Thread: are there any base function subtypes that make more original things than the creative function subtypes of the same type?

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default are there any base function subtypes that make more original things than the creative function subtypes of the same type?

it doesn't seem like it to me.

i think it's because the base function subtypes verbalize reality more while the creative function subtypes experience reality more. people who verbalize things are generally less original both verbally and when it comes to making things.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

there are no subtypes in socionics

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    there are no subtypes in socionics
    You keep saying this but I've noticed glaring differences between someone with, say, Pavarotti's inclinations in personality and myself. How do you account for that?

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    You keep saying this but I've noticed glaring differences between someone with, say, Pavarotti's inclinations in personality and myself. How do you account for that?
    It probably exists on a spectrum so you would be somewhere in between the two subtypes and are able to move along it somewhat. Enneagram type/tritype/stacks can help you to understand your creative side more and explore it. As there are several subtypes it can be clearer to see what part of the descriptions you relate to than with socionics. Also a lot of it crosses over. I have also wondered if being base subtype means I’m less creative but ultimately that hasn’t stopped me wanting to create and get better/good at making art. If you feel like a creative person deep down, then you probably are. And you will only ‘get good’ at it if you can find the motivation to do it and keep improving

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most creative subtypes are often the Harmonizing and the Creative subtype. The Creative subtype is creative on all levels, it can be about anything, like telling stories in a bar to unknown people. Doing random new things. The Harmonizer is good with aesthetics.

Dominants and Normalizers can also be creative people, but not by nature of their subtype like is the case with the Creative subtype.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 07-31-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the more strenght a function has - the more useful new (original) it may do