Thread: Depression during the Pandemic...

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Depression during the Pandemic...

You can talk about how you are feeling during pandemic in here.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This feeling might not be socially acceptable, but it has me feeling relieved sometimes. The pandemic was a trigger that has brought up a lot of issues that have always been there but usually been ignored and passed over. I've always hated slow decay more than punctuated moments of change. It's easier to say that problems don't exist when life goes slowly that every day is almost the same. The decline of human experience flies under the radar, and it's much easier to explain away issues as not really existing or being due to other causes. I know I'm being kind of abstract, but I hope someone gets it.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been feeling physically very tired for the past couple of weeks. Getting the same amount of sleep as normal, so I'm thinking it might be psychological.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    You can talk about how you are feeling during pandemic in here.
    I have no idea... when I'm alone I have no idea how I'm feeling. I have no idea how to describe it. I'm not sad, I'm not angry, I'm just completely numb and the external world seems boring. Can't call it bored tho, because I do find stuff to do and think about, but in terms of emotion . This is usually how I am by myself, kind of empty or unaware.

Emotions I become aware of: anxiety or anger..or when I meet ppl I like I can't help but smile / feel happy, but these always have some external trigger. Don't all emotions have external trigger?

otherwise I don't feel much nuance internally, I can like smile and behave happy/cheery but there is nothing really behind all that / just a mask.

now if you'd ask me what I think.. all sorts of thoughts / the mind is always busy ruminating, like a dog that's always chewing on his favorite bone.
    Last edited by SGF; 07-07-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierrette View Post
    I hate being in such a cramped environment with no place to walk without neighbors coming up to me and striking a conversation. Makes social distancing difficult. Like I understand they're lonely but God. Can't even go out and water plants (for once, I want to do that just to get out) without people bugging me.

This virus has made me much angrier and irritated than anything.
    Hm you can’t even water plants? Or is that an exaggeration. I know it’s the corona virus,pandemic but we still go to the garden,shops all of that,street basketball. We have still been doing that kind of stuff, also a lot of baseball games are still going on. It used to be like that when it was first out but not really to that point anymore. But it still sucks you can’t really do things the same way you used too, now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Pierrette;1397488]What is the point of your post. I don't get it.

"You can't water plants, but also you can do all these things.
    But never mind, you can’t
    I never referenced it to “never mind you can’t” I just said you can’t do things the same way you used too. It seemed like a hell of an exaggeration saying that you can’t even water plants, but I understand now. I agree to a certain extent you don’t want to risk anything

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel OK. I'm pretty adaptable.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously skeptical of "depression" as a diagnostic. It's too intergalactically vague to have any causal predictive power. Whether it's cause junk passes thru your brain-barrier or you've had a serious loss, whether you've seen some shit that would traumatize anyone or whether you're just a weak person - they care not for the cause. All these myriad causes are bundled up together into something so all-encompassing that it inherently loses meaning.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm mentally unstable, but what is new. I'm out of my meds too.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I've been feeling physically very tired for the past couple of weeks. Getting the same amount of sleep as normal, so I'm thinking it might be psychological.
    Ditto
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

People which are adopted to informal IRL communications alike with friends and then accidentally loose or much reduce this may get so. Someones get emotional inspirations by social activity as jobs - get the same. Those had regular stimulation of endorphines production and then loose it what they feel as depressive symptoms. They need a time to adopt to other life - up to 6 monthes. Some people have more predisposition to negative emotions while other ones lesser, some keep more of positive stimuls in other life mode. Someones loose the incomes, other important for them of normal life.
    This makes the difference.

Physical activity also supports normal brain functioning, including emotions. If people loose this being prisoned in homes - they may feel worse without additional physical training - to replace the reduction of the activity out of homes.

P.S.
    All what happens with this artifically made and spreaded viruses (which are close to common season flu, anyway, - it's some dangerous if you are weakened or get too much dose from someone weakened) is harmful non-scientific idiocy for doubtful political reasons. Peoples get the terrorism through medias and lifes breakage by "protections", are insulted by limitations and demands. The situation may influence their emotions.
    I feel higher anger when think about what happens. Not a depression related, as lost not much still.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

At first I was feeling fine but lately the state of the world is threatening to eat up any remaining optimism I have.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made an appointment with a therapist, some clinical psychologist I was referred to a few years ago and never went to. Never been to one before. 6 weeks to get in. At the time I made the appointment I was feeling irrevocably messed up and all kinds of things I don’t want to talk about. But now I think I’m fine. Typical. Maybe I’m depressed and I don’t realize it...hard to tell anymore. But I feel ridiculous going in there like this. I made a list of all my issues past and more present but they feel irrelevant if I’m not feeling them right now. Hard telling where I’ll be in a few weeks. Maybe the pit of despair, so I figure I’ll keep this appointment.
    Last edited by Aster; 07-10-2020 at 02:23 AM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

nothing changed

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been working for 3.5 months while still getting paid, so I more or less had the time of my life.

Last weekend I had to go to work again. It's hard going back to work when I had finally successfully adjusted to a life of blissful nothingness. For the past few years I have been saying that life has no meaning, it only needs to be lived with the feeling of being alive, which is easier said than done with all these external demands that have to be fulfilled. I had finally accomplished that state, now 'they' are taking it away from me again.

Long story short: all of the 54 years of my life have been depressing, except for that pandemic period. Can't wait for the second wave to hit my country. Fortunately our local version of the CDC are months behind in pinpointing the right causes of the epidemic aspects of COVID-19, so I'm pretty sure a second wave is in the makings. Never stop hoping!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I haven't been working for 3.5 months while still getting paid, so I more or less had the time of my life.

Last weekend I had to go to work again. It's hard going back to work when I had finally successfully adjusted to a life of blissful nothingness. For the past few years I have been saying that life has no meaning, it only needs to be lived with the feeling of being alive, which is easier said than done with all these external demands that have to be fulfilled. I had finally accomplished that state, now 'they' are taking it away from me again.

Long story short: all of the 54 years of my life have been depressing, except for that pandemic period. Can't wait for the second wave to hit my country. Fortunately our local version of the CDC are months behind in pinpointing the right causes of the epidemic aspects of COVID-19, so I'm pretty sure a second wave is in the makings. Never stop hoping!
    You really need to start turning your life around

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    I should have done that 15 years ago, when I was still making €3300 a month (after taxes, before taxes it was a staggering €5500/month), plus a yearly bonus, plus a 13th month. Let this be a lesson to all the young kids out here: if you manage your money smartly, you won't have to live a sober life and still will be able to retire at 45. Or at least be able to considerably slow down by that age.

But obviously most of you are going to be as ignorant and stubborn as I was, and history will repeat itself.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I should have done that 15 years ago, when I was still making €3300 a month (after taxes, before taxes it was a staggering €5500/month), plus a yearly bonus, plus a 13th month. Let this be a lesson to all the young kids out here: if you manage your money smartly, you won't have to live a sober life and still will be able to retire at 45. Or at least be able to considerably slow down by that age.

But obviously most of you are going to be as ignorant and stubborn as I was, and history will repeat itself.
    It is really hard to take a part of your hard-earned monthly earnings and send it to a broken-down ungrateful old fart who will be you in twenty years. Instead, spend that money on a vital, lively person who can appreciate it right now - yourself, and that hot babe on your arm.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are so many ways to be financially unwise. I feel the way in which I was most financially unwise was not realizing the importance of interpersonal and communication skills in getting a job. It's not the only way I'm unwise, there are numerous ways. But this is what I would go back in time and inform myself about. Naturally by invoking time travel and speaking with my younger self, like my younger self I fail to realize the importance of the present. She didn't think the present was important either and didn't use it wisely either. So it's almost like I've not changed at all. Just like her I see things as to be done in the future, or there was a time to do them in the past, while in the present I think about the future or the past.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    There's only so much you can do if you have to work to eat....

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    There's only so much you can do if you have to work to eat....
    yeah bullshit excuses

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that not moving around as much has also made my mind not move around as much lol. I lack perspective. But now things have been opening back up again where I am and work is returning to normal. Things seem much better on the work front on a daily basis. But my long term planning is stagnating. Luckily I have plans to meet up with a girlfriend I haven’t seen in a while next month, and other major restoration plans coming up too. Also have seen progress in other things I could control that has historically been harder for me like my skincare.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    sucha princess..
    You’re my skinspiration

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I figured it out. Some days when I'm groggy all day from poor sleep, I end up taking in a bunch of crap throughout the day, but am not awake enough to fully absorb it. Then I sleep and wake up the next day, and it all sinks in and hits me at once.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I feel good. I work ten times more than I've ever in my entire life. I'm just bummed that I don't get to travel as much but I'm raising a kid and reading and taking more walks so life's good
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html