Cat1: Sensitivity About Oneself - APPLIES
1. Often has difficulty letting go of negative thoughts and emotions - YES
2. Frequently feels physical symptoms (i.e. stress or headache) when something unpleasant happens during the day - NO
3. Often has bad days that affect eating and/or sleeping habits in an unhealthy way, such as eating or sleeping too much or too little - YES
4. Often experiences tension or anxiety - YES
5. Tends to “beat oneself up” when falling short of own expectations - YES
6. Is afraid of rejection, even in relatively minor situations - YES, though it's less acute with age
7. Compares self with others often (in physical, relational, social, work, financial, or other scenarios), and experiences unhappy feelings from negative social comparison - YES
8. Often feels anger or resentment about situations in life or in society which seem unjust, aggravating, or simply annoying - YES
Cat2: Sensitivity About Others - 50/50 TOSS UP, THEREFORE LIKELY DOESN'T APPLY
9. Often thinks/worries about what others are thinking - NOT ALL THAT MUCH, BUT SOMETIMES
10. Tends to take things personally - YES
11. Finds it difficult, when triggered by relatively small unpleasantness with people, to just “let it go” - YES, ADMITTEDLY, AT TIMES (I'M TRYNA CHANGE!)
12. Feels hurt easily - YES ALTHOUGH I'VE TRIED TO HARDEN MYSELF OR WARP MYSELF IN WEIRD WAYS IN RESPONSE AND HURT IS MORE CHAOTIC NOW
13. Often hides negative feelings, believing they are too strong, turbulent, embarrassing or vulnerable to share; keeps a lot of negative emotions inside - I DUNNO IF I DO THIS MORE THAN OTHER PEOPLE DO ON AVERAGE...
14. Alternatively, often discusses negative emotions with others because there’s a lot of “drama” in one’s life - KIND OF, BUT I DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE MANY RELATIONSHIPS
15. Has a hard time accepting critical feedback, even when it's given reasonably and constructively - YES, BUT I WANT TO BE BETTER
16. Often feels like people are judgmental, even when there’s no strong evidence - SORT OF BUT THEN I WENT AND BECAME MORE JUDGMENTAL AND NOW IT'S ALL A DISASTER
17. Often overreacts to real or perceived slights and provocations - SOMETIMES... BUT PROBABLY NOT IN EXCEPTIONAL WAYS OR WITH EXCEPTIONAL FREQUENCY
18. Often feels awkward in group situations and feels unable to be oneself - YES
19. Feels self-conscious in romantically intimate situations; excessively worries about partner’s approval; is unreasonably afraid of being judged or rejected by partner - YES
Cat3: Sensitivity About One’s Environment - POSSIBLY ANOTHER 50/50 TOSS UP. WITH QUESTIONS LIKE "OFTEN FEELS UNHAPPY FOLLOWING PEOPLE'S SOCIAL MEDIA" INVOLVED AND SO FEW "QUESTIONS" I DON'T CONSIDER THIS CATEGORY VERY USEFUL.
20. Feels uncomfortable in large public crowds, in a room full of people talking, or when too many things are occurring simultaneously - YES. I GET DIZZY AND DISORIENTED.
21. Feels uncomfortable when exposed to bright lights, loud sounds, or certain strong scents -- I AM MORE BOTHERED BY LOUD SOUND THAN MOST PEOPLE I'VE NOTICED (IT CAUSES ME TO STARTLE AND INTERRUPTS MY THOUGHTS AND I GET IRRITATED), I AM LESS BOTHERED BY STRONG SCENTS THAN A LOT OF PEOPLE DUE TO NOT BEING ABLE TO NOTICE THEM FOR A WHILE OR AT ALL (GENERALLY I FIND ALL THE PEOPLE SNIFFING ABOUT INQUIRING ABOUT SMELLS ANNOYING), I DON'T KNOW IF BRIGHT LIGHTS BOTHER ME AS I CAN'T SEEM TO FOCUS ON SUCH THINGS. I'M SURE THE LIGHT IS ALWAYS IMPERFECT.
22. Startles easily at sudden noises, fast traffic, or other unpleasant surprises - YES
23. Often feels upset when watching or reading negative news in the media. Dislikes “shock” entertainment (i.e. intensely scary or violent shows) - NOT REALLY. I LIKE INTENSITY TO SOME EXTENT. I DON'T LIKE VIOLENCE AND SCARINESS FOR ITS OWN SAKE I SUPPOSE (I LIKE THERE TO BE SOMETHING DEEPER AND MORE CONCEPTUAL ABOUT IT OR SOME WAY IN WHICH I CAN PRETEND THAT IS THERE). AND IT REALLY CAN DEPEND ON MY MOOD. ANYWAY I CAN ENJOY MOVIES THAT ARE BEYOND THE HORROR CAPACITY OF SOME PEOPLE (LIKE EVENT HORIZON ALTHOUGH THE HORROR DID BOTHER ME AND IT TOOK YEARS TO WATCH IT AGAIN AFTER THE FIRST VIEWING) WHILE THERE IS NO WAY I'D WATCH CERTAIN HORROR MOVIES (LIKE THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE). I CAN ENJOY "AWFUL" STUFF LIKE THE CRANK MOVIES A GREAT DEAL. I CAN DEFINITELY LET MYSELF GET UPSET ABOUT THINGS IN THE NEWS, BUT IT'S NOT A CONSTANT STATE THAT'S BEEN WITH ME MY ENTIRE LIFE. I SEEM TO GO BETWEEN FEELING LIKE I NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE NEWS (TO BE INFORMED) AND HAVING ALMOST NO INTEREST IN IT, AND IT JUST FEELS LIKE WHEN I AM MORE PASSIONATE ABOUT THE NEWS ALL I DID WAS CHANNEL MY EMOTIONAL ENERGY IN THAT DIRECTION, ALMOST LIKE THE POINT ISN'T THE NEWS BUT THE EMOTIONAL ENERGY ITSELF FINDING A LAZY EASY GO-TO OUTLET IN WHICH I CAN ARGUE, BUT EVEN MY ARGUMENTATIVE FEELINGS SEEM TO BE GOING THROUGH AN EXTINGUISHMENT PERIOD. IT MAY BE THAT I ACTUALLY LIKE CHEAP DRAMA AND SHOCK ENTERTAINMENT UNTIL IT STARTS BECOMING STUPID AND OVERDONE (WHICH GENERALLY SHOCK ENTERTAINMENT IS); WHEN IT STARTS BECOMING CRINGEY OR I SEEM TO SEE IT AS MEANINGLESS (IGNORING OF COURSE THE OTHER MEANINGLESS THINGS I SOMEHOW HAVE NOT RECOGNIZED AS MEANINGLESS BECAUSE OF SOME SENTIMENTAL ATTACHMENT)
24. Often feels unhappy when following people’s posts on social media - YES AND UM I FEEL LIKE THIS BELONGS IN CATEGORY 2...
TOTAL: 15/24 OR CLOSET TO THE 50/50 TOSS UP, SO ALAS THE ALL CAPS JOURNEY MUST END!