Thread: what does socionics type me as?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what does socionics type me as?

hi, this is indo. im finally posting this bc i would like to know what those knowledgeable on socio would type me as! it's an old vid, but i hope it can still count!

thanks

https://youtu.be/_2Q389QW_2k

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI or IEE.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEI-Fe imo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    SEI or IEE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    SEI-Fe imo
    sei, how comes?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI or IEE.
    Lol my thoughts as well. Not sure if SEI or IEE.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI-Fe or ESE-Fe, not IEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, this is strange. a sensing type? is this from a purely VI standpoint?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Idk why but gettin ILI vibes

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I opened your video to a still image, I thought EII or.... ESI. Definitlely Fi-dom.

ESI's come in three flavors; e4, e6, and e9. Most ESI's are sp/sx.

As I listened to you, I heard at the one minute mark, "It's not, like, that strong" and the similarity between your speech pattern and that of an ESI artist I know is amazing.

Then there's the part "is, like, a lot stronger", oh jeez, you are channeling the ESI I know. She is so-last, also. Lol, @ the eye roll.

OK, at 3:00 minute, "Beauty is complicated" = good at discerning values. First value is Trust = Fi.

"Christian Bale is hot". Bale seems to have a lot of Ni. Not something an IEE would be attracted to.

Don't think about body = low valued Si, but you do take care of your body, so high Si, but it is unvalued, so not SEI.

Touching your face on video = strong Se.

10:41-43 ESI face.

"When somebody says something messed up, I will usually be the one to call them out" = Fi-dom, as represented in ESI's.

Pure ESI-Se.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indo View Post
    ok, this is strange. a sensing type? is this from a purely VI standpoint?
    Maybe you have an MBTI understanding of sensing/intuition? because socionics is pretty different from mbti.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

*NFP

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE can’t be attracted to someone with Ni ego? What an odd thing to say

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

Pure ESI-Se.
    this is insane. your post gave me a lot to think about, so i went and tried to learn more about ESI beyond just surface level and...why is this me??? i'm mainly shook because esi has been one of those types outside my sphere so i tend to dismiss it lol.

ive been typed before by vultology, and they had me pegged as NeFi (enfp/iee) and it resonated with me when i read up on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    Maybe you have an MBTI understanding of sensing/intuition? because socionics is pretty different from mbti.
    probably, i may need to read up on the functions bc i havent revisited them for a while
    Last edited by ropan; 05-26-2020 at 12:06 AM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sei, how comes?
    You move/fidget a lot, your eyes looking at random directions/places when you speak maybe it is because you are not IJ or maybe you were just uncomfortable. Your eyes don't look intense as if you don't look the reality directly which again suggests me Si/Ne valuing or even maybe 4DSi/4DNe Si/Ne valuing type. You move on from topic to topic easily and make judgements on the way and your judgements are formed spontaneously so that point towards irrational type. You havent expressed any strong opinions so that point towards introverted ethical type, however, some of your answers dismiss that, so I am not fixed on it. You use both Fi and Fe simultaneously. You know your own attitude and you are expressive/emotionally communicative about it. I didn't think you value Fi over Fe or vice versa.

Your answers were unobstrusive and non-coarse, it could be because you don't value Se or you value Fi or you have high Fi. So my conlusion is SEI or IEE. From my point of view, your answers or behavior don't indicate Se/Ni valuing or a rational type. If you think you might be a rational type or you might value Se/Ni, could you elaborate your reasons or upload another video?

