Thread: Duals: Love and Hate

TIM
    ESI?
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    thanks, it was kinda strange to read that Si lead would enjoy "tormenting the object of their affection" or receive "greater emotional incandescence."

On the other hand, Strat says that Ni leads can torment others, having lived with IEI I could agree.
    Having lived around several humans, I can say that most of them like tormenting others. It's often disguised though.

TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Having lived around several humans, I can say that most of them like tormenting others. It's often disguised though.
    yes people are evil.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes people are evil.
    not u, u are best mom

TIM
    ISFp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, it was kinda strange to read that Si lead would enjoy "tormenting the object of their affection" or receive "greater emotional incandescence."
    If I remember correctly, Strat wrote SLIs have a tendency to train their partner with the disappearances and get elated when they are forgiven for their semighosting, since it means their training is yielding results. I thought ‘whoa, what a douche’ at first, but then understood that I do something similar and get the feeling that I’m training people in the way I behave and talk when people question what I consider my freedom.

On the other hand, Strat says that Ni leads can torment others, having lived with IEI I could agree.
    Can you expand on this?

Duality is reality. Socionics is not Megatrop's Avatar
    TIM
    FeNe :0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I like ESEs from a distance. I don't think I want to marry one. I'd like a partner who can interest me, and ESEs just don't usually do that for me.

Re. semi-duality, I could see myself with an EIE. I've never been in a relationship with one before, but I've known and been friends with a few, and my experience is that I tend to either really like them or really dislike them, and the ones I like I don't have any real problems with -- I don't relate to the "getting burned" description. Maybe it would be different in a relationship.

Or maybe I've got my type wrong. The most common other typing for me is EII, but if either description in the OP is right, that's one type I could rule out: I'm not at all attracted to LIEs; they don't interest me at all, and as for LSEs, I tend to get along with them well: I often like them, and they often seem to like me, but I don't think there's any sort of love-hate dynamic.
    You seem to value Fi. Your descriptions of ESE makes sense for Mirage in my opinion, but I'm not 100% sure because I don't know you well enough.

TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    If I remember correctly, Strat wrote SLIs have a tendency to train their partner with the disappearances and get elated when they are forgiven for their semighosting, since it means their training is yielding results. I thought ‘whoa, what a douche’ at first, but then understood that I do something similar and get the feeling that I’m training people in the way I behave and talk when people question what I consider my freedom.

It'd be interesting to read the quote.

Can you expand on this?
    expand on what, my experience or Strat's?

TIM
    ISFp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'd be interesting to read the quote.
    It's on socionika-forever, which I believe is Strat's. Select SLI and read the relationship interactions for the type. You might get and odd sentences or two if you have to translate the articles, but the idea that this is SLI behavior is hammered enough to get the picture Strat has of the type.

expand on what, my experience or Strat's?
    Your experience with Ni.

TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    It's on socionika-forever, which I believe is Strat's. Select SLI and read the relationship interactions for the type. You might get and odd sentences or two if you have to translate the articles, but the idea that this is SLI behavior is hammered enough to get the picture Strat has of the type.
    I know, but I don't remember reading anything about SLI training their partners.

Your experience with Ni.
    I'll pm you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12