Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Short typing video

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Really? Look how his head hardly moves. Not just the fact that it hardly moves at all, but that it doesn't move effortlessly, very un-anal. I see an important clue as to his type here.
    Whats the clue then?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Lets take a look for example the case of @Reyne... if he self types as LII most agree with him, when its ESI a bunch of ppl swear he is a textbook ESI. If he self types IEI a lot more come to agree. And when he self type as SLI most type him as SLI too. How is that even possible or objective?
    Thats cuz the forum is full of a lotta yaysayers who will agree with whatever self typing u have cuz 1. They have no real opinion and 2. They just wanna make friends with you

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Whats the clue then?
    That it is 1D Fe, or whatever people call a lack of Fe.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That it is 1D Fe, or whatever people call a lack of Fe.
    Well 1d Fe idk looks different. Im getting more SLE-Ti vibes than LSI-Se but could be wrong

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Thanks for all the input and impressions, it's interesting how there's several LSI-Ti and SLE opinions. For me LSI-Se is something that falls nicely in between those two and captures well the introverted analyzing part of Ti and the impulsive and reactionary Se. I didn't have any conscious agenda for how I should look like in those videos, the point was more trying to illustrate how expressionless I seem when not in the presence of Fe. The videos would look very different if I was talking to someone that puts out a plenty of Fe, then I become much more expressive, bantering and joking. When alone, I tend to fall into the unexpressive Ti analysis state.

A lot of my typing and analysis in general is some sort of combination of Ti+Ni/Se, usually I just arrive at an answer based on a gut feeling (integrated from Se impressions) which makes it hard to try to explain how I arrived at that conclusion. That makes me often uninterested in debating something in detail since there are no written references that I can point to, it's just imagery in my head that is hard to verbalize. I had a lot of issues with this when studying as well, since I'd just get an answer but it was difficult to write out in detail how I arrived at it. When writing my M.Sc. thesis I first wrote the whole background chapter from memory and then had to go hunting for matching references from books since it was required to do so. I found it boring and even distasteful to quote passages from books when I could've just written it from my own head using my own words.

And yeah, I would agree that I have way more problems with Fi than with Ne (I don't identify with extreme Ne-PoLR which seems to me more in the domain of LSI-Ti), but both are weak. I actually like Ne (especially Ne+Ti), but have a pretty strong distaste for Fi. In terms of dual-seeking, though, I think I prefer receiving Fe over Ni since I'm not as keen on replacing my own Ni insights (that aren't at the level of a Ni ego) with someone else's.
    The problem is that that is not how socionics works. It’s not dichotomous like MBTI. There is no “in between”. You are one type or you are another, based on cognition and interactions that clue into cognitive patterns. You can’t simply say that you’re LSI-Se just because you’re in between SLE and LSI. You have to be able to understand the differences and choose one. Don’t be fooled by the subtype theory, which is a relatively newer one, into thinking you can just do that.

The bolded is very strange for someone who would choose to type as LSI. Remember that PoLR is a facet of Model A, which is the basis of the Socionics theory actually. That and ITR.

Preferring HA information over dual seeking is completely normal BTW.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    This is actually not true and one of the reasons why activity partners get tired after a while of tickling their HAs.

Anyway he seems to be the same type as @Viktor. Im just not sure which one it is but beta ST seems evident

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that that is not how socionics works. It’s not dichotomous like MBTI. There is no “in between”. You are one type or you are another, based on cognition and interactions that clue into cognitive patterns. You can’t simply say that you’re LSI-Se just because you’re in between SLE and LSI. You have to be able to understand the differences and choose one. Don’t be fooled by the subtype theory, which is a relatively newer one, into thinking you can just do that.

The bolded is very strange for someone who would choose to type as LSI. Remember that PoLR is a facet of Model A, which is the basis of the Socionics theory actually. That and ITR.

Theoretically could be so, yes. I'm just not convinced that Socionics Model A is perfect enough to capture all intratype differences and nuances and this is why I like the subtype theory. I find it hard to believe that just 16 types is enough to pigeonhole everyone, there's bound to be a wide spectrum within each type, even cognitively. There's conflicting results from using different typing methodologies, like when it comes to ITR it's a mixed bag (I just seem to get better along with extroverts in general, EIE > IEI and IEE > EII). In cognitive style (I like H-P) I find SLE a good fit.