Is there a certain type of people or certain characteristics or behaviors that you dislike? Could you give an example of instances where you act based on your emotions?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

this is insane. your post gave me a lot to think about, so i went and tried to learn more about ESI beyond just surface level and...why is this me??? i'm mainly shook because esi has been one of those types outside my sphere so i tend to dismiss it lol.

ive been typed before by vultology, and they had me pegged as NeFi (enfp/iee) and it resonated with me when i read up on it too.
    Well, please bear in mind that I'm wrong most of the time. Anyone here can tell you that. Still......if you are IEE, then your Erotic Attitude is Infantile and your best match is an SLI. A Caregiver who will take care of you and will pretty much put you on a budget and will never, ever tell you how much money they have, because IEE's are kind of irresponsible with cash sometimes. Like little kids.
    My father, ex-wife, and son are all SLI. I have a sister-in-law and a bookkeeper who are IEE-Ne and IEE-Fi, respectively, so I'm fairly familiar with these types.

I could see how someone might type you as IEE. I'd say you have some ghosts of the looks of an IEE, but I still think you are a much closer match to ESI-Se. Not so much from your looks, but rather from your responses.

Still, again, I'm usually wrong. You have to decide for yourself.

For what it's worth, you can read Stratiyevskaya's description of ISFj's. I find that the ESI-Fi and ESI-Se subtypes differ quite a bit. For example,

Here is a random and mischievous IEE: https://i.imgur.com/aOMdzYM.jpg
    Here is an ESI-Fi e4: https://i.imgur.com/905GrOy.jpg
    And here is an ESI-Se e6: https://i.imgur.com/USExhM5.jpg

Take a close look at the way the last woman is dressed. An ESI is an Artist, and her artwork is herself.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-26-2020 at 02:35 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your answers were unobstrusive and non-coarse, it could be because you don't value Se or you value Fi or you have high Fi. So my conlusion is SEI or IEE. From my point of view, your answers or behavior don't indicate Se/Ni valuing or a rational type. If you think you might be a rational type or you might value Se/Ni, could you elaborate your reasons or upload another video?
    i would say i am more inclined to having conscious Se/Ni in my stacking rather than Si/Ne. let me go as far as saying, im certain i have Ni in my ego block. i can get kinda muddled when someone offers an alternative typing(esp when just reading general description of how types come across), and who knows maybe thats type related and can point to some other favored stacking...

but i must maintain that ni feels the most certain for me. ive always been in these mind loops where im ruminating of the past. ive done well when it comes to math classes in my formative years simply bc i was able to see some pattern and i could work backwards to arrive at a correct answer. beyond that, i was a total flop when it comes to math and much preferred other subjects like English, where my abstractness helped me write A papers.

beyond just education though, at the cost of sounding lame, it's easy for me to make analogies and metaphors and that's normally how im able to explain myself. like ill see parallels, where seemingly there is none, and friends would agree. something ive noticed about myself, and this could or could not be Ni, but when it comes to human nature, i can usually make some profound observation and ill find out later, that it's a very real thing that exists and has a philosophical/sychological term. on that note, i am also prone to paranoia and superstition, like second guessing someone intentions and arriving at ridiculous (seemingly) conclusions. most of the time, unfair, but im almost always proven right. i really enjoy, when learning something, those aha moments. like there's this mobile game ive been playing since quarantine, and theres so many overwhelming and complex game plays im always learning something new, and those moments where it just clicks...love it.

Is there a certain type of people or certain characteristics or behaviors that you dislike? Could you give an example of instances where you act based on your emotions?
    competitive people, tactlessness, people who act self-righteously. 'deepness'.

does crying when someone else cries, count? lool. i think its hard to get me roused. it usually depends on who it is, but i tend to react. like, when me and my sister were arguing once, ive sprayed her with the water bottle i was drinking out of(knowing full well she'd beat my ass lmao).

it's hard putting into words what im like but hmm there you have it for now lol

Well, please bear in mind that I'm wrong most of the time. Anyone here can tell you that. Still......if you are IEE, then your Erotic Attitude is Infantile and your best match is an SLI. A Caregiver who will take care of you and will pretty much put you on a budget and will never, ever tell you how much money they have, because IEE's are kind of irresponsible with cash sometimes. Like little kids.
    My father, ex-wife, and son are all SLI. I have a sister-in-law and a bookkeeper who are IEE-Ne and IEE-Fi, respectively, so I'm fairly familiar with these types.

I could see how someone might type you as IEE. I'd say you have some ghosts of the looks of an IEE, but I still think you are a much closer match to ESI-Se. Not so much from your looks, but rather from your responses.

Still, again, I'm usually wrong. You have to decide for yourself.

For what it's worth, you can read Stratiyevskaya's description of ISFj's. I find that the ESI-Fi and ESI-Se subtypes differ quite a bit. For example,

Here is a random and mischievous IEE: https://i.imgur.com/aOMdzYM.jpg
    Here is an ESI-Fi e4: https://i.imgur.com/905GrOy.jpg
    And here is an ESI-Se e6: https://i.imgur.com/USExhM5.jpg

Take a close look at the way the last woman is dressed. An ESI is an Artist, and her artwork is herself.
    yeah, im mostly fascinated at how ive never really considered either types, iee/esi. i mostly related to the description of cognitive type had for NeFi as a child. i put a lot thought/effort into how ill be perceived by others, and that can translate into my fashion sense, but it's not something i am too hungover. i do dabble in digital art though, but that's probably not exclusive to esi.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i would say i am more inclined to having conscious Se/Ni in my stacking rather than Si/Ne. let me go as far as saying, im certain i have Ni in my ego block. i can get kinda muddled when someone offers an alternative typing(esp when just reading general description of how types come across), and who knows maybe thats type related and can point to some other favored stacking...

but i must maintain that ni feels the most certain for me. ive always been in these mind loops where im ruminating of the past. ive done well when it comes to math classes in my formative years simply bc i was able to see some pattern and i could work backwards to arrive at a correct answer. beyond that, i was a total flop when it comes to math and much preferred other subjects like English, where my abstractness helped me write A papers.

beyond just education though, at the cost of sounding lame, it's easy for me to make analogies and metaphors and that's normally how im able to explain myself. like ill see parallels, where seemingly there is none, and friends would agree. something ive noticed about myself, and this could or could not be Ni, but when it comes to human nature, i can usually make some profound observation and ill find out later, that it's a very real thing that exists and has a philosophical/sychological term. on that note, i am also prone to paranoia and superstition, like second guessing someone intentions and arriving at ridiculous (seemingly) conclusions. most of the time, unfair, but im almost always proven right. i really enjoy, when learning something, those aha moments. like there's this mobile game ive been playing since quarantine, and theres so many overwhelming and complex game plays im always learning something new, and those moments where it just clicks...love it.

competitive people, tactlessness, people who act self-righteously. 'deepness'.

does crying when someone else cries, count? lool. i think its hard to get me roused. it usually depends on who it is, but i tend to react. like, when me and my sister were arguing once, ive sprayed her with the water bottle i was drinking out of(knowing full well she'd beat my ass lmao).

it's hard putting into words what im like but hmm there you have it for now lol

yeah, im mostly fascinated at how ive never really considered either types, iee/esi. i mostly related to the description of cognitive type had for NeFi as a child. i put a lot thought/effort into how ill be perceived by others, and that can translate into my fashion sense, but it's not something i am too hungover. i do dabble in digital art though, but that's probably not exclusive to esi.
    ESI-Se's produce art that is fairly distinctive, in my opinion. This distinction extends to the clothes they wear. It is distinctive in regard to colors (not saturated, but bold pastels) and there is a periodicity to the patterns that they like, which are typically hand- or head-sized.

I'd say your avatar is that of an Artist who considers herself unique (e4). It has clear, simple, bold lines. Not a lot of tiny detail, not some complex scene, but rather something simple and direct.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI-Se's produce art that is fairly distinctive, in my opinion. This distinction extends to the clothes they wear. It is distinctive in regard to colors (not saturated, but bold pastels) and there is a periodicity to the patterns that they like, which are typically hand- or head-sized.

