Thread: I hate socionics

The CEO of Bigotry
    TIM
    (Ne)-ILE 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same, but I later thought I'm LII than ILE, now tending to IEI, but probably ILE, but I don't know and it makes me crazy, it consumes time and is pointless, but I want to know.
    Anyway FUCK TE FUCK FI AND FUCK GAMMA.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DivineStrength View Post
    Same, but I later thought I'm LII than ILE, now tending to IEI, but probably ILE, but I don't know and it makes me crazy, it consumes time and is pointless, but I want to know.
    Anyway FUCK TE FUCK FI AND FUCK GAMMA.
    Make a video
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nice View Post
    Ahehem.
    But I'm obsessed with it. Whenever someone does something or says something I try to figure out what function they are using. Also applying this to faces, voices etc.
    All for the reason to get my own type. Which I did a test and came out ILI but this is SO important to me to be ILI it's really pathetic.
    When I see a face of a famous person I like I immediately have to check this forum to check their type...
    I just want to CHUCK this whole thing and not think about it anymore. The type interactions are what are really killing me. I wonder if the idea of being ILI is so loved by me that everything revolves around it, seeing everything in that light. I can't even trust my likes/dislikes anymore, thinking it's all about that ILI pretender agenda.
    Anyway FUCK NE FUCK FE AND FUCK ALPHA.
    Yeah, socionics will do that to you.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I think Socionics had the original purpose of trying to help people get along. Ironically, places with Socionics have more drama than other places.
    Having been other places, I disagree. Throw a bunch of people and their pet theories (and egos) together, though, and it does become a shitshow.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaeales View Post
    Yeah not much goes on here. It's pretty chill imo. People have disagreements but I don't think this equates to drama.
    It must have calmed down, then.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, can't believe I missed the glory days of the16types. Oh well, off to go pick fights somewhere else
    q_q but you avoid drama.. >_> I cause drama.. OMG just how big does the fight need to be!?

Anyway, socionics and MBTI are weird, I got more out of the Enneagram tbh..

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odd claims since I've not seen any drama on this forum, really.
    Define drama (what it means to you)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this in the Eckard Tolle thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    So then according to this philosophy, identifying yourself as a Socionics type and analyzing your thoughts/behavior/experiences according to Socionics are only going to take you further away from who you really are. Studying Socionics, especially if you think about it a lot, will only serve to greatly strengthen your identification with your thinking mechanism. The more you try to identify yourself as a particular type/dichotomy/quadra, the more your ego will feel the need to defend this concept of self. Fear, anxiety, worry, other forms of unhappiness, and most likely physical manifestations of such (disease, pain, or unfortunate circumstances in your life) are sure to follow as the strength of your defensiveness grows (which will happen in proportion to your preoccupation with Socionics).
    who, me?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, I think the way to deal with this is to see it as a process you go through. You have to know your type, experience duality + other ITR, work with different people, try things that you think might fit your type etc. (that is, you need more socionics, not less) Then after some years you understand through experience what type is and can outgrow the sometimes naive understanding that beginners have. Learning more general psychology also helps.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nice View Post
    Deep down I'm just an emulator.
    Does that surprise you? Your body is made of organs, these organs are made of cells, the cells of molecules, and so on. Your mind is probaby similar, with an underlying structure. Why does it upset you that this structure determines most of the time what kind of information floats to your consciousness ?

Maybe it's because you believe that that's all you are "deep down". I'm sure a lot of people on this forum started to study socionics because they wondered "who am I?", so you're not alone. The trouble we run all into, is that this theory only explains how different people process and metabolize information, not who you are, what you're meant to do or even what you can do. It's not meant to define ourselves, and I hope you see the pain you cause yourself by projecting this image of a robot onto yourself. It's like saying "Man, I hate evolution theory! Deep down I'm a monkey". Don't deny your humanity or your uniqueness. You're more than a type.

To be honest, we will propably never know "who we are", because we change all the time. Being is not a state, it's a process. We love to tell ourselves stories and to grasp for things about ourselves that don't change, but that's mostly because we're afraid of change and meaninglessness. I hope you don't say "deep down I'm an emulator" just because you're afraid of being nothing...
    A lot of spiritual teachings say that if you tame the fear and let the world reveal itself to you, meaning appears on its own. In the meanwhile, just enjoy the mystery!

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I don't wonder that, but I have always wondered if it is a communist theory. It was developed in communist Russia in the 1970s, by someone who worked for a type of 'planning agency', and the types are force-fit into these perfect relationships, jobs, etc. My theory is that it was going to be used to 'select' people for families, arranged marriages, and maybe jobs the way people were forced into careers in the USSR. I had therefore always wondered if - for real - it was developed for communist purposes. Even if it was, it still makes me LMAO however....
    Aushra was a researcher tasked with making collective housing work more effectively.

She used Carl Jung's typology because it was the most modern psychology that she had access to behind the iron curtain. She was lucky to even have Carl Jung; Marxist sociology emphasized the premise that family well-being was a byproduct of materialist causes, not due to abstract 'spiritual' differences, and psychoanalysis was consequently banned by Stalin for being a 'bourgeois' science. The Baltic states, OTOH, had a longer time to import Western books and ideas before they were absorbed by the USSR in 1940.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FUCK TE AND FI AND TI AND FE AND SI AND NE AND NI AND SE AND FUCK GAMMA DELTA ALPHA BETA

AND FUCK AUSHRA AND GULENKO AND RUSSIANS AND MBTI AND NARDIO AND AMERICANS AND JUNG AND FREUD AND ALL PSYCHOLOGISTS

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Socionics is 100% natural. People who thought they never had a “dual” or “kinship “ relationship quickly learn the various relationships that they have naturally had all along when there was no such labels on them so you don’t have to like or dislike Socionics for labeling what is already natural and naturally exists
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call all socio-types from all walks of life to vote for me this November.

I don't discriminate based off sociotypes, unlikes @Donald Trump

45th President of the USA Donald Trump's Avatar
    TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Biden View Post
    I call all socio-types from all walks of life to vote for me this November.

I don't discriminate based off sociotypes, unlikes @Donald Trump
    Where are your sources, Biden? Once again, you're stating nothing but baseless lies to try and appease to the people for votes, and I won't stand for it. I will admit, I wanted to be an Alpha. But Mr. Gubenko assigned me to the GAMMA sector, and I believe that fits me well enough. I trust his knowledge more than enough.

Remember to vote for me, and GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Banned
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
    Where are your sources, Biden? Once again, you're stating nothing but baseless lies to try and appease to the people for votes, and I won't stand for it. I will admit, I wanted to be an Alpha. But Mr. Gubenko assigned me to the GAMMA sector, and I believe that fits me well enough. I trust his knowledge more than enough.

Remember to vote for me, and GOD BLESS AMERICA.
    There's only one alpha male here @Donald Trump

and that's ME.

You've failed to protect America. If the people vote for me, I'll protect America.

-Joe Biden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12