Then again, when watching type example videos I see SLE much more outgoing, animated and "trying to sell you something", whereas the demeanor of LSI matches mine better, more introverted and reactive than proactive. I do admit that I often catch myself trying to "sell" my conclusions too by choosing to emphasize the evidence that better supports my goals, and de-emphasize the negative. In that sense I'm not so locked on to presenting a purely objective view, it's a bit more subjective to me and I see other's conclusions also being colored by their open or hidden agenda. I'm always thinking first of "what is this guy's motive for saying this, what's his angle here".

Also I think cultural differences can affect how types come off as. He's italian, and even an introverted italian would probably be relatively animated and expressive since it's a big part of their culture. Whereas I'm originally from Finland, which is probably the most Fe PoLR country there is and completely opposite to Italy in this sense.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is actually not true and one of the reasons why activity partners get tired after a while of tickling their HAs.

Anyway he seems to be the same type as @Viktor. Im just not sure which one it is but beta ST seems evident
    You are wrong. There are plenty of Ni leads, for instance, who think Se leads are overly aggressive for them. But plenty of IEIs like people who are smart. I would say that what you’re saying is true in the long term if it’s a lot of HA in lead function form. But you could pretty much take Fe creative endlessly from an xEI, and you probably prefer it over Ni. Just look at the threads on duality. Many people say it takes a dual to turn on their creative before duality is fully activated. Also just think about the name and concept of hidden agenda— it’s this thing you secretly want and need basically but you “hide it” almost. ( @Northstar )

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theoretically could be so, yes. I'm just not convinced that Socionics Model A is perfect enough to capture all intratype differences and nuances and this is why I like the subtype theory. I find it hard to believe that just 16 types is enough to pigeonhole everyone, there's bound to be a wide spectrum within each type, even cognitively. There's conflicting results from using different typing methodologies, like when it comes to ITR it's a mixed bag (I just seem to get better along with extroverts in general, EIE > IEI and IEE > EII). In cognitive style (I like H-P) I find SLE a good fit.

Then again, when watching type example videos I see SLE much more outgoing, animated and "trying to sell you something", whereas the demeanor of LSI matches mine better, more introverted and reactive than proactive. I do admit that I often catch myself trying to "sell" my conclusions too by choosing to emphasize the evidence that better supports my goals, and de-emphasize the negative. In that sense I'm not so locked on to presenting a purely objective view, it's a bit more subjective to me and I see other's conclusions also being colored by their open or hidden agenda. I'm always thinking first of "what is this guy's motive for saying this, what's his angle here".

Also I think cultural differences can affect how types come off as. He's italian, and even an introverted italian would probably be relatively animated and expressive since it's a big part of their culture. Whereas I'm originally from Finland, which is probably the most Fe PoLR country there is and completely opposite to Italy in this sense.
    So you’re saying you aren’t convinced by Model A. Well Socionics was built upon Model A lol. If you don’t adhere to Model A, you are no longer using Socionics. I don’t really know what else to say to you.

If you’re not using Model A and just going based on behavior in a dichotomy sense, you’d be using something closer to MBTI. Not Socionics.

Personally, I am much more similar to you than to how you describe the way you see SLEs. And I type as SLE anyway. Just so you know lol.

Also, what I bolded is quite a Ti creative thing. Te egos do it too, but they’d rarely easily openly admit that they do it.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you’re saying you aren’t convinced by Model A. Well Socionics was built upon Model A lol. If you don’t adhere to Model A, you are no longer using Socionics. I don’t really know what else to say to you.

If you’re not using Model A and just going based on behavior in a dichotomy sense, you’d be using something closer to MBTI. Not Socionics.

Personally, I am much more similar to you than to how you describe the way you see SLEs. And I type as SLE anyway. Just so you know lol.

Also, what I bolded is quite a Ti creative thing. Te egos do it too, but they’d rarely easily openly admit that they do it.
    I'm seldom convinced that a theory, especially one like Socionics that isn't empirically falsifiable, is perfect and fully sound. The real world is always gnarlier and more nuanced. It doesn't mean that Socionics is useless or wrong.

