Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 61 of 61

Thread: type me again and again

  1. #41
    lilacwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Do you daydream? if yes how often?
    Yes, I do, but I don't know what do you mean by that! Daydreaming can be anything ranging from a simple "I wish this would happen" to imagining an entire new life. So it's hard to say exactly! But I do daydream often, as I currently don't have any obligations (jobless, on disability pension, planning to come back to university later this year).
    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Do you have a mental visual imaginary?
    I'm not sure what this means... When it comes to logic, I find it hard to imagine in my head. I rather have a way of understanding things/feeling the essence of something well, rather than it being visual. Sometimes it's an understanding that is way beyond words - I know what it is, I know what it means, but I cannot verbalize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Have you created imaginary worlds?

    Quite a few actually! But they are mostly based on real world counterparts or like, you know, something that is mine but it is still in the real world. I used to dream about ancient worlds when I was younger, when I had my huge ancient Egypt phase. It was fun!


    Quote Originally Posted by justalitnerdxx View Post
    Hey, I just thought I’d chime in. Hopefully my take helps even just a little (or may be more confusing!)

    So, I was typed by Gulenko as an IEI Harmonising. That said I have had others see me as EII or SEI so maybe my examples aren’t going to be the purest representation of an IEI as depicted in the community. I digress; my prediction powers are pretty flakey. Sometimes I see a worst case scenario and yup, jumped to the completely wrong conclusion. Or other times I can guess what is happening next or what is going on at the heart of matters, and I’m right. Either way, my mind is like orientated towards figuring out what is coming or what is really occurring. I think the “Ni is superpowers prediction skills. Psychics through and through” stereotype is really detrimental because it feels like a mental pressure that in order to be a “True Ni” you have to see visions come to life (and if the things you visualise and feel don’t come to pass then it means you can’t be Ni leads - which is with all due respect a lot of rubbish!!!) So I would suggest not to discount IEI because you feel inadequate at predicting events. Doesn’t mean you can’t be IEI if you feel that everything else fits.


    In terms of “getting” situations, for me personally it can either take me a time to get a grasp or I’ll pick it up immediately. But a bit like my point above, my mind is orientated to seek the “getting”. I’m not really sure though on how SEIs use Ni, or if any bonefide IEIs have a different take (I’ll always be seen as the budget 5 pence Diet Coke rip off Slim Brown Fizzy Soda �� and maybe not even IEI at all) But my understanding is that “getting” situations immediately is not a pre-requisite for IEI...
    I totally agree and I kind of feel what you're saying. Sometimes I can guess what the essence of a situation is, and I'm right more often or not, but it honestly happens way too rarely for me to actually consider that it might be my Ni1. It's more like happening from time to time, almost perfectly what a Ni3 is, at least to my understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by justalitnerdxx View Post
    In regards to poetry...well anyone can write and enjoy writing beautiful words! There’s some SEI writers online who write beautifully rich and profound works. It can be so tempting to take one anecdote like “terrible at writing poems” and applying it as being type relate, however that’s how you can get stuck in rabbit holes, finding new evidence and reasonings as to why you are or aren’t a type. I write some poems and short stories but I am so perfectionist with my writing and these days don’t write so much. I’ve always felt shy at sharing my work, but at the same time I recall as a child being so uplifted when a teacher or fellow students read my work and praised it. I write mostly for me, what I feel inspired to write, and I do hope others like my take but I don’t factor them in as the audience as such, not until it comes to me sharing my work and I’m like “please like my indulgent drivel!!!”
    Yeah my poetry in school years... it was terrible. I've always had problems with expressing myself, not that it was difficult for me to express myself, like, you know, to let the feelings go, but I couldn't really choose the words well enough for me to feel satisfied that I explored a certain area of my soul in a way that could make other people "get" what I wanted to convey. It's really difficult to find your own language of expression, and I even checked my natal astrological chart and I actually have a placement that "halts" the creativity in early years, but I am actually happy to say that in the recent few years I've been doing good in this regard. Sometimes I will write a poem because I just want to explore my own sensitivity in a way that makes me feel good and happy, because it is not only for pure leisure and fun, but also for like, you know, a certain type of inner growth and learning a lot about your own subconscious and the like. I love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by justalitnerdxx View Post
    Se; hmmm it’s so hard to understand right? I don’t know how to really explain my relationship to it well. I find it hard to push through and manifest motivation and plough on ahead. Just be, move, get things done, get life moving, be confident in asserting boundaries and mobilising others, telling them what needs to be done and how. It’s just all foreign to me. And I’ve made my peace with that, if that makes sense? I often feel physically detached from the moment, from reality. I wish I could be more dynamic and a part of events and just let go. I’d probably be a happier and less anxious person. But instead I seep into my own thoughts and feelings, going off on mental tangents in my mind and then snap back to reality for a second like “wait...how did I drive here???” Or “huh? Since when did the scaffold get removed?” (To which colleagues replied it was the night before the scaffolding went). Like I said, I’ve made peace with those flaws of mine, that I appear wishy washy and overly meek and mild at times. I know I can make concentrated efforts to assert boundaries, to be more proactive in my life. I know I won’t be the best at that stuff but that it’s ok. I’d rather not deal with it and have someone else take on those roles, but I have to trust in my own way I’ll be able to cope.

