Thread: MBTI youtubers

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face MBTI youtubers

It was interesting hearing about Nathan Glass. However, now I'm curious about the types of all MBTI youtubers (some of which also discuss Socionics). I've listed some of them here. Feel free to add more if you desire.

Frank James:

I think he's IEI, so I think INFJ definitely works in terms of cognitive functions. His videos are entertaining, but they're not insightful enough to really grab my interest.

Casual Cognition:
    Calypso:

I'm seeing Fe here, so maybe also IEI, but Fe subtype? Could also be IEE though. Those videos are very interesting lmao.
    Alex:

She looks similar to some of the SLI girls I've known. I haven't looked too deeply into her yet, however, I've not really seeing any Ni so far.

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Pierce:

I love his videos. His ramble about masculine and feminine principles were surprisingly similar to the process and result dichotomy described here in socionics. I think he's LII though, since his Fe is quite weak based on his body language on some of the videos. Could also be IEI-Ni, but LII seems more likely.

Davesuperpowers:

His straightforward style sounds very gamma SF. I think he's ESI based on his VI.

CS Joseph:

I haven't really watched a lot of his videos, but he definitely seems to annoy me for some reason. I feel like he's not saying anything really important, and I don't like his tone and body language. I don't really have any idea about his type. I've seen him typed as LSE, however, the people I've known who looked like him were all intuitives. What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It seems like Socionics is starting to get mixed into MBTI... Oh boy!

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Yes, todays MBTI seems totally different from the MBTI I knew from about 15 years ago, which was full of meaningless Forer-effect mumbo jumbo at the time.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

protip: if a girl types herself INFJ in MBTI then she EII. If a guy types himself INTJ in MBTI then he is IEE.

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mightylizard why?

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surreal View Post
    it was mainly a joke; although I do find it very common for EIIs (and SEIs) to type INFJ in MBTI and for male Delta NFs to type INTJ. It doesn't help that those two types are venerated as super rare, uncommon people in MBTI and people like to think that they are super special and unique. "oh, this is why I am misunderstood: because I am ~THE RAREST TYPE OF ALL~"

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao that makes sense I guess. I always felt like the INTJ profiles don't really make any sense at all. It literally just sounded like an LSI who happened to be very smart. When I first got into MBTI, I always had a feeling that the types were too shallow and didn't really represent real people. However, I soon realized that socionics had the descriptions I was looking for.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was interesting hearing about Nathan Glass. However, now I'm curious about the types of all MBTI youtubers (some of which also discuss Socionics). I've listed some of them here. Feel free to add more if you desire.

Frank James:
    I think he's IEI, so I think INFJ definitely works in terms of cognitive functions. His videos are entertaining, but they're not insightful enough to really grab my interest.
    He might be IEI.
    Casual Cognition:
    Calypso:
    I'm seeing Fe here, so maybe also IEI, but Fe subtype? Could also be IEE though. Those videos are very interesting lmao.
    I think she is IEE.
    Alex:
    She looks similar to some of the SLI girls I've known. I haven't looked too deeply into her yet, however, I've not really seeing any Ni so far.
    I think she values Si/Ne.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Bogdan? I like him better than Frank James, Frank overdoes it imo

https://youtu.be/2AGJzodpzJ8

https://youtu.be/I5d28hBPa_s

https://youtu.be/orS9tXSLmYs

I’ve heard he types as either INFP or INTP in MBTI

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also this woman, Psychology Tea. She took that one 16 personalities test and got INFP, but that test isn’t great

https://youtu.be/NxPz2edcGbI

https://youtu.be/tPP-hg56A

https://youtu.be/qqwIL6ihsEY

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    esfp striking up conversation in an elevator (wearing flip flops and a backpack) is a highlight to my day, for sure
    I like this guy's rendition
    Lol I feel bad for hating on Frank now, he’s got some good stuff, but I like Bogdan’s style/acting better ... plus he’s cute >.>

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched some of Frank’s first video posted here and yeah, he does have some good content. I think I kind of get what he’s doing with his style and it’s not as serious as Bogdan I do think Fe-valuing works best for Frank in both MBTI and socionics

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    What about Bogdan? I like him better than Frank James, Frank overdoes it imo

I’ve heard he types as either INFP or INTP in MBTI
    I think he is not Ti/Ni/Se/Fe/Fi polr.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    Also this woman, Psychology Tea. She took that one 16 personalities test and got INFP, but that test isn’t great
    She might be EII.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Frank James - INF*
    Casual Cognition - ESTJ
    C.S. Joseph - I*TJ
    Psychology Tea - ESFJ

MBTI itself is one of dichotomies tests similar to used in Socionics. It's compatible with Socionics by dichotomies theory and hence in types said by them. There are mistakes in typing, mistakes and expansions in some parts of the theory on both sides. Types are the same.
    So would be more useful to note about Jung types youtubers. They have similar content, except some parts of the theory.
    Last edited by Sol; 07-24-2020 at 04:29 PM.

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theory: Calypso (an IEE), mistakes INTJs as SLIs, and that's why she labels them as the most attractive type in "society's opinion".

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't that a good thing? To me, Socionics was always a part of MBTI. (Though I only got into MBTI/Typology in 2016). I remember someone asked a question on Quora, "What does an INFP look like?" I answered like "Blank, expressionless face. Look innocent, harmless. Teddybear look. ISFPs look more intense, almost evil looking eyes." This was obviously regarding EIIs and ESIs. I don't think I even knew this came from Socionics at the time. Type Tips (an MBTI YouTuber) would often talk of Socionics. He would compare the look of Jennifer Lopez (ESFJ) and Tyra Banks (ENFJ) and say that Tyra has a more 'darker' look/vibe. He would say that INFJs and INFPs both have equally strong Ni and Fi, but INFJs prefer to use Ni and INFPs prefer to use Fi. I didn't know this was from Socionics at the time either. I had no idea where it came from. So, to my perspective, Socionics was always a part of MBTI.
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andreasdevig View Post
    Isn't that a good thing? To me, Socionics was always a part of MBTI. (Though I only got into MBTI/Typology in 2016). I remember someone asked a question on Quora, "What does an INFP look like?" I answered like "Blank, expressionless face. Look innocent, harmless. Teddybear look. ISFPs look more intense, almost evil looking eyes." This was obviously regarding EIIs and ESIs. I don't think I even knew this came from Socionics at the time. Type Tips (an MBTI YouTuber) would often talk of Socionics. He would compare the look of Jennifer Lopez (ESFJ) and Tyra Banks (ENFJ) and say that Tyra has a more 'darker' look/vibe. He would say that INFJs and INFPs both have equally strong Ni and Fi, but INFJs prefer to use Ni and INFPs prefer to use Fi. I didn't know this was from Socionics at the time either. I had no idea where it came from. So, to my perspective, Socionics was always a part of MBTI.
    I've been noticing some rather stark differences between the Se of Jung and MBTI and that of Socionics recently. Socionics Se has basically nothing to do with Jung's Se.

There's also the stripping out of meaning that happened in Socionics by changing the idea of F into ethics rather than feeling. There's probably more, but that's enough I think to call into question whether or not Socionics had the right idea.

I think Socionics has some good ideas, but I don't think of it as highly as I used to. MBTI is also flawed, so maybe the best solution is some kind of hybrid that doesn't exist yet. The MBTI people seem a lot more willing to adapt. Socionists are more dogmatic. MBTI peeps are willing to follow observation if it doesn't fit the theory. With socionists, be ready for the holy Inquisition if you challenge anything. Lol

Intensity probably relates more to Enneagram type and stacking than anything else, along with upbringing.

I also don't think of MBTI as shittily as I used to. It has some good points and thoughts. There is good writing out there from an MBTI perspective. There's a lot more writing in MBTI that is geared towards personal development, and the general idea of using the auxiliary to balance the type is going in the right direction.
    Last edited by Aramas; 07-24-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed some differences too.

"Intensity probably relates more to Enneagram type and stacking than anything else, along with upbringing."

But doesn't Se have to do with 'intensity' also? By 'intensity', I meant people who look intense on the outside. Since Se folks are very in tune with the external world, they tend to look more intense and present. Whereas N types look more like they're somewhere else, off in a different dimension, or like they're high or something.
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andreasdevig View Post
    I've noticed some differences too.

"Intensity probably relates more to Enneagram type and stacking than anything else, along with upbringing."

But doesn't Se have to do with 'intensity' also? By 'intensity', I meant people who look intense on the outside. Since Se folks are very in tune with the external world, they tend to look more intense and present. Whereas N types look more like they're somewhere else, off in a different dimension, or like they're high or something.
    The instinct variants have the most profound effect here. Sp doms no matter what type are still going to look like wallflowers who are just peeping outside when they do engage with the external world.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harbingers of evil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CS Joseph LIE

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The instinct variants have the most profound effect here. Sp doms no matter what type are still going to look like wallflowers who are just peeping outside when they do engage with the external world.
    How not to do Enneagram.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank James - INFJ Dostoevsky

This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank James is a total IEI. My guess for his subtype is IEI-Ni.

Introvert Named Emily (Pucokie) claims to be an IEI. I think that she is an ILI, not an IEI. I have also heard that she is an ESI that claims to be an IEI.

Links To Her Videos (Pucokie):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyJJ6zS5IA4&t=458s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU7bRlnw8XM&t=40s

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StarPath View Post
    Frank James is a total IEI. My guess for his subtype is IEI-Ni.

Introvert Named Emily (Pucokie) claims to be an IEI. I think that she is an ILI, not an IEI. I have also heard that she is an ESI that claims to be an IEI.

Links To Her Videos (Pucokie):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyJJ6zS5IA4&t=458s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU7bRlnw8XM&t=40s
    I agree that Pucokie is not an IEI, but I don't think she's an ILI, either. The female ILI's whom I know have a kind of superficial breeziness with a snarl just below the surface. Like all ILI's, they are looking at me and thinking "You're an asshole", and I don't see this in Pucokie.

Instead, I think she's an ESI who is either e4 or has been hammered by life, or maybe both. Her face has a softness that I don't see in NT's (except her mouth curls down sometimes like an ILI, but that doesn't overcome the rest of her) and she hates "fake people" who just try to be popular, which is a really strong indicator of valued Fi.

Being hammered by life can cause a person to abandon their adult functions (Leading and Creative, because using them did not protect them from being hammered) and turning to their child-functions (Activating and Suggestive) because that's all you got left. It can make a person look like an incompetent version of their Dual or Activity partner. At least, it can until they get un-hammered or free from the bad environment.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I agree that Pucokie is not an IEI, but I don't think she's an ILI, either. The female ILI's whom I know have a kind of superficial breeziness with a snarl just below the surface. Like all ILI's, they are looking at me and thinking "You're an asshole", and I don't see this in Pucokie.

Instead, I think she's an ESI who is either e4 or has been hammered by life, or maybe both. Her face has a softness that I don't see in NT's (except her mouth curls down sometimes like an ILI, but that doesn't overcome the rest of her) and she hates "fake people" who just try to be popular, which is a really strong indicator of valued Fi.

Being hammered by life can cause a person to abandon their adult functions (Leading and Creative, because using them did not protect them from being hammered) and turning to their child-functions (Activating and Suggestive) because that's all you got left. It can make a person look like an incompetent version of their Dual or Activity partner. At least, it can until they get un-hammered or free from the bad environment.
    I can definitely see ESI for Pucokie. I think that if she is an ESI, she is an ESI-Fi. Her Te is not strong, but I do not think that she is Te PoLR. Her Se may be stronger than Se suggestive. She talks about "having a strong personality," which is often attributed to high Se. IEI is ridiculously easy to mistype as.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can definitely see ESI for Pucokie. I think that if she is an ESI, she is an ESI-Fi. Her Te is not strong, but I do not think that she is Te PoLR. Her Se may be stronger than Se suggestive. She talks about "having a strong personality," which is often attributed to high Se. IEI is ridiculously easy to mistype as.
    I agree with all of this.

I'm not sure why so many people mistakenly think they are IEI's. I believe that IEI's are best at empathizing with all other types and hence can actually assume their identities to some extent (they have phenomenal mirror neurons), but why do other types identify as IEI's? Is it the romance? Is it the mystery? I have no idea.

I grew up with an IEI-Fe favorite cousin and she's a wonderful person but she's not (obviously) romantic and not mysterious at all.