A lot of technical ideas work on paper, but not in the lab. If they work in the lab, they might not work in a field test. And if they work in a field test, they might not work in production. And even if they work in production, they might fail well before the theoretical lifetime due to unforeseen but mundane issues (like getting dirty in an unexpected way).

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that you feel you get along with extroverts better in general @Northstar . As you probably know, my bf is an ILE, and my best friends are also extroverts, largely. Opposites attract, but so can those who are similar to us.

How do you feel when you interact with people? I am just curious. Honestly I’d prefer if you answer in PM because I feel like you’d be too tempted to skew your reply due to onlookers.
    Last edited by sbbds; 05-26-2020 at 01:00 PM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm seldom convinced that a theory, especially one like Socionics that isn't empirically falsifiable, is perfect and fully sound. The real world is always gnarlier and more nuanced. It doesn't mean that Socionics is useless or wrong.

A lot of technical ideas work on paper, but not in the lab. If they work in the lab, they might not work in a field test. And if they work in a field test, they might not work in production. And even if they work in production, they might fail well before the theoretical lifetime due to unforeseen but mundane issues (like getting dirty in an unexpected way).
    That is fair thinking, but then Model A is literally the core of the theory lol. I mean I can understand to an extent thinking that there may be a gradient between types (thus there being more types outside of the 16), but at the same time, if you find such issue with a tenet of the theory, how can you say that you are actually using/adhering to it?

This would be like saying that you think the Bohr Model of atoms are correct and useful for your job, but you don’t think that electrons actually exist, for whatever reason. And so you go on to decide that a bunch of alternate universes and ways of forming substances are possible. But then you still keep using the “rest of the Model” for your job happily without a care.

I guess for you the only thing is to test it then. I am the same way when I’m being stubborn about things. I hope you can understand my analogy, but I won’t say anything anymore.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you feel when you interact with people? I am just curious. Honestly I’d prefer if you answer in PM because I feel like you’d be too tempted to skew your reply due to onlookers.
    I have no hidden agenda in answering this question, actually I don't really know many times. I'm not that aware of my feelings, especially at the moment.

But I've noticed that I usually try to end discussions as fast as possible. To reach a conclusion instead of going on and on and further speculating on something. I just noticed this 15mins ago when talking about our project with LSE colleague, he seems to want to prolong the discussions and always comes with more and more ideas and opinions, while I try to put an end to it and get rid of him. It's not that I dislike him as a person. I just don't like prolonged interaction in business matters and try to end such discussions with a conclusion as fast as possible, especially on the phone, getting impatient when someone wants me to hang on after I've already arrived at a conclusion for the matter.

When it comes to pleasant non-business discussions with a person I like a lot then I am the opposite and try to keep the discussion going and try to come up with more topics.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is fair thinking, but then Model A is literally the core of the theory lol. I mean I can understand to an extent thinking that there may be a gradient between types (thus there being more types outside of the 16), but at the same time, if you find such issue with a tenet of the theory, how can you say that you are actually using/adhering to it?

This would be like saying that you think the Bohr Model of atoms are correct and useful for your job, but you don’t think that electrons actually exist, for whatever reason. And so you go on to decide that a bunch of alternate universes and ways of forming substances are possible. But then you still keep using the “rest of the Model” for your job happily without a care.

I guess for you the only thing is to test it then. I am the same way when I’m being stubborn about things. I hope you can understand my analogy, but I won’t say anything anymore.
    I'm not claiming I use Socionics or that I am a Socionist, such labels have no value to me. I just use my own "unnamed theory" that is based on bits and pieces from different sources. I pick that which makes sense or seems correct to me, I don't "swallow theories whole".

It's fitting that you bring up the Bohr Atom Model, since it's known to be an inaccurate simplification, not a fully correct model. It can be useful, but it doesn't take into account quantum effects and has shortcomings. The electrons do not orbit at clearly defined paths, they exist as a probabilistic electron cloud that is subject to the uncertainty principle. It's a good analogue to Model A, it's basically roughly correct at large scale, but when you zoom in it starts falling apart because reality is more complex.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no hidden agenda in answering this question, actually I don't really know many times. I'm not that aware of my feelings, especially at the moment.

