Thread: Hi :3 ENTJ here !!

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
    Interesting. Too bad I don't know many, except my mom is isfj. Not gonna date her hahaaha
    I know a decent number of ESIs actually pretty closely, lol. Both female and male. I think it isn't a rare type really

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting. Too bad I don't know many, except my mom is isfj. Not gonna date her hahaaha
    Well, you've got a head start in knowing how not to piss them off. I'm still behind the eight ball in that area.

I offended the last female ESI on a date so hard that she's done with me. I had no idea what I was doing. I'm an idiot when it comes to interpersonal relationships in general. Plus, I'm divorced from a 20-year marriage and I should know better by now but I don't seem to.

ESI's and LIE's need to find each other early, preferably before age 30, because the social gulf between them just grows with time and it makes meeting each other nearly impossible. Once you've met, things can go better, if the LIE isn't working on being a thoughtless asshole and the ESI isn't working on being an easily outraged moral crusader, but these roles are easy to fall into.

I walked into a coffee shop fresh from a business meeting and wearing my business clothes, and the very attractive and Bohemian female ESI behind the counter said in a quiet aside to her co-worker, "That's the enemy." So you have that to contend with, too.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Well, you've got a head start in knowing how not to piss them off. I'm still behind the eight ball in that area.

I offended the last female ESI on a date so hard that she's done with me. I had no idea what I was doing. I'm an idiot when it comes to interpersonal relationships in general. Plus, I'm divorced from a 20-year marriage and I should know better by now but I don't seem to.

ESI's and LIE's need to find each other early, preferably before age 30, because the social gulf between them just grows with time and it makes meeting each other nearly impossible. Once you've met, things can go better, if the LIE isn't working on being a thoughtless asshole and the ESI isn't working on being an easily outraged moral crusader, but these roles are easy to fall into.

I walked into a coffee shop fresh from a business meeting and wearing my business clothes, and the very attractive and Bohemian female ESI behind the counter said in a quiet aside to her co-worker, "That's the enemy." So you have that to contend with, too.
    Omgggggg haha she sounds cute. Bohemian vibes are always nice

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'll be going to see my friend shortly. Thanks for those who tried to understand me. And don't worry, I'll be keeping six feet * wink *

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's probably not worth anything but I'd like to say sorry that I was being bitchy with the mental health comment to you @thegreenfaerie. I didn't need to be immature and resort to an ad hominem argument. It wasn't nice and I was insensitive to those with actual mental health problems. I'm sure from this conversation I left a bad taste in ur mouth. I can't really change that and I don't expect u to feel any different about me. and that's not really the point of saying sorry. An apology is still deserved for that pettiness on my end. I think it's worth acknowledging that I should not make light of mental health issues regardless of the situation.

Type me whatever you want thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    TIM
    469 Delta NF
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't do much better in retaliating bringing up personality disorders and that went against my own values really. I've worked with people with severe mental illness for a long time and I have an immense amount of of care for them. I guess I don't like people who are very manipulative and only out for themselves though, which can sometimes be in line with personality disorders. It was honestly, defense for the most part and potentially just misjudgment. Thank you for apologizing. I don't have significant mental illness issues, but I am struggling right now with some stuff I think mostly pertaining to place in life, and I do struggle with anxiety issues. I'm in the midst of changing my life. It's good you recognize the insensitivity because what if I did have a significant mental illness, that could have been very painful. Thank you once again.

On a second unrelated note, I an ambivert and an odd person (well, it's probably not that abnormal really) in the sense that I can be very different in different settings and in different company. I'm kind of fluid I suppose. With introverts I can take the lead, with extroverts I can take a back seat. I can be deadpan and like Daria, usually if I am uncomfortable, and I can be expressive as hell and extremely animated. Sometimes a lot of intensity right away can be off-putting to me, but I do have friends who are like this, I sometimes just need to warm up.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    I didn't do much better in retaliating bringing up personality disorders and that went against my own values really. I've worked with people with severe mental illness for a long time and I have an immense amount of of care for them. I guess I don't like people who are very manipulative and only out for themselves though, which can sometimes be in line with personality disorders. It was honestly, defense for the most part and potentially just misjudgment. Thank you for apologizing. I don't have significant mental illness issues, but I am struggling right now with some stuff I think mostly pertaining to place in life, and I do struggle with anxiety issues. I'm in the midst of changing my life. It's good you recognize the insensitivity because what if I did have a significant mental illness, that could have been very painful. Thank you once again.

On a second unrelated note, I an ambivert and an odd person (well, it's probably not that abnormal really) in the sense that I can be very different in different settings and in different company. I'm kind of fluid I suppose. With introverts I can take the lead, with extroverts I can take a back seat. I can be deadpan and like Daria, usually if I am uncomfortable, and I can be expressive as hell and extremely animated. Sometimes a lot of intensity right away can be off-putting to me, but I do have friends who are like this, I sometimes just need to warm up.
    That makes me super happy that u don't entirely hate me. I've struggled with really bad depression and hopelessness but it's easier to make light of it these days.

Honestly a lot of LIEs have narcissistic tendencies but I think it's just a front for most of us because we have a lot of pride. Even in the manner we speak it's very like "motivational speaker" esp for certain enneagram types. I feel like I relate a lot to this guy, we have similar demeanor, sense of humor and story telling. Like everything he said, how he said it, is me.

I think he explains how defensive we can get and how it isn't always arrogant. Granted idk if im a 3w4. But he talks about the superego and how we need to step back sometimes.

https://youtu.be/nw6nbOLeeqk

Anyway if you have the time check it out. He's chill. And it's really worth the watch.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is prob one of the most important things I'll ever post here.

Since you said you are feeling lost with your place and changes in ur life, im gonna link you to a sort of song/speech that at least for me reminds me of what's important. I hope that it will have the same benefits for u as it has for many people

If you do listen to it, pay attention to the words and try to avoid distractions or chatting with anyone. It's only 5 minutes but totally worth the time. But don't listen to it if ur not going to really hear it. Or if you aren't in the mood to listen to something rn.

It's like an epiphany in a song

And if you think you know the song, doesn't matter! Listen to it again.

https://youtu.be/sTJ7AzBIJoI

TIM
    469 Delta NF
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is prob one of the most important things I'll ever post here.

Since you said you are feeling lost with your place and changes in ur life, im gonna link you to a sort of song/speech that at least for me reminds me of what's important. I hope that it will have the same benefits for u as it has for many people

If you do listen to it, pay attention to the words and try to avoid distractions or chatting with anyone. It's only 5 minutes but totally worth the time. But don't listen to it if ur not going to really hear it. Or if you aren't in the mood to listen to something rn.

It's like an epiphany in a song

And if you think you know the song, doesn't matter! Listen to it again.

https://youtu.be/sTJ7AzBIJoI
    lol that's so funny, i was going to share this on someone's post recently, but decided not to. i first heard this in astronomy class at university back when and i really loved it. i get it, thank you for sharing : )

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    lol that's so funny, i was going to share this on someone's post recently, but decided not to. i first heard this in astronomy class at university back when and i really loved it. i get it, thank you for sharing : )
    Well listen to it again! You can read the same book twice and notice things you never noticed the first time.

No prob ! It's an oldie but a goodie

TIM
    469 Delta NF
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did listen again when I considered sharing it here recently : )

blood and makeup on my face Pierrette's Avatar
    TIM
    SwEIEt SpicEIE ELFV
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    Wrong read of the tone there. That tone was not angry, it was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and explain her pov. It's not nice that you are trying to be personal in return. That just escalates bad drama further. OP may have royally fucked up originally - that is what it seems like to me yeah, the mental illness comment wasn't cool - but what's the point in escalating it further when it is not even your business in the first place? Who asked you to join in?
    I don't really understand this since I don't think any of this was my intention. I'm not saying I didn't do anything wrong, far from it actually, I can own up to that.

It can be pretty difficult to read the tone of a new stranger online.

I didn't even remember how this thread devolved, I had to take a look. From what I could tell before I arrived, this thread turned into a debate on NightHawk's type, which interested me since it's a typology forum. So I tried voicing an opinion on what could be NH's type based on what others said of NightHawk's behavior off the forum, and I also tried forming an opinion based on NightHawk's forum posts.

I actually wasn't trying to get involved on whatever happened off forum, I understood whatever happened wasn't my business. I still don't know what happened offsite and it's all quite confusing to me. And I don't really care to know what happened so long as people aren't being treated unfairly. It's more the treatment that happened here on the forum that upset me. But at the same time, NH was trying to explain themselves and other offsite drama to me for whatever reason, which I didn't even feel like I should be hearing. I did even try to redirect the topic back to typing a couple times. In any case, it got out of hand.

Seems like projection from yourself.
    I'm a believer that you have to know someone well enough in order to know what they project onto others.

This is again hardly your business, as you were an outsider to the original issue, she is not required to explain herself to you yet she tried to do it and then you try to escalate the drama in turn. Nice (not).
    I'll admit it was wrong for me to jump in. I saw what I deemed was unfair treatment and I jumped in. Although I don't recall asking for any explanations, especially since this wasn't my drama.

Anyhow if you get into it while not your business, don't be surprised if others will also get at you in turn.
    In the future, maybe. I'll not be shocked though. People will get at others for completely petty reasons, doesn't matter how nice or kind they are, sadly. It's just how this world works.

No anymore unfair jumps to conclusions than in your own post here.
    Fair enough.

Sorry but that's just complete bullshitting there. If you say there is this emotional vibe that is the same as saying that. Or otherwise the statement would be nonsensical, would have no point whatsoever.
    She said she was being facetious. I got the vibe a lot of what she said was to be "snarky" or "facetious", which she even admitted part of. I was quite exhausted when I wrote up a lot of what I said, so I may have caused some miscommunication and I apologize for that. I'll even admit my scatterbrained nature got the better of me since I forgot my own usage of words (triggered), which is something that I do tend to do. And I apologize for that as well.

