Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESIs who think marriage is gay, stupid, and should be abolished

Default ESIs who think marriage is gay, stupid, and should be abolished

please state your name and the day and time you'd like to exchange your type for another one, because you don't exist.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which ESI rejected your marriage proposal?

Also LOL at calling marriage "gay". It's so ironic, considering the same-sex marriage issues.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

OK. The guardians of the socion...
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently know 4 ESI men who have this mindset. I think it has to do with their Ne Painful more than anything. And they keep looking for "the one". A kind of idealistic outlook on relations which might leave them lonely in their old age

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think marriage is stupid, and that's why i never really supported gay marriage after high school, i didn't see the need for anyone to get married so i was like "it's just marriage, why the hell does anyone care?"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

J types prefer long relations.
    In average and majority case the theory should work. But it's not about all possible cases.

There can be reasons besides Jung types what may influence to avoid marriages.
    For example, the lack of trust to people - that it's low possibly a man will not be cheating, will not leave, will keep good emotions for long, will cooperate acceptably to support needs of both. To protect from such, some people may avoid strong emotions and relations where they depend significantly from others.
    Mainly marriages are made because of emotional wish to be with other one. To have deep emotions of loving, friendship may be harder by different reasons and those people have lesser interest to long and close relations as marriages.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think the cost/benefit of marriage as opposed to long term cohabitation is questionable and ambiguous when considering things like a nice wedding ceremony and honeymoon versus tax benefits etc, I dunno about all that math, and since it's almost never used these days as an unofficial license for sex it otherwise seems to just be a way of bestowing subjective value upon the participants. Anyway, I have a lot of thoughts, lol, many personal (I was consoling my boyfriend who was distraught about the recent consequences of not marrying me the other day, which is contributing to this thought dump. Healthcare directives are important if someone you love is at risk of being handed to someone with bad intentions while vulnerable, by the way!)

In short, lol, ESI here and it's not the be all end all and also not GAY. Does anybody think it should be abolished? Is that a thing? Weird.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know an ESI-Se who is gay but not married. I should ask her what her thoughts on marriage are. Lol.

Her SEE-IEI parents just got a divorce, so she might be biased right now.

I get the sense that she wouldn’t want to be married to anyone because she’s e6w7, but I really don’t know what she thinks about that. Her first GF was an SLE, and now she's with an Identical. It might take some time before she runs out of every bad option.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-30-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Even though many can be door-mats, more than a few ESIs are selfish in that they want things on their schedule and on their terms. Some use marriage as a mechanism to further their own objectives but then live separate and apart (mentally) from their spouses. Many self-sufficient ESIs prefer to have partners who are on-call rather than live-in.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It also just occurred to me that I know a male ESI who is gay and is with an ILI. I've known this guy for nine years. He's a great guy. I think he wishes that I were gay. Lol.
    He's with the ILI because the ILI is his best option. He's not ecstatic about it.

This ESI is about the worst long-term planner that I know. He has a PhD and no retirement savings and still lives in an apt despite moving to the States from Germany twenty years ago.

Maybe, as @Zero said, this is some kind of Ne-painful commitment-phobia. ESI's either jump at the first rabbit that catches their eye, or they think think think it to death and end up doing nothing. Analysis paralysis.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-30-2020 at 02:55 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Even though many can be door-mats, more than a few ESIs are selfish in that they want things on their schedule and on their terms. Some use marriage as a mechanism to further their own objectives but then live separate and apart (mentally) from their spouses. Many self-sufficient ESIs prefer to have partners who are on-call rather than live-in.

a.k.a. I/O
    @Rebelondeck, I hate to say this, but when I'm not with a long-term permanent partner, I think I devolve to wanting a GF who is on-call. I'm not happy about this side of myself, either. It basically indicates that I will compromise my values just for sex and entertainment. For a while, at least.

Maybe that's the approach those ESI's you spoke of are taking.

I think the thing I worry about in relationships is, "Does this woman really love me?" Weirdly enough, in discussions with that above-mentioned gay ESI-Se 6w7 about the art that I sometimes buy from her, she seems to have a lot of concerns about whether I like it or not. Really, really like it, she means. Like it from my heart, with all my heart, forever and ever.
    God, I bought it, didn't I? Settle down, bitch.*

Fuck, maybe undualized Duals share the same fears.

If she wants forever loyalty, she should get my sperm inside her body.

I was talking to my lawyer about changing my will, because the ex got her share already. Split equally among the women I've had sex with. There should be some compensation for that. Lol.

He suggested that I give this some thought. I said, That's my intention, if my son doesn't have kids and I don't get remarried.
    He said, Think about it.

Fuck, what does he know? He's been divorced three times.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-30-2020 at 03:24 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if they have nothing to lose from not being married, of course they prefer not to. The point is with most Te dominants you will have a lot to lose since they use the external laws as basis for our behavior. Basically a non-married Te dominant would think it's fine to go and have sex with other men or women whereas a married one would think it's forbidden.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well if they have nothing to lose from not being married, of course they prefer not to. The point is with most Te dominants you will have a lot to lose since they use the external laws as basis for our behavior. Basically a non-married Te dominant would think it's fine to go and have sex with other men or women whereas a married one would think it's forbidden.
    I completely agree with that, @FDG. It is exactly how I think and how I operate.

When I was married, I didn't consider other women. Not for a split second, even though there were some pretty direct offers. Cheating just was not on the table of options.

OTOH, when I was dating, I was non-exclusive and told the women that. Just to be clear.

Gamma. The Contract Quadrant.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-30-2020 at 03:18 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought it was a bit silly personally how gay activists pushed the gay marriage issue because I never cared for it. It seemed like most gay activism was about the right to be a boring and conservative str8 person (the right to join the military openly, the right to be married, the right to be an asshole masculine conservative douche but still like dick etc) rather than true queer liberation. But I guess somebody tried to explain to me that it was about the principal of the matter and that all other issues somehow magically stemmed from the gay marriage thing. I still never really got it but whatever. It's legal now right so who cares.

Gay or straight tho I just watched something on the boring Te-valuing Delta news about how most marriages are down by like 38% or something? (I forgot the exact number okay but it was pretty big) That didn't really surprise me or anything, I mean- getting married DOES leave you open to being backstabbed financially by a bitter spouse if it doesn't work out. Why risk that? 'lol you pissed me off in the Fi way now out of revenge I'm going to get my lawyer and take half of what you own!' Whereas... if they never got married in the first place the single person could still keep all their stuff right. (as long as they weren't stupid or naive enough to get other joint account crap)

There are also benefits sure but I think the downsides have outweighed the good. Why would anybody want to put up with the heartless business Te crap of marriage if it wasn't part of their normal job lol. Even when Te is not ur polr it seems wise to just avoid it. Most of today's society pays more attention to the negative than positive anyway. I think something has to be REALLY good to even be 'good' or that some ppl want to get involved in because, it's too easy nowadays to just look at the dark of everything.

(btw I didn't mean to imply a Fi valuer would file for divorce more than a Fe valuer would sorry, I just think it's kind of a Fi-ish thing to me)
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 07-01-2020 at 05:08 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Most women now have more options in life than just marriage.

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle."

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread

a.k.a. I/O
    LOL ESI doormats..

Paul Teutul Sr. is ESI. e_e you don't mess with Fi-Se..

Last edited by SGF; 07-01-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@shotgunfingers Yes, I've met many who simply saluted and did what they were told even though, deep down, they didn't like it; now, some brave souls would try to subvert the order if they thought they could get away with it. Ijs tend to know which side of the bread the butter is on. With the simmering rage, that person's behaviour seems more Ip-like (SXI?) than Ij but I wouldn't trust my typing of public personas because I don't know how much of it is put on for the camera.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@shotgunfingers Yes, I've met many who simply saluted and did what they were told even though, deep down, they didn't like it; now, some brave souls would try to subvert the order if they thought they could get away with it. Ijs tend to know which side of the bread the butter is on. With the simmering rage, that person's behaviour seems more Ip-like (SXI?) than Ij but I wouldn't trust my typing of public personas because I don't know how much of it is put on for the camera.

a.k.a. I/O
    His book is so damn Fi-Se. Otherwise you wouldn't guess, yeah. How he runs his business is very ESI.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    His book is so damn Fi-Se......
    Did he write it himself - or did a ghostwriter help him? Does he have an accountant who advises him?

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did he write it himself - or did a ghostwriter help him? Does he have an accountant who advises him?

a.k.a. I/O
    Lets just say the old man has strong values according to which he runs his business and an equally strong moral backbone. He seems to care less about efficiency & Te logic, more about his relationship with the people who work for him as well as the relationship with his clients.

He probably approved it at the very least.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread

LOL ESI doormats..

Paul Teutul Sr. is ESI. e_e you don't mess with Fi-Se..

What do you mean about messing. There are contracts and agreements and no shouting is going to enforce a contract which does not exist.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    What do you mean about messing. There are contracts and agreements and no shouting is going to enforce a contract which does not exist.
    I meant ESI are not doormats. ESI are more likely to be reliable & hold up their end of the bargain or exceed expectations.. but also to expect or more likely demand reciprocity. Se egos have strong volition. I respect my conflictors.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a.k.a. I/O
    My friend believes my mom is ESI, and it definitely is "her way or the highway." She is extremely stubborn. My dad also always wants to help her with different things, and she won't have it. She does real-estate, and she is super busy. He constantly offers to help, but she refuses to let him, and seems annoyed even by the gesture. Then again, my dad is extremely chatty and she may not want him to say the wrong thing or screw something up. I'm not sure what my dads type is, but he's a great salesman and is very personable.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant ESI are not doormats. ESI are more likely to be reliable & hold up their end of the bargain or exceed expectations.. but also to expect or more likely demand reciprocity. Se egos have strong volition. I respect my conflictors.
    They don´ t normally use their strong volition as "anger" in their day to day relationships otherwise they would not be IxFx types. Of course there might be specific examples where this doesn´t happen but they´re not typical.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    It also just occurred to me that I know a male ESI who is gay and is with an ILI. I've known this guy for nine years. He's a great guy. I think he wishes that I were gay. Lol.
    He's with the ILI because the ILI is his best option. He's not ecstatic about it.

This ESI is about the worst long-term planner that I know. He has a PhD and no retirement savings and still lives in an apt despite moving to the States from Germany twenty years ago.

Maybe, as @Zero said, this is some kind of Ne-painful commitment-phobia. ESI's either jump at the first rabbit that catches their eye, or they think think think it to death and end up doing nothing. Analysis paralysis.
    Maybe he hates the maintenance involved in owning a home, or he's afraid of getting screwed and buying the house version of a lemon. Also maybe he just doesn't want to feel tied down.

I don't understand the no savings part. Maybe he just wanted to spend it immediately for the better lifestyle? Some PhDs aren't rich, too. Maybe he can't afford it lol.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ OP

I think there is a lot of hurt there at some point.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    Which ESI rejected your marriage proposal?

Also LOL at calling marriage "gay". It's so ironic, considering the same-sex marriage issues.
    I could launch into a lecture as to how it's oh so very ironic that people are calling marriage "gay" now. But I'm a bit too tired to do the subject adequate justice.

I'll just plant a seed here and now: History is made by those who "show up" as it were. Please tell me what kinds of thoughts that triggers within you and provide your type if you're not a Gamma folks. I got theories I desire to verify. Provide me the data I seek and you'll have my gratitude.
    Last edited by End; 07-03-2020 at 01:07 PM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I could launch into a lecture as to how it's oh so very ironic that people are calling marriage "gay" now. But I'm a bit too tired to do the subject adequate justice.