    although I have felt I was EII and maybe my relation to Se is more Polr than suggestive so maybe my take on Se is not really helpful, sorry.
    Nooo it is insanely helpful, don't feel so hard on yourself! I've always seen Se as something that is connected to your will, sometimes it's also about confidence but not in the fullest aspect of the word. I feel like pure Se is not only motivation, drive, will, but also a certain type of activity that you then use in your recreational time to add some meaning to it. I must say, that whenever my schedule is full of simple activities I feel at my happiest - because then I can also think of many different things and be alone with my own thoughts while doing it, or just enjoying the activity itself and finding a certain meaning in it. IDK how it translates to my ego functions, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by justalitnerdxx View Post
    I definitely agree that being interested in the new age/occult doesn’t equal Ni value!! I’ve heard of some SFs who like tarot for example because they like having a higher power to trust, rather than them having to think too much about.
    Yeah but like, you know - Tarot doesn't diminish the amount of thinking on a certain problem/subject/topic, it's rather... intensifying it! Sometimes you just read the cards over and over again because something is bugging you, which isn't a good strategy in the long run, but in the short run it also doesn't make sense because it's just dumb, lmao. My relationship with Tarot is that it's another tool for me to use to do self-therapy, make decisions, analyse a topic, sometimes predict the future... It's an amazing system. Although nowadays I am wayyy more into reading Lenormand, which is a more concrete and straight to the point type of divination - while Tarot can be used in many different ways because of its rich symbolism and freedom of interpretation, Lenormand is based on simple pictures that carry no esoteric baggage, so like Coffin means just Coffin and there's no like astrological counterpart or something like that (which technically Tarot also doesn't have in its core, because the astrological, kabbalistic, esoteric associations made with the cards were first introduced by 19th Century occultists - or that is what I remember from my extensive study of Tarot - when early Tarot decks, such as the Marseilles decks and so on only had the major arcana/trumps being influenced by the current political and religious climate of late medieval period early renaissance). When it comes to the higher powers - yeah I believe in many different things, but the easiest way for me to describe my own beliefs is to say I am pantheist, so I consider nature, Universe and Cosmos as God/Godhead. Damn I love that shit, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by justalitnerdxx View Post
    Best of luck with your typing journey. Like I said before, I was Gulenko typed as IEI-H although in Socionics circles have been suggested to be EII or SEI as an alternative; I’ve been told I have very Si vibes rather than Ni! But then again, there is a lot of bias in the circles in regards to Ni/Se being brutish and Si/Ne being soft bunnies
    Thank you so much! I kind of feel like I am more SEI than IEI but whatever. I might change my mind in the future, since it feels like most people here seem to agree that I am more Ni than Si.

  2. #42
    myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEI-H(Si)

    When you described what kind of help you wanted to get, all of the things you said points toward Se seeking.

