Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 417

Thread: Short typing video

  1. #121
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE (N) 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    639
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    In as far as that goal is concerned imo it was sucessful. Fi role and Fe suggestive seems to fit considering you don't know any of us and consequently are more restrained than with peole you actually know and are comfortable with.

    From the videos however I can't get a sense of your Se. I have a hard time imagining you taking on an organizational role, putting people to work and making sure they do their job for example, being forceful and applying pressure on people if need be. (this is something I don't like doing for example)
    Okay, the problem lies with your imagination then, since that's what I actually do daily and get paid for. I don't posture needlessly like a kid that has something to prove, that is ridiculous and you're probably looking for a caricature. I'm an adult (38) that knows how to be civil and friendly, especially as that is our culture. I just increase the forcefulness gradually as necessary.

    I enjoy and have naturally taken informal or formal leadership roles of small groups, from military service to every real job I've had. Being CEO doesn't interest me that much, but I like having a small team of competent people who I direct. I believe in the "speak softly but carry a big stick" ideology, preferring a diplomatic approach first but following up with force if it doesn't work. This surprises people sometimes since I'm deceptively nice at first but that is only on the surface.

  2. #122
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,651
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    In as far as that goal is concerned imo it was sucessful. Fi role and Fe suggestive seems to fit considering you don't know any of us and consequently are more restrained than with peole you actually know and are comfortable with.

    From the videos however I can't get a sense of your Se. I have a hard time imagining you taking on an organizational role, putting people to work and making sure they do their job for example, being forceful and applying pressure on people if need be. (this is something I don't like doing for example)
    He’s sitting and talking. Do you think Se leads are incapable of doing that? Like do they have to be punching people and flexing every second to be Se egos or something?

    Do you think applying pressure on people means punching and yelling at them until they get into single file lineups? Lol

    Do Si egos need to be masturbating and twiddling their nipples to ASMR videos every second?

    Also, I constructive’d your prior post accidentally.

  3. #123
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    the rice fields
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Okay, the problem lies with your imagination then, since that's what I actually do daily and get paid for. I don't posture needlessly like a kid that has something to prove, that is ridiculous and you're probably looking for a caricature. I'm an adult (38) that knows how to be civil and friendly, especially as that is our culture. I just increase the forcefulness gradually as necessary. I enjoy and have naturally taken informal or formal leadership roles of small groups, from military service to every real job I've had. Being CEO doesn't interest me that much, but I like having a small team of competent people who I direct.
    I believe in the "speak softly but carry a big stick" ideology, preferring a diplomatic approach first but following up with force if it doesn't work.
    Alright, now we are getting somewhere. Look, I get payed to do plenty of things I don't enjoy doing. For me what you do for a living does not necesserily mean its in line with your personality. If it were for me I would probably never allow anyone to determine how and what I have to do regarding anything period. I hate giving orders and respond with hostility to pressure, orders or any need to obey rules i deem as irrelevant.

    In terms of temperamnt from the video alone EP and EJ are out of the question. IJ and IP likely. Feeling elements aren't very good, which means Super-ego/id range at best. That narrows it down to logical introvert. From the video alone its clear you aren't intuitive, intuitives display associative thinking, you don't. We'll throw ILI and LII out the window now.

    Down to SLI vs LSI. Considering what you wrote joust now, but more specifically how you responded to my posts I think LSI is clear. SLI wouldn't enjoy being in charge due to Se demonstrative. The fact that you enjoy your work and can actually be assertive (it comes through in how you responded) is proof enough for me.

  4. #124
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    the rice fields
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    He’s sitting and talking. Do you think Se leads are incapable of doing that? Like do they have to be punching people and flexing every second to be Se egos or something?

    Do you think applying pressure on people means punching and yelling at them until they get into single file lineups? Lol

    Do Si egos need to be masturbating and twiddling their nipples to ASMR videos every second?

    Also, I constructive’d your prior post accidentally.
    Se egos are pushy annoying competitive people, such as little bears who are into BDSM.

  5. #125
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,651
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Se egos are pushy annoying competitive people, such as little bears who are into BDSM.
    Lol. I am not that pushy, I’d say. I like being annoying sometimes but I wouldn’t think I’m perceived that way usually. And I don’t like either competition or BDSM.

  6. #126
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,768
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    (Rhetorical questions) Then I'm Fi PoLR too. I have the exact same problems. So? Does this keep this type of argument valid? Should Fi role be that much better at it, really?