I'd say your avatar is that of an Artist who considers herself unique (e4). It has clear, simple, bold lines. Not a lot of tiny detail, not some complex scene, but rather something simple and direct.
    ahh interesting, you are prolly right. i generally gravitate to art that is sort of purposely rough/sketchy and has a originality. i do admire artists who can do high concept art, and for traditional art i love sumi-e and ink wash paintings(the creative problem solving the limitations demand and the work produced are amazing)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Here are some examples of art by women whom I think are ESI's.

One; https://i.imgur.com/SImVhRG.jpg
    Whoops, that pic above is not art by an ESI, but is rather clothes by an ESI. My mistake.
    Two: https://i.imgur.com/8rPG2QG.jpg
    Three: https://i.imgur.com/3DWZ8Ag.jpg

However, now that you are thinking that you might be ESI, you should ignore my arguments because LIE's are good at talking people into insane things and you should listen to some other people here, many of whom are much better typers than I am.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-26-2020 at 03:37 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for your input!

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Idk why but gettin ILI vibes
    Same. I think you are ILI, with strong Fi HA. It seems to me like your Fe is not bad either; you’re not the typical emotionless INTx, but then again, you are also a woman. I wouldn’t think your Fe is refined enough to be in ego block though. You don’t seem extroverted or rational enough to be LIE (as others have said, you fidget and move around a lot—which actually is NOT indicative of strong sensing but weak sensing). So that leaves us with ILI, and coincidentally you said you often get INTJ or INTP on tests. The thing about socionics is that it uses Model A, which emphasizes the fact that we use all of the Information Elements (aka “functions” in MBTI). You should get rid of the stereotype that logical types have to have a logical focus; I and many others on here are ST types and we’re spending all our time on the “NF” topic of personality theory, after all. MBTI is riddled with stereotypes like that but Socionics casts them away.

PS I love your avatar

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

wondering if ESE-Fe, your video is so similar to Boxxy's who's been typed as an ESE, though you seem like a softer 9 while she's a more assertive 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuosWPecWog

lots of dynamic lead Fe in the making in both of your vids

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    so similar to Boxxy's who's been typed as an ESE
    Boxxy mb SEI, what's close to IEI among 2 most possible types. SEI lesser, but can be too

> lots of dynamic lead Fe in the making in both of your vids

forget about heretical Reinin traits
    higher mobility of the nonverbal relates to P, in common. for example, often changes of sight's direction
    Last edited by Sol; 05-26-2020 at 08:10 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Same. I think you are ILI, with strong Fi HA. It seems to me like your Fe is not bad either; you’re not the typical emotionless INTx, but then again, you are also a woman. I wouldn’t think your Fe is refined enough to be in ego block though. You don’t seem extroverted or rational enough to be LIE (as others have said, you fidget and move around a lot—which actually is NOT indicative of strong sensing but weak sensing). So that leaves us with ILI, and coincidentally you said you often get INTJ or INTP on tests. The thing about socionics is that it uses Model A, which emphasizes the fact that we use all of the Information Elements (aka “functions” in MBTI). You should get rid of the stereotype that logical types have to have a logical focus; I and many others on here are ST types and we’re spending all our time on the “NF” topic of personality theory, after all. MBTI is riddled with stereotypes like that but Socionics casts them away.

PS I love your avatar
    generally, i like that about socionics, though posters on this forum like to type in that way too lol

disclaimer: i dismissed my intj results bc of confirmation bias, and intp bc i have friend/family who fit the bill to the T, and we are pretty different (and why i didn’t see NT for myself). can i ask, what do you see as fe ego? i see a couple in thread typing me as alpha SFs.

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    wondering if ESE-Fe, your video is so similar to Boxxy's who's been typed as an ESE, though you seem like a softer 9 while she's a more assertive 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuosWPecWog

lots of dynamic lead Fe in the making in both of your vids
    truthfully, i can see a similarity. though, other than chronically falling for ILE men, ese is not me. just typing ese wears me out... 9? is that your assumptive enneagram typing for me or? i test as 4w5, and that’s the only thing i know to true for me when it comes to typology.

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulat0ry View Post
    a couple more questions for you based on your thread and the video:

do you feel like the rut you're stuck in is a product of ruminations ?
    or are the ruminations your happy place?
    both? stuck in that im not doing what i want to be doing rn, career wise. im not unhappy, i can fool myself pretty well. i think getting in my own head messes me up but it can also be addicting. i used to hate feeling so much bc everyone around me would tease me about being overly sensitive, my nickname from my eldest sister (who i do not get along with to this day) used to be crybaby. so, there’s this weird relationship i have with my emotions...like im in this period of just feeling nothing right now, and i say this not in edgy way. i just feel like im feeling everything on a surface level and has like a half life. maybe this is a normal, feelings are temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulat0ry View Post
    your answer to " in what areas of your life would you like help" related to motivation.

would you respond well to a person summarising the steps you need to take to turn ruminations to immediately-visible things (or acts), or would that take the wind out of your sails?
    hmmm it depends on what, no? i think though, it just wouldn’t mean much if someone is telling me “ok, first you want to do this and afterwards that”. doesn’t everyone do better when they’re just flunk into action? and i think duty/responsibility hanging over my head has helped.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@indo As to what I see as Fe ego, I would see it as more naturally outward-focused emotional expression. I saw you as sincere and expressive, but also a bit awkward and the emotions were self-focused. Gamma NT have Alpha SF as their superego types, so they can appear similar at times actually. Both are democratic and dynamic, MBTI “J” types.

Have you taken a look at ILI descriptions, and what did you think about them? You know to dismiss something just because of a bias is a bias in itself right lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    You know to dismiss something just because of a bias is a bias in itself right lol.
    loool shh.

that makes a lot of sense, re: gamma nt alpha sf. and i can agree on unvalued fe, i think i have less conviction on my judgement info elements than perception.

i have looked at some of the articles regarding it, and i can relate esp with the following
    Values conveniences and comfort. Can work at a measured and constant pace to provide for a comfortable and prosperous life. If he is drawn to creative work, can become a tireless researcher. Whether he is engaged in his work or domestic chores, he is thorough, conscientious, and carries out his tasks to completion even if he doesn't make it by the deadlines. Demanding of himself, can force himself to do work that is unpleasant and uninteresting but necessary.
    my current job, the commute is easy, its not demanding, so im pretty ok with it. im ok with routine when it comes to school/work bc i would rather pour energy into something creative—like a hobby. i dont mind doing something practical as a day job as long as i can continue my other pursuits the rest of the time. im always overdue with everything, too lol

Due to his inability to control his moods and to switch his attention to something else, sometimes he is excessively fault-finding and cantankerous
    this is true, and was surprise. my feeling due overcome me a lot of the times. and the fault finding, this is something i hate about myself. i hate when i understand something enough that i begin to hate it when earlier i had a considerably favorable disposition to it.

Can adapt and extract use from things that to others seem to have outlived their use. Modest in his appearance and in everyday life. Feels awkward claiming for himself any material privileges or rewards. Does not attribute much value to accessories, but feels insecure if his appearance does not match the tastes of his society. Rather passive when resting.
    jheeze i felt called out.

if i read any of the other type descriptions, im able to see myself in it...

a-am i enneagram 9

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Boxxy has Ne out the wazoo. Plus, she never shuts up and seems entirely Infantile. I thought she was IEE-Ne?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Boxxy has Ne out the wazoo. Plus, she never shuts up and seems entirely Infantile. I thought she was IEE-Ne?
    hidden agenda on a wild display seems like a wazoo

it happens to intert/lead fxn subtypes

if i read any of the other type descriptions, im able to see myself in it...

a-am i enneagram 9
    dun-dun~dun~~

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can't stand boxxy. Will not claim her.