Thread: Demi Lovato's E-Type

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Demi Lovato's E-Type

^Some 6 might be going on, some 8? Maybe anybody of you is more familiar with Demi, or has typed her before.

@Olimpia @Without Warning @darya?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb E-9

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Likely 1w2 though there is some possibility of 2w1. Many of her lyrics are on the 1/2 axis.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm legit curious does she rub anyone else the wrong way super hard? like I can't help but react negatively to everything about her. Don't mean to derail, and I hope the thread continues as normal, but godamn I can't stand Demi Lovato, I wonder if anyone else feels the same way or its just me. The reason I ask is because I feel like it might be illustrative to see if she alienates people according to some pattern, or I just have a bug up my ass for no reason

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yes the way she cries about being bullied but then carries herself in the way I associate with bullies is really off putting. she really does ooze fakeness from my point of view

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

She annoys me in a similar way to Hillary Clinton - gives off an impression of being calculated but will play up being all smiley and friendly and nice, while what she says and her songs barely have any feeling to it which is strange for a singer - they are likely both T-leads 1w2 sp/so.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

so/sx 6w7, 638 i assume
    Last edited by maniac; 03-16-2018 at 04:15 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know her Etype, but I'd double down and split the aces on Borderline.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the reason why she is(seems) bratty and fake is exactly because she was bullied. I read that she is also dealing with substance abuse and an eating disorder(also mentioned in the doc) which just shows the not so glamourous side of fame. She is pretty open about it unlike many other child stars (name one of them who hasn't gone completely off the rails)and I respect that. When she said that she did drugs while working with Disney, it made me realise that all these kids my little cousin looks up to may be going through something similar as well.
    Although Demi's lyrics have no deeper meaning and her PR team uses her past adversities to market her, I like her and feel that she is sincere.

Hesitant to type her, maybe E3 or E6, seems extroverted

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe, but can you explain how be being bullied would make someone bratty and fake. that seems odd to me on its face, but I think there may be some truth to it, I just don't see how

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's called coping with trauma. Did you watch the documentary? I watched just 15 mins of it but she's had a pretty bad childhood and alcoholic father. You can look up ACE tables if you want to (I bet she would have a high score on that one too)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah but trauma doesn't just automatically make someone respond in a particular way, I just don't see the connection between fakery and having been bullied. lots of people have been bullied and aren't fake (or whatever you want to call whatever we're describing about her) and lots of people are that way without having been bullied, so its not clear to me how the two interact. if its just random who's to say the bullying is even responsible, maybe she'd be worse if she hadn't been bullied, maybe she got bullied because she was fake... maybe the entire bullying narrative was just a way to justify being treated in a way she brought on herself to some degree (of course bullying is never justified, but some people rub others the wrong way enough to provoke hostility, etc). it could easily just be something she throws out there to paint herself as the victim when none of it is really true, at least not in that way. maybe there was no bullying and she was just a bitch and she turns around and calls anyone who calls her out on it a bully, it just doesn't add up to me. bully is one of those words people throw around because its so useful and yet vague. I notice a lot of people also do the same thing with eating disorders. its like "I'd do anything to lose weight, except eat right and exercise"--it is a mental illness like aster says, because its so ridiculous, but then its like well Demi Lovato is mentally ill, which yes, I can see.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly because it doesn't make you respond in a particular way! It's unpredictable how you may react to past abuse. Many of the people who have suffered domestic violence later struggle with aggression and anger manegement. Many of the people who are manipulative, codependent, narcissictic etc. have suffered some sort of trauma in the past. They can be fake, bratty and unstable

Children who bully other children don't do it "just because it's fun"... There's a deep underlying reason why someone wants to humiliate or hurt another human being even if that someone is a child

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I dunno, I think children work out dominance like little animals to a certain extent when they're young. its not pretty but its how they come to understand boundaries, so there's a natural aspect to the brutality and aggression they treat eachother with. yeah its ugly, but what's worse is when you make them all sit in chairs and feed them ritalin and they never really develop the capacity to truly control themselves. that said, demi lovato is a famous artist and I bet she helps a lot of people so I don't want to come down too hard on her, my whole point was I just don't really vibe with her, but I'm sure some people do and that's good. on some level I'd rather believe she's just kind of vicious rather than mentally ill and I mean that to her credit, because I don't think of "bullying" as like the worst thing that's ever happened, or that kids are naturally angels, so that if they exhibit those signs they're evil or necessarily have been abused

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

its okay you're just a big bully

case closed, etc

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I was going to say a lot here, but to sum it up, I feel bad for not liking her, but I don't. I feel like a horrible person for this. There you all go.
    Hey, you shouldn't feel bad about anything. She is a celebrity after all and her image is fabricated. What about all those people who have went through the same things as her but are nice and healthy, not bathing in cash (which she can spend on her mental health btw). I'm also not a great fan, just wanted to "explain" why she might be like that and @Bertrand certainly does have a point esp about the "animalistic" side of children nature. Sorry if I sounded rude or as if I was judging the people who don't like her, we all have our reasons after all. I don't think you guys are evil or bad for not liking her.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Thanks, XII. Still feel bad, though. I think it's easy to comment on celebs like they arent actual people with feelings and get all critical about them. She is a person with feelings, though. It makes me wonder if she were to see this thread, being unstable like I think she is, it would hurt her. And that makes me feel bad.

No, I don't think you were rude, , you just had your own stance and feelings towards her and wanted to state them. Maybe standing up for her. I can get kind of defensive abt some celebs that I really like that other people don't, like Salinger haters. So I get it.
    Thank you for understanding yes, I kinda see a little bit of myself in her and that's why I had such reaction.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was bullied a lot and can personally relate to her being bullied... I guess its hard to completely empathize with her now because she is a celebrity and drug addict and lives a wild lifestyle and that side of her I can't really relate to her... but I do enjoy her music quite a bit. I think she's very Fe though, and I feel most of her songs are tailored to gay men in particular. Of course not every gay guy is going to be into Demi Lovato =p she just appeals to faggy gay guys like me. It would surprise me if a straight male genuinely liked her music instead of making fun of it lmao.

Because of the fame its hard to see how genuine the bullying was, but being bullied sucks and it shouldn't ever be condoned. Bullying doesn't mean somebody simply being mean to you or teasing you though- it's constant and sadistic harrassment that includes mocking somebody as well as physical abuse. I see how I had a part to play in it as well but I began as an innocent, that didn't deserve what happened to me. Her fame clouds a lot of what she talks about I guess.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao @ashlesha the guy at 1:49 on the left reminds me of Radio for some reason (if Radio valued Fe or sth):

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that said, demi lovato is a famous artist and I bet she helps a lot of people so I don't want to come down too hard on her, my whole point was I just don't really vibe with her, but I'm sure some people do and that's good.
    I just really think it's the Fe dude lol. Sometimes the Fe makes even me cringe but... I relate to a lot of her songs. I think some of the lyrics almost anybody can relate to if you sort of can get past the Fe and campiness and rampant appeal to homo not hetero men. 'Pain's more trouble than love is worth.' Haven't most of us felt that way....

The line about her not washing her hair made me lol though. Seriously bitch, wash yo hair.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah you're right, I like top 40 and if she comes on I usually listen and can even get into it, I just have to sever whatever feelings I have about her personally from that moment. If I sit there and start to think about it I really start to hate everything about it, but I choose not to do that most the time, because why even turn on the radio if that's your thing. Fe is super relatable if you just let it go

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This might be the 7w8 Sp-last anthem out there

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A young SLE trying to work through it. They don’t mature until late 30s early 40s. She needs to drop the weird SLE life coach from the documentary. Side note Nick Jonas, damn fine.

She represents super super low intuition. At first I thought this bitch is basic and then scrubbed through that doc for the last 25 minutes and she became pretty real, albiet a tough bitch for me and in that I kinda grew to like her.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think she is an illuminati puppet shell of a human created to represent demisexuality (it's even what her name looks like) and inflame conflicted feelings about sexuality in the masses. Spiraling e7 or some 4/7 stuff. Documentary is fake af, definitely scripted. Nobody can be that smooth and frank while being so cliche.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She seems like a standard 6w7 if you ask me. Reminds me a bit of Amy Schumer in her manner of speech.

She does seem a bit bitchy and "out there" with her rock bottom logic and intuition but luckily I could see myself easily just ignoring her if I had to work with her, rather then someone I'd be likely to get pulled into fights with.

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I think she is an illuminati puppet shell of a human created to represent demisexuality (it's even what her name looks like) and inflame conflicted feelings about sexuality in the masses. Spiraling e7 or some 4/7 stuff. Documentary is fake af, definitely scripted. Nobody can be that smooth and frank while being so cliche.
    Something "off" about the whole thing. I kept asking: can this even be real? Who are these alien people and why are they talking in this way, taking their own shit so seriously? Is this parody?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ exactly

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's an enneagram 3w2(possibly 2w3, but I think she's 3 first.) So/Sx. She comes across as extremely image conscious and image projecting. She also has that enneagram 3 workaholic streak. Sixes can be hard workers too, but with Demi I sense that it's all about working hard to portray a specific image. She always has an audience in mind.
    I think some people might think she's an enneagram 6 because she has an insecure/goofy vibe, but I definitely think she is a 3.
    I also think she's an ESE in socionics.

Iv'e been a fan of her since 2008
    Last edited by bohemienne; 12-02-2018 at 09:11 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sp-last 6w7 probably. Her music vibes 7w8 as fuck, but in interviews she comes off too constrained and calculated for that. I think her music just plays up her lifestyle for money, and the lifestyle comes from immature turbulence.

I kinda like her. She needs to get ahold of herself, her drug binges will get her killed eventually, but I respect the take-no-shit thing she has going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I know I am a bit late to this discussion but I just thought, as I was reading this earlier, if I could maybe share my point of view on what you believe. I am a lovatic so, yes, I am biased to Demi. However, I know a lot about her from interviews, tweets, posts and seeing her live. To me, she never oozed fakeness. When I was being bullied, I felt like crap, as anyone who is bullied would, but above everything I felt so alone. I knew no one who was going through anything similar to what I was going through and I didn’t want to tell anyone in fear that would only make it worse. So I resorted to bad bad habits. Then, I found Demi’s song Warrior, when a friend introduced me to her album: DEMI. The song may not necessarily even be about bullying but the lyrics and the emotion gave me comfort and for a couple of minutes, when I listened to that song I felt understood. I read up on Demi and found out through interviews she was bullied and suffered from self harm, an eating disorder, depression, anxiety, bipolar. She made it vocal that we weren’t alone. She stopped me from feeling isolated and for the first time in ages I felt understood. I made a better life for myself eventually after listening to her advice and her strength. I knew if she could do it, I could too and from my honest point of view, she never seemed fake in the slightest. Last year, I read her mum’s book: falling with wings. I read how Demi was bullied. Her mum talked about the words she saw the kids wrote about Demi on the school walls. Demis friends have also mentioned what happened to her being very traumatic. She isn’t bratty from my perspective. She has a heart of gold, she is incredibly caring, she is a big family person and she never ever stops looking out for her fans and ensuring they aren’t alone. When I saw her in London last year she said clearly that if we were ever alone to put on her music because we would be there for her. Yes, she has gone through her bad times. She was addicted to cocaine and the lows that came with the drug can make you angry, anxious, etc... . She also has mentioned having anger issues, which was something you can’t control and bipolar, when you have manic episodes and big highs and lows and also her bipolar meant she would be up until 5am writing songs. This resulted in a lack of sleep which can lead to people acting the way you usually wouldn’t. After rehab, it was clear for a while Demi was no longer the same person she was at 17/18. She wasn’t manipulative. She was a completely different person and she even mentioned in her documentary she was ashamed of the person she was then. She has done so much charity work and cared for so many people in many ways. I have hardly heard anyone say a bad word about her really apart from the version she was when she was very sick. I seriously can’t see Demi being the person who rubs people up the wrong way apart from when she is sick and can’t control herself. She was bullied from a very very young age and many witnesses state she was bullied badly. They do not state she started the bullying or rubbed people up the wrong way. Even if she did, it doesn’t excuse them for calling her fat and signing a petition for her to kill her self. As soon as she came off being on barney and friends people started bullying her for being fat and for being on a little kids show. Selena got the same from being on barney. Some kids act on jealousy in the most vile ways. Demi is a gorgeous person with the most kind heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demi seems so SEE.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE 3w2 maybe?

I'm a fan. I love her music & voice. Her, Ariana Grande, & Tori Kelly have the best voices out of any millennial aged pop stars imo.

I think it's the Fe that you're seeing as being "fake".