  3. #43
    justalitnerdxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    TIM
    Type FML
    Posts
    325
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littleblackcloud View Post
    Thank you so much! I kind of feel like I am more SEI than IEI but whatever. I might change my mind in the future, since it feels like most people here seem to agree that I am more Ni than Si.
    To sound really cliched, I believe at the end of the day each of us knows in our hearts what feels like the right type, the best fit. It’s a case of being open minded to feedback yet also digging in deep inside to assess what the truth is or not. You sound like you have a good grasp on how SEI could be your best fit and works for you. It may seem so muddy now and confusing but hopefully in time you’ll figure it out (or you already have done!) best of luck

  4. #44
    myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justalitnerdxx View Post
    To sound really cliched, I believe at the end of the day each of us knows in our hearts what feels like the right type, the best fit. It’s a case of being open minded to feedback yet also digging in deep inside to assess what the truth is or not. You sound like you have a good grasp on how SEI could be your best fit and works for you. It may seem so muddy now and confusing but hopefully in time you’ll figure it out (or you already have done!) best of luck
    He is typing as IEI now, it is in his TIM

  5. #45
    lilacwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    He is typing as IEI now, it is in his TIM

    Actually I changed my mind, still SEI.

  6. #46
    myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littleblackcloud View Post
    Actually I changed my mind, still SEI.
    It is not in your TIM, so you can still change it


    VI-wise I actually don't think that you are definitely IEI or SEI. VI-wise both make sense.

    However, the fact that you somehow shift into IEI archetype after you changed your decision also says something, it gives additional points to IEI typing as your answers to my additional questions also suggests IEI.

    What changed your mind?

  7. #47
    myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    861
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @aster @justalitnerdxx Adding you guys in case, if you have a different opinion.

    Now it seems like I am opposing my own typing but I want to point out the distinction that I see between justalitnerdxx and littleblackcloud.

    justalitnerdxx's Fi and intuitive nature was more apparent to me. She seemed more gentle, while little blackcloud seem more joyful, however it could be due to dual subtype HC.

  8. #48
    lilacwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    What changed your mind?
    I thought about the "clubs" for a little while and came down to conclusion I am more in the SF club. I've always seen the NF club as people who are incredibly smart, creative, intuitive and inspiring, but lacking a certain "earthy" touch.

    When it comes to interests, I used to be very into literature, art, music, stuff like that - I still am but I prefer company of "new age" people now. They seem to be much more in touch with the fleeting nature of human existence, while the "art" crowd seems to me a little bit more self-indulgent.

  9. #49
    justalitnerdxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    TIM
    Type FML
    Posts
    325
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    @aster @justalitnerdxx Adding you guys in case, if you have a different opinion.

    Now it seems like I am opposing my own typing but I want to point out the distinction that I see between justalitnerdxx and littleblackcloud.

    justalitnerdxx's Fi and intuitive nature was more apparent to me. She seemed more gentle, while little blackcloud seem more joyful, however it could be due to dual subtype HC.
    that’s an interesting observation. I was only given the H subtype, no dual subtype. I’ve only seen another IEIs video (Maegan’s) who was typed Creative I think, and I would say they seemed so much more warm and joyful, very bubbly . So maybe it’s Creative energy that gives the joyful vibes

    That said, I’m not really sure on the IEI typing for me (certainly debatable in my opinion anyways).

  10. #50
    lilacwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well shit, I'm thinking maybe IEI makes sense for me. But I don't know, I need more people to comment on my type.

  11. #51
    lilacwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Help me, I'm IEI

  12. #52
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,969
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, I watched a bit of your video and I think you are an IEI-H.

    You have a dreamy expression which I associate with IEIs.

    From Filatova's book:
    https://uchebana5.ru/cont/1584259-p38.html
    https://uchebana5.ru/cont/1584259-p41.html

    Photo N° 396 (from the second link above) reminds me of your expression especially.

    I don't know what else to add, except that being drawn to a new age crowd over an art crowd for the reasons you stated does not indicate anything type-related to me. We have different needs at different times of our lives, and that includes the need for what we get from people. Also, IEI may be bad at predicting events. If my understanding is correct, it's ILI and EIE that are good at it (though I've seen ILI get predicitions wrong before, and downplay this). I don't think Ni equals some capacity for prophecy or anything. It tends towards predictions, yes, but isn't infalliable.

    Best of luck!
    Last edited by Uncle Ave; 06-21-2021 at 02:58 PM.
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

    ~Nietzsche

  13. #53
    lilacwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Hi, I watched a bit of your video and I think you are an IEI-H.

    You have a dreamy expression which I associate with IEIs.