*EDIT*
    Well, she's not normally mysterious to me, except in a Te-PoLR way. Growing up, I'd wonder why she did certain inexplicable things that seemed so obviously non-optimal to me, but I never mentioned that to her, any more than I would mention a limp to a person with a shortened tendon. It doesn't interfere with who she is or how much I like her.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I can definitely see ESI for Pucokie.
    SEI / ISFP
    some close

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Frank James is actually EIE. He’s much more forceful and bold with Fe than Ni.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is not a super popular MBTI YouTube star, but she claims to be an INFJ in MBTI. She is an INFx for sure. Her name is Katie Marie. My guess is that she is an EII-Fi. Otherwise, she is an IEI-Ni.

Links To Her Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7uR9wBbgi8&t=1326s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHNdf6moliU

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She is not a super popular MBTI YouTube star, but she claims to be an INFJ in MBTI. She is an INFx for sure. Her name is Katie Marie. My guess is that she is an EII-Fi. Otherwise, she is an IEI-Ni.

Links To Her Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7uR9wBbgi8&t=1326s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHNdf6moliU
    I agree with EII-Fi. She has a rational submissiveness that I associate with EII's.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone has any thought about his Bogdan's type?

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Olimpia I watched your video, and I definitely agree with you about CS Joseph's type. His videos are very long and casual deterministic, so I think that narrows it down to EII, SEE, ILE, and LSI. I think the people who typed him as a Te dom don't really understand the difference between Te and Ti. Introverted functions tends to be all or nothing in terms of capabilities, because they are not bounded by external factors. Since Ti only relies on internal logic, it can conjure up amazingly accurate systems without a hint of evidence. However, because it is subjective, the logic can go off the rails, especially if the user refuses to accept his/her inaccuracies.

Also, I don't think communication styles are a good typing tool. I've seem so/sx LxIs come across as very expressive and sweet.

Also, @Olimpia can u make a horror archetype video for sx/sp sometime in the future?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nathan Glass: ILE
    CS Joseph: EIE
    Michael Pierce: LII (IEI could work maybe)
    Dave Superpowers: probably LIE, but I haven't watched a ton of his videos
    pucokie: I tend to think she is ESI rather than IEI.
    Meghan LeVota: EIE
    TheEndlessKurtis: ILE (EIE alternative)
    AsuraPsych: LII
    John Schultz Barnes: ILE (or LII)
    Love Lu (former owner of Love Who channel): SEE
    LizziesAnswers (not strictly a typology channel): ESE

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Pierce is SLE, which is kind of funny, considering everyone used to praise him for his MBTI knowledge lol

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellohellohello View Post
    Michael Pierce is SLE, which is kind of funny, considering everyone used to praise him for his MBTI knowledge lol
    How?

A little better makes better more

The good news in knowing you are wrong is you are right

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    How?
    He describes putting himself out there as a "visceral experience" (Se), plus he was always pretty comfortable with putting himself out there in the first place (Extroversion).

His descriptions of Ni are way off, saying it's "one to the many" means absolutely nothing to Ni and his descriptions of it are much more Ti.

He just has a slight touch of autism so people think he's this funky intuitive feeling type without looking much deeper. He's not. People have this tendency in typology to work top-down instead of bottom-up, where if they are taught a certain type acts a certain way, and someone else acts that same way, they have to be the same type. It's not about "acting" it's about perception and the individual's mindset that leads to those actions. I bet if anyone met him in person he'd be reacting to everything that grabs his attention in the slightest (Se-dom with Fe-mobilizing).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He describes putting himself out there as a "visceral experience" (Se), plus he was always pretty comfortable with putting himself out there in the first place (Extroversion).

His descriptions of Ni are way off, saying it's "one to the many" means absolutely nothing to Ni and his descriptions of it are much more Ti.

He just has a slight touch of autism so people think he's this funny intuitive feeling type. He's not. I bet if anyone met him in person he'd be reacting to everything that grabs his attention in the slightest (Se-dom with Fe-mobilizing).
    Wacky.

Are all Ti doms Wacky?

The thought keeps crossing my mind here and other forums.

This is light hearted so no offence.

I'm quirky in other ways.

A little better makes better more

The good news in knowing you are wrong is you are right

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Theory knowledge may be good. Theory application is other.
    To understand correctly own type traits helps to some degree, certainly.

Michael Pierce - ENTP
    he seems says own type as INFJ