But I've noticed that I usually try to end discussions as fast as possible. To reach a conclusion instead of going on and on and further speculating on something. I just noticed this 15mins ago when talking about our project with LSE colleague, he seems to want to prolong the discussions and always comes with more and more ideas and opinions, while I try to put an end to it and get rid of him. It's not that I dislike him as a person. I just don't like prolonged interaction in business matters and try to end such discussions with a conclusion as fast as possible, especially on the phone, getting impatient when someone wants me to hang on after I've already arrived at a conclusion for the matter.

When it comes to pleasant non-business discussions with a person I like a lot then I am the opposite and try to keep the discussion going and try to come up with more topics.
    Cool. I am the same and I would honestly imagine most others are the same lol almost regardless of type. Who likes dragging things on endlessly about work shit?

When it comes to certain people I like to talk with, I like to talk with them and even just be in their presence. I’m not necessarily that talkative actually, and regularly get typed as introverted.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that statement in a different way: it is not uncommon for a person to act in such a way as to 'invite' information related to their HA, especially when they do not have the experience of dualization. That is because, when not dualized, a person typically does not know or suspect that a category of information related to the DS function even exists. E.g. undualized IEEs an ILEs do not typically know such a thing as Si exists, and because of that, the don't go looking for it. Because of that they are more likely to end up in situations where they use their HA.

Also, from a distance, our duals can make the impression of being objectionable persons. Like already said before, IEIs can think of SLEs as too aggressive, or IEEs can think of SLIs as unwilling lazy asses. Sometimes our duals are also inclined to use their HA too much, so an IEI might think an SLE is acting out as a clown, or an IEE might think an SLI is way too candid with their opinions. The experience only starts to change at close psychological distance.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not claiming I use Socionics or that I am a Socionist, such labels have no value to me. I just use my own "unnamed theory" that is based on bits and pieces from different sources. I pick that which makes sense or seems correct to me, I don't "swallow theories whole".
    That’s interesting to me and I like that.

It's fitting that you bring up the Bohr Atom Model, since it's known to be an inaccurate simplification, not a fully correct model. It can be useful, but it doesn't take into account quantum effects and has shortcomings. The electrons do not orbit at clearly defined paths, they exist as a probabilistic electron cloud that is subject to the uncertainty principle. It's a good analogue to Model A, it's basically roughly correct at large scale, but when you zoom in it starts falling apart because reality is more complex.
    Lol yes I was aware of that in the general sense. I know you have much more of a hard science background too, so I knew you’d know and understand the details about it too.

My point of course was that the existence of electrons part is a tenet of the theory, and the “tenet” parts are roughly going to be correct. The fact that electrons exist generally, doesn’t just “fall apart”. I am comparing that (about electrons just existing) to basic Model A being correct. Model A is basic, in Socionics theory. It’s not an optional facet of the theory. You can remove some other parts of the theory like Model G or DCNH, but the electrons (or Model A) still exist.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m drinking beer and enjoying your thread rn @Northstar , and I don’t even drink usually.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Whats the clue then?
    Not moving the head is 1DFe.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wow, @Northstar. I just watched your video and instantly thought "SLE".

I can't easily tell the difference in chat between SLE and LSI, but the video makes that pretty clear. Maybe @Sol is right; video typing is far better than typing from still pictures.

"Tomorrow, I'm going to pick up the wheel bearing that I ordered." <= SLE practical immediacy in the environment. I think an LSI would be more likely to talk about some plans for future development. Development in a more general sense.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that videos are far better than still images, and even better, natural video conversations : D (zoom calls, Skype calls, etc.)

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    "Tomorrow, I'm going to pick up the wheel bearing that I ordered."
    Yeah, but the fuckers haven't replied to my repeated messages asking if they've actually shipped it and what's the tracking number. Tesla Service here is the worst when it comes to contacting them. I tried calling them but the number is not accepting any calls. Drives me crazy when I don't know if they're actually doing something about it or just sitting with a thumb up their ass. I always prefer to pick up things and deal with issues in person because then I can be sure it's done immediately and correctly.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, but the fuckers haven't replied to my repeated messages asking if they've actually shipped it and what's the tracking number. Tesla Service here is the worst when it comes to contacting them. I tried calling them but the number is not accepting any calls. Drives me crazy when I don't know if they're actually doing something about it or just sitting with a thumb up their ass. I always prefer to pick up things and deal with issues in person because then I can be sure it's done immediately and correctly.
    Organizations are reflections of the one guy who is running them. What kind of a guy doesn't care about customer relations?

