Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They sucked both. I liked the originals. Watching the originals (all 3 in a row) every New Years when I was a kid saved me from shitty family gatherings.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the prequels, hated the sequels
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Star Wars is so silly. If one does need to watch Sci-Fi, try Star Trek DS9, they even have episodes where the main characters end up in sick bay after having some BSDM spanking sessions, and are proud about it. Now that's proper drama!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originals are so overrated. Jump into New Hope while it's playing on television in the middle of the death star gunfight scenes, and it feels like you're watching a comedy. I'm sorry, are we supposed to believe the idiotic stakes of a child and two drug runners storming a highly garrisoned government bunker and getting out alive are somehow LESS cheesy than space politics, or wizards with swords dueling while jumping 20 feet? How can the red herring of Luke's parentage in RotJ NOT be an important plot point that demands proper resolution elsewhere in the saga?

You don't get a tale of one evil man manipulating the world, a failed Messiah arc, or the story of citizens voting away their own rights in the originals. You just get a standard series of action flicks. We're already saturated with those. They were only impressive back in the 80s when no one had CGI yet.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sequels imo are devoid of meaning. This isn't true of either previous trilogy. I can't even watch them. I saw potential until the last movie which was garbage and revealed there wasn't a point in making the sequel trilogy. Empty feels, copying previous trilogies, Abrams and Terrio masturbating over their Star Wars feelings. So much nostalgia I wanna puke. Really it was obvious since the first movie in the trilogy but I gave excessive benefit of the doubt.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    The sequels imo are devoid of meaning. This isn't true of either previous trilogy. I can't even watch them. I saw potential until the last movie which was garbage and revealed there wasn't a point in making the sequel trilogy. Empty feels, copying previous trilogies, Abrams and Terrio masturbating over their Star Wars feelings. So much nostalgia I wanna puke. Really it was obvious since the first movie in the trilogy but I gave excessive benefit of the doubt.
    The sequels were a bunch of chopped up garbage. Nothing made any sense really. Cut to this, cut to that. Throw that in there. YouTube could have done better.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, there's this fan theory that George Lucas had initially intended Jar Jar Binks to be revealed as a powerful Sith lord.... He would have been some kind of anti-yoda, possibly even Palpatine's master, and the true mastermind behind the rise of the Empire.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...ed_force_user/

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I happen across old decayed bones years past rotting in the Bush, or somewhere on a sun bleached hillside.

A calcium shadow of the creature it once was.

This was the image that comes to mind when I think of KK's hallowed out shell of modern cinema.

Not much more to say that has not been said before.

I wasn't even a fan boy, it was just a affecting original movie when I first watched it in 1989. Your Father is the one who is evil? You are not your Father? Pure Shakespeare.

KK's monstrosity was the biggest fuck you to a story I have ever seen. It was ... Fucking horrendous. Dishonourable. Shallow. Fucking trash. The disturbing part was the serious effort clearly engaged in the effort. All that money, all that energy, and about as affecting as a TV commercial.

The Imagineers should stick with theme park rides. That's how the last movie felt. No real risk, just a shallow 2 hour long theme park rides, perfectly constructed to be re done and repackaged for the next set of riders.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck those movies man. Fuck Disney. Fuck you all to hell.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    So, there's this fan theory that George Lucas had initially intended Jar Jar Binks to be revealed as a powerful Sith lord.... He would have been some kind of anti-yoda, possibly even Palpatine's master, and the true mastermind behind the rise of the Empire.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...ed_force_user/

Holy shit. I just noticed something related to this. Someone else has probably noticed this before, but, in the final scene of The Phantom Menace, Yoda glares suspiciously in Jar Jar's direction when he first sees him. That glare was conspicuous and had to have been put there on purpose.

https://youtu.be/PKmjyAr_cC0?t=165
    Last edited by xerx; 07-12-2020 at 02:32 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I read an article that said that George Lucas is a great storyteller, but he keeps messing with the stories and creates these huge inconsistencies in the Star Wars canon (I'll take their work on this, since I don't know), and when Disney bought the franchise from him, they had to spend a couple films just filling in the story with bullshit explanatory backstories and boring exposition to explain the unexplainable and make everything self-consistent and predictable, which is what Disney loves.

The article's author thought this was a good thing. I guess some people want a coherent story, and some want the most bang for their ticket price and don't care how they get it.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disney pulled up a corpse at the end of the final film and reused it with a puke inducing level of irony. The funny part is I'm not even sure they are self aware enough to recognize the symbolism. That's not consistency, that's preschool level story telling. It might has well had been a fucking Lego movie at that point.

I fucking hated that movie and hate anything Disney makes nowadays. I actually in part blame them for the cultural wars playing out in the states right now. Eat your own cultural sacraments for a buck while the bubble wrapped seals clap their dumb applause.

God I'm such a cynic about some things.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really digging the Jar Jar theory. The prequels could have been so good.

Last edited by xerx; 07-13-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Holy shit. I just noticed something related to this. Someone else has probably noticed this before, but, in the final scene of The Phantom Menace, Yoda glares suspiciously in Jar Jar's direction when he first sees him. That glare was conspicuous and had to have been put there on purpose.

https://youtu.be/PKmjyAr_cC0?t=165
    i just happened on this post in my friends feed while dicking around with my profile and have no idea of the previous posts in this thread, but i seriously think darth jar jar was a thing, and i'm really bummed it wasn't kept to (or shit, wasn't real in the first place whatever if that's how it is, but there's just too much weird looks and drunk-fu going on with jar-jar in phantom menace for it not to have been there). that would have made it so much more interesting somehow than what they went with.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now that i see that this is a poll, my answer: i said they're both good, but the original is "better". i don't hate the .....................

FUCK

FUCKFUCKFUCK
    i just realized the poll is asking about the prequels and sequels, not original and prequels. i voted wrong. the fact that i literally didn't even consider that the sequels exist is your answer i guess lol.

Rogue One > Originals > Solo =?>?< Prequels > Sequels

although to be fair, somehow i didn't want to walk out of revenge of the sith. that was the only one of the sequels that i wasn't thinking "this? this is dogshit...?" at several points while watching it lol.