Hybrid View

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Panda View Post
    Why do you expect this? I expect the exact opposite, that most people are on autopilot most of the time.
    I guess I shouldn't, but I suppose I just think of people's minds as being mostly running monologues that should be capable of analysis of behavior. I guess I just like to know why people do the things they do & assume others would wonder about those things too. I probably have more interest in it than most people, I guess. Just doing things without the running commentary of my own voice in my head would seem strange. Lol

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Personally, I'm more likely to have an 'empty head' (nirvana-like, heh) than a monologue at any given moment. And even if I have some words in my head, those are usually not monologues of myself analyzing something, but playing with scenarios/situations/imaginations. My analyses happen to be mostly unconscious and very automatic in a way. They just are.
    That's interesting. People's thought processes definitely widely vary (which also adds to my point in this thread that it's hard to blanket statement apply or attribute something to everyone & their brain/thoughts). Personally, I'm very aware of my analysis of any or everything.