    @Northstar

    I would say you come off like Ti lead in general here in this thread too with how you really are not engaging too deep in discussion, you present your already finished serious conclusions instead. You do not readily enter exchanges on the Ti stuff. Me either, I actually like arguing more than you I think, but the logic is kinda inert like yours. Or I mean, some people can jump at me now and say it's the Se that's inert pressure behind the logic blah blah (SLE>LSI). But I just see your style as LXI more than Ti creative. If you do any Ti creative-ish stuff - like twisting stuff more around instead of serious reasoning that stands on its own - at all it seems to be for really short periods - same for me actually.

    Ofc all this could also just be IQ instead or something.

    Anyway. This is where I would agree with you actually regarding the issue of how Model A is only a roughly "correct" draft of things so you don't draw conclusions directly based on Model A. Me either, nah. Exactly because you can't do deductions to get to conclusions with a "roughly correct thing" applied on the wrong abstraction level. So I would say you are keeping more logically consistent this way actually. And not falling into some bad rabbithole. Following Model A in the above way would lead to that only. If you value keeping logically consistent instead then you can end up in a place that's a new system that's no longer even Socionics but works better and also explains things better. This is trivial of course, I'm just fleshing this out for the thread in general.

    ...

    I also picked LSI-Se in a similar way to you. SLE-Ti of course also has both an introverted phlegmatic Ti thingy and the Se impulsiveness. But SLE-Ti is really just holding that Se animal back temporarily while LSI is just really actually serious and straightforward a lot of the time. And you come off as the latter one to me. I could be wrong, this is just how your stuff comes off.

    Also where you say: "if I was talking to someone that puts out a plenty of Fe, then I become much more expressive, bantering and joking. When alone, I tend to fall into the unexpressive Ti analysis state"

    Stereotypical Fe suggestive supposedly. The "serious structured Ti lead suddenly becomes all jovial, expressive, emotionally spontaneous" ... Tho being alone you are ofc not going to be expressive as there is no one around lol unless you are the type who likes to do drama plays by themselves or whatever.

    Out of curiosity, the imagery in your head, is it like static visual images/snapshots that can be analysed spatially or help with logic in such a fashion? And yeah, I never quoted stuff from books for university papers either.

    As for Ne PoLR. My understanding is that LSI-Ti is kind of better with intuition so I am not sure if their Ne is worse than LSI-Se's.

    LSI-Ti: "Lacks sufficient flexibility in dealing with people and is poor at taking their individual abilities into account."
    LSI-Se: "Applies the same requirements to everyone without taking individual abilities and circumstances into account."

    To me this comes off as, LSI-Ti tries to Ne sometimes, just really sucks at it while LSI-Se is kinda confident that they can deal with the situation doing their Se approach instead, lol. Frankly that's exactly how I am.

    I do like Ne+Ti too lol, I've known some ILEs and one of them is a pretty good friend, I like his stuff, I just can't uh, keep following ALL his tangents and ideas lol. But it's still fascinating enough. And with Fi I get sick of that stuff fast if I'm supposed to feel internal Fi feelz. It really is bad for the Ti. I've heard my LII (LII-0) friend rant about how he hates Fi. Yeah uh... And he's definitely not ILE either, lol.

    If you say you are OK with receiving Fe emotional expressions/drama/etc lol, and you don't feel that replaces your own emotional reactions too much then yeah I would say that is Fe suggestive where you do have more resistance to replacing your Ni.

    One more thing on Fe for LSI-Se vs SLE: going back to that article on LSI subtypes, it says "From time to time needs an emotional discharge to alleviate his inner tensions. In such cases does not hide his emotions and waits for reciprocal sincerity from his partner. Finds it difficult to attain inner balance". This can certainly be interpreted in the Fe HA-ish way. As SLE also needs their emotional release and until then it's just waiting to "break free" using your wording.

    Also indicative of Fe suggestive and jungian inferior Feeling is where you said you are not aware of your feelings on the spot. Hardest to access inferior function on the spot. Frankly that's another way I could see my Ni as being stronger than Fe even tho' the Ni isn't all that strong either.

    Then, the thing with utilising logic for some Se/Ni goals and being suspicious about some motives, that's the same for me too. I mean it'd be Se PoLR if you were unable to do that with utilising logic for the goals like that. Not being able to give up ideals for the real goals and "street smarts" or to be "biased" towards desires.

    As for cognitive styles, I think you got a load of C-D, not just really H-P... you are doing that type of deductive reasoning a looot. It's one of the things that tips me off to you being LSI over SLE actually.

    Being more reactive than proactive i.e. responsive to interaction rather than initiative-taking in the interaction, that would be introtim yes

    All in all, there is just not going to be a way to decide between SLE and LSI based on this or that snippet or little detail, but if you put all of them together and they just line up sensibly for LSI rather than for SLE and if the subtype makes it line up even more sensibly then I would think your self-typing is correct. That is how it's worked for me anyhow (deciding between LSI vs SLE). Tbh it feels very Ni in a way lol, perceiving the dots connecting like that.

    @Adam Strange I got to disappoint you. I also talk like Northstar with how I focus on the immediate actions and also I have the same trust and reliance on tangible presence to get things done. I do not like to talk much about plans for future development, nah, I'd rather go and execute that plan. And no I don't type SLE.
    LSI-Ti has better N and T and worse F and S than LSI-Se. This means that LSI-Ti looks closer to an LII-Ti and an LSI-Se looks closers to an ESI-Se
    ~ ESTP ~ SLE ~ ESTp ~ Self-Pres 7w8 ~ Sp/Sx ~ Fire Element ~ Aries Sign ~ Beta Quadra ~ Gryffindor House ~ Summer Season ~ SLUEN ~

  7. #127
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    the rice fields
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Lol. I am not that pushy, I’d say. I like being annoying sometimes but I wouldn’t think I’m perceived that way usually. And I don’t like either competition or BDSM.
    It was a joke lol. Anyway, my image of SLE specifically (because Se types are different): Tyler1 . I can't think of a better example than that guy. Sterotypical SLE: Tyler1. Sure some of it is for the show, but the one thing he can't fake is his competitive nature and desire to win, to be on top, along with how he shits on people he considers inferior (Fi PolR), how he just takes over any group of people. Demanding, direct, impulsive and acts despite low information. he might be an extreme example, but I have known a handful of people in my own life who fit the same mold. They are rather common.
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; 05-29-2020 at 02:19 PM. Reason: typos

  8. #128
    Tetrisexual inaLim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    xSI is my first impression

    Btw You look like Rory McCann

  9. #129
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,651
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    It was a joke lol. Anyway, my image of SLE specifically (because Se types are different): Tyler1 . I can't think of a better example than that guy. Sterotypical SLE: Tyler1. Sure some of it is for the show, but the one thing he can't fake is his competitive nature and desire to win, to be on top, along with how he shits on people he considers inferior (Fi PolR), how he just takes over any group of people. Demanding, direct, impulsive and acts despite low information. he might be an extreme example, but I have known a handful of people in my own life who fit the same mold. They are rather common.
    I see. By your definitions I’m ISTx too then.

  10. #130
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE (N) 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    639
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I've been typed ESI as well which I could understand from a behavioral vibe standpoint.

    @shotgunfingers I think you're stereotyping Se too much, most Se egos or Se leads aren't over the top unhealthy like that. Both Se and Ni leads seem to be way exaggerated in typology communities, in reality they are just people like everyone else and not comic book characters.

  11. #131
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,386
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    It was a joke lol. Anyway, my image of SLE specifically (because Se types are different): Tyler1 . I can't think of a better example than that guy. Sterotypical SLE: Tyler1.
    Most so called "introverted" Se people are just maniac SLE's.

    Eh, look at Putin. LSI and many others look like that but they can still do combat apparently. OK, creative Se is pretty darn weird. Looks like they are doing ASMR smackdowns.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

  12. #132
    Tetrisexual inaLim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My bad I meant to type LSI / SLI, not xSI. Brain fart. I think you are introvert ST. Hard to tell if you are rational or irrational. You seem Beta over text, but Delta-ish on video.

  13. #133
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,651
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    My bad I meant to type LSI / SLI, not xSI. Brain fart. I think you are introvert ST. Hard to tell if you are rational or irrational. You seem Beta over text, but Delta-ish on video.
    Et tu, Brute?

  14. #134
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    the rice fields
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Yeah, I've been typed ESI as well which I could understand from a behavioral vibe standpoint.

    @shotgunfingers I think you're stereotyping Se too much, most Se egos or Se leads aren't over the top unhealthy like that. Both Se and Ni leads seem to be way exaggerated in typology communities, in reality they are just people like everyone else and not comic book characters.
    Why would that kind of behaviour be unhealthy? Its just insensitive. If you think about it logically a higherarchy of merit is gr8. Why spare anyone who slacks off or is operating within an area where they have no skill and struggle to compete? To me it seems more unfair to be kind, to tell people white lies in order to spare their feelings.

    There can be a downside to acting on low information, but if he guesses right the upside is speed and intiative to capitalize on opportunities right away. Pros and cons just like with anything else.

    I'm just regurgitating what Se base is defined to be by the model.

    *don;t mind me I'm devil's advocating as per ususal :/ *

  15. #135
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,651
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Why would that kind of behaviour be unhealthy? Its just insensitive. If you think about it logically a higherarchy of merit is gr8. Why spare anyone who slacks off or is operating within an area where they have no skill and struggle to compete? To me it seems more unfair to be kind, to tell people white lies in order to spare their feelings.