All in all. I strongly dislike it when everyone just goes and jumps at one person and it's just to keep fanning the negative atmosphere even if the person maybe did fuck up somewhere originally. And especially when the additional outsiders jumping in are being deaf to constructive attempts to resolve the issue arising between the joining outsiders and the original person (who either fucked up or didn't even do that, in some cases). So that is why I wrote this post. Even tho' I don't even know you otherwise. ....
    That's understandable, I don't like it when people when people get into the business of others or my business. It's one of the reasons why I don't like gossip in general. And I don't really like that I got sucked into this and added to this.

It's a part of the reason that I don't want to revamp this. But I don't want to ignore your criticisms, or seem like I was passive-aggressively liking your post or anything along the lines of that.

Also, I'd like to apologize to @NightHawk while I still can. I did say a lot of dumb shit and wish I could take it all back. Not going to delete anything though since I think it should be held up there for accountability.
    devourer of the sun // consumer of the moon

& you know now,
    that anything alone is
    a haunting

& any two things
    together is a terror.

Love and Hate are two sides of the same coin.
    It takes a mere second for treasure to turn to trash.

TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Too many cat emojis to be ENTJ. I commend you to the alpha SFs
    ~ ESTP ~ SLE ~ ESTp ~ Self-Pres 7w8 ~ Sp/Sx ~ Fire Element ~ Aries Sign ~ Beta Quadra ~ Gryffindor House ~ Summer Season ~ SLUEN ~

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Too many cat emojis to be ENTJ. I commend you to the alpha SFs
    That's the type of short-minded thinking of an ESTp. Welcome.

TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's the type of short-minded thinking of an ESTp. Welcome.
    you mean alpha SF?
    ~ ESTP ~ SLE ~ ESTp ~ Self-Pres 7w8 ~ Sp/Sx ~ Fire Element ~ Aries Sign ~ Beta Quadra ~ Gryffindor House ~ Summer Season ~ SLUEN ~

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    That's understandable, I don't like it when people when people get into the business of others or my business. It's one of the reasons why I don't like gossip in general. And I don't really like that I got sucked into this and added to this.

It's a part of the reason that I don't want to revamp this. But I don't want to ignore your criticisms, or seem like I was passive-aggressively liking your post or anything along the lines of that.

Also, I'd like to apologize to @NightHawk while I still can. I did say a lot of dumb shit and wish I could take it all back. Not going to delete anything though since I think it should be held up there for accountability.
    Thanks for your response. I don't want to rehash it either further than the above. Glad this thread got sorted out overall yeah

TIM
    LIE-Ni sx/so
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Let me say, Yep, definitely.

On the other hand, while being LIE means that you pretty much are swimming upstream all the time and your biggest problem will be figuring out how to get help, being a female LIE also means that you have a very, very large pool of potential male ESI mates.

I have never met a male ESI who married a female LIE, and I have never met a male ESI who didn't like me immediately.

I once had my car towed by this ESI guy, about 30, and I asked him if he was married and he said No, he couldn't find the kind of woman that he liked.

I asked him if he liked women who were (I described an LIE here) and he said "Hell yes. Where can I find a woman like that?"

I didn't have any good news for him on that subject.

Male ESI, female LIE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpXArn3hII
    too funny. was just telling Green that my 'type' is ESI, like car mechanic or something
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    too funny. was just telling Green that my 'type' is ESI, like car mechanic or something

my friend thinks my mom is ESI/ISFJ. She's a realtor, and very good at it. I don't know if she is actually ESI/ISFJ anyway. I don't see myself with an ESI at all. I don't know any either.

TIM
    LIE-Ni sx/so
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend thinks my mom is ESI/ISFJ. She's a realtor, and very good at it. I don't know if she is actually ESI/ISFJ anyway. I don't see myself with an ESI at all. I don't know any either.
    it's the type I could most healthily stay with, imo
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

TIM
    3w4 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you definitely meet some LIE characteristics, but there are a couple that doesn't quite fit. I think it's normal for LIEs to come off as assertive, domineering, and sometimes impolite (depending on subtype). However, they generally wouldn't be so firm about their own values and identity due to inferior Fi. I think even ILEs can be more assertive about their values than LIEs, because their judgements are more subjective (Ti). There are definitely a lot of variations within a single type though. Since you may have had an ESI mother, she might have had a big influence their personality so you may not be one of those typical undualed LIEs I usually see.

I can't say I know your type from just a couple of comments, however, I think you can provide a photo or two, so we can have a better understanding of what kind of person you are. This can definitely settle some disputes, but only if you are comfortable with it.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm type 8 enneagram so that should be even more evidence to support that I'm LIE. I've taken several tests, always type 8. I think visual identification is a very innacurate way to stereotype and doesn't take into account other ethnicities. If you notice the websites only use white people as examples. As if there aren't other people in the world. However, I ironically fit the visual of an LIE. I have a square jaw.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    it's the type I could most healthily stay with, imo
    I've recently started talking to a man who may be ISFJ and I really like him so let's see. He's keeping my interest too. He replies to texts in a timely manner as well and asks interesting questions.

TIM
    3w4 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum then!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123