Thread: Workplace drama

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Workplace drama

So an SEE at work ordered lunch and began to pass it out to everyone as to keep the flow organized. Another hot headed SEE came to grab her lunch and shoved the one SEE aside and the loud SEE got so emotionally worked up. The SEE followed the one shoving around and over heard her complain about the fist SEE. The first one then started to scream back and things got so emotionally escalated. The LSE at work tried to calm the SEE down as the SEE is trying to explain to the LSE all that went down and the LSE took her hand and said “try to relax” “enjoy your lunch “ and “enjoy the moment” I stood as a calm observer
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-16-2020 at 03:11 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o.o we have 2 departments led by women here. One by an LSI (administrative), one by a SEE (accounting) and they hate each-other / constantly bicker for power and influence. Every week they find some minor thing (often illogical) to argue about and fight over / drag their respective departments into the fight like bossy children.

The LSI is highly anal, combative ... very often socially def tbh.. and the SEE is also very combative, sometimes illogical and often very forceful.

I try to avoid the drama e_e the guys in production find them amusing, but the boss is really tired of their shit.. physically separating the 2 departments hasn't worked.
    Last edited by SGF; 06-16-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SEE...
    I remember one. Her duties were monotonely to calculate things and she did this not badly. But Ti was her problematic region.
    May be also because of such working for years she became rather nervous and conflicting. I saw her rude talking with several people. Up to criminal threats.
    That small department's boss was LIE, what should helped her to have his good attitudes and closed eyes on minor hooliganism. This predisposed him to take her side without serious research of what happens, while that was against his duties and morality.
    She had a pal there - ILI. Probably she influenced so that one was placed to work near her.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I stood as a calm observer
    You coward!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    You coward!
    Keep things calm and carry on
    It turned out to be a three day war
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I try to back up and prepare before I get myself into a conflict so that it's a relatively small deal when I actually hit it.

I'm lucky that I don't work in a place where arbitrary emotional posturing works/is tolerated (aka I work with civilized people).

I create (more than) my fair share of conflict though, because if something doesn't make sense or puts us in a bad spot, I say something even if it's unpleasant to do so.