    There can be a downside to acting on low information, but if he guesses right the upside is speed and intiative to capitalize on opportunities right away. Pros and cons just like with anything else.

    I'm just regurgitating what Se base is defined to be by the model.

    *don;t mind me I'm devil's advocating as per ususal :/ *
    Regularly shitting on people you consider to be inferior is unhealthy behavior lol, as is “just taking over ‘any’ group of people”

  16. #136
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,506
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    That you can see DCNH without in depth interview or a brain scan. OK, I never believe in what I see.
    Really? Since when? DCNH is very easy to see most of the time (often easier than main type). I don't want to derail this thread, but if you could provide some sources were Gulenko says this it would be great. (you can pm me or write a visitor message if you want)

    So take Rick for example. He used to be active in the socionics community in the past. He types IEE and he is obviously normalizing, right?
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)


    My Pinterest

  17. #137
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    the rice fields
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Regularly shitting on people you consider to be inferior is unhealthy behavior lol, as is “just taking over ‘any’ group of people”
    Se as a leading function in SLE and SEE:

    The individual feels at home among people who are actively doing something and interacting with each other directly (visibly), and is able to organize people, move them around as necessary, and guide them in achieving a specific goal. He or she likes obedience and even subservience in others, since it allows him to "make things happen" more effectively. He is keenly aware of territorial conflicts and confrontational behavior occurring around him. He very quickly becomes confrontational when others try to make him move or get him to do something in an aggressive or confrontational way. He quickly recognizes when people are trying to get each other to do something or are trying to organize him for some purpose. He also spontaneously uses aggression to achieve his own goals.He wants to make all decisions himself about what he will do, wear, eat, look like, etc., and resents any attempts by others to make these decisions for him. However, he is willing to make use of other peoples' ideas, advice, and creativity, as long as he plays the most visible role. He enjoys testing his will in challenging situations and views life as a sort of obstacle course, full of adversity and challenges, that must be weathered and conquered.
    Source: https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/...on_elements/Se

    To me it always seemed like my opposite, someone who likes being in charge, while I demand autonomy at all cost. The unstopable force meets an immovable object situation.

    It describes Tyler1 really well, even if he is unlealthy.

    OP is in no way SLE.

  18. #138
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,386
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Really? Since when? DCNH is very easy to see most of the time (often easier than main type). I don't want to derail this thread, but if you could provide some sources were Gulenko says this it would be great. (you can pm me or write a visitor message if you want)
    There are videos in which Gulenko uses Nardi's brain activity images to assign subtype. Videos can be found in Vaserlan's channel.

    And anyways science is about not trusting you own eyes or other senses. So that is the way I like to function.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

  19. #139
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,506
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    There are videos in which Gulenko uses Nardi's brain activity images to assign subtype. Videos can be found in Vaserlan's channel.
    That's interesting. But dcnh is still pretty easy to see without brain activity images. And Gulenko has plenty of stuff that says or implies that you can see dcnh without any advanced technology.

    Well socionics is not hard science. But we are typing people here in this forum and there is some kind of agreement that the16types exist and that we can know that, even without brain activity images, which I don't have access to.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)


    My Pinterest

  20. #140
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,651
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Se as a leading function in SLE and SEE:



    Source: https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/...on_elements/Se

    To me it always seemed like my opposite, someone who likes being in charge, while I demand autonomy at all cost. The unstopable force meets an immovable object situation.

    It describes Tyler1 really well, even if he is unlealthy.

    OP is in no way SLE.
    I don’t understand why you’re quoting me.

    I didn’t say that behavior wasn’t Se. I just said it was unhealthy.

    Also, autonomy is usually associated with Ti primarily, moreso than with Te. The description you posted even includes that:
    He also spontaneously uses aggression to achieve his own goals.He wants to make all decisions himself about what he will do, wear, eat, look like, etc., and resents any attempts by others to make these decisions for him.”

    That’s autonomy.

    And none of OP’s behavior contradicts anything else you’ve just posted about lead Se either. In fact it seems to be able to fit him even completely, potentially. So I’m not really sure what your point is. You seem confused about more than one thing here.

  21. #141
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    the rice fields
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I don’t understand why you’re quoting me.

    I didn’t say that behavior wasn’t Se. I just said it was unhealthy.

    Also, autonomy is usually associated with Ti primarily, moreso than with Te. The description you posted even includes that:
    He also spontaneously uses aggression to achieve his own goals.He wants to make all decisions himself about what he will do, wear, eat, look like, etc., and resents any attempts by others to make these decisions for him.”

    That’s autonomy.

