Hybrid View

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Catherine the Great (of Russia)

She was definitely an extravert and member of the NT Researcher Club. I was thinking ILE-Ti because her husband, Peter III, seemed like an ESI-Fi and they conflicted with each other. She was aggressive like an LIE, but are LIE women ever that powerful and prudent and good at being leaders? I don't think so. And there are plenty of ILE-Ti who are aggressive and power seeking and good at being powerful (Se is their role function)... strong, dominant ILE-Ti leader women give me so many erections even more than ones who aren't leaders (Kimberly Kane is one such sexy dominant, aggressive ILE-Ti who has lead groups; some people might not think ILE-Ti can be really aggressive and domineering since they're members of the Alpha Quadra but ILE-Ti women can be quite domineering and even violent; they're pretty frequent among psychiatric nurses; if ILE-Ti women are left handed that may strengthen their anger and make them more willing to be confrontational, like initiating confrontations). I'm open to LIE for her type, but it doesn't seem super likely.

WSS lists her as SEE, but I don't think SEE are ever as technical as she was.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might take awhile to get an answer to this because a lot of us don't know much about her. Someone will eventually respond who knows her as well as Socionics typing. In what way did you learn of her? I watched Ekaterina on Netflix, and on the show I saw her as SEE also. I remember thinking, that is why a certain SEE woman I know is so passionate about "historical royalty" but actually it's fictionalized dramas of historical royalty she reads and watches, not history, and she would love that role as portrayed in novels and movies of the royalty. So it's fantasy for her. Nothing wrong with fantasy but it's not reality. The movies with all their richness and the royal person as the center of all attention and everyone bowing to their needs and whims, with all their duties and merely just their presence always deemed as important to everyone, and no cooking and cleaning or laundry, but lots of great clothes to wear that turn everyone's eye, and your very words sending everyone in motion around you. So yes, Catherine the Great in Ekaterina I identified as a SEE while I was watching it. But that is movie drama, historical fiction, and not meant to be accurate in portrayal, even though based on historical happenings dates folks know, but instead, is designed to draw you in and delight you with drama. Her real type, having not read real history on her, I have no idea.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't think she valued - she was quite a Machiavellian person. I mean, she murdered her husband in all probability apart from anything else.

SLE is what I last typed her as, although she was often innovative and meritocratic for her time, so I could believe LIE, ILE, or LSE. If you adhere to "classical Socionics" though, you probably won't type her as a Si-valuing type.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.idrlabs.com/quotes/catherine-the-great.php

They giver her an NT badge here, including Keirsey

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement