Thread: How much should I sell a Gaming PC I intend to build spending 1,000 dollars?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How much should I sell a Gaming PC I intend to build spending 1,000 dollars?

I want to start a business.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might be able to sell it for $800.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows included?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trashman View Post
    Windows included?
    Yes.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, where i live, if you build a computer with parts worth 1000 dollars, the the most you could sell it for is like 1200 dollars i think, 1100 dollars probably more reasonable, i dont think its very profitable as a private person unless you start building from used/refurbished parts. i guess it depends on how scummy you want to be too, many private persons who sell computers take advantage of the fact that many of their customers don't know a whole lot about computers. i'd prefer the honest route personally.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, where i live, if you build a computer with parts worth 1000 dollars, the the most you could sell it for is like 1200 dollars i think, 1100 dollars probably more reasonable, i dont think its very profitable as a private person unless you start building from used/refurbished parts. i guess it depends on how scummy you want to be too, many private persons who sell computers take advantage of the fact that many of their customers don't know a whole lot about computers. i'd prefer the honest route personally.
    I found a way to build it for less, hopefully that should be a better start. thanks for the tip.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's good to study the business which you are interested.
    One of ways is to find the ones who does the similar already, for long and with good profit. Try to become their helper or business partner to understand how to do it.
    If you never did alike before and good, then without good preparation you are doubtful to get acceptable money. You may spend more than to get.

There are better places to ask about kinds of business than psychology forums.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not to discourage you, but before you can sell a gaming pc for profit, you need a reputation first. Potential customers need to trust you, and this is totally right of them since it's their money they are submitting.
    @Misfit Have you ever built a pc before? Do you know what components are what? Do you have any experience with IT and hardware? Do you know what it takes from a legal standpoint to start a business in your country? Do you know the market and your competitors? Is this something you are willing to invest your time and money in, potentially all of it?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As far as building a pc from new parts, customers are essentially gonna be paying the difference for the service ( assembling the pc) and not the parts. Given that you can buy a new pc on the market anyways, assembled in a factory by a (usually) trusted manufacturer, your assembly service has to be at least as good, and even if it is as good, you will have to charge less to sell without a good advertising campaign (which costs money too) because people will need a good reason to go to you and not to the competition. So even if you're selling for profit, it won't be much, yeah.

(to the OP) I agree with Sol that the best route to go if you are motivated but inexperienced is to work for someone in the business and see how they do things, before you start your own business. If this is something you are committed to, OP, it might be worth it. Best of luck.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is quite puzzling to me to sell this advanced hw to somewhat able customers. From business standpoint I think helping the helpless via personal service might be more profitable in long term if you can provide the help. You might even save their money by really streamlining their needs - win-win situation.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

That's a cool idea for a business! The price you can ask for depends on the specs and components you choose. If you're using high-end gear, you could sell it for a bit more. But make sure to factor in your time and labor costs, too. Also, I came across this bot that finds awesome stuff for seniors (but honestly, it's a goldmine for anyone). Check it out at https://seniorsbot.com/guide – it's pretty neat!
    Last edited by Trallalant; 02-05-2024 at 02:22 PM.