    And none of OP’s behavior contradicts anything else you’ve just posted about lead Se either. In fact it seems to be able to fit him even completely, potentially. So I’m not really sure what your point is. You seem confused about more than one thing here.
    The description I posted is not for SLE, Ti has nothing to do with it.

    Imo OP is LSI. Se creative seems to fit well, but thats just my perspective.

    You don't seem to know your stuff, imo you are merely amusing yourself here which is annoying.

    EDIT: I probably have 3D ignoring Se.

  22. #142
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,651
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    The description I posted is not for SLE, Ti has nothing to do with it.

    Imo OP is LSI. Se creative seems to fit well, but thats just my perspective.

    You don't seem to know your stuff, imo you are merely amusing yourself here which is annoying.
    It’s not that I don’t know my stuff, it’s that you’re a noob who missed the point. All of my comments stand as true, and you’re the one who doesn’t know your stuff if you deny them.

    I only mentioned Ti vs Te because you were trying to contrast yourself (as an xLI-Te ego) with the OP (a beta ST-Ti ego), saying that you value autonomy and Se leads don’t but then you posted something where it said Se leads do RIGHT ABOVE, within the exact same post. A type that has Se in ego has Ti either in ego or superego, so it’s going to be conscious and somewhat at the forefront.

    If you find me annoying, maybe you should just accept your wrongness. You’ll start to love me and then you’ll feel better again.

  23. #143

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Okay, the problem lies with your imagination then, since that's what I actually do daily and get paid for. I don't posture needlessly like a kid that has something to prove, that is ridiculous and you're probably looking for a caricature. I'm an adult (38) that knows how to be civil and friendly, especially as that is our culture. I just increase the forcefulness gradually as necessary.

    I enjoy and have naturally taken informal or formal leadership roles of small groups, from military service to every real job I've had. Being CEO doesn't interest me that much, but I like having a small team of competent people who I direct. I believe in the "speak softly but carry a big stick" ideology, preferring a diplomatic approach first but following up with force if it doesn't work. This surprises people sometimes since I'm deceptively nice at first but that is only on the surface.
    Very LSI stereotype lol:

    "speak softly but carry a big stick",

    following up with force when needed,

    and so on.

    At first I am also deceptively nice and play the nice sensitive girl image well apparently.



    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I can't see the Se. Is it just me or do you guys not see the Se in Northstar either?
    If OP has creative Se... it doesen't come across in the video at all.
    Yes, I see the Se in OP. In the video too. Where I said at first sight I thought SLE it was because the Se was emphasised (in the way he looked). But ofc the overall video was then more LSI than SLE.


    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    In as far as that goal is concerned imo it was sucessful. Fi role and Fe suggestive seems to fit considering you don't know any of us and consequently are more restrained than with peole you actually know and are comfortable with.

    From the videos however I can't get a sense of your Se. I have a hard time imagining you taking on an organizational role, putting people to work and making sure they do their job for example, being forceful and applying pressure on people if need be. (this is something I don't like doing for example)
    Yep again, I can easily see the glimpses of forcefulness in the video.

    One more note, so yeah the first part here was a good summary for why OP is LSI (and an introtim) over SLE. I find SLEs aren't that restrained even at first. Even the Ti subtype isn't like that. Sure they could come off cold and aloof but just somehow not truly restrained like that.

    Otherwise, your view of Se egos, well yeah, I understand that it's actually what they look like to non Se egos or whatever lol - so yes some of it will be stereotyping, but it does have truth to it lol. ...

    (I type as LSI-Se like OP so that's where I'm coming from)

    So I would say the way you described SLEs (Tyler1 or whoever, I don't know them btw), it did seem somewhat black and white yes. I don't think Se egos have to be shitting on people they see as inferior, or take over ANY group of people literally. It's true Se egos are direct and if the Se has a strong enough influence then impulsive and demanding too.

    Your Se base quote, a lot of it does fit strengthened Se creative too imo. Right from the first sentence. It's the pure extraverted stuff like "as long as he plays the most visible role" what won't fit Se creatives.

    Oh, and your autonomy thing does actually sound devalued Se for your xLI thing but if you are open to influence from SEE (their influence is different than SLE's, it's a load more emotional), then maybe ILI after all



    Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    My bad I meant to type LSI / SLI, not xSI. Brain fart. I think you are introvert ST. Hard to tell if you are rational or irrational. You seem Beta over text, but Delta-ish on video.
    Delta in terms of being "boring" or "low key" emotionally? Or not aggressive in-the-face enough? Or? ....

  24. #144
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    the rice fields
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    Yep again, I can easily see the glimpses of forcefulness in the video.