Incidentally, @Northstar, I have rebuilt Mercedes engines and a Jaguar differential and drive train without any problems whatsoever, but it was a different story when it came to a Mercedes wheel bearing.

There are three recommended ways to set the clearance on a new wheel bearing.
    1.) Fully tighten the bearing lock nut after reassembly, then back it off a set number of degrees, according to the shop manual.
    2.) Place an indicator on the wheel, move the wheel axially on the spindle shaft while tightening the bearing lock nut until the bearing play, measured in line with the spindle axis, is xx.xx amount, according to the manual.
    3.) Connect a torque wrench to the wheel and tighten the bearing lock nut until the frictional drag on the wheel reaches some set amount, according to the manual.

I did all three methods, got the same position for the bearing lock nut, which was a bit tighter than the previous position but I figured that was due to bearing manufacturing differences, so I closed everything up and drove the car. Thirty minutes later the car tried to jump sideways off the road. I stopped the car (luckily, I had just pulled out of a gas station and was going very slowly), examined the wheel, and found that the bearing's rollers had fallen out of the melted cage and the only thing holding the wheel on the car was the brake caliper surrounding the brake disk. Obviously, I had tightened the nut too much and the bearing overheated and self-destructed.

The three methods failed me when I tried them. My fault, I'm sure, but still....

My present method, which invariably works, is to take a punch and mark the position of the bearing lock nut with respect to the spindle shaft. One punch mark on the shaft, one on the nut. Once I've replaced the bearings and the seals and the nut locking plate, I just tighten the bearing lock nut to its former position and lock it in place. Hasn't failed me yet.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-26-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Not moving the head is 1DFe.
    4d Fe trying to look 1d Fe can also not move their heads

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Organizations are reflections of the one guy who is running them. What kind of a guy doesn't care about customer relations?
    Yeah, I like Elon but that shit drives me crazy. He hates his customers, I can relate to that, but I try to provide perfect customer service in my own side business and that is the reason it continues to flourish. Tesla did have a great customer service when it was a young company, but the growth of the company and their market share has far outpaced the capabilities of their service organization.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really great that you are posting these videos!

You seem like a Harmonizing subtype. I think you could very well be H-SLE.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Really great that you are posting these videos!

You seem like a Harmonizing subtype. I think you could very well be H-SLE.
    That's an interesting and new take. I have little to no experience with Gulenko's DCNH subtypes (somehow didn't like the idea when I first came across it), but I understand that H means boosted Si and Ni, making you more introverted. I could see that. I'll have to get Gulenko's book and read it myself to make any conclusions about its validity, though.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an interesting and new take. I have little to no experience with Gulenko's DCNH subtypes (somehow didn't like the idea when I first came across it), but I understand that H means boosted Si and Ni, making you more introverted. I could see that. I'll have to get Gulenko's book and read it myself to make any conclusions about its validity, though.
    DCNH is very interesting to observe in real life. It becomes a hobby. You notice that someone seems "introverted" or "extraverted" but when you interact more the real type becomes visible. DCNH is a good tool to sort out impressions, so one doesn't confuse some subtype phenomena with main type. I like it.

If you want to check the validity of dcnh then I'd say the only way is to just collect more and more impressions of people. But it is a simple fact that people of the same type can be very different as persons. dcnh explains why, at least partly. There are articles on dcnh in this forum, so the book is not necessary.

It would be interesting to know your experience with creative subtypes. One can often find H and C subtypes together, as friends or partners.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incidentally, @Northstar, I have rebuilt Mercedes engines and a Jaguar differential and drive train without any problems whatsoever, but it was a different story when it came to the Mercedes wheel bearing.

There are three recommended ways to set the clearance on a new wheel bearing.
    1.) Fully tighten the bearing lock nut after assembly, then back it off a set number of degrees, according to the shop manual.
    2.) Place an indicator on the wheel, move the wheel axially in the spindle shaft while tightening the bearing lock nut until the bearing play, in line with the spindle axis, is xx.x amount, according to the manual.
    3.) Connect a torque wrench to the wheel and tighten the bearing lock nut until the frictional drag on the wheel reaches some set amount, according to the manual.

I did all three methods, got the same position for the bearing lock nut, which was a bit tighter than the previous position but I figured that was due to bearing manufacturing differences, so I closed everything up and drove the car. Thirty minutes later the car tried to jump sideways off the road. I stopped the car (luckily, I had just pulled out of a gas station and was going very slowly), examined the wheel, and found that the bearing's rollers had fallen out of the melted cage and the only thing holding the wheel on the car was the brake caliper surrounding the brake disk. Obviously, I had tightened the nut too much and the bearing overheated and self-destructed.

The three methods failed me when I tried them. My fault, I'm sure, but still....

My present method, which invariably works, is to take a punch and mark the position of the bearing lock nut with respect to the spindle shaft. One punch mark on the shaft, one on the nut. Once I've replaced the bearings and the seals and the nut locking plate, I just tighten the bearing lock nut to its former position and lock it in place. Hasn't failed me yet.
    Heh, that's the problem with wheel bearings that have the play set by the lock nut. Obviously the frictional drag measurement was skewed by something that caused your over-tightening problem. I'm not a fan of such methods, friction is way too easily affected by external factors and this is why the best method of torquing is to actually measure the amount of stretch on the fastener (this is what you're trying to do when torquing down things). If that is not possible, then torquing a certain amount of degrees tends to be more reliable than a torque wrench value which is easily skewed by the amount or lack of lubrication on the threads/contact surface.

Fortunately, the Tesla wheel bearing is of the modern type where the bearing play is set at factory by integrating it within the wheel hub. The lock nut just holds it in place and overtightening it doesn't have an effect on the bearing play. It saves the trouble of pressing out the old bearing, pressing in the new bearing, and setting the correct bearing play. The obvious downside is that you have to replace the whole wheel hub at a higher cost when it fails (~$350 for the hub, a bearing might cost $50). But it saves a lot of time and trouble so I'm fine with that deal.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so fucking retarded LOL I irLOLed

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Maybe @Sol is right; video typing is far better than typing from still pictures.
    Video has more pictures. Also this data has more natural, lesser controlled states. So this shoud better describe nonverbal behavior than several somehow selected photos.

Just photos would be acceptable in case of physiognomy usage - static body traits, not nonverbal behavior. There are such practices and typers which used physiognomy as main method, but this approach is baseless.
    The socioforum's experiment which I saw which used photos + questionnaire has given lesser average typing match than mine with bloggers videos. Though as photos have some nonverbal, - photos experiments should give typing matches above accidental if people use nonverbal VI.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's always fun when people post videos of themselves. Way to open yourself up to endless speculation and critique

I haven't thoroughly read everyone else's thoughts, but mine are that you seem like an SLE-Ti. I would be more certain if I saw you interacting with somebody you were comfortable with.

It's just a gut feeling that you're more Fi/relations vulnerable than Ne/ideas vulnerable. It seems like you are being careful here in the video because you're not talking to anyone you're comfortable with, so come off more introverted and Ti-heavy than you normally do? I wonder if an LSI would put forth more Se in a situation like this....just a guess that people tend to put forth the creative when they're not totally comfortable. I know that I can come off very Fe-heavy in new situations before I switch into acting like myself, which is quieter (constant Fe feels like work after a while).

Take it for what it's worth: an IEI's gut-feely impressions.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can, but they will look very forced when doing it. Like trying to keep still a vibrating dildo...

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    It's always fun when people post videos of themselves. Way to open yourself up to endless speculation and critique

I haven't thoroughly read everyone else's thoughts, but mine are that you seem like an SLE-Ti. I would be more certain if I saw you interacting with somebody you were comfortable with.

It's just a gut feeling that you're more Fi/relations vulnerable than Ne/ideas vulnerable. It seems like you are being careful here in the video because you're not talking to anyone you're comfortable with, so come off more introverted and Ti-heavy than you normally do? I wonder if an LSI would put forth more Se in a situation like this....just a guess that people tend to put forth the creative when they're not totally comfortable. I know that I can come off very Fe-heavy in new situations before I switch into acting like myself, which is quieter (constant Fe feels like work after a while).

Yeah, I respect gut feelings, I use them a lot myself.

I think how introverted I come off as is dependent on the setting and the people I interact with. I'm pretty extroverted with people I know and enjoy being with. When talking to a room of strangers (like in these videos), I become very businesslike and serious, trying to sound serious and competent. I like interacting with people but tend to enjoy smaller groups much more than crowds.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They can, but they will look very forced when doing it. Like trying to keep still a vibrating dildo...
    If someone has 4d Fe that means they also have 1d Fe which means they can act emotionless, not to mention that they are good at acting in general. So u can take ur vibrators and shove them up ur asshole

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, seems like a new variant of Irish Dance. You're allowed to move every part of your body, except of your head.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, as Tommy analyzed your emotional psyche above there, you more likely have Fi vulnerable. You clearly have some mismatch with how you think people affect you, and how they actually affect you. You seem to have a lot of difficulty with people’s attitudes towards you, wondering if they are being hostile or not. That’s exactly the stereotype of SLE and Fi polr.
    (Rhetorical questions) Then I'm Fi PoLR too. I have the exact same problems. So? Does this keep this type of argument valid? Should Fi role be that much better at it, really?

@Northstar

I would say you come off like Ti lead in general here in this thread too with how you really are not engaging too deep in discussion, you present your already finished serious conclusions instead. You do not readily enter exchanges on the Ti stuff. Me either, I actually like arguing more than you I think, but the logic is kinda inert like yours. Or I mean, some people can jump at me now and say it's the Se that's inert pressure behind the logic blah blah (SLE>LSI). But I just see your style as LXI more than Ti creative. If you do any Ti creative-ish stuff - like twisting stuff more around instead of serious reasoning that stands on its own - at all it seems to be for really short periods - same for me actually.

Ofc all this could also just be IQ instead or something.

Anyway. This is where I would agree with you actually regarding the issue of how Model A is only a roughly "correct" draft of things so you don't draw conclusions directly based on Model A. Me either, nah. Exactly because you can't do deductions to get to conclusions with a "roughly correct thing" applied on the wrong abstraction level. So I would say you are keeping more logically consistent this way actually. And not falling into some bad rabbithole. Following Model A in the above way would lead to that only. If you value keeping logically consistent instead then you can end up in a place that's a new system that's no longer even Socionics but works better and also explains things better. This is trivial of course, I'm just fleshing this out for the thread in general.

I also picked LSI-Se in a similar way to you. SLE-Ti of course also has both an introverted phlegmatic Ti thingy and the Se impulsiveness. But SLE-Ti is really just holding that Se animal back temporarily while LSI is just really actually serious and straightforward a lot of the time. And you come off as the latter one to me. I could be wrong, this is just how your stuff comes off.

Also where you say: "if I was talking to someone that puts out a plenty of Fe, then I become much more expressive, bantering and joking. When alone, I tend to fall into the unexpressive Ti analysis state"

Stereotypical Fe suggestive supposedly. The "serious structured Ti lead suddenly becomes all jovial, expressive, emotionally spontaneous" ... Tho being alone you are ofc not going to be expressive as there is no one around lol unless you are the type who likes to do drama plays by themselves or whatever.

Out of curiosity, the imagery in your head, is it like static visual images/snapshots that can be analysed spatially or help with logic in such a fashion? And yeah, I never quoted stuff from books for university papers either.

As for Ne PoLR. My understanding is that LSI-Ti is kind of better with intuition so I am not sure if their Ne is worse than LSI-Se's.

LSI-Ti: "Lacks sufficient flexibility in dealing with people and is poor at taking their individual abilities into account."
    LSI-Se: "Applies the same requirements to everyone without taking individual abilities and circumstances into account."

To me this comes off as, LSI-Ti tries to Ne sometimes, just really sucks at it while LSI-Se is kinda confident that they can deal with the situation doing their Se approach instead, lol. Frankly that's exactly how I am.

I do like Ne+Ti too lol, I've known some ILEs and one of them is a pretty good friend, I like his stuff, I just can't uh, keep following ALL his tangents and ideas lol. But it's still fascinating enough. And with Fi I get sick of that stuff fast if I'm supposed to feel internal Fi feelz. It really is bad for the Ti. I've heard my LII (LII-0) friend rant about how he hates Fi. Yeah uh... And he's definitely not ILE either, lol.

If you say you are OK with receiving Fe emotional expressions/drama/etc lol, and you don't feel that replaces your own emotional reactions too much then yeah I would say that is Fe suggestive where you do have more resistance to replacing your Ni.

One more thing on Fe for LSI-Se vs SLE: going back to that article on LSI subtypes, it says "From time to time needs an emotional discharge to alleviate his inner tensions. In such cases does not hide his emotions and waits for reciprocal sincerity from his partner. Finds it difficult to attain inner balance". This can certainly be interpreted in the Fe HA-ish way. As SLE also needs their emotional release and until then it's just waiting to "break free" using your wording.

Also indicative of Fe suggestive and jungian inferior Feeling is where you said you are not aware of your feelings on the spot. Hardest to access inferior function on the spot. Frankly that's another way I could see my Ni as being stronger than Fe even tho' the Ni isn't all that strong either.

Then, the thing with utilising logic for some Se/Ni goals and being suspicious about some motives, that's the same for me too. I mean it'd be Se PoLR if you were unable to do that with utilising logic for the goals like that. Not being able to give up ideals for the real goals and "street smarts" or to be "biased" towards desires.

As for cognitive styles, I think you got a load of C-D, not just really H-P... you are doing that type of deductive reasoning a looot. It's one of the things that tips me off to you being LSI over SLE actually.

Being more reactive than proactive i.e. responsive to interaction rather than initiative-taking in the interaction, that would be introtim yes

All in all, there is just not going to be a way to decide between SLE and LSI based on this or that snippet or little detail, but if you put all of them together and they just line up sensibly for LSI rather than for SLE and if the subtype makes it line up even more sensibly then I would think your self-typing is correct. That is how it's worked for me anyhow (deciding between LSI vs SLE). Tbh it feels very Ni in a way lol, perceiving the dots connecting like that.

@Adam Strange I got to disappoint you. I also talk like Northstar with how I focus on the immediate actions and also I have the same trust and reliance on tangible presence to get things done. I do not like to talk much about plans for future development, nah, I'd rather go and execute that plan. And no I don't type SLE.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

&

You are wrong. There are plenty of Ni leads, for instance, who think Se leads are overly aggressive for them. But plenty of IEIs like people who are smart. I would say that what you’re saying is true in the long term if it’s a lot of HA in lead function form. But you could pretty much take Fe creative endlessly from an xEI, and you probably prefer it over Ni. Just look at the threads on duality. Many people say it takes a dual to turn on their creative before duality is fully activated. Also just think about the name and concept of hidden agenda— it’s this thing you secretly want and need basically but you “hide it” almost.
    I get tired of Ni faster than Fe when it comes to taking/receiving input, esp if the Ni gets really vague or very unique insights so would take extra time to process and understand, and definitely I can take Fe creative endlessly from IEIs, while I was always more aware of Ni seeking than Fe seeking until I really got into getting to know myself and part of that was ofc typology too.

I've seen several theories on how HA/DS plays out so ....... just two more such theories here conflicting with each other ofc.

So much for these random little theories that never seem to line up with the dots properly connecting without contradictions lol. They only will if we take the strict adherence to Model A out of the picture.

Yes, and that actually could very well be the more logically consistent way of thinking about things. Like I said above when addressing Northstar about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post

I put Ti forth in such situations too.... and I type LSI-Se. Again just these little rabbithole theories

You had one thought there tho, regardless of types, if I switch more to Se from the Ti I feel I'm acting more like myself, than if I'm just being Ti. Now you could explain that in a number of ways ...... one being that this way I can utilise my brain fully or something, so I utilise both Ti and Se at that point I would say.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@grumpyvic81, I'm not disappointed. I've always seen you as LSI-Se. Your Ti logic is unmistakable.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    Out of curiosity, the imagery in your head, is it like static visual images/snapshots that can be analysed spatially or help with logic in such a fashion? And yeah, I never quoted stuff from books for university papers either.
    I could say it's a mash-up of snapshots that form pieces of a puzzle. It's not like a fluid story, more like choppy stop-motion stills like my memory tends to be overall. But it's hard to tell if they come into focus before or after I get a gut feeling/realization of something. It's not following a clear path, rather forms a reconstruction all at once that can then be inspected from a variety of different angles. It's rather the same way I approach most problems I analyze, trying to capture all the different angles of approach. I've understood that this would be closest to the H-P cognitive style.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast