• LSE

0 0%
  • SLE

0 0%
  • ESE

0 0%
  • SEE

0 0%

Thread: Questionnaire what's my type? Help me find my type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Questionnaire what's my type? Help me find my type.

The Extended Questionnaire v3.0

So I am here after quite a long time after making my initial post. Anyways I am interested in knowing my type, more opinions the better. Also explain why you think I am a specific type if you don't mind.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    Currently I am studying Mechanical Engineering for the college. Initially I had the thought that I would be able to learn something interesting and be able to develop some skills, however after enrolling for the course, I ended up being disappointed and realised that this isn't the course which I genuinely like. My interests keep on changing so it is pretty hard for me to select a specific course for long term. Anyways I did enjoy the learning when it was just focussed on the gist of the subject, but later on the subject became much more detail oriented rather than just using the big picture and theoretical approach. Also the syllabus or teaching method of the subjects are more focussed on rote learning, rather than true learning. Teachers don't like it when you try to explore or do beyond what is mentioned in the syllabus. For once one teacher did tell me privately to just focus on what is being taught in the class. And this didn't rub me the right way, so my grades deteriorated over time.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    I mostly just explore random topics to read about on the internet. Anyways for now I am interested in personality theories, earlier I did enjoy learning about astronomy, cars, bikes, biology in humans, Physics and doing some maths problems. But one consistent interest of mine has always been playing video games and solving puzzles. I just like them because, it relieves me of boredom I guess.

What are your values, and why?
    I am not much aware of my values. But I think that the world would have been much better if people were more blunt and honest. And if there wasn't a culture for all those pointless small talks and other fake behaviours. I definitely hate those because they create facade in relationships.

Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    I usually don't get along with my family. Whenever my dad brings up about a topic, we constantly argue with each other with no one really agreeing with each other. It seems that my dad gets offended when I try to poke holes in his arguments, if he were able to back himself up with sound arguments, maybe then I would have gotten along with him better. And my mom always supports father no matter the cause, however she is incredibly loyal. Only one whom I genuinely get along with is my brother. He usually understands me and is a bit empathetic to everyone. But he tries too hard to please everyone.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I usually only try to make friends when there is a mutual benefit. During my childhood, I did try to get along with others, but was constantly rejected due to me being different. And was bullied a lot. In fact a lot of times I did allow myself to be lied to or pranked or falsely accused, just because back then I had hope that I would get along with others that way. After those experiences piling up, I just didn't care anymore, however I was attracted to outcasts, they ended up being far more interesting than other people I have seen. So considering all those experiences and my subjective opinion about people in general. It is definitely harder to make friends beyond that level of relationship especially when most of the friends are just a wolf in sheep's clothing. Also I would want them to be loyal. I am not that much sure about romance. But I think I would prefer them to be much less needy or dependent on me.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    Usually I have been into a lot of conflicts with people, one of them I have mentioned in my family part. Another one was my ex room partner who always tried to take advantage of me and tried to manipulate me, I pointed it out later after trying to control my anger and when he still didn't improve on those points I talked with him, I just doorslamed him without any notice. However my conflicts are only limited to arguments and me leaving if they become unreasonable. I think they happen because I usually do find out what others are up to pretty quickly or rather their flaws but usually I tolerate it pretty long that it usually ends up in an explosion, then ruining the relationship.

What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?
    I am fairly analytical, objective and sometimes calm when we are in a tense situation(at least externally). I don't really think people really like anything about me other than me being able to give some advice to solve problems and being a tool to them, sometimes help others when no one else does. I don't really like much about myself either, other than those.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    One of my weakness is the one which I have mentioned here. Anyways for others, I am pretty lazy, indecisive, take too long to get into action, sometimes not in touch with the news(unless it is of importance to me). Others criticize me for lack of warmth, sympathy and for me being insensitive, rude, not following social norms, being alone and blunt. I do wish that I had a bit more positive outlook on life. I dislike my negative outlook on life.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I pretty much lack life skills for now. Except perhaps knowing to make myself a coffee and some junk foods. I might need more help in getting out of that negativity and a bit of social skills.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    I dislike being forced to do what I don't want to do out of my own will, generally I hate all kinds of detailed works like writing a few pages of essays. I do enjoy playing video games, reading about stuff online and watching some documentary videos more than others.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future, and why?
    I want to be successful so that I can change all the flaws we currently have in the world from education to how people treat each other. At the same time, I am also interested in making some comics, being an astronomer, being a business man. Because those jobs seem to be more fun than other options we have today. At least you have freedom and can do things out of your own will.

If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?
    I would like to come up with new ideas on how to do things, do something which might be fun for me at that time. And use that money to pay employees who get those implimented.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    I like dark humors, try to have some philosophical debates(if they were reasonable), talking about the problems in current society/world etc. I don't really like all those small talks, blindly following the rules which make no sense just because everyone follows them, also I don't really get why you are supposed to blindly conform to everything.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)?
    I usually don't do much about it unless everything piles up. But when cleaning I can get obsessed.

In what situations or times in your life did you feel most fulfilled, and why?
    So far I haven't really felt like that.

How do you behave around strangers?
    I am fairly quiet around strangers. Don't joke much with them and could be apathetic.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    I try to find a common ground, if they are not reasonable, I just leave and let them do whatever they want, but tell them to not contact me further if something goes wrong. If someone insults me, I generally don't day much, but after everything piles up I try to tell them their insecurities which are often true. And criticise their arguments. Often times people leave me alone after that.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Rarely. It just happens when I am feeling down. I try to impliment step by step methods to get out of that, if it lasts too long.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    Not sure. But it does seem interesting. Also I have discussed it in previous questions.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    I don't care much about that. Whatever's comfortable.

