Thread: Short typing video

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Short typing video

Yesterday I was thinking about how different people might look on typing videos than in actual conversations, so I recorded a short clip of myself talking about some mundane boring shit.
    I can see how robotic I look when I talk to the camera. There is a big difference when talking to a person, especially a Fe lead. Their constantly shifting expressions make me mirror them and become much more animated myself. I don't notice this happening when talking to other unexpressive people. It is comfortable to watch Fe users talking about things on video since they are expressive and engaging even without being experienced presenters.

And yes, I need a haircut.

EDIT2: Added the blooper version of the longer one where I accidentally started talking about cm instead of mm (yes, it's mm, I was a bit nervous like in the other videos, lmao):

EDIT: Added a longer video talking about work that is probably more natural here:

Last edited by Northstar; 06-03-2020 at 07:12 PM. Reason: added blooper reel

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice acting.
    Next time try using Ti.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nice acting.
    Next time try using Ti.
    Thanks! So what do you think I used?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sorry but you said are not interested in my opinions.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Sorry but you said are not interested in my opinions.
    Sorry I hurt your feelings. I know I can often be an asshole when people disagree. I was just honest about people's opinions not really having an effect if they seem to be way too far away from my point of view.

But you got into my thread with an opinion so feel free to expand on it. I don't need to actually block or ignore people because they don't get under my skin that way.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yea it seemed like he was trying to act like 1d Fe

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Heh, it would be nice if that were the case. I have seen myself like that in work related videos before, where the focus is on explaining something precisely.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Huge similarities in our tone and pace of speech. Some gestures are literally the same, like when you stop talking to elaborate the next sentence, and you slowly rotate your head upwards.
    I have the impression you weren't comfortable in front of the camera, and this may influence your behaviour. It's nothing unusual, happens to most of the people.

But there are also some huge differences:
    -You're completely static. Your head doesn't move, your body doesn't move, you make no hand gestures, and even your eyes stand still. While I'm the opposite. My body leans left, right, left, right, the entire time. Slowly, but without interruptions. And my eyes dart around like crazy;
    -We're both very unexpressive, but I make some silly faces. Eyebrow randomly goes upwards and stuff like that. Your face has no movements.

About your type, at the very least I can say your introverted perceptive function is higher than mine. I would say that Se subtype doesn't seem likely. And I wouldn't 100% remove the possibility of you being xLI.
    If you were a new member and I never read your messages I would suggest xLI and xSI-Ji as options.
    And I think LSI is a good typing for you, and VI is useful just to make a "shortlist". The final type has to be more a product of theoretical study and reasoning.
    Interesting points, thanks for the observations.

Yeah, I wasn’t feeling too comfortable talking to a camera. Pretty sure there would have been more expressions if I had been talking to a real and engaging person without being aware of filming.

The issue with a highly rational Ti subtype is that I am way too impulsive. I have a friend that is certainly LSI-Ti and the difference is obvious, he has also much less interest in Se values in comparison. I think the video makes me seem too robotic and unexpressive but it is not on purpose.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OWNED. I’ve never seen anyone get accused for acting on video on here before. That has got to count for something. I will actually watch it later lol.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    OWNED. I’ve never seen anyone get accused for acting on video on here before. That has got to count for something. I will actually watch it later lol.
    Yes, I was accused of forging my questionnaire responses too, go figure.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Yes, I was accused of acting and forging my questionnaire responses too, go figure.
    I wonder why!

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem IJ in your video. I have seen another person accused of acting on a video on here ftr. They were also IJ, or types as such
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    You seem IJ in your video. I have seen another person accused of acting on a video on here ftr. They were also IJ, or types as such
    Really? Who? Was it Everlast?

