Thread: What would each type look like when depressed?

Default What would each type look like when depressed?

And what function would someone in emotional stress resort to? Dual seeking?

Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

super ego ( + id)

TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think depression would necessarily change your external attitude or how you look. Sometimes ppl is depressed and others don't even notice it.

Stress or anxiety, Role function.

Mentioned
    1081 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Some types specifics can exist.

In despressive and tired states are more than common supressed weak and nonvalued functions. As people more rely on assured and liked regions, while other go to economy. Such is for the consciousness.
    The most noticable mb role function reduction - as weakest nonvalued.

Mb pointed, that superego activity supresses a psyche, predisposes to depressive symptoms. Communicate with conflictors/superego IRL and then you feel yourself unusually tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I don't think depression would necessarily change your external attitude or how you look.
    Emotional states are expressed in the nonverbal. Among general depressive symptoms are higher irritability, worse emotions, lesser energy impression, lesser selfassurance, higher anxiety, etc. - all that can be felt and noticed, including unconsciously.
    Someones may better control what emotions they show and surfacely have, but they are doubtful to do this absolutely and for long. And someones better understand emotional states of others (and of themselves) to be lesser fooled.
    TS types are worse than average in emotions understanding.
    Last edited by Sol; 06-25-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

They hit the bottle. Booze is a factor all types and quadras can agree on if the right circumstances or questions are posed. How/why/which drink/etc. is a matter of potentially considerable debate. I'll need some time to compile my own table but hey, if anyone here has a list/table of what they think are favorite drinks according to types/quadras than let's hear it. After all, if you're going to go "dual seeking" at a bar the least we can do is give you a relevant data set.

Knowing what "type" or "quadra" tends to drink would help ya narrow it down in broad strokes. That's just about all we can hope for thankfully.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by shotgunfingers; 06-26-2020 at 09:52 AM.

a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Excessive focus in ignoring.
    Measuring you right now

Winning is for losers

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    They hit the bottle. Booze is a factor all types and quadras can agree on if the right circumstances or questions are posed. How/why/which drink/etc. is a matter of potentially considerable debate. I'll need some time to compile my own table but hey, if anyone here has a list/table of what they think are favorite drinks according to types/quadras than let's hear it. After all, if you're going to go "dual seeking" at a bar the least we can do is give you a relevant data set.

Knowing what "type" or "quadra" tends to drink would help ya narrow it down in broad strokes. That's just about all we can hope for thankfully.
    What if they don't drink? I don't drink; I kinda behave recklessly and like a drunk at my worst depression, but I don't drink. Neither I do drugs.

(I don't deny many do drug themselves to numb the pain)

I find myself going more super-ego and ID, if that's the case here. Anyway, depressed/stressed/anxiety == moving away from ego it seems; unpredictable, 'weird for type' moves.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id drink if I could, red wine. Lots of it. But I haven’t drank any alcohol for 2 years this October despite having serious depression problems. Instead I’ve been binge eating and counterbalancing by extreme dieting and exercising. My weight has been going up and down in the last year more extremely than it ever has.

Type me whatever you want thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    TIM
    469 Delta
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Id drink if I could, red wine. Lots of it. But I haven’t drank any alcohol for 2 years this October despite having serious depression problems. Instead I’ve been binge eating and counterbalancing by extreme dieting and exercising. My weight has been going up and down in the last year more extremely than it ever has.
    October will mark a year for me. Needless to say, escaping by that route was my crutch for a long time. I also struggle with my diet and weight fluctuations in a very similar manner, eating too much/too unhealthily and then making myself go back down in weight by not eating much. Too lazy for exercise lol, though I’ve had my moments. Bicycle has always been best for me as it’s kind of fun. Need a new one.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I go into non existent mode when I’m depressed. I withdrew from everyone and everything. No one will do much as hear a beep out of me!
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Type me whatever you want thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    TIM
    469 Delta
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yeah. I guess I have a tendency to sleep more. Sleep more, eat more

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edifying words from my bff "you (when blue) become even more flaky and unreliable, but I still think you're smashing"

when down, I detach from gross bodily self + responsibilities completely and exist instead as a thought cloud.

TIM
    E9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mind tells me I'm not eating enough when I'm eating too much, I'm eating too much when I'm not eating enough, I need to work out more even though I just did, I need to get my body checked for strange illnesses, I need to eschew everything and live simply.. which in turn just makes me bored and sad, so I go and try something new... which disappoints me. I overthink everything, analyze everything I'm doing to make sure it's working to my benefit. And then at the end of the day, accept failure to change much at all.

edit: and also recklessness and spontaneity and general anti-social qualities- like getting into verbal fights for no reason.

I could go on

I've moved beyond self sabotage and self defeating actions though
    Last edited by Melancholie; 06-28-2020 at 03:58 AM.

blood and makeup on my face Pierrette's Avatar
    TIM
    SwEIEt SpicEIE ELFV
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post

IDK. I tried drinking for a solid month or so (iirc). Relatively heavy quantities too for someone who would have just taken up the habit out of nowhere. I went through two huge bottles of tequila and rum (oh yeah, and a bottle of vodka haha), along with some 12 packs of beer in a month or so (?). I got bored with all that so I stopped. I don't feel anything when I drink, no relaxation or anything like that. Doesn't even make me giddy idk. If anything I get irritated because I feel like I should be relaxing, and no calming effect comes.

I'm being captain obvious here but not everyone drinks, though. I know people who religiously abstain. Literally, they religiously abstain from alcohol and have never been drunk. No, they're not liars. They've never been drunk, ever. It helps that they usually don't like alcohol, and that they also have their respective congregations and families as an emotional support group of sorts.
    Last edited by Pierrette; 06-28-2020 at 06:15 AM. Reason: (I forgot some stuff)
    devourer of the sun // consumer of the moon

& you know now,
    that anything alone is
    a haunting

& any two things
    together is a terror.

Love and Hate are two sides of the same coin.
    It takes a mere second for treasure to turn to trash.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was at the peak of my (diagnosed) depression and anxiety in high school, I took an online MBTI test and scored INFJ lol. I think that’s the only time I’ve ever gotten INFJ on a test in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    Excessive focus in ignoring.
    This also happened to me too. I had disordered eating that I went to therapy for.

There’s my specific, real-life example data point for you with diagnosed depression.

TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have never had an urge to drink. I just go into this autistic self stimulation mode of dark thought with no will power to do stuff. I see Ni as some sort of black hole.
    Measuring you right now

Winning is for losers

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just go into this autistic self stimulation mode of dark thought with no will power to do stuff. I see Ni as some sort of black hole.
    What was the source of the depression for you, COVID?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

With depression, Ips and Ejs seem to get more observant and defensive but it may not be as noticeable with some Ips who are already defensive by nature; Eps and Ijs seem to become more thoughtful and withdraw into themselves but with some Ijs, they just go deeper so you may not notice so much of a change. Stress is a completely different can of worms and the behaviour tends to appear dual-like in limited ways.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LIE-Ni sx/so
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't drink when depressed because... it doesn't help. Alcohol's a depressant. I sleep
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never had an urge to drink. I just go into this autistic self stimulation mode of dark thought with no will power to do stuff. I see Ni as some sort of black hole.
    Can you explain it?
    Don't want Microsoft tracking everything you do on a computer? Tired of ads on your operating system? Sick of forced updates and reboots? Interested in a much lower risk of getting viruses? Try Linux Mint!

Protect your privacy on the Web:
    Browser: Firefox (It's much preferable to Chrome, at least)
    Search Engine: DuckDuckGo
    Adblocking: uBlock Origin
    Misc. Tracking Blocking: Decentraleyes
    Optional: uMatrix (Requires some learning)
    Mullvad VPN

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Can you explain it?
    In a world of Ni, all possibilities come to a conclusion. To an Ne-valuer, it is a world past hope, past cure, past help.*

*Got a little Shakespeare in there to elevate this place.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Got a little Shakespeare in there to elevate this place.
    Was that because I removed the Shakespeare quote from my signature?
    Don't want Microsoft tracking everything you do on a computer? Tired of ads on your operating system? Sick of forced updates and reboots? Interested in a much lower risk of getting viruses? Try Linux Mint!

Protect your privacy on the Web:
    Browser: Firefox (It's much preferable to Chrome, at least)
    Search Engine: DuckDuckGo
    Adblocking: uBlock Origin
    Misc. Tracking Blocking: Decentraleyes
    Optional: uMatrix (Requires some learning)
    Mullvad VPN

TIM
    miscarriage
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when depression hits everyone is IEI
    凸(`△´+)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol this can be very subtle/nuanced with me, since I'm so introverted naturally but I guess it's kinda like, being a Daria without her Jane or something. I push people away even more and just bring the energy down even more.

I don't think people should always run away from sadness tho, u can surrender to it too quickly before it can mature u into being a better person or something. But yeah I think it's too dour if you do this too much and then also lose your zest for life or completely lose your sense of humor. Most of society seems to be content with making you a depressed/emotionless workaholic robot and a sadistically hateful and cynical person tho, so I think it's wise to fight back against that stuff.

TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Can you explain it?
    Personally
    Measuring you right now

Winning is for losers

TIM
    SEE-Fi sx/sp
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Rebelondeck said, I withdraw and become thoughtful, but it's a bad and faulty introspection that turns into me just regurgitating everything I dislike about myself over and over until either I snap out of it or some external event does. It's like I get trapped in some existential goo and it's hard to move or do anything because of the horrible lethargy.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading this thread, I asked someone close to me and they said that it’s noticeable because I very visibly slow down. I walk slower, move slower, and even talk slower. And evidently look like I’m ‘about to cry’...lol

But I got to thinking...do I drink when I’m depressed...why have I drank in the past...honestly I think it’s to bring me down...I’m a stress drinker