What were you like as a child? How have you changed since then?
    I was pretty playful,curious(asked a lot of questions), talkative as a child, usually didn't obey elders if they didn't provide good reasoning. But after getting so much punished by teachers and all of those kinds of authorities, I became afraid of them. So I don't really call out something wrong done by them anymore(except if they are close to me).

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    Sure I do like them when I am in a good mood. But otherwise they are draining. I am not sure why.

How do you feel about attention? Do you seek it out?
    I generally don't like getting the spotlight.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    We divide our roles when working in a team. I don't really expect much from others, but ask them to do their part.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what approach would you take, and why?
    Honestly I don't really want to have a child so far but if I might have one, I would like my child to be independent and have individual thinking ability. I would like him to solve problems on his own but won't mind helping him if I know he can't solve him on his own. I might also ask him to ask me a lot of questions because sometimes even kids can teach you something.

What is your biggest accomplishment?
    Not any that I can remember, except maybe scoring well on some aptitude tests.

What was (or is) your high school experience like?
    High School also was not that good of an experience. There were only few teachers in my perspective who were really trying to make students learn something or do some problem solving in their own way. No students really liked me, except someone showing me a fake sympathy. And I obeyed teachers and did as they told due to bad experiences with them, however I never asked any question in class, which I did when I was pretty small.

What is something you regret?
    So far not developing enough social skills or life skills.

Who do you admire, and why?
    I did admire Albert Einstein because he came up with a new way of looking at things, contributed to changing perceptions in the society and stood up for all the flaws in the society at that time. He also was pretty much a forward thinker at that time. For modern time, Stephen Hawking for developing new theories about astrophysics, and being successful despite his illness.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
    I am concerned about me not really caring any more about the reality. I just do things which I like to distract me from boredom, thinking about various things without realizing those ideas. And other problems, I have already mentioned.

What are your spiritual or religious beliefs and why do you hold them?
    I am not really a religious person. But it is possible that God exists or maybe he doesn't. We would never know. I do think that we might never really know the absolute truth, only the better versions of them. If we look at the trend in the past, there has always been a new discovery which disproves the older one. So there cannot be any way to find the objective truth.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    I am liberal left, I think. However I don't care much.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    I would like the job which encourages independent thinking, focuses on solving few real world problems or maybe the ones which can come in the future. Also the hub which encourages some form of creativity(even tho I think I lack it presently). Of course, job should have decent salary.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    It had mainly been maths and science. I just loved the problem solving, theoretical aspects of those subjects. And to some extend art until one teacher ruined it for me.

What is one common misconception that people have about life? Explain why it is wrong.
    Most of the people tend to overestimate their abilities in all of the aspects. For example they think they are more intelligent than they are, are more kinder than they are, more open minded than they are of differences. These things actually create more problems than they do solve them. One of the example is the subconscious racism bias and all those sorts of things, not enough preparation for the future, etc. Another misconceptions is that if you don't get along with anyone, then it is you who are the problem. That is an example of ad populum fallacy. Throughout the history it is the minority of the people who were actually right, however same can be said for the problematic people throughout history. However saying that is not looking at things from different perspectives.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    Nowhere.

Talk about a significant event from your life.
    Pretty much what I said as a reply to other questions.
    How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Explained those in other answers. One problem is that people have less acceptance of differences, all of those actually increase the crime rate by minority groups. So rather than entirely blaming the minority, it would be better for all of us to think what are we doing wrong, cause and effects, etc.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    I just try a different method. This depends on what I want. So I cannot really specify which approach I use.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
    If others are not competent, I am. Otherwise I pretty much don't because it uses up too much energy and is a lot of work.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    Rarely, however when I do get angry no one sees it coming. Just annoying me, becoming overly needy, lying, manipulation, makes me angry.

What is one unusual trait or ability you possess? What makes you special?
    I am more considerate than others. Even after all this, I am still trying to improve myself.

What is your sense of humor like? Do you joke around a lot?
    I like sarcastic,dark humor, puns, surreal humor. I hope around a lot if I get close to someone, however that is rare. Otherwise I don't.

Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?
    I just go away from there, if I think he can't take any advise. Since I am bad at offering comfort. Although I can feed sad.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
    Nothing.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
    Nothing.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?
    I have explained the purpose in other questions. I find it meaningful to do things which I like and to explore them in depth.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    I don't travel much.

Do you like surprises?
    Not anymore.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE or ILI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    ILE or ILI
    Thank you for your reply. However don't ILE's and ILI's use different set of functions. So I am curious why you think I am one of those types.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your text really makes you appear as an unpleasant person. It reminds me a bit of my own text in this forum section. ILE and ILI came to my mind as well, but ILI seems to be much more likely.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@AKU extinguishment types are very similar, they just have different values. They're like two sides of the same coin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    Your text really makes you appear as an unpleasant person. It reminds me a bit of my own text in this forum section. ILE and ILI came to my mind as well, but ILI seems to be much more likely.
    I can see why I come across as unpleasant. That explains why I haven't really got much replies. Anyways what subtype do you think I am? Type Ni or Te?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I don't really know about the intuitive/logical subtyping. But you seem to have a bluntness often associated with Te subtypes.