I’ve actually never seen it in my entire life going on typology forums. Maybe people BSing content but not acting.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's actually interesting that some of you call this acting. My understanding of IJ (especially Ti-lead) has always been that the expressivity is there under the surface, wanting to break free but held automatically in check by Ti which results in a forced lack of expression that is released when being showered by well-wishing Fe from someone. As opposed to the inexpressivity of *LI which is "more genuine" in the sense that it is not affected by Fe and doesn't mirror others.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's actually interesting that some of you call this acting. My understanding of IJ (especially Ti-lead) has always been that the expressivity is there under the surface, wanting to break free but held automatically in check by Ti which results in a forced lack of expression that is released when being showered by well-wishing Fe from someone. As opposed to the inexpressivity of *LI which is "more genuine" in the sense that it is not affected by Fe and doesn't mirror others.
    What’s interesting is you as a noob trying to coach other people to understand your acting. STFU.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What’s interesting is you as a noob trying to coach other people to understand your acting. STFU.
    So when did I piss you off, some off-hand comment or joke in the chatbox or what?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when did I piss you off, some off-hand comment or joke in the chatbox or what?
    Do I sound pissed? No. But you do lol.

Tbh you said people don’t piss you off and you like being an asshole, so why not? Plus it’s funny.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I sound pissed? No. But you do lol.

Tbh you said people don’t piss you off and you like being an asshole, so why not? Plus it’s funny.
    You did sound pretty hostile compared to usual so I was curious. I don’t especially enjoy being an asshole, I’d rather that people liked me, but it is optional.

People do piss me off, but usually due to saying something I think is wrong or being rude than by actually insulting.
    I know I can be rude myself so it’s understandable.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

to think at 1st: J types, excluding LII, EII, LIE

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You did sound pretty hostile compared to usual so I was curious. I don’t especially enjoy being an asshole, I’d rather that people liked me, but it is optional.

People do piss me off, but usually due to saying something I think is wrong or being rude than by actually insulting.
    I know I can be rude myself so it’s understandable.
    Why, because I said STFU noob? More hostile than my usual calling you fat you mean? Jk. It’s just even more tempting to try if you say you won’t get pissed enough to block someone. PS I haven’t watched your video yet because my internet is slow. Will update later, but I’m sure my verdict will remain at SLE.

Also, bolded an Fe HA sounding statement.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem nervous on camera, but you still remind me of other LSI I have observed and spoken to.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your affect seems constricted. So yeah, I suppose that would indicate 1D Fe

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Delta J

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem like a pretty rational LSI...definite ST. Monotone and collected.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yup.

But the need for a haircut?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Delta J
    Yeah, serves me right for talking about those boring topics.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No. I just did VI. The verbal content was not part of the process.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zzzzzzzz
    Zzzz
    Zzzzzzzz
    Zzzzzz
    Zzzzzzzz
    Zzzzzzzz
    Zzzzzz
    Zzzzzzzz
    Zzzzzz
    Zzzzzz
    Zzzz

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude it matters not to me what type you are and I applaud the video.

As far as content most of what you said you were doing came off as logics of actions information play by play.

I get the impression you didn't really know what to say so you went for the obvious, what you did today.

In general mostly ST vibes.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Dude it matters not to me what type you are and I applaud the video.

As far as content most of what you said you were doing came off as logics of actions information play by play.

I get the impression you didn't really know what to say so you went for the obvious, what you did today.

In general mostly ST vibes.
    Yeah, these are all good points. Thanks for the input.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allright, added one more video in the first post, talking about work instead.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I was accused of forging my questionnaire responses too, go figure.
    lol and me too, like, of being an alterego of three different people so far.

Idk what that is. Something in our style being too "out of ordinary" (not outright robotic artificial tho', just...idk)?? lol

I would say the video is relatable for me. I think the same way about doing things lol.

I think you have a pretty strong stare of a kind that I'd associate with Se ego. Also there is that "coldness" that you can call Ti so beta ST ofc checks out.

Another post mentions "constricted affect". That's not totally type related but ofc it would indicate Logical type again. I would say phrasing things directly in everyday language about how one comes off easily says a lot more than astronics, lol... Anyway, to me you looked mostly focused, maybe focused on the task of doing this video lol, so it's not necessarily showing everything of how you are by default but does indicate something about your task focus. Like if that's your default then that shows a lot about you ofc. Even if you have other modes of expression and being too ofc.

Someone else mentioned their LSI friend is more responsive emotionally ("emotive"), I would say the LSI-Ti I know closely is responsive but like with very slight "expressions", he really is too low in Fe. He only gets to gain the emotional energy for a real full expression if someone has enough Fe yeah, and that doesn't happen often enough. Like, in a decade I maybe saw it happen once... Never happens around me, lol. (If I'm the only one person there. Also his family is unable to "Fe" him enough, too)

Either way, I would never say that you are LSI-Ti, you are not cold and constricted enough for LSI-Ti. You got a load of that "Ti stuff" but just not like LSI-Ti.

Forced lack of expression sounds Fe HA, in my understanding Fe dual seeking isn't really forcing it, they're just oblivious/not conscious of the expressing or the lack of it.

Also "wanting to break free" sounds Fe HA again

Tho' I will admit that I sometimes experience Fe seeking that way too, like you describe it, so I don't really have a truly good solid conclusion here for you, i.e. how exactly an "ambiverted" subtype would affect this.

All in all: the very first look I had at your video I thought "SLE" but then I was not really sure anymore. I thought that instantly tho' bc of the type of stare you got. But LSI-Se can also fit Iguess. The strengthened Se creative or whatever. Also I'm absolutely sure that our way of doing Ti logic is the same fundamentally, and I type as LSI, so ...

One more thing. So I said SLE at first sight. However watching the entire video, you do look like you are very straightforward and "simple" that way, and that would be more LSI than SLE. ("Simple": I don't mean in a bad way at all. More like, emotionally not too crazy or anything, lol, and that's actually a good solid thing)

And, to me, you come off the same as in the chat. All the above descriptors (from me and others) apply to you in the chat too basically

I think he was just highly focused

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Seemed to me just Se, "doing this, doing that", Te would be more focused on dry efficiency blah blah

lol! Some more similarity for us bc I used to think that that sortof thing from some people was them being pissed off and hostile but it was just me not having enough experience yet with the person to figure them out/figure out their expressing. I think sbbds also likes to troll a real lot tho' it definitely can take some getting used to seeing the actual tone about her stuff.

Tbh LSI is supposed to be THE boring type. That's a big stereotype about LSI

Also, bolded an Fe HA sounding statement.
    If that's Fe HA I am Fe HA too, lol. I relate 100%. Including the "optional" thing and the rest of his post there about minding it if people say the wrong thing.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Northstar I edited the post a bit, bc I thought of more to add.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sorry I hurt your feelings.
    thanks for the concern, but you didn't hurt my feelings.

I know I can often be an asshole when people disagree.
    ...more like defensive and illogical actually.

I was just honest about people's opinions not really having an effect if they seem to be way too far away from my point of view.
    I think is unlikely that opinions don't really have an effect on you, since you are defensive and act like an ass**** according your own words (honestly I think you are giving yourself to much credit with that word ). It have so much effect that even you keep trying to prove your points with a video and then two.

But you got into my thread with an opinion so feel free to expand on it.
    I'll consider it.

I don't need to actually block or ignore people because they don't get under my skin that way.
    Ppl can ignore others for different reasons but I get your point. And good for you. Btw no hard feelings from me, Its nothing personal and I don't even dislike you or anything, just disagree with some your opinions and methods. Also I dislike when this forum start typing ppl out of emotions as if its a game to please or show sympathy. This have been happening for a while. A lot of ppl come in here with genuine interest and need info, but others seem to just want to get some validation about the type they already chose for themselves in their minds and open up tricky threads... but If they are already so sure about their type, why they need to ask for strangers opinion's?

Then come a bunch of ppl to try validate whatever the person says without an objective basis. Imo is better to say nothing than type out of emotion and say nonsense.

Lets take a look for example the case of @Reyne... if he self types as LII most agree with him, when its ESI a bunch of ppl swear he is a textbook ESI. If he self types IEI a lot more come to agree. And when he self type as SLI most type him as SLI too. How is that even possible or objective?
    Last edited by Hope; 05-26-2020 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Grammar

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love you @Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    the very first look I had at your video I thought "SLE"
    Called it!
    Will update later, but I’m sure my verdict will remain at SLE.
    Jk, I know you wrote other stuff.

So I finally watched your videos @Northstar .

My first thoughts watching your initial video:
    - Is he reading something off a paper?
    - Does he have autism? His eyes are not moving at all lmao (actually mine are like this too at times :/)
    - You seem like a nice person
    - Angling his camera up makes his head shape look more rectangular and thus more like the stereotype of VI “rational”

Second video:
    - You definitely seem less “rational” in this one, more extroverted, smiling, and rounded
    - You look like a Caucasian gorilla
    - Your hair is like a blonde q-tip and it looks soft

PS Obviously if the TOPIC you choose is mundane and boring and you just list off your daily schedule, you are gonna seem more rational. This is to viewers too; please type critically lmao. And obviously he intentionally chose stuff like that because he wants to validate his current self-typing of LSI.

Anyway I still think you are SLE. And how you come across on video is basically exactly how I imagined you would (based off chats on here and pictures you’ve posted). And I have known SLEs like you. I myself am decently close to what you’re like. In MBTI I would type you ISTX or XSTX probably, but you seem completely SLE to me in Socionics. Your actual cognition and the specifics about your motivations seem different enough on here from the more solid LSIs that you can see the difference when you read your and their content.

Also, as Tommy analyzed your emotional psyche above there, you more likely have Fi vulnerable. You clearly have some mismatch with how you think people affect you, and how they actually affect you. You seem to have a lot of difficulty with people’s attitudes towards you, wondering if they are being hostile or not. That’s exactly the stereotype of SLE and Fi polr.

You can plan a video, but you can’t plan and edit your candid interactions with people on here.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fwiw coming I to the thread and just feeling the vibes your words put out, you all are coming across as bitchy and aggressive, even when you say otherwise.

Shrug.

I know you over a few years so I know you can be intense people, it's like, calm yo tits.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the input and impressions, it's interesting how there's several LSI-Ti and SLE opinions. For me LSI-Se is something that falls nicely in between those two and captures well the introverted analyzing part of Ti and the impulsive and reactionary Se. I didn't have any conscious agenda for how I should look like in those videos, the point was more trying to illustrate how expressionless I seem when not in the presence of Fe. The videos would look very different if I was talking to someone that puts out a plenty of Fe, then I become much more expressive, bantering and joking. When alone, I tend to fall into the unexpressive Ti analysis state.

A lot of my typing and analysis in general is some sort of combination of Ti+Ni/Se, usually I just arrive at an answer based on a gut feeling (integrated from Se impressions) which makes it hard to try to explain how I arrived at that conclusion. That makes me often uninterested in debating something in detail since there are no written references that I can point to, it's just imagery in my head that is hard to verbalize. I had a lot of issues with this when studying as well, since I'd just get an answer but it was difficult to write out in detail how I arrived at it. When writing my M.Sc. thesis I first wrote the whole background chapter from memory and then had to go hunting for matching references from books since it was required to do so. I found it boring and even distasteful to quote passages from books when I could've just written it from my own head using my own words.

And yeah, I would agree that I have way more problems with Fi than with Ne (I don't identify with extreme Ne-PoLR which seems to me more in the domain of LSI-Ti), but both are weak. I actually like Ne (especially Ne+Ti), but have a pretty strong distaste for Fi. In terms of dual-seeking, though, I think I prefer receiving Fe over Ni since I'm not as keen on replacing my own Ni insights (that aren't at the level of a Ni ego) with someone else's.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blobs club

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? Look how his head hardly moves. Not just the fact that it hardly moves at all, but that it doesn't move effortlessly, very un-anal. I see an important clue as to his type here.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast