Thread: How do other people experience Sx-firsts?

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do other people experience Sx-firsts?

?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm sx-first and I've been told I'm a "loose cannon" by an introverted project manager at a university, and I've been told that I'm un-igorable by an SEI that I work with.

These are just the things that people have told me, or came back to me by way of a third party. I don't know what people are actually thinking about me. I probably don't want to know.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I'm sx-first and I've been told I'm a "loose cannon" by an introverted project manager at a university, and I've been told that I'm un-igorable by an SEI that I work with.

These are just the things that people have told me, or came back to me by way of a third party. I don't know what people are actually thinking about me. I probably don't want to know.
    That's just type 8.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    That's just type 8.
    OK, you are probably right about that.

I don't have any feedback about my desire to merge with a woman I like upon first seeing her that day. Some women like the clarity, some don't.

I assume they are thinking, "He wants to fuck me, but then we can go shopping and then to the beach." But I don't really know.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll let you know when I understand what SX is supposed to be. I've heard it described as both 'sexual' and 'intimate;' terms which are used in ways that are mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    People unilaterally and unjustifiable ascribe me sexual behavior.

For example once a good friend of mine thought It was impossible for me to be a virgin (when I was). Sometimes ppl go ahead to try to seduce me when our relation is totally occupational. In two occasions I was told that I was seducing men and sexually offending ppl through my avatar pictures taken from pinterest.

The interesting part is that I don't even feel attracted to most ppl.
    have they told you what gives them that impression?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche the Child View Post
    have they told you what gives them that impression?
    No. As I said, online some said my avatars (and it were not 2, but 3 ppl). For the ppl irl I have no clue. I've always been introverted and kinda serious. I think its due being sx, honestly.

edit. I stopped using real humans in my avatrs to discourage ppl from thinking anything I do has sexual connotations.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-04-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Too much. Entirely too much. But occasionally really sexy.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sx firsts are intense and cool and potentially intimate. (This is idealizing and forgetting the first instinct may be about covering for a weak area--I don't have experience but imagine they may do that push-pull thing which is about avoiding intimacy. It's fun I think for the one doing the push/pull more than for the one being pushed and pulled).

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    No. As I said, online some said my avatars (and it were not 2, but 3 ppl). For the ppl irl I have no clue. I've always been introverted and kinda serious. I think its due being sx, honestly.

edit. I stopped using real humans in my avatrs to discourage ppl from thinking anything I do has sexual connotations.
    You're my mom, pls behave

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've come to the realization that my closest, longest friendships have been with other sx-first individuals. Even bonded with a conflictor over it. Because of my need to remove barriers in contact, I struggle to establish closeness (as I see it) with sp-doms, who have very defined boundaries with regard to their relationships. So-firsts are also hard for me to get close to, as they see intimacy as either hazardous (so/sp) or as something I give too much focus to (so/sx).

From the perspective of an sx-dom, meeting other sx-doms is like being reunited with estranged family. No other instinct understands the ever-burning fire that plagues the soul of an sx-dom. There are times when each other's intensity is too much even for us, which gives way to a need for space. However, we often feed off each other's energy as well, coming to new insights and finding new passions.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Too much. Entirely too much. But occasionally really sexy.

this
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking RedVsGold's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As fierce arrows of a burning ember digging a waterfall of contested fissures and a spicy cradle of bench pressing and hourglass smashing with a deadly veil of loose sharp edges of an easily peaked Soul flooding the cake with an erotic bind of drama and avalanche.
    Raptor was Lugia through Erling Haaland Riley Halloween in 2023 vs Inter Milan, showing journals of impossible dialogues and colosseums of grand altitudes shocking pinch torrent gel and flash arcing clockwork folly and ageless triumph holding fuses of collections. Raptor defeated Sauron in 2006 by stopping Zidane Zapdos Zarathustra Tesla, ideas of oasis healing gifting sacred gems and envelopes of highlight stealth picturing raiment of claymores and seawater caliber psychic birds
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SX/So is the most identifiable in my experience. Out there and alluring, but inclusive. When ever I feel a spot light on me it's an inclusive Sx/So of some sort.

Sx/Sp to me are alluring as well. Like a lazer beam both these IVs tend to want to bring out the Sx animal in myself which I do welcome occasionally. The Catwomen to my Batman.

I end up coaching some of them and keeping them balanced through highs and lows, on some occasions more forcefully than others. A father figure to some, a hunt to others. To me they they range from insufferable to close friends.

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Clicks Shotgun*

Yup sounds about right on the boundaries thing. A good fence makes good neighbors, unless it's a romantic relationship.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Partly magnetism.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legit Sx firsts probably don't go around bragging about it since it is more of a curse than anything else. That makes you think about the quantity of people that believe themselves to be sx first. I've been recently watching the first three seasons of The Simpsons, and I noticed that Bart and Lisa are both Sx/sp and DCNH C; they're good examples of those types. Bart is probably 7w8 and Lisa is probably 4w3.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They rant a lot and like to test fate/live like they could die at any moment. They never wear condoms, do every drug, burn bridges, say exactly what they think, can completely upend on their lives on a whim, etc. They talk about catching “vibes” with people and have a new calling or life changing epiphany every other week
    Last edited by Averroes; 11-11-2021 at 03:25 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    They rant a lot and like to test fate/live like they could die at any moment. They never wear condoms, do every drug, get into fights, etc.

That sounds about right.

@Averroes, I was reading your description and thinking "That sounds like an incredibly stupid and reckless lifestyle."

And then I thought, "Wait a minute. That's me, and me, and me, and me again. WTF?"

I don't actually like to test fate, although that's what it might look like. I just like to do stuff, and it sometimes results in scars or broken bones. I broke my nose and the metatarsals in my foot, fractured my skull, have scars on my face and hands and left eye (yes, the eye doctor said my eyeball was scarred from a stupid accident in the woods) from various accidents and a long scar on my abdomen where my intestines popped out.

As for wearing condoms, I did a few times with the LSI but gave it up, and not otherwise. I've been incredibly lucky, except with that hotel maid in Alabama, and that was curable.

This picture is how sx/so feels, all the time: https://i.imgur.com/oqze4uB.jpg
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-11-2021 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    Legit Sx firsts probably don't go around bragging about it since it is more of a curse than anything else.
    ^This. Abso-fucking-loutely this.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 11-13-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclusion. As in, a lot of Sx firsts (particularly Sx/Sp) will show interest in a few people in the group and leave others out.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My machines tell me that I get an average of 5.9 hours of sleep per night.

Four hours is too little, and eight hours is way too much.

An ESI-Se whom I know, and who seems to sleep about 8-9 hours per day, said “Now I know why you drink so much coffee.”

I replied, “I just want to live every minute.”

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking RedVsGold's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sexual pop ups and windy cardinals make the showboating and flamboyant barn animals throw a wedgie into the song writer of the sexual first pure ocean entities of respiration and transformative mind shattering give the sexual a fluid animation.
    Raptor was Lugia through Erling Haaland Riley Halloween in 2023 vs Inter Milan, showing journals of impossible dialogues and colosseums of grand altitudes shocking pinch torrent gel and flash arcing clockwork folly and ageless triumph holding fuses of collections. Raptor defeated Sauron in 2006 by stopping Zidane Zapdos Zarathustra Tesla, ideas of oasis healing gifting sacred gems and envelopes of highlight stealth picturing raiment of claymores and seawater caliber psychic birds
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My machines tell me that I get an average of 5.9 hours of sleep per night.

Four hours is too little, and eight hours is way too much.

An ESI-Se whom I know, and who seems to sleep about 8-9 hours per day, said “Now I know why you drink so much coffee.”

I replied, “I just want to live every minute.”
    Adam, is that actually healthy? According to common wisdom, you need 7-9 hours of sleep.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Xerx, it probably is not healthy, but I just seem to wake up after having had 5.5 to 6.0 hours of sleep. No alarm needed.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    They rant a lot and like to test fate/live like they could die at any moment. They never wear condoms, do every drug, burn bridges, say exactly what they think, can completely upend on their lives on a whim, etc. They talk about catching “vibes” with people and have a new calling or life changing epiphany every other week
    I feel attacked
    @Adam, agreed that sleep feels like a waste of time. However I still find myself needing 7-8 hours for optimal functioning.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    I feel attacked
    @Adam, agreed that sleep feels like a waste of time. However I still find myself needing 7-8 hours for optimal functioning.
    @kingslayer, yes, sleep seems to be baked-in to life itself. Scientists have found that even extremely primitive animals seem to have resting periods. I'm not sure why this is the case, but it seems like we are stuck with sleep for the time being.

I suspect that it has something to do with debris cleanup, but I'm not sure.

For a long time, I wondered why most plants use green chlorophyll, when the solar maximum is at green light and plants reflect green light. It would seem that they could be made to instantly have a greater "food" supply if we genetically altered the chlorophyll they use to one which absorbs green light.
    But recent studies indicate that plant metabolism is not overloaded when it preferentially uses the dimmer red and blue parts of the spectrum. Evidently, if a leaf is subject to the on-again, off-again flickering light coming from an overhead leafy canopy, the plant's metabolism does this "bang! ON, bang! OFF" cycle, which is not good for the plant.

Nature opted for stabilization over efficiency in plant design, and as an sx-first, I can understand the appeal.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kingslayer, yes, sleep seems to be baked-in to life itself. Scientists have found that even extremely primitive animals seem to have resting periods. I'm not sure why this is the case, but it seems like we are stuck with sleep for the time being.

I suspect that it has something to do with debris cleanup, but I'm not sure.

For a long time, I wondered why most plants use green chlorophyll, when the solar maximum is at green light and plants reflect green light. It would seem that they could be made to instantly have a greater "food" supply if we genetically altered the chlorophyll they use to one which absorbs green light.
    But recent studies indicate that plant metabolism is not overloaded when it preferentially uses the dimmer red and blue parts of the spectrum. Evidently, if a leaf is subject to the on-again, off-again flickering light coming from an overhead leafy canopy, the plant's metabolism does this "bang! ON, bang! OFF" cycle, which is not good for the plant.

Nature opted for stabilization over efficiency in plant design, and as an sx-first, I can understand the appeal.
    From what I've learned, sleep is the brain cleaning itself or something along those lines. It needs 7-8 hours for an adult every night to properly clean itself or something along those lines. You can also catch up on lost sleep by sleeping more later on.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I'm probably this type but idk for sure. I'm not too familiar with instinct stackings.... I would say other people are either super turned on/charmed by us or they are morally disgusted by us and make us 'demonic' or 'evil/bad/wrong' etc. so they feel more self-righteous- which fits how most ppl real life seem to respond to me? lol. I think there is definitely a natural provocation, as much as I like when other people take me more neutrally, indifferently, or logically- I'm more of a love me or hate me type of guy. Hehe.