    From Filatova's book:
    https://uchebana5.ru/cont/1584259-p38.html
    https://uchebana5.ru/cont/1584259-p41.html

    Photo N° 396 (from the second link above) reminds me of your expression especially.

    I don't know what else to add, except that being drawn to a new age crowd over an art crowd for the reasons you stated does not indicate anything type-related to me. We have different needs at different times of our lives, and that includes the need for what we get from people. Also, IEI may be bad at predicting events. If my understanding is correct, it's ILI and EIE that are good at it (though I've seen ILI get predicitions wrong before, and downplay this). I don't think Ni equals some capacity for prophecy or anything. It tends towards predictions, yes, but isn't infalliable.

    Best of luck!

    Thank you so much for this reply! I'm still not entirely sure what type am I. I am certain that I have Fe as my second function, but it's difficult to assess what's my base one. Maybe this is so ambiguous because I might be this IEI harmonizing subtype (IDK this theory yet, but I am assuming it's like saying IEI-Si). If I had to type myself through intertype relations, judging from my interactions with fellow SEIs I can say they are really pleasant, inspiring companions for various conversations, who are perfect to create something together - I'd ask them what they think of a track that I made, because their insights are really straight to the point and they point out various "unpleasantries" in art and the like. So it would make sense that I am a IEI and I have a business relation with them. Once again, some of my best friends are IEIs, with whom I have a lot in common. Maybe that's some food for thought
    My pronouns are they/them.
    Formerly known as littleblackcloud!

  14. #54
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,969
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilacwine View Post
    Thank you so much for this reply! I'm still not entirely sure what type am I. I am certain that I have Fe as my second function, but it's difficult to assess what's my base one. Maybe this is so ambiguous because I might be this IEI harmonizing subtype (IDK this theory yet, but I am assuming it's like saying IEI-Si). If I had to type myself through intertype relations, judging from my interactions with fellow SEIs I can say they are really pleasant, inspiring companions for various conversations, who are perfect to create something together - I'd ask them what they think of a track that I made, because their insights are really straight to the point and they point out various "unpleasantries" in art and the like. So it would make sense that I am a IEI and I have a business relation with them. Once again, some of my best friends are IEIs, with whom I have a lot in common. Maybe that's some food for thought

    You're most welcome!

    IEI-Harmonizing refers to DCNH theory. Gulenko talks about how the psyche is layered like a "pie" in three levels: the type, the subtype, and the functional emphasis. https://socioniks.net/article/?id=8 So the Harmonizing subtype would refer to the second level, whereas Si emphasis to the third level.

    I'm not sure what else to add that would be helpful...checking your relations with others (when you know their type) can be useful...how do you feel about people from the various quadras?
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

    ~Nietzsche

  15. #55
    lilacwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    You're most welcome!

    IEI-Harmonizing refers to DCNH theory. Gulenko talks about how the psyche is layered like a "pie" in three levels: the type, the subtype, and the functional emphasis. https://socioniks.net/article/?id=8 So the Harmonizing subtype would refer to the second level, whereas Si emphasis to the third level.

    I'm not sure what else to add that would be helpful...checking your relations with others (when you know their type) can be useful...how do you feel about people from the various quadras?
    Like I said before - most of the time I feel at home when talking to IEIs or ILIs, and I see SEIs usually as pleasant companions for conversations, but they're a bit too shallow. Sometimes they just don't get things about life and the like but when it comes to exchange of emotional reactions or talking about common interests it's amazing. Although I should be "supervising" ESE, which my therapist is one, she really helps me. I think Donnaleigh de la Rose is also a ESE-Fe, and her teachings about Lenormand and Tarot on her youtube channel helped me a ton. So, I'm not entirely sure. I usually see Se-ego people as quite scary and menacing, but they are very helpful in practical matters (which is also how I see the ST club) and can "protect" and "fight for me" when I know the argument with someone isn't going anywhere. But that could also be a weak Ne (coming back to SEI typing) and that I cannot understand the situation too well and cannot argue with people on that.

