Thread: Truth and niceness

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YXPR View Post
    Thats Fi talk. In fact that describes interaction between Fi PolR (SLE & ILE) and Fi types from the Fi pov.

Its not privilege lmao. "Stay humble" moralizing..

Not very IEI.
    Last edited by SGF; 07-01-2020 at 10:59 AM.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Thats Fi talk. In fact that describes interaction between Fi PolR (SLE & ILE) and Fi types from the Fi pov.

Its not privilege lmao. "Stay humble" moralizing..

Not very IEI.
    You talk so much nonsense lol

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You talk so much nonsense lol
    Explain, what part about that was nonsense?

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask yourself why it’s always cis straight white males that complain about people getting “triggered”. The entitlement and the lack of emotional intelligence makes me want to puke.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don’t need to have high Fi to know when you’re talking about things you don’t understand.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you’re going to make everything about socionics at least be smart about it.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask yourself why it’s always cis straight white males that complain about people getting “triggered”. The entitlement and the lack of emotional intelligence makes me want to puke.
    You don’t need to have high Fi to know when you’re talking about things you don’t understand.
    If you’re going to make everything about socionics at least be smart about it.
    Ok EII..

..you know, you could have made a single post or just edit the first one and add the other answers. while you have a point I guess, this is still a textbook example of Fi base meets Fi PolR. Check your type plz.
    Last edited by SGF; 07-01-2020 at 02:01 PM. Reason: typos...OCD

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    because its more about power/control/group think/"what feels right" than it is about truth. nobody cares about truth.

pretending to care about truth is just a surface level thing
    How can everyone not realize the very basic feature of human beings that makes everyone inclined to attribute this error to those with oppositional worldviews? My natural inclination is to think that those with opposing opinions are just ignoring the facts (and you're one of those people) but I can exercise my cognition and empathy for 2 seconds to come to terms with the fact that people are generally motivated by the truth (in the framework of their exposure and perception, which doesn't exclude emotional coloration, no matter how much of a badass logical someone is). Saying "those people don't care about truth" is not only inaccurate, but also completely unimpactful except for maybe providing both sides with a feeling of indignant righteousness that adds to the universal shitpile of conflict fuel.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Right are bigger snowflakes than the Left. Getting triggered by other people getting triggered.... is adorable.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically I think the Right is right about the perils of losing freedom of speech and expression, I think their alarm is real, I think we would be wise to heed their warnings. The problem is that they only present these arguments in a way in which it seems they are upset about speech being restricted when it comes to being bigoted and are fine with squashing the freedom of speech on the Left. They don't call out their own hypocrisy, therefore the Left will not believe them. They are also right about warning the Left away from becoming so radical that they just destroy everything. It's true most of us would hate that outcome, but then they go extremist themselves and ignite the fears of right wing authoritarianism that the Left has.

The Left however is right about inequality. They are right this isn't a meritocracy. They are right this system is holding people down. They are right that capitalism has turned far too brutal. They are right that racism is real. Etc. The Right won't give them the time of day on this, will concede nothing. I know when the Left goes radical it scares the crap out of the Right, and I feel the Left needs to work on trying to be empathetic about what is scaring people. But they apparently can't. They make moral judgments about who deserves empathy, while comparing to the groups that consistently are getting no empathy and are suffering much worse than simply staring at their TVs in fear of the future. And the people who are really disempowered in our society aren't lying when they say they are exhausted and it's too much for them to try to summon up more empathy for those who aren't so disempowered who will not hear them about what is oppressing their group. (By "most disempowered" I mainly mean along racial lines--for instance African Americans and Native Americans are the two groups who seem most disempowered in the US, but it continues from there--anyone not white, poor people, LGBTQ...)

As for truth. I think it's true that neither side is very interested in it right now, and that is indeed scary. Truth is becoming nothing but a perspective--which narrative are you pushing. So in that sense I agree it's about power. Narratives are powerful.

And I mean I'm not saying it's simple. For instance, the Right calls out identity politics, and I think they're right that identity politics can actually be more divisive than not... But then they won't divorce themselves from obvious white supremacists. What are white supremacists using? Identity politics. And the Right isn't sensitive to how it's really only white people by and large in the US who have in the past been able to live free of identity politics and be "individuals." They don't like being labeled as a group? Well, neither has anyone else. But those groups were defined by inequality.

ETA: I feel I wasn't critical enough of the Left, so I'm adding on. The Left in my view is going a bit too far. By this I don't mean the progressive movement in general as I think progressives actually account for about half of the Democratic party and we should have progressive representation in government (half of the Democrats in our government should be progressive to represent the people). I'm all for getting more perspectives into politics because the people are diverse in their perspectives. But anyway, the totalitarianism emerging on the Left is bad. It's intolerant. It will lead to ruin. It's going too far. But I can empathize with why they feel that way. It's infuriating when people are suffering for so long and nothing will change.

ETA2: And the other thing that pisses me off is how it's actually in the Right's best interest to confront inequality. If they don't like how the Left is doing it, then do it better, stop whining like a pathetic loser. Our racial inequality actually compromises our national security. It's a weakness that others who want to destroy the US and the west can exploit. This seems right up the right wing alley. But what are they doing? WHINING. Burying their heads in the sand. Going towards macho stereotypes to feel powerful. Like how pathetic are you! It's stupid.

Maybe they are angry at the Left for becoming intolerant. But why can't they look at themselves? They've become useless fearful sticks in the mud. (See Mitch McConnell good gawd.) They don't stand up for their conservative ideals. They lie and push towards authoritarianism.
    Last edited by marooned; 07-01-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    i like being a pretty snowflake doe, better than being cow turd. ew

@xerxe smells like a shit-stained underwear... its adorable

I smell like your mom. <3

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thread is about shit now? ughhhhhhhhh. dear ppl of the opposite sex, shit is not enthralling, it's stupid. i swear i learned this when i was 10.

no, inumbra, we're guys and we care about our farts because we are actually 12 years old.

oh wonderful, how wonderful for you all, i don't understand the fascination with bowel movements, i've worked in assisted living before. and you know what happened? the first two weeks were an endless struggle not to quit, but i needed income. and i adapted to see humans as humans.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"the truth hurts" seems like it's just a justfication to be an asshole.

Yes the truth can hurt. But the truth can also be beautiful. Reality is complicated.

I am all for free speech and people saying what they want but there SHOULD be consequences for actual rudeness lol otherwise it just kinda sounds like the person wants a bunch of victims to abuse without penalty in a sense.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    "the truth hurts" seems like it's just a justfication to be an asshole.

Yes the truth can hurt. But the truth can also be beautiful. Reality is complicated.

I am all for free speech and people saying what they want but there SHOULD be consequences for actual rudeness lol otherwise it just kinda sounds like the person wants a bunch of victims to abuse without penalty in a sense.
    There is your truth and there is my truth. As for the "truth", there is no such thing. What is beautiful to me may be shitty to you..

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you’re right I’m EII and you are Ti crea LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12