Thread: DS^2

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DS^2

A big part of self-development consists of learning how to use the demonstrative function in conjunction with the suggestive function, or we may say in terms of Model A2, using the progressive demonstrative function (p8). Someone who does not do this can conversely seem myopic or naive.

How true is this?

Don't remember where I got it from. It was talking about benefaction.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    A big part of self-development consists of learning how to use the demonstrative function in conjunction with the suggestive function
    the most of development may be done in weak regions. so "a big part" may be said about this only

> demonstrative function in conjunction with the suggestive function

the best is to use and develop functions through _valued_ regions and hence primarily accent on them. having in the mind that all 4 functions are equally important for the life, in all 8 variants

and there is nothing special in a priority of suggestive + demonstrative usage

> Model A2

heresy

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well technically, behaving that way isn't self-developing. It's other-developing. It's wanting to turn a type you don't like into something else to make other people comfortable, a demonstrative function into an egoic one. That's what it smells like to me, the dark side of it anyway.

In other words, behaving that way will make people who naturally don't like you tolerate you- as they are falling more for a facade of change. 'Who you are' still isn't developing much nor are you being loved for who you really are, so it sucks.

You already use your demonstrative function and suggestive function a lot naturally so I'm not sure about having to develop that.

Other-development has its uses though when people get off on psychologically tormenting you and you to need to manipulate them to get them off your back. But the bad side of Other Development is it puts you in a situation where a conflicting type gets too much control and say of your own life.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Well technically, behaving that way isn't self-developing. It's other-developing. It's wanting to turn a type you don't like into something else to make other people comfortable, a demonstrative function into an egoic one. That's what it smells like to me, the dark side of it anyway.

In other words, behaving that way will make people who naturally don't like you tolerate you- as they are falling more for a facade of change. 'Who you are' still isn't developing much nor are you being loved for who you really are, so it sucks.

You already use your demonstrative function and suggestive function a lot naturally so I'm not sure about having to develop that.

Other-development has its uses though when people get off on psychologically tormenting you and you to need to manipulate them to get them off your back. But the bad side of Other Development is it puts you in a situation where a conflicting type gets too much control and say of your own life.
    I thought you don't use your suggestive a lot

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A big part of self-development consists of learning how to use the demonstrative function in conjunction with the suggestive function, or we may say in terms of Model A2, using the progressive demonstrative function (p8). Someone who does not do this can conversely seem myopic or naive.

How true is this?

Don't remember where I got it from. It was talking about benefaction.
    Very interesting. I Googled it and it came from here: https://wholesocionics.blogspot.com/...actor.html?m=1 .

Edit: It was made by the user on here, “thehotelambush”. I think he got himself banned or something like that, or just left. I don’t like him very much as a person, but I occasionally like some of his thinking.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you don't use your suggestive a lot
    It’s at the weakest tail end of your unconscious control. Jung said that leading function usage implies inferior function usage, like yin and yang I suppose. We use all functions “a lot” but some are “stronger” and “weaker” than others, relative to our own Model A.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Very interesting. I Googled it and it came from here: https://wholesocionics.blogspot.com/...actor.html?m=1 .

Edit: It was made by the user on here, “thehotelambush”. I think he got himself banned or something like that, or just left. I don’t like him very much as a person, but I occasionally like some of his thinking.
    I see! Too bad he's gone, I wonder what some of his ideas were. I'd never come across the idea that demonstrative+suggestive was good to develop before (whether or not it's true)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see! Too bad he's gone, I wonder what some of his ideas were. I'd never come across the idea that demonstrative+suggestive was good to develop before (whether or not it's true)
    Anecdotally, I think it’s a good idea. I think some development and focus on unvalued IEs is a good idea, in general.

It’s preferable to not turn oneself into some grotesque caricature.