    It's all so damn confusing but now that I think of it, I definitely see delta NF as prudes, people who could gain a lot of different and meaningful experiences, provided if they stopped caring about judging other people and making assumptions about them. A lot of them are also really goofy and not too serious, which is kinda annoying, but I see what they are coming from. They are also very idealistic people, with great values and virtues, but no one should be taking care of that stuff for too long, because it's better to take care of yourself and do personal work that doesn't involve that annoying-ass preaching they always seem to do. I like SLIs when there's some distance in communication, they seem to be very practical and business-oriented people who possess a great sense of harmony and smartness in their projects and the like. My interactions with LSEs has always been painful, but I thought it was because they were supervising me, because sometimes I feel like they want to pinpoint my various mishaps. I also feel like their Fe3 is one dimensional and they never know how to "fit in" when it comes to emotional atmosphere and exchanging life experiences with other people. They're just so freaking clueless and the only thing they know they need to do is to work on their ideals and take care of their careers. I hate Te so fucking much ugh. lmfao.

    Anything else? I'd answer more questions if you have any.
    My pronouns are they/them.
    Formerly known as littleblackcloud!

  16. #56
    Endless possibilities Megatrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Cosmos
    TIM
    ENFP
    Posts
    623
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not IEI
    Probably IEE (Ne base and Fe creative of course)
    If you were to type yourself by the basic dichotomies what type would that turn out to be?
    self-discovery
    self-development
    optimism
    relationships
    communication
    high ideals

  17. #57
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,969
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilacwine View Post
    Like I said before - most of the time I feel at home when talking to IEIs or ILIs, and I see SEIs usually as pleasant companions for conversations, but they're a bit too shallow. Sometimes they just don't get things about life and the like but when it comes to exchange of emotional reactions or talking about common interests it's amazing. Although I should be "supervising" ESE, which my therapist is one, she really helps me. I think Donnaleigh de la Rose is also a ESE-Fe, and her teachings about Lenormand and Tarot on her youtube channel helped me a ton. So, I'm not entirely sure. I usually see Se-ego people as quite scary and menacing, but they are very helpful in practical matters (which is also how I see the ST club) and can "protect" and "fight for me" when I know the argument with someone isn't going anywhere. But that could also be a weak Ne (coming back to SEI typing) and that I cannot understand the situation too well and cannot argue with people on that.

    It's all so damn confusing but now that I think of it, I definitely see delta NF as prudes, people who could gain a lot of different and meaningful experiences, provided if they stopped caring about judging other people and making assumptions about them. A lot of them are also really goofy and not too serious, which is kinda annoying, but I see what they are coming from. They are also very idealistic people, with great values and virtues, but no one should be taking care of that stuff for too long, because it's better to take care of yourself and do personal work that doesn't involve that annoying-ass preaching they always seem to do. I like SLIs when there's some distance in communication, they seem to be very practical and business-oriented people who possess a great sense of harmony and smartness in their projects and the like. My interactions with LSEs has always been painful, but I thought it was because they were supervising me, because sometimes I feel like they want to pinpoint my various mishaps. I also feel like their Fe3 is one dimensional and they never know how to "fit in" when it comes to emotional atmosphere and exchanging life experiences with other people. They're just so freaking clueless and the only thing they know they need to do is to work on their ideals and take care of their careers. I hate Te so fucking much ugh. lmfao.
    I see. Sounds like you have a bit of trouble with delta? I do think it's possible to be helped by one's supervisee, especially if they are your therapist, doctor etc. That is their job after all. Tbh I never fully understood how asymetrical relations were supposed to be asymetrical lol.


    Anything else? I'd answer more questions if you have any.
    Sure! I reiteriate Megatrop's question about basic dichotomies. How do you relate to those? Those can often be useful I find, come back to basics.

    Also, this one may be a bit strange, but do you view the world (especially society I should say) as a dangerous place? Do you see potential competitions, social dangers etc, threats etc? Or is your overall view more chill?
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

    ~Nietzsche

  18. #58
    lilacwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When it comes to dichotomies - I refuse to look at the Positive/Negative, because I feel like these in Socionics are an entirely different thing than the "usual" positive and negative people in the real world. I think I might be Asking, because I am much more interested in dialogues and I always want to hear who I am talking to wants to say. I am more Farsighted I think, because I always want to prepare before doing something and I judge things through my intuition and experiences. I'm Yielding because I don't simply care if I disagree with someone, I never impose my views on other people. I'm also Emotivist. Probably Result dichotomy. About the other dichotomies, I'm not entirely sure.

    Hm, the world for me is a place of endless possibilities... But there are also processes and changes that are going on in it that are either out of humanity's control or are caused by them. I don't really see any competition in where I see myself in the world in the future, maybe if I decided to leaern 3D design (which I've come up recently after looking at job ads on a site seeing that a company is looking for a 3D designer and I thought it could be a very lucrative way to work that could also enable me to be creative, as not only I would work at some game studio/business company/etc but I would also have my own "studio" where I would do freelance work for artists making music videos in Blender and the like), then I could see competition from people who went to university/school for that and who been doing that for years now. To be honest I don't also see any threats, it's always "slipping" from my mind - the only way I could see something as a threat is when I think of the future when I move out and I have nowhere to go, with no job, etc. That is quite scary to me. But overall, I'm more chill than anything lol.
    My pronouns are they/them.
    Formerly known as littleblackcloud!

  19. #59
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,969
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilacwine View Post
    When it comes to dichotomies - I refuse to look at the Positive/Negative, because I feel like these in Socionics are an entirely different thing than the "usual" positive and negative people in the real world. I think I might be Asking, because I am much more interested in dialogues and I always want to hear who I am talking to wants to say. I am more Farsighted I think, because I always want to prepare before doing something and I judge things through my intuition and experiences. I'm Yielding because I don't simply care if I disagree with someone, I never impose my views on other people. I'm also Emotivist. Probably Result dichotomy. About the other dichotomies, I'm not entirely sure.
    I see. I don't really use Reinin's dichotomies personally though, I was referring more to the Jungian dichotomies.

    The next question I asked was to ascertain whether you belong to central (beta/gamma) or peripheral quadras (alpha/delta).

    Hm, the world for me is a place of endless possibilities... But there are also processes and changes that are going on in it that are either out of humanity's control or are caused by them. I don't really see any competition in where I see myself in the world in the future, maybe if I decided to leaern 3D design (which I've come up recently after looking at job ads on a site seeing that a company is looking for a 3D designer and I thought it could be a very lucrative way to work that could also enable me to be creative, as not only I would work at some game studio/business company/etc but I would also have my own "studio" where I would do freelance work for artists making music videos in Blender and the like), then I could see competition from people who went to university/school for that and who been doing that for years now. To be honest I don't also see any threats, it's always "slipping" from my mind - the only way I could see something as a threat is when I think of the future when I move out and I have nowhere to go, with no job, etc. That is quite scary to me. But overall, I'm more chill than anything lol.
    The way you answered leads to me to think you are actually peripheral, not central.

    Here Timur Protskiy talks about the difference between central and peripheral quadras:

    https://youtu.be/bXSY7s0HeX0?list=PL...DfaSLzctX&t=83

    Central quadras see threats. The way you worry about the future for financial reasons doesn't seem sufficient to be central at all. I'm from a central quadra for example, and I've always been very hyper-attunded to threats, real or imaginary. I've become more chill with age, also with socionics and with knowing not everyone is like this...but even though I can learn to be a bit more chill, I can't really tune out the sense that there are threats, since it is rooted in valued Se. Based on what you answered here, you do not seem to have that.

    So I don't think you are IEI after all, SEI makes more sense in the end, if I'm choosing between those two .
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

    ~Nietzsche

  20. #60
    lilacwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is making me even more confused LMFAO. But thanks! I have been thinking also if I am IEE as well but tbh SEI is the best bet at least for me. Have you been thinking about other types for me?
    My pronouns are they/them.
    Formerly known as littleblackcloud!

  21. #61
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,969
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lol sorry about the confusion...I guess I'm confused myself. I don't think forums like this are the best place to get typed. People mean well and try to help, but often don't have experience typing people systematically and with a consistent method. And yes, that includes me lol.

    Tbh I was thinking SEI or ESE. You do seem open when expressing your emotions. To me it always feels like IEEs are not fully "themsleves" emotionally. For example, they mainly express constructive emotions, and not the negative ones. Like their goal is to help others, not so much to be "natural" in their emotions.

    So I would guess Fe ego, but the way you described viewing threats seems to me to exclude beta.
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

    ~Nietzsche

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •