Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Makeup and Beauty

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Makeup and Beauty

Starting a new makeup and beauty thread because the original was closed. Feel free to share any new makeup products you're using that you like, makeup/skincare/hair and the like products you are consistent with or just anything related to attending to one's appearance.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've struggled with unruly eyebrows for a long time and doing this has been a game changer. I did cut a hole in one of my eyebrows the first time, but the 2nd time I was more careful and now my eyebrows look loads better without even really having to do much. I just pluck a few strays that are lower down on my brow bone away from the rest of my brow. Still wondering about the best way to manage hair above the upper lip though, haven't figured that out

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    best way to manage hair above the upper lip though, haven't figured that out
    I just shave it with the same thing I use for my armpits in the shower if I notice any lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Pirouette View Post
    - Then, I take apart the tissue to get a single ply. I set one ply of tissue down on my lips flat.
    - I take some translucent powder and dust over the tissue with light pressure. I don't wanna smear hard work for nothing haha.
    I don’t use full on lipstick much but this made me curious. You dust powder on top of the tissue? So it doesn’t touch your lips directly? How come?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah, that's a pretty cool tip about the powder, thanks for that My lips get dry a lot, which isn't great for lipstick :/ I did notice when I was drinking shitloads of water that helped lol. I have 3 chapsticks, 2 in different rooms of the house and 1 in my purse. I do wear lipstick sometimes though and just put on a lot of chapstick in advance and hope for the best as my mom always gives me them for Christmas. I usually opt for tinted lipgloss : )

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Still wondering about the best way to manage hair above the upper lip though, haven't figured that out
    I have very dark and very thick hair and ghostly pale skin so my upper lip could make a 13 year old boy jealous lmao. I found waxing is best and I'm hoping that after continued sessions it will stop growing back (if that's not just a rumor). Since lockdown I do what sbbds does and shave it. It's less expensive and time consuming than going to a salon and you don't have to wait a week for it to grow out before getting it waxed. But also waxing lasts longer and I'm gunning for waxing it to death lol.

I tend to get my eyebrows waxed at the same time and just pluck any strays that come between sessions. I've been getting those done for 10 years so they mostly retain their shape now
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Re the above, for reference I have very fine hair in contrast. @thegreenfaerie I just do my brows by plucking them myself. Occasionally trimming.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pls let ur hairs grow peace <3

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    ^ Re the above, for reference I have very fine hair in contrast. @thegreenfaerie I just do my brows by plucking them myself. Occasionally trimming.
    Yeah I'm no good at thorough plucking. My eyebrows aren't very big, so I think it's okay so long as I just get those few stragglers that are way low lying on the brow bone. I do unfortunately have a bald spot from over-plucking in high school, but I think using some aloe vera may be helping grow some back in. I have so many pictures where my eyebrows look way too dark from my trying to fill them in, lol, but I think I finally got the hang of that too (my hairdresser also gave me the tip to use a shade lighter than your actual brows because it will always apply darker). I haven't found filling them necessary though with just- A. trimming, B. plucking the few stragglers and C. using a gel wand to keep them down and shaped. I use NYX gel wand which is about 4 bucks, lasts a few months.

I have been doing self-waxing for my upper lip with Sally Beauty Supply strips and it gets a lot of the hair, but there is also some I didn't get and sometimes I end up plucking them lol. I have a few dark ones on either side of my lip and a ton of peach fuzz all over my face which I often notice in pictures. Someone suggested I dermaplane my face for my mustache which, doesn't work on the dark hair as they are a different texture of hair. I decided to do my whole face and while I was very pleased at first (as Pirouette said, it leaves the skin very silky smooth), I noticed I had some weird puffy spot near my mouth that I still have. I may have irritated my whole face as it seems more broken out (I have very sensitive skin). A dermatologist said it was an in-grown hair, though this new one I'm seeing (last one was a dick) says it's just an inflamed spot due to hormonal acne. So I threw those blades away, not for people with sensitive skin. Shaving with a pink bic blade like Pirouette suggested may be safer, but I would be scared of knicking myself.

Body hair is a pain to deal with. Most of my body hair is blonde, but for whatever reason my calf hair is dark and I have those dark hairs above my lip, lol. I've been meaning to wear a new dress I got on Amazon, but I've been lazy about shaving.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Piro, oh yeah Ive seen the shaving face thing and i was fascinated really, unfortunately I suffer from a skin condition that doesnt let my skin repair well after plucking, basically I get very deep scars that dont heal and all the pain in the world for these goddamns ingrown hairs that cant get out anymore (went to multiple docs and they all raised their hands like UGH) so it's not worth the effort really.
    yeah wehììhen i used to care more about these things i would shave sometimes but (un?)fortunately it's not for me... i'm lucky because my hair is pretty invisible on my arms, legs, face... so i dont really look yeti, and i like the bushy parts anyway... more mystery~

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    @Piro, oh yeah Ive seen the shaving face thing and i was fascinated really, unfortunately I suffer from a skin condition that doesnt let my skin repair well after plucking, basically I get very deep scars that dont heal and all the pain in the world for these goddamns ingrown hairs that cant get out anymore (went to multiple docs and they all raised their hands like UGH) so it's not worth the effort really.
    yeah wehììhen i used to care more about these things i would shave sometimes but (un?)fortunately it's not for me... i'm lucky because my hair is pretty invisible on my arms, legs, face... so i dont really look yeti, and i like the bushy parts anyway... more mystery~
    Yeah, I worry this puffy thing on my face that just so happened to come about not too long after first dermaplaning is never going to go away :/

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought some new Essie nail polish in autumnal palette colors, sort of

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I worry this puffy thing on my face that just so happened to come about not too long after first dermaplaning is never going to go away :/
    oh sorry to hear, try putting some soothing oil on it maybe it helps, castor, olive, coconut, almond, jojoba they are all very good to treat skin conditions

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bought some new Essie nail polish in autumnal palette colors, sort of
    was it autumnal because you're an autumn in seasonal colour analysis? If so - awesome! These colours look great
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaveYourself View Post
    was it autumnal because you're an autumn in seasonal colour analysis? If so - awesome! These colours look great
    Yeah, all of them but the peach (which seems more spring) are usually in autumn palette. I’m either spring or autumn. Thank you : )

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    these are so expensive now. when I got them they were cheaper. lip glaze
    those look pretty

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those look pretty
    makeup bugs me because it smells like the hydrocarbons most are made of. but, these don't smell like that

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like this Te lady. I think she is LIE>xIE. She is an esthetician and model.

Last edited by sbbds; 07-07-2020 at 02:14 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highly highly recommend microneedling. I got a .25mm tool for under $10 USD. After two tries my skin looks and feels super plump already.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ex actually recommended this product to me, which he wanted to use for art and just thought was cool as it was natural mica (he explained how it was very naturally iridescent). It cost 10 bucks and has lasted me like, 4 years lol. I'm not sure if it's considered gross to still use sometimes on my face after 4 years, but I put it on my cheekbones and recently started patting it on top of my lipgloss and then rubbing my lips together. I've often used it as eyeshadow and on top of eyeshadow. I used it for art at one point too and ended up getting it all over the dashboard of my car. Sparkle remained on that dashboard until I just recently traded in my car. I wasn't complaining

https://www.amazon.com/Slice-Moon-Ir...P3JKJF002C4MTK

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wearing dark lipstick around at home just to get used to it. Dark brown and dark purple for now. I dig it

(Half-matte hydrating lipstick from a tube. Can't stand dry liquid lips)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaveYourself View Post
    I have very dark and very thick hair and ghostly pale skin so my upper lip could make a 13 year old boy jealous lmao. I found waxing is best and I'm hoping that after continued sessions it will stop growing back (if that's not just a rumor). Since lockdown I do what sbbds does and shave it. It's less expensive and time consuming than going to a salon and you don't have to wait a week for it to grow out before getting it waxed. But also waxing lasts longer and I'm gunning for waxing it to death lol.

I tend to get my eyebrows waxed at the same time and just pluck any strays that come between sessions. I've been getting those done for 10 years so they mostly retain their shape now
    Yep, exactly the same here. When you have really dark facial hair waxing or permanent removal seem like the most useful options, lol. I haven't tried shaving... when I can't go for some reason I bleach them, but that still pisses me off bc they're visible

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark lipstick is cool, including near black. My mom got me all these Kat Von D one's once and it was fun wearing them.

I second the eye-shadow primer being essential to make the colors last. It's also nice to put a light/shimmery color in the corner/tear duct area

Has anyone typed themselves in Kibbe's or Kitchener's systems? Pretty cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctLawKaxs2s (at some point she also uses her own color-typing method called Artistic License)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche the Child View Post
    Has anyone typed themselves in Kibbe's or Kitchener's systems?
    No, but I just looked it up and it looks cool! Do you know of any links to tests?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://overtone.co/collections/shop...ng-conditioner

I'm not sure if y'all have heard of this brand, but it colors brown/virgin hair. I put this shade on my ends and it gave it a nice antique looking rose color/tint. I accidentally got some of the blonde in my front and that turned a very vibrant pink color. It looks kind of nice mixed with the blonde and brown, like Neapolitan ice cream. The only con to this stuff is it's a bit pricey (29 bucks for a tub), but kind of worth it if you want to skip damaging your hair and just play around for a bit. I'd recommend trying the ends first so if you don't like it you'll just end up cutting it off anyway (it's semi-permanent so it will fade a good deal in time anyway). I often just wash my scalp when I wash my hair so that helps me to retain color on my ends.

They also have blue, red, orange, pink and green coloring for natural brown hair. It's very pigmented which is why it will show on brown hair and make blonde hair very vibrant. There are images on the site that show what it looks like, but keep in mind that some of the models are like, not that dark of hair, like dark blonde/light brown, so I would definitely do some google searches on swatches on darker brown colors.

No, but I just looked it up and it looks cool! Do you know of any links to tests?
    no, I once came across a test but it felt TLDR at the time. I might try it again. Let me know if you find one that resonates. I think photos/descriptions suffice to get an idea of one's type.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gonna try this one later. she goes through a bunch of questions about your body/face features, and then you just tally them up at the end for your type (mostly option a, b, c etc.)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Has anyone typed themselves in Kibbe's or Kitchener's systems? Pretty cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctLawKaxs2s (at some point she also uses her own color-typing method called Artistic License)
    yes and I think I’m theatrical romantic!

I’m 5 foot 4 and about 105lbs I think (I haven’t weighed myself in a while) so I’m quite petite. But I’m definitely not boyish. My eyes and cheeks are quite round but my nose and shoulders are sharp.

but generally I also look more “ingenue” than femme fatale. My real life style is more gamine but since learning about this I’ve added more romantic elements. I guess I’m moving somewhere towards a mix between soft gamine and theatrical romantic.
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I really like that test. I look andfeel better in stiff, fitted clothes, and when I took that, I got the result for those clothes, and it was nice to have a list of all the nice but ew on me clothes all curated so I dont buy stuff because I'm on the fence about it and in a hurry. less time.like it matched my experience but was now nicely organized in a 'don't bother' list

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as my facial features and body I think pretty even on romantic and classic with some dramatic mixed in.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wore eyeliner and brow pencil for the first time in forever. When you don't wear makeup, a tiny bit seems to be a huge change on your face. Was interesting. I realized my dislike of having some makeup and grooming standards forced on me when I was a kid that aren't essential has contributed to me eschewing a lot of it.

Was good to see it as something anyone can choose rather than something I'm forced to do based on how I pee.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenasnoches View Post
    I like this youtuber. She's been doing some reviews of this stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    I like this youtuber. She's been doing some reviews of this stuff:

G7gy6jfjy

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ania View Post
    I actually hardly ever use make-up but...I think I figured out why that pinkish-red lipstick out of all the other red lipsticks I have had - looked the best on me...
    apparently I have "cool undertone." But yes, believe it or not, I spent forever trying to find the perfect red lipstick for me since I like the color. I don't particularly like pink but it looks pretty good on me.

I like nail polish! But they always come off very easily, and I don't know the 'proper' way to do it (by myself not professionally).

As for clothing, I like feminine but not overly tight or frilly clothing. I am probably Kibbe soft natural (although its possible that system might not be best for me idk).

Facial wax strips work fine for me. I even started using them for eyebrows currently due to quarantine and I think I’m actually not doing such a terrible job. My eyebrows look pretty good. I usually get them threaded
    have you looked at the Winter color palettes and the Summer https://30somethingurbangirl.com/sum...onal-palettes/ones? That might be of use to you.
    And, hey!...topcoat can get you an extra three days on your nail polish.

(Click on the flowers)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have looked into that before, I am likely "true summer." Although it's a little amusing to me how the models or actors they choose to portray that season are almost always white.

Anyways, as for nail polish, they start chipping like hours after I do them. I just feel like it's impractical to try to maintain them...and yes I have top and bottom coats but it asks me to use ... idk one of those light machine thingies. Lol, a little too much effort that what's worth it for currently at least. Maybe I will give it a try another time.
    Yeah, they need to diversify their portfolio

I have no idea what that light machine thing is, so you're ahead of me in the knowledge department, there

Yeah...I started only painting my toe nails because they lasted at least. but Now I don't bother with that.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a UV nail lamp lol
    that seems intense. i can't be arsed

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default makeup and de males

and

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning: DO NOT use redness relievers for beauty unless MAYBE if it's very rarely that you do.ASK YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE YOU DO IT. It can cause SERIOUS eye problems when you overuse these. The rest of his video seems pretty good.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

professional make-up artist does his brother's make-up

and these dudes have now taught nanashi how to use brow gel. Maybe I'll want to some day

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast