Thread: Makeup and Beauty

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    Mademoiselle is a very sophisticated ladylike smell IMO. It's my best friend's signature scent. She loves citrusy perfumes.
    I tries Libre the other day, initially loved it, but the second time I tried it, I hated it because of the lavender. Maybe my nose was broken the first time. I still haven't tried any other YSL scents though!

The 3 perfumes I own are:
    Gucci Profumo di Fiori
    Alien by Mugler
    Alien Goddess Intense by Mugler
    <3

I am intensely drawn to white florals, in particular tuberose notes in perfume! I also seem to always choose fragrances with a distinct warmth in them (solar notes, benzoin..) that lean slight sweet, almost into gourmand territory, but not quite.
    Citrus, oriental, masculine.. not my thing and doesn't suit me anyway.
    I had something similar happen to me with Lancôme’s La vie est belle that you had with Libre, it sounds like . Except I actually bought the La vie est belle. Maybe it was the wrong version, different to what I smelled
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaskGodLugia View Post
    Lol I saw something in here that said TJ max = someone really grouchy and angry all the time bossing people around and being really realistic and dry or matter of fact and strict with 0 flexibility rules and regulations and robotic and aggressive or smashing power authority going only by the eternal evidence, being justice based and very religious without healing.
    I’ve never thought about it like that before, but you are soo right @MaskGodLugia
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    I had something similar happen to me with Lancôme’s La vie est belle that you had with Libre, it sounds like . Except I actually bought the La vie est belle. Maybe it was the wrong version, different to what I smelled
    Awe =(
    I always spray a perfume on and live with it for a day or so before making the purchase. Too scared now!

If you know how to use makeup, it can make beauty for anyone. Nowadays is the best time for a woman to be alive. It is equal to men in front of the law and has everything possible to look as she wants. For example, since I was a teenager, I have had complexes because of my lips. I always thought they were too small and needed to get bigger. When I started to make my own money, I have made plastic surgery with Dermal Fillers NJ for my lips. I am really glad about my new lips and how I look in the mirror.
    Last edited by primaveraduration; 09-12-2022 at 11:45 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by primaveraduration View Post
    If you know how to use makeup, it can make a beauty from anyone
    Yeah gonna have to stop ya right there. It objectively cannot. Ya need a good "base" to work with. A turd will still be a turd no matter how hard you try to "sculpt" it for a turd is not clay and even the best cosmetics tend to get awfully fragile after a third or more layer. Ya can't exactly undo a rather bad case of Manjaw (e.g. Cathline Kennedy) with a bit of powder and rouge. You cannot "cover up" the fact you're morbidly obese (and thus will fail to hit HB 7 unless you're aiming for Omega Males) with some eyeliner applied just so with a precisely calibrated corset as you'll suffocate if it's trying to get a 300 pound obese female to have "curves" that most males will find pleasing to the eye without them noticing something is obviously up.

The greatest seductresses/beauties the world has ever known knew about that and acted accordingly (protip: they never allowed themselves to become morbidly obese and the like because they knew exactly what they were doing). Hell, Cleopatra knew all about makeup but pretty much everyone who met her and recorded their observations within the historical record admitted that even with it on in full force she... wasn't a true 10/10 on the appearance front.

It was all of it put together that made her the legendary and archetypical Siren of the ancient world. Her appearance in combination with her voice, the way she carried herself, what she said, how she said it to whomever she was aiming her charms at, etc...

A smile will get you far. A smile and a gun will get you farther. In the game of romance a smile and a willingness to let yourself be vulnerable to your target will get you even farther still.

I've already spelled out why that is but I'll be more than willing to dispense a refresher...

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    A smile will get you far. A smile and a gun will get you farther. In the game of romance a smile and a willingness to let yourself be vulnerable to your target will get you even farther still.
    “A smile and a gun” would be a great name for a smokey eyeshadow quad or a nail polish color

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    “A smile and a gun” would be a great name for a smokey eyeshadow quad or a nail polish color
    I wonder what that would translate to in French or Arabic. This would have to come from a native/fluent speaker however. Machine Translations can't be relied upon in this instance. It's gotta actually come off as that quote to said speakers if we wanna maximize marketability on all fronts and ya want to do that if you're serious about it.

If it sounds good and or rolls off the tongue easily to non-speakers than you've got something to market in cosmetics. Would likely get used by many a female Dandy (i.e. the kind of woman I and many an dominant/valuer are critically weak too as they're likely valuers/doms in their own right) along with those more "ambiguous" perfumes that are out there.

If it all works out like I think it might I'd get working on that. Big money to be made by someone who actually gives a damn about others in pretty much every sphere right now...

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    even the best cosmetics tend to get awfully fragile after a third or more layer.

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    professional make-up artist does his brother's make-up

and these dudes have now taught nanashi how to use brow gel. Maybe I'll want to some day
    Thank you for sharing! The video is very informative. Sometimes even a man needs to know how to work with makeup. I work on television, and sometimes I attend some live translation from my home, and in such cases, I had to learn how to apply makeup on my face. It makes my face look better in life, and people are more attentive while I am speaking. I also had a rhinoplasty in Miami because my nose was very big since I was a child, so to work at the television, I had to look more presentable and attend plastic surgery.
    Last edited by shushanikefforts; 09-25-2022 at 12:21 PM.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    And now I’m going to have to order online since no one carry’s it. Hate when that happens.
    There was this Korean brand of foundation and lipstick that was finally perfect for my skin like no other I have tried. I got to buy it once or twice before it was cancelled completely. Lala Fox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the most standard set of facial cosmetics. I wash my face with special creams every morning. That's my whole secret of a clean and fresh face. Also, I almost don't eat sweets, so my plastic surgeon from this clinic advised -- https://miamicenterforplasticsurgery.com/. My face has always been ugly purely aesthetically. Hence, I found a good surgeon who fixed it, and now I adore looking at myself in the mirror. I love my job and my facial skin, and probably because I'm happy, everything works out for me in this life. So do not spend much money on cosmetics and special creams for rejuvenation. It is all an advertising move.
    Last edited by tommywash; 10-11-2022 at 08:00 AM.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was high yesterday and wondering if women had nightmares about not doing their makeup before they go into public same way you can dream about being naked in public

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this thread and am always looking for new makeup and beauty products. Recently, I've been into using serums for my skincare routine, specifically the Vitamin C serum from The Ordinary. It's helped brighten up my complexion and has even helped fade some of my acne scars. I also sometimes have facials at rawbeautyaesthetics.com, and it feels great. What about you guys? Any new favorites or holy grail products?
    Last edited by octavitharpe; 04-11-2023 at 11:31 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octavitharpe View Post
    I love this thread and am always looking for new makeup and beauty products. Recently, I've been into using serums for my skincare routine, specifically the Vitamin C serum from The Ordinary.
    Try the makeup, beauty and skincare threads on reddit - there's much more info there than on here

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don’t wear makeup but I take great care of my skin. I am using retinol now and sunscreen lots of sunscreen. On my hubs I put alpha hydroxy on his face because he has sun damage and texture
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a time in undergrad I experimented briefly with makeup, and after looking for the perfect red lipstick, I found it's actually pink lol

Anyways, I don't use make-up at all now, because it feels too high maintenance for me. For skincare, I use a charcoal cleanser because I have found that works best for my skin. I sometimes also like tinted lip balms. I get my eyebrows done as well.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to be good at makeup - all the beautiful shades, glitters, and products look so appealing, but I have zero skill at it, plus my face doesn't suit makeup - it looks weirdly artificial on me (and yes, I've even gotten it professionally done before). I think I have to stick to the more natural applications rather than the 'glam' ones.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234