I'll just plant a seed here and now: History is made by those who "show up" as it were. Please tell me what kinds of thoughts that triggers within you and provide your type if you're not a Gamma folks. I got theories I desire to verify. Provide me the data I seek and you'll have my gratitude.
    I'm confused.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

excuse me what the mothertrucking frick is going on in this thread

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    It means the whole thing is a farce, driven forward only by one vocal minority or another at any given time, and seldom aligns with the actual will of the common man. In a world worth a damn, history would be impossible. History is not an arc with a destination, but a cauldron of endless flux, of which the hard iron walls never truly change throughout all of time.

- ILE

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely agree with that, @FDG. It is exactly how I think and how I operate.

When I was married, I didn't consider other women. Not for a split second, even though there were some pretty direct offers. Cheating just was not on the table of options.

OTOH, when I was dating, I was non-exclusive and told the women that. Just to be clear.

I think this might vary wildly in details of contract. But contract, yes

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im ESI and i do not like the idea of marriage. But I dont think it should be abolished. Just me personally I dont like the government in my romantic endeavours. but people should have the freedom to decide that for themselves.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of assuming a group hates gay marriage and complaining about it, have you considered going to a group that actually probably does hat gay marriage, and attempting discussion.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think people are built for that level of commitment anymore. You can keep the ceremony and the tax benefits but at least make it less financially devastating to end it

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Society’s long moved past every other “wholesome”, patriarchal Christian social norm but even some of the most libertine coastal liberals still choose to cling to this one for some reason. Situationships and serial monogamy should be the accepted norm at this point

sp/so 8w9 863 VFEL SCUEN Asshole's Avatar
    TIM
    CS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not ESI, but SLE or LIE, can't tell.

Marriage in between a man and a woman, how is that gay. People forget that marriage isn't always about love, but rather a contract to ensure the safety of a woman and create a safer environment to raise children. It's literally just a contract. Women can be the bread winner, but when a man is about to attack her, she would still expect her husband to defend her unless she is some sort of body builder.

Gay marriage is just marriage, but modified to be people who have the same sex. In the end, it's still just a contract that exists for the sake of stability. Still gay marriage can have benefits, it promotes a environment stable enough for kids, gay couples can actually just adopt orphans as there are still a lot of gay people that want kids.

Marriage is still very needed as it still brings structure to society. Plus, Marriage isn't unique to Christianity.

Reasoning why marriage works:

-Women know who the father is off the bat, unless they cheated
    -Father pays for the child, and is guaranteed custody of the child, alongside the mother, thus the kid gets the optimal condition for being raised.
    -Less abortions would occur, meaning less trauma among women. Most abortions happen because the father isn't willing to take part in raising the child.

I can list much more reasons, but I got my point across.
    Last edited by Asshole; 04-20-2023 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be happy, honestly. The forces that be never cease, never have ceased and never will cease. Be free where you are.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not ESI, but marriage is only worth it if one is able to meet their dual. For those who are unable to find their duals, they're much better off being single. Had seen too many people trapped in unhappy marriages.

sp/so 8w9 863 VFEL SCUEN Asshole's Avatar
    TIM
    CS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone with actual reasoning I can actually understand.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default An ESI-Se's Thoughts:

I don't do the whole "making rules for other people" thing usually. I respect peoples' individual choices and desires when it comes to subjective matters such as this. Determining what everyone else should do is not democratic anyway, it's more aristocratic. Gammas are all about individualism. In my case, the Gamma's democracy and prioritization of the indivudual/private over the group/state happens to match who and how I am. That means that I make my own choice(s) about marriage, and other individuals make their own choices, too. I am more against imposing established rules and limitations upon everyone else (such as the "restricting others from marriage" example in the OP), than I am against other people getting married. Why should my subjective opinions, preferences, or decisions, become some sort of dictatorship over others? I don't understand this kind of thinking at all. Who the fuck is anyone to make such rules for others?
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 04-20-2023 at 11:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast