Thread: Socionics type and weight

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Socionics type and weight

Is it just me, or are both perceiving types and subtypes on average heavier/ bulkier than rational types and subtypes? It's not a perfect correlation but this definitely seems to be the case.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rational types are more inclined towards anal retentiveness, which is an attitude that burns a lot of calories. So yes, on average your observations are correct.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd say this is the case for irrationals that Pi-Ips and Pe-Eps will have a proclivity to be heavy-set and fluctuating weights. I've seen quite a few IEE-Nes prone to putting on some pounds and then struggling to make themselves exercise on a consistent basis to lose that weight. Similarly SEI-Sis and ILE-Nes tend to have bulkier figures than their rational counterparts SEI-Fe and ILE-Ti, but this is on the average and there have always been exceptions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

S / N may correlate with weight. S types pay more attention on physical needs and pleasures
    so sum weight of people with S type is higher more cases of redundant weight among S types. underweight is more met among N types

other traits are doubtful to correlate significantly

/ there are no subtypes in Socionics

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have noticed more than a few obese LSEs in middle management (excuse the pun). A large portion of the US population seems overweight, j-types included. I think that poor eating habits stem from cultural influences, not type.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I have noticed more than a few obese LSEs in middle management (excuse the pun). A large portion of the US population seems overweight, j-types included. I think that poor eating habits stem from cultural influences, not type.

a.k.a. I/O
    The problem with obesity may be bigger than any of us.

https://aeon.co/essays/blaming-indiv...together-wrong

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sometimes my vitality drops and weight accumulates. After it is over it drops very quickly. COVID could have been a disaster in accumulation if I was not prepared.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe there's some correlation, however I think your genetics overshadow the effect personality may have on your physiology.
    I'm IEI-Ni and a BMI calculator would say I'm underweight, but if you just look at me, I'm clearly not, I just have the tiniest frame. I gain muscle mass very easily (genetics), the uncommon times I decide to be more active. When I'm in sedentary mode, I retain a lot of muscle tone. So in this case genetics are overshadowing personality factors..

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My weight fluctuates a lot. I've never allowed myself to get truly big though, I've only been slightly overweight before BMI wise, like 26 to 27 percent once right after a massive loss, meds, etc. I lost about 30 pounds fast by quitting sugar, switching medication at that time and lessening or quitting drinking, cant remember. I've been fluctuating between 21 and 25 BMI for years. Right now I'm at 23. I'm in between ectomorph and mesomorph I think. I have limb and bone structure kind of like an ecto, but my metabolism is not as good as one's (only when I was young, before mid 20's) and I guess maybe parts of my figure are more meso. I find it's easy for me to both gain and lose very much based on diet especially. Even a little bit of activity can really help me though too. I'm very lazy though unless it's something I enjoy like biking, hiking, swimming, dancing.

So I guess, whatever my type is (delta NF), I am disciplined enough to take action when my weight is creeping up, though probably not in the healthiest way... but I am also lazy about pushing myself to do a lot of physical activity.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

An addition. Besides a pleasure factor, higher weight in normal borders may also mean more muscles due to higher physical load and a training. Though, in today "civilized" conditions fat gains easier.
    So higher weight of S types may also relate to more care about better look and sometimes healthier metabolism (when you feel better), on what S types pay more of the attention.

An example, when a woman's look is improved after +10 kg. She had thin sporty runner-body before. Higher weight also could improve her hormones to arise the fertility. From mens view - she started to look as more feminine and more attractive.

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surreal View Post

a.k.a. I/O
    The overweight LSEs are more likely to be the fix-your-backyard Mr. do-it-all sort, and they are generally more sensory oriented. The overly rigid Te-fixated walking-encyclopedia sort is generally skinner.

The weird thing is not that perceiving types and subtypes are fatter, their frame looks rounder and softer even when they are skinny.

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@consentingadult Are u saying that anal retentiveness should be taught as a weight loss tactic? That sounded way easier then hitting the gym lmao, you should give it try.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, that would be reversing cause and effect, it doesn't work the other way around. Either you are are anal retentive or you are not. You cannot 'do' anal retentiveness.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    S / N may correlate with weight. S types pay more attention on physical needs and pleasures
    so sum weight of people with S type is higher more cases of redundant weight among S types. underweight is more met among N types
    I think by this logic, N types would be more prone to being overweight since they're less good at taking care of their bodies, exercising, eating regularly, etc. If someone doesn't eat regularly, and don't pay much attention to their bodies, etc. that doesn't mean they're gonna be thin. I'm fat myself, and I only eat maybe two meals a day. I tend to live in my head, and am not good at taking care of my body or the practical needs of life.
    The common advice for people who want to lose weight is to eat regularly, small meals. [Not eating] is not gonna cause you to lose weight.

"So higher weight of S types may also relate to more care about better look and sometimes healthier metabolism (when you feel better), on what S types pay more of the attention."

But being thin is the beauty standard, at least in the dimension where I live. Maybe you live in a different dimension from me. It's possible. But where I'm from, 'higher weight' is not exactly what society encourages.
    So again, if anything, I think this all points to S types being thinner, since they're supposed to be better at taking care of their bodies, eating regularly, exercising, and looking better.

But it's also genetics of course. My family is fat, so of course I'm gonna be fat.
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

The CEO of Bigotry
    TIM
    (Ne)-ILE 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andreasdevig View Post
    The common advice for people who want to lose weight is to eat regularly, small meals. [Not eating] is not gonna cause you to lose weight.
    Just fuck my Insulin up
    Insulin Resistance and Metabolic Syndrome = Healthy Weight Loss
    Stable Insulin levels and Abstinence/Fasting = Unhealthy, not good for losing weight
    lol

*I'm not good at abstinence btw, always instinctually consuming food while thinking about other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid I have to disagree that these types have any connections. In my opinion, weight and the body state don't have anything to socionics types. In multiple cases, this topic can be about genetics and other circumstances. If you are a rational type and want to eat less, this doesn't show anything at all. In my opinion, you don't need to catch the wind and go and get the proper education at university. Why do some people think that reading some books will replace education? At least you can go and consult with the professionals in the weight loss area here's the link medicalweightlosslehighvalley.com.
    Last edited by MaryWenzelp; 06-13-2022 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fom what I've seen I would say somehow yes
    intuitives with Ni/Ne subtype are heavier/ bulkier than other people around ( my dad is an example , ILI-Ni , my sister in childhood before she switch to Fe subtype ) ,
    Si subtypes also
    Se subtypes not always tbh
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread was made for me
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My metabolism let me eat anything I want until I was 30. As a teen I could literally eat an entire pack of cookies and still not gain weight, if I wanted. My metabolism slowed and I am not sure how anyone allows themselves to be fat, I couldn't do it. I've quit sugars, started eating healthier, and ofc added exercise. I was slightly overweight for a short while before reaching a point where I couldn't fucking stand it. I could never live like that. There wasn't hardly a moment when the awareness of my weight left my mind.

My mother is Si-Fe and has been carelessly fat all my life. I always looked at her and swore to myself I'd never look like that. She'd rather enjoy eating out all the time and eating sweets all the time than actually maintain a decent weight and enjoy a good looking body. Not me, I'd much rather enjoy looking good. I naturally crave healthy food anyway, even before I was born. When my mom was pregnant with me she ate healthier than she ever has in her life because anything else made her sick. My natural diet is what hers was while she was pregnant. Has been like that all my life.

One more reason I hate USA. All I want to eat is fish, fruit, and vegetables. I fucking hate chicken, btw, and eggs make me literally gag. Yes, I am naturally a pescatarian since before birth. USA forces me out of it and it makes me feel like shit physically.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 06-13-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaryWenzelp View Post
    I'm afraid I have to disagree that these types have any connections. In my opinion, weight and the body state don't have anything to socionics types.
    Same, but I do find it hilarious that some of those who have been forcefully typing me as something other than ESI contradict what they have typed me as via what they say here. "Ur not an S" but then "S types are [*describes you*]"
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 06-13-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think David Keirsey wrote in one of his books that NF types tend to be anorexic, which I slightly agree with, but I think it is victim types, so beta and gamma intuitives, who are prone to this. On average, intuitive types seem to be slimmer and sensing types are more at risk of being overweight. Obesity seems to be related to Si

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive encountered underweight intuitives more commonly, and one SEE, but she put on weight, while the intuitives are still underweight
    IEE, EII, LII, LIE
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m slender and overweight at the same time

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I, an LIE, was slender all my life until I got close to the end of my marriage, and then I got fat.

After the divorce, I got thin again.

Now, I'm getting fatter again. I hate being fat. I hate it.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty thin, always have been, fwiw. Thankfully I like nutritious food and I like the way it makes me feel. I do need to build some more muscle, though.

I think there are trends in socionics, yes, but obviously not absolute rules. S types tend to be thicker - either fat or muscle, or both. N types tend to be a bit wimpier. There's some mixing and matching, though. Se Ijs can be lean mean fighting machines, haha. Ni Ips can be quite pudgy. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Leviathan View Post
    Same, but I do find it hilarious that some of those who have been forcefully typing me as something other than ESI contradict what they have typed me as via what they say here. "Ur not an S" but then "S types are [*describes you*]"
    It's so annoying when people are like that. Glad you can find some humor in it.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ppl who are rational do seem more anal retentive and stressed out (lmao), which would naturally burn more calories no matter what u eat. A therapist I had once said I was actually TOO laid back and calm and not nervous enough- and yeah my body doesn't really like any anxious feeling and I kinda do whatever I can to stop that or get rid of it. I was skinnier when I was younger but I'm fatter now. From twink to bear lol (god the corny gay slogan words make me cringe but might as well embrace them due to how cringe-y they are) I learned there's even 'Seals' as well as Otters.

The Creator and the Destructor The Iconoclast's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko said it is related to irrationality on type level and initiality on subtype level. Our eating and activity behaviours are not really type related he also said. Can someone make the correlation between irrationality, initiality, and Americans? Seems promising. I think subs D and N are the anal-rettentive kind. EII sister is very anal and skinny. Her sub is either CN or NC.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Everybody is fat in America, so this is a hard question to answer.