Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would each type look like when depressed?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I listen to really emo dark music, trying to hear something that puts my feelings into words, it really helps me indulge the feeling, possibly too much. I can be self sabotaging, too scared to be truly self destructive, but I flirt with the idea of fucking up my life sometimes. I don't want responsibilties, and use my depression as an excuse to be lazy and not do shit, like "you're depressed, take the day off." I almost want someone to wake me up out of it, it's like a weird fantasy that someone comes and rescues me from my depression, so I wear it a little bit to see if someone catches on, but it does the opposite and makes people uncomfortable and go the other way. I totally get it, even I'm uncomfortable under someone else's dark cloud. I definitely become tons more selfish with my attention, I don't laugh at friends jokes anymore, don't talk, I have selective hearing and only respond to what I feel like responding to, I ignore everything else, almost once again in hopes that someone says sees me being rude and says "HEY! YOU CAN'T KEEP BEING LIKE THIS", I even push people away to see if they comeback, to see if someone cares enough about me to care, to feel missed. I secretly want someone to recognize what is wrong with me, as screwed up as that sounds. Oh, and it's for sure Fi, but usually depressed because of Ni Te reasons, "My life is going nowhere, I'm gonna end up doing jack shit with my life in the end like I've always done." When it comes to relationships I haven't been brave enough to let myself experience that kinda depression yet, I've been lieing to myself, like everything is fine I'll find someone later in life, or like I'm ok with being alone I'm avoiding all the "toxic" people, been kidding myself for awhile now.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 04-30-2022 at 03:13 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    My guess is that a person will cycle through each of their valued functions to make themselves feel better. With depression, a person is usually not happy and, perhaps, would like to be happy. What better way to achieve psychological happiness than to cycle through your valued functions.

For example, an LSI might use Ti to understand. If still not happy, they engage Se. If Se doesn't make 'em happy, then it is Ni. If Ni isn't cool, then it's Fe. Once Fe doesn't do the trick they cycle to Ti.

People use unvalued functions but I don't believe they'd use them if they are truly in a depressed mental state.

interesting question, depressed people tendo to become mechanic, they start doing things slowly without thinking too much and without caring too much, no more engaging in super-ego to please others but also no access to desired super-id elements. But depression may have manic states, so they suddenly start thinking a lot, mind racing but very inneficiently. But here is what I have seem some types act like when depressed

IEE- shut down, if anyone tries to talk to them, they answer in a nihilistic way (like an ILI would maybe)

ILE - look at you as if they got run over by a truck, don't talk much but you can tell they are wrecked

LSI - they hide in some corner and start singing

IEI - they change their looks, each day another new look

ILI - lie in bed smoke some **** and keep waiting death takes them away

EIE - they act like everything is fine, so fine that they are gonna get married tomorrow and you can't tell if something is wrong... and then they kill themselves or overdose

ESI - they sl*t their w**** and then they are fine

LIE - they tell jokes, they tell that shit happens in our lives but we gotta move on and if one day they disappear, it's ok, it's part of life... and them they kill themselves

SLE - they start hoarding stuff to do, overwork until some disease catches them or they have an injury that takes them inevitably to the hospital and arriving at the hospital they look for even more stuff to do and if you don't give any feed back they get very angry and start cussing and throwing shit. When you talk to them they answer "uh huh" kinda like saying "yeah, yeah, pisso off"

LII - they try to logically convince you why it's a good idea to kill themselves and them they go weep because someone is forcing them to socialize to cure the depression

SEE - they actually become... nice and warming people lmao, like a nurturing old lady but slightly sad.

The other types I don't remember seeing depressed so someone else might have an idea.

Doctor of Socionics First Class Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE:

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Socionics Is Not A Cult View Post
    ESE:

I think she is a mix of SEE and EIE. No Si value…

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think x type may look like this while depressed:

Mood: anxiety, apathy, general discontent, guilt, hopelessness, loss of interest or pleasure in activities, mood swings, or sadness

Behavioral: agitation, excessive crying, irritability, restlessness, or social isolation

Sleep: early awakening, excess sleepiness, insomnia, or restless sleep

Whole body: excessive hunger, fatigue, or loss of appetite

Cognitive: lack of concentration, slowness in activity, or thoughts of suicide

Weight: weight gain or weight loss

Also common: poor appetite or repeatedly going over thoughts
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it’s a really interesting topic to discuss, guys. We should keep it updated. Tbh, I used to be depressed. It all began when my mother passed away. It was a dark time, so it’s still difficult for me to think of it. It happened 3 years ago. Seems to be a long time, but actually, it isn’t. During the first year, I didn’t have normal sleep. I could spend 3 days sleeping only for 10 hours. My friend recommended this treatment to me https://www.pillpal.to/general-healt...-mg-37354.html, so I finally cured my sleep. But it still hurts me. Psychologists say the pain usually takes 2 years to go away. Tbh, it still hurts like it was yesterday. Anyway, I’m really happy to have a great girlfriend who does her best to cheer me up.
    Last edited by Raywaytut; 08-05-2022 at 02:33 PM.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's NTR. Symptomatology exists for a reason be it that of depression or any other Mental Health disorder or pathology. Each type with a given form of depression looks like presents the same clinical symptoms as any other type with the same form of depression, period. Just like each type with dementia looks like any other type with dementia. Of course we're all unique in our individuality but equal when it comes to the clinical aspects of a given pathology, the determinant factors being the symptoms upon which the diagnosis of said pathology are based.

I mean, what would each type look like when having a panic attack or a [insert whatever fear it might be]phobia or APD ? The answer is : pretty much the same !

In Enneagram, Guru Naranjo attributed each enneatype with a tendency toward one (or two) particular mental health issue. I think it's because of this kind of bs that people are tempted to establish correlations between types and mental issues in every typology. Since I believe that Naranjo was a Guru of the cult leader kind, all that he came up with is suspicious cuz I am the kind of person with a proclivity to throw the baby with the bathwater. Dr. G also said the PTSD is something typical of Si creative types (LSI - ESI) because hypermnesia is also typical of Si creative types. I think it's bs too and pertains to Dr.G tendency to explain everything through the lens of his model.

Last edited by godslave; 07-26-2023 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTR... anyone can lose their will to live. It starts out slow. You notice you don't care for much of anything anymore, you doubt yourself and the people around you. You lose interest and motivation to work, study, or engage in hobbies. Eating is a chore and you only eat to feel comfort. Even if you feel your stomach rumbling you won't have any appetite it's like an empty black abyss of nothingness.

Pretty much you're going to have to force yourself to do anything even if you hate it. But I advise anyone to seek help because forcing yourself only ignores the problem, it may come back or ultimately get worse when you become burnt out.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depression is low neurotransmitter energy, and by type your weakness is more apparent.

With all things being equal like inborn neurotic traits.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12