    One more note, so yeah the first part here was a good summary for why OP is LSI (and an introtim) over SLE. I find SLEs aren't that restrained even at first. Even the Ti subtype isn't like that. Sure they could come off cold and aloof but just somehow not truly restrained like that.

    Otherwise, your view of Se egos, well yeah, I understand that it's actually what they look like to non Se egos or whatever lol - so yes some of it will be stereotyping, but it does have truth to it lol. ...

    (I type as LSI-Se like OP so that's where I'm coming from)

    So I would say the way you described SLEs (Tyler1 or whoever, I don't know them btw), it did seem somewhat black and white yes. I don't think Se egos have to be shitting on people they see as inferior, or take over ANY group of people literally. It's true Se egos are direct and if the Se has a strong enough influence then impulsive and demanding too.

    Your Se base quote, a lot of it does fit strengthened Se creative too imo. Right from the first sentence. It's the pure extraverted stuff like "as long as he plays the most visible role" what won't fit Se creatives.

    Oh, and your autonomy thing does actually sound devalued Se for your xLI thing but if you are open to influence from SEE (their influence is different than SLE's, it's a load more emotional), then maybe ILI after all
    Imo SLE: https://youtu.be/bot0QOSwOGY <== the guy is not just an impulsive brute, he is very smart , otherwise he wouldn't get far, but he does.

    I REALLY likes ESIs, so I probably would react well to SEE leadership style, yeah.
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; 05-30-2020 at 11:55 AM.

  25. #145

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Imo SLE: https://youtu.be/bot0QOSwOGY <== the guy is not just an impulsive brute, he is very smart , otherwise he wouldn't get far, but he does.

    I REALLY likes ESIs, so I probably would react well to SEE leadership style, yeah.
    That guy comes off SEE to me actually. He's not "aloof" enough and more personal than SLE, to me

  26. #146
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    the rice fields
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    It’s not that I don’t know my stuff, it’s that you’re a noob who missed the point. All of my comments stand as true, and you’re the one who doesn’t know your stuff if you deny them.

    I only mentioned Ti vs Te because you were trying to contrast yourself (as an xLI-Te ego) with the OP (a beta ST-Ti ego), saying that you value autonomy and Se leads don’t but then you posted something where it said Se leads do RIGHT ABOVE, within the exact same post. A type that has Se in ego has Ti either in ego or superego, so it’s going to be conscious and somewhat at the forefront.

    If you find me annoying, maybe you should just accept your wrongness. You’ll start to love me and then you’ll feel better again.


    I apologize. I just found the gif funny

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    That guy comes off SEE to me actually. He's not "aloof" enough and more personal than SLE, to me
    Could be. Well in that case screw SEE Se as well. e_e in fact screw anyone who dares fuck with my autonomy.

    Definition, so ppl don't mistake it for absolute freedom: the condition of self-government, the capacity of an agent to act in accordance with objective morality rather than under the influence of desires.
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; 05-30-2020 at 07:51 PM.

  27. #147

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not about North, but I think that guy shotgun linked is SEE > SLE.

  28. #148

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Definition, so ppl don't mistake it for absolute freedom: the condition of self-government, the capacity of an agent to act in accordance with objective morality rather than under the influence of desires.
    What do you mean by objective morality here?

  29. #149
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    the rice fields
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    What do you mean by objective morality here?
    Obviously I can't just demand the freedom to do anything. Actions have to conform to morality and reason. Regardless of what individual people might think, things are simply true regardless of their own subjective perspective.

    See the categorical imperative: https://youtu.be/8bIys6JoEDw

    e_e don't u dare bring up "morality is relative"... thats just a shitty excuse to do anything. we are derailing OP's thread!
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; 05-31-2020 at 08:02 AM.

  30. #150

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Obviously I can't just demand the freedom to do anything. Actions have to conform to morality and reason. Regardless of what individual people might think, things are simply true regardless of their own subjective perspective.

    See the categorical imperative: https://youtu.be/8bIys6JoEDw

    e_e don't u dare bring up "morality is relative"... thats just a shitty excuse to do anything. we are derailing OP's thread!
    Oh I like Kant, tho I have an issue with implementation regarding his ideas. I agree that there are restrictions, I'm not the type of person you were trying to preempt about here lol.

  31. #151
    Tetrisexual inaLim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    Delta in terms of being "boring" or "low key" emotionally? Or not aggressive in-the-face enough? Or? ....
    Yes, those 3 taken together get the gist of it.

    For the sake of being pedantic, yes deltas are often boring, but I wouldn't say they are that much more boring than anyone else. And they're definitely not "low key" emotionally. More like constipated and ready to blow. see: dude alluding to his violent temper and hanging people by their guts or whatever for moral transgressions.

    But definitions get parroted without thinking, and twisted into stereotypes once they spread to people who can't actually distinguish what the definition describes. So I prefer
    - Comparison to a spread of tangible examples
    - Comparison of cognitive style from self-description and what they say, to expert description (the further you get from Jung the more sketchy).
    - Real life evidence of intertype relations

    For tangible comparisons - From the way he talks on text, I was expecting Frank Miller / Eminem / Michael Jordan, so I was surprised when on video he is more like Bill Belichek / Warren Buffet / Mike Ehrmantraut / Eyeore. But VI is not definitive for me unless it can be shown someone is a physical AND cognitive doppelganger. (see: Trump and Rob Liefeld, KSI and Eddie Hall, etc)

    For cognition - AFAIK OP has not indicated much cringeworthy Fi hidden agenda / PoLR to point to xLI or xLE yet. And he hasn't really said anything in line with Jung Si or socionics Si, or Ne or Ni. Ti vs Te is hard to tell because he talks about work.

    For intertype relations - OP says he prefers Fe. It's pretty hard to fuck up whether you like having your emotions played with or not, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt that he knows himself on that. And OP is frequently triggered by that Aaron guy who is either SEE, IEE, or ILE, which fits LSI conflict / supervisee / supervisor. He gets sucked right into it. Deltas are more likely to hold their ground, maintain a facade of civility, and then complain to mods behind your back. The farthest SLI really go online is saying something savage passive aggressively.

    His video presence is what I would have assumed is like a stereotype of SLI (maybe I am biased from exposure to MBTI), but everything else fits Beta ST. Which is why I don't put much stock in typing by appearances. I'm going with LSI for now.



    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Et tu, Brute?
    See above. He is phlegmatic and motionless. SLE that look pseudo-phlegmatic tend to actually be sanguine/choleric. Se doms should be expected to be on the edge of being mobilized at all times. Not because of "force" or "impulsiveness," or "pent-up chaos," or whatever other bullshit people buy into, but because lead extroverted sensing means constantly testing the environment. That has a different look to it than an internal state of refining logic, immersion in patterns, conserving internal equilibrium etc.

    Not to mention what he's said about his memory. If you can point me to some motionless, phlegmatic SLEs who can recall technical manuals verbatim, I'm open to revising my impression.

    Also, What?? Have we ever agreed on any typing? Maybe 1 or 2 out of every 10, lol.

  32. #152
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE (N) 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    639
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good points above. I agree on the seeming SLI-ness, probably a feature of introversion and growing up/living in a Delta culture.

    However, some obvious differences arise when comparing myself to a long-time friend who is certainly SLI. They are most of the time laid-back and calm, while LSI-Se (including me and another good friend I've known a long time) are more tense and on the edge at all times. This becomes very obvious when working. All three of us work on cars as a hobby but the SLI always seems to enjoy the process despite problems or setbacks. If something starts going wrong, he'll just demobilize, take a smoke break, think about it and then return to the issue with patient calm. I'm seldom able to do this, almost always working quickly at a feverish pace even when there actually isn't any hurry. The job itself isn't a reward, it's the result when it's done. During the job I'm often pissed off if it isn't going perfectly, relaxing and becoming happy when it's successfully completed.

    When something starts going wrong, I just increase the effort expended while getting progressively more aggressive and volatile. There's a kind of internal rage that quickly comes out when things stop going smoothly. Taking it out on something physically feels good then, such smashing the seized parts even harder with a hammer, cursing loudly, throwing tools etc. There is a choleric temper under the surface, my fuse is so much shorter compared to my SLI friend that often likes to laugh about the times we were working together and I once again lost my temper, throwing parts around in rage and scaring off onlookers.

    To me the sensing subtype implies boosting of both Se and Si which makes it easy to see why the demo Si would be visible. In practice it also seems to make me much more accepting of Ne as compared to LSI-Ti, but less tolerant of Fi, I know all subtype theories might not agree with this but they're not very solid stuff anyway with lots of different versions floating around. I'm making my own here: Irrational subtype boosts Se/Si/Ne/Ni and rational subtype boosts Ti/Te/Fe/Fi.

  33. #153
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    ESI?
    Posts
    1,754
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll accept LSI for you, @Northstar.

  34. #154
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,651
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    Yes, those 3 taken together get the gist of it.

    For the sake of being pedantic, yes deltas are often boring, but I wouldn't say they are that much more boring than anyone else. And they're definitely not "low key" emotionally. More like constipated and ready to blow. see: dude alluding to his violent temper and hanging people by their guts or whatever for moral transgressions.

    But definitions get parroted without thinking, and twisted into stereotypes once they spread to people who can't actually distinguish what the definition describes. So I prefer
    - Comparison to a spread of tangible examples
    - Comparison of cognitive style from self-description and what they say, to expert description (the further you get from Jung the more sketchy).
    - Real life evidence of intertype relations

    For tangible comparisons - From the way he talks on text, I was expecting Frank Miller / Eminem / Michael Jordan, so I was surprised when on video he is more like Bill Belichek / Warren Buffet / Mike Ehrmantraut / Eyeore. But VI is not definitive for me unless it can be shown someone is a physical AND cognitive doppelganger. (see: Trump and Rob Liefeld, KSI and Eddie Hall, etc)

    For cognition - AFAIK OP has not indicated much cringeworthy Fi hidden agenda / PoLR to point to xLI or xLE yet. And he hasn't really said anything in line with Jung Si or socionics Si, or Ne or Ni. Ti vs Te is hard to tell because he talks about work.

    For intertype relations - OP says he prefers Fe. It's pretty hard to fuck up whether you like having your emotions played with or not, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt that he knows himself on that. And OP is frequently triggered by that Aaron guy who is either SEE, IEE, or ILE, which fits LSI conflict / supervisee / supervisor. He gets sucked right into it. Deltas are more likely to hold their ground, maintain a facade of civility, and then complain to mods behind your back. The farthest SLI really go online is saying something savage passive aggressively.

    His video presence is what I would have assumed is like a stereotype of SLI (maybe I am biased from exposure to MBTI), but everything else fits Beta ST. Which is why I don't put much stock in typing by appearances. I'm going with LSI for now.





    See above. He is phlegmatic and motionless. SLE that look pseudo-phlegmatic tend to actually be sanguine/choleric. Se doms should be expected to be on the edge of being mobilized at all times. Not because of "force" or "impulsiveness," or "pent-up chaos," or whatever other bullshit people buy into, but because lead extroverted sensing means constantly testing the environment. That has a different look to it than an internal state of refining logic, immersion in patterns, conserving internal equilibrium etc.

    Not to mention what he's said about his memory. If you can point me to some motionless, phlegmatic SLEs who can recall technical manuals verbatim, I'm open to revising my impression.

    Also, What?? Have we ever agreed on any typing? Maybe 1 or 2 out of every 10, lol.
    These are good points, considering the fact that you also doubt me being SLE.

  35. #155
    Emily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Posts
    269
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    See above. He is phlegmatic and motionless. SLE that look pseudo-phlegmatic tend to actually be sanguine/choleric. Se doms should be expected to be on the edge of being mobilized at all times. Not because of "force" or "impulsiveness," or "pent-up chaos," or whatever other bullshit people buy into, but because lead extroverted sensing means constantly testing the environment. That has a different look to it than an internal state of refining logic, immersion in patterns, conserving internal equilibrium etc.

    Not to mention what he's said about his memory. If you can point me to some motionless, phlegmatic SLEs who can recall technical manuals verbatim, I'm open to revising my impression.
    Good points.

  36. #156
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    the rice fields
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    Deltas are more likely to hold their ground, maintain a facade of civility, and then complain to mods behind your back. The farthest SLI really go online is saying something savage passive aggressively.
    Note: I won't get into this on 16types <.<, because this place is useful to me, so don't bann me lol..

    O.o is this true!? Soo IF I'm a terrible politically incorrect and blunt Fe PolR guy prone to confrontation and arguing/debating with people, sometimes for fun, enjoy devil's advocating...>.> a lot of times to the point of getting banned.. would that be ILI? I wield ideas/thoughts like weapons lmao.
    e_e Jesus Christ, y complain to mods.. what is this kindergarten? Complaining to mods is low..

    even in irl, example, a few years back me and dad got all the scrap together (he repairs central heating units in his spare time) to sell to people who collect metal scrap. At one point they got very intrusive, at least too intrusive for me <_< going into the house asking for more scrap... so I grabbed a steel pipe and basically threatened breking their kneecaps if they don't leave.. I'm just some angry 6ft tall skinny computernerd. Maaaybe I should lift, so i pose an actuall physical threat.. hmm.

    I guess the gist of it is that I can't be "composed". If I'm pissed more likely to:



    e_e i mean I acted the same way with my own grandmother, she can ask for "respect" all she wants, respect is earned not given simply because she is an old emotionally manipulative hag who badmouths my father and his family. I have no problems telling my grandmother to go fuck herself.. just that it creates problems for my mother and for her sake I control myself.

    The kind of person you are describing sounds like my father, I suspect he is SLI.
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; 06-01-2020 at 07:40 AM.

  37. #157

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Note: I won't get into this on 16types <.<, because this place is useful to me, so don't bann me lol