I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Each side of the same coin usually have different tastes"

It is interesting how the description of (introverted vs extroverted) experience can have an incredible impact/difference in how it's received by me (and other people as well).
    For example, take two people who are oriented at describing their physical experience, one of them is introverted and the other is extroverted.
    My experience tells me that the extroverted describes objective aspects of the sensory experience (Se types), which I tend to receive with negativism or boredom, but the introverted will describe the subjective aspects of the same experience, which I tend to receive with pleasure/grace. But, even though both are discussing about a topic that I usually find uninteresting overall,the fact that the person is introverted makes me want to hear more about it. I'm wondering what's wrong with someone giving me raw information about the physical world, if we are immersed in it, so there should be no problem in talking about it. But I guess maybe there should be other objects in the material world which should receive more attention than the ones I'm receiving information at the time, whereas the subjective experience is something that I probably don't know about it's existence until I hear it, so it's more easily received/accepted.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

licking coins is not recommended.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tommy chocolate coins?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    It is interesting how the description of (introverted vs extroverted) experience can have an incredible impact/difference in how it's received by me (and other people as well).
    For example, take two people who are oriented at describing their physical experience, one of them is introverted and the other is extroverted.
    My experience tells me that the extroverted describes objective aspects of the sensory experience (Se types), which I tend to receive with negativism or boredom, but the introverted will describe the subjective aspects of the same experience, which I tend to receive with pleasure/grace. But, even though both are discussing about a topic that I usually find uninteresting overall,the fact that the person is introverted makes me want to hear more about it. I'm wondering what's wrong with someone giving me raw information about the physical world, if we are immersed in it, so there should be no problem in talking about it. But I guess maybe there should be other objects in the material world which should receive more attention than the ones I'm receiving information at the time, whereas the subjective experience is something that I probably don't know about it's existence until I hear it, so it's more easily received/accepted.
    Idk if I completely understood what you wrote.. but it makes me think of the nature of the ignoring function is. As a Ni base I am in theory dismissive of Ne matters, and I have noticed this in practice.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    @Tommy chocolate coins?
    there exist chocolate coins with two different flavors?

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    @Tommy chocolate coins?

Idk if I completely understood what you wrote.. but it makes me think of the nature of the ignoring function is. As a Ni base I am in theory dismissive of Ne matters, and I have noticed this in practice.
    You got it halfway I think. This also applies to the ignoring function, but my point is that two people can have the same "vocabulary" but convey information in completely different ways in day-to-day matters, so that although they are similar, the essence of the information is different. The only perceived difference is how I am impacted by such information.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    licking coins is not recommended.
    I know you're joking, but what If you are forced to lick them anyway? That's what I've been through.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know you're joking, but what If you are forced to lick them anyway? That's what I've been through.
    wash it before doing it until both sides taste the same.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    there exist chocolate coins with two different flavors?
    if not, i guess it's time to invent some

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well people are usually attracted to opposites and people different from them because it is good for their immune system - although I still feel like that sort of thing doesn't really last in a subjective sense, and it's just a heterosexual biological gaslight to get us to populate the human species, and to make us as strong as possible objectively. The true nature of love tho is beyond duality, it's spiritual One-ness (not to be confused with sameness or boring-ness but that is how the Ego often perceives it)

Anyway I like extroverts in the sense that they cover up certain weaknesses and are incapable of delving deeply into stuff that I'm sensitive about. Contrast to introverts, they are usually more relateable but they have a tendency to pry or see through me and know how to get under my skin. (usually in a bad way but not always) If an extrovert hurts my feelings, it feels more natural and spontaneous and not so intentional. You know, like second-degree manslaughter instead of first-degree murder. The deliberate-ness of introverts is creepy and weird. (I know cuz I'm an introvert lol) If the extrovert is completely misunderstanding me tho, that is annoying and I just want to kill them too. I guess tho that's kind of like what Conflicting realtionships are, in a pure vague sense.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Well people are usually attracted to opposites and people different from them because it is good for their immune system - although I still feel like that sort of thing doesn't really last in a subjective sense, and it's just a heterosexual biological gaslight to get us to populate the human species, and to make us as strong as possible objectively. The true nature of love tho is beyond duality, it's spiritual One-ness (not to be confused with sameness or boring-ness but that is how the Ego often perceives it)

Anyway I like extroverts in the sense that they cover up certain weaknesses and are incapable of delving deeply into stuff that I'm sensitive about. Contrast to introverts, they are usually more relateable but they have a tendency to pry or see through me and know how to get under my skin. (usually in a bad way but not always) If an extrovert hurts my feelings, it feels more natural and spontaneous and not so intentional. You know, like second-degree manslaughter instead of first-degree murder. The deliberate-ness of introverts is creepy and weird. (I know cuz I'm an introvert lol) If the extrovert is completely misunderstanding me tho, that is annoying and I just want to kill them too. I guess tho that's kind of like what Conflicting realtionships are, in a pure vague sense.
    In my experience, like repels unlike, like attracts like, and living too long almost exclusively among unlikes will boil one over with feral killing rage. I've had enough exposure to unlikes to last a lifetime, but likes are all too elusive.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not sure what you’re wondering about. Too much of the same info that you already know is “extra” while you unconsciously know that on top of too much unnecessary info, you’re also not getting the missing info/coverage of a perspective you need. It’s like pouring more and more water over an already full sponge. Getting wetter and wetter is not gonna help it. That’s what she said.