶𝔭𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔩 𝔢-𝔤𝔬𝔯𝔩 Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Sun
    TIM
    EIE-Ni-N
    Posts
    1,003
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Define drama (what it means to you)
    I think what a lot of people mean by "drama" is intense fighting and harassment, usually in the context of someone overreacting to harmless content or content that was intended to be harmless. Often when it makes them uncomfortable which is understandable. I have not recognized anything on the16types as "drama" personally, but I do think everyone is affected by "drama" subjectively and therefore defines drama subjectively.

    I think my definition of "drama" is much more traditional in a way and might not be what you're asking, though. "What is drama vs melodrama", the tightrope between it, looking at media and content that could be defined as either or both, so on. BS like that.

    Drama does not always equal fighting either, in many cases it's anything but, so I'm not sure why you mentioned "drama" when I mentioned "fighting". I've always admitted that I goof off here, and it was intended to be a joke like most of my posts.
    devourer of the sun // consumer of the moon
    & you know now,
    that anything alone is
    a haunting

    & any two things
    together is a terror.
    What use are flowers?

  12. #52

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Found this in the Eckard Tolle thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    So then according to this philosophy, identifying yourself as a Socionics type and analyzing your thoughts/behavior/experiences according to Socionics are only going to take you further away from who you really are. Studying Socionics, especially if you think about it a lot, will only serve to greatly strengthen your identification with your thinking mechanism. The more you try to identify yourself as a particular type/dichotomy/quadra, the more your ego will feel the need to defend this concept of self. Fear, anxiety, worry, other forms of unhappiness, and most likely physical manifestations of such (disease, pain, or unfortunate circumstances in your life) are sure to follow as the strength of your defensiveness grows (which will happen in proportion to your preoccupation with Socionics).
    who, me?

  13. #53
    𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔬𝔱𝔶𝔭𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔩 𝔢-𝔤𝔬𝔯𝔩 Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Sun
    TIM
    EIE-Ni-N
    Posts
    1,003
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nice View Post
    Found this in the Eckard Tolle thread:
    Posted by Joy
    So then according to this philosophy, identifying yourself as a Socionics type and analyzing your thoughts/behavior/experiences according to Socionics are only going to take you further away from who you really are. Studying Socionics, especially if you think about it a lot, will only serve to greatly strengthen your identification with your thinking mechanism. The more you try to identify yourself as a particular type/dichotomy/quadra, the more your ego will feel the need to defend this concept of self. Fear, anxiety, worry, other forms of unhappiness, and most likely physical manifestations of such (disease, pain, or unfortunate circumstances in your life) are sure to follow as the strength of your defensiveness grows (which will happen in proportion to your preoccupation with Socionics).
    I agree somewhat. I've been here myself and I think most everyone in typology has also been here at some point, it's pretty much one of the phases of typology and not really something to be ashamed of. But at the same time, I don't mean to criticize, it's mainly the people who take typology too seriously who do this.
    devourer of the sun // consumer of the moon
    & you know now,
    that anything alone is
    a haunting

    & any two things
    together is a terror.
    What use are flowers?

  14. #54
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,702
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes, I think the way to deal with this is to see it as a process you go through. You have to know your type, experience duality + other ITR, work with different people, try things that you think might fit your type etc. (that is, you need more socionics, not less) Then after some years you understand through experience what type is and can outgrow the sometimes naive understanding that beginners have. Learning more general psychology also helps.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)


    My Pinterest

  15. #55
    lkdhf qkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 459 sx/so
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nice View Post
    Deep down I'm just an emulator.
    Does that surprise you? Your body is made of organs, these organs are made of cells, the cells of molecules, and so on. Your mind is probaby similar, with an underlying structure. Why does it upset you that this structure determines most of the time what kind of information floats to your consciousness ?

    Maybe it's because you believe that that's all you are "deep down". I'm sure a lot of people on this forum started to study socionics because they wondered "who am I?", so you're not alone. The trouble we run all into, is that this theory only explains how different people process and metabolize information, not who you are, what you're meant to do or even what you can do. It's not meant to define ourselves, and I hope you see the pain you cause yourself by projecting this image of a robot onto yourself. It's like saying "Man, I hate evolution theory! Deep down I'm a monkey". Don't deny your humanity or your uniqueness. You're more than a type.

    To be honest, we will propably never know "who we are", because we change all the time. Being is not a state, it's a process. We love to tell ourselves stories and to grasp for things about ourselves that don't change, but that's mostly because we're afraid of change and meaninglessness. I hope you don't say "deep down I'm an emulator" just because you're afraid of being nothing...
    A lot of spiritual teachings say that if you tame the fear and let the world reveal itself to you, meaning appears on its own. In the meanwhile, just enjoy the mystery!
    Only there occasionally

  16. #56
    xerxe xerxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ministry of Love
    Posts
    6,561
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I don't wonder that, but I have always wondered if it is a communist theory. It was developed in communist Russia in the 1970s, by someone who worked for a type of 'planning agency', and the types are force-fit into these perfect relationships, jobs, etc. My theory is that it was going to be used to 'select' people for families, arranged marriages, and maybe jobs the way people were forced into careers in the USSR. I had therefore always wondered if - for real - it was developed for communist purposes. Even if it was, it still makes me LMAO however....
    Aushra was a researcher tasked with making collective housing work more effectively.

    She used Carl Jung's typology because it was the most modern psychology that she had access to behind the iron curtain. She was lucky to even have Carl Jung; Marxist sociology emphasized the premise that family well-being was a byproduct of materialist causes, not due to abstract 'spiritual' differences, and psychoanalysis was consequently banned by Stalin for being a 'bourgeois' science. The Baltic states, OTOH, had a longer time to import Western books and ideas before they were absorbed by the USSR in 1940.

  17. #57
    Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FUCK TE AND FI AND TI AND FE AND SI AND NE AND NI AND SE AND FUCK GAMMA DELTA ALPHA BETA

    AND FUCK AUSHRA AND GULENKO AND RUSSIANS AND MBTI AND NARDIO AND AMERICANS AND JUNG AND FREUD AND ALL PSYCHOLOGISTS

  18. #58
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,336
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics is 100% natural. People who thought they never had a “dual” or “kinship “ relationship quickly learn the various relationships that they have naturally had all along when there was no such labels on them so you don’t have to like or dislike Socionics for labeling what is already natural and naturally exists
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  19. #59

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,146
    Mentioned
    1111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  20. #60
    𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔬𝔱𝔶𝔭𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔩 𝔢-𝔤𝔬𝔯𝔩 Vex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    The Sun
    TIM
    EIE-Ni-N
    Posts
    1,003
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hate this thread
    devourer of the sun // consumer of the moon
    & you know now,
    that anything alone is
    a haunting

    & any two things
    together is a terror.
    What use are flowers?

  21. #61
    Your future president Joe Biden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    All over the country, son
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I call all socio-types from all walks of life to vote for me this November.

    I don't discriminate based off sociotypes, unlikes @Donald Trump
    Y'all better not vote for Trump cuz he'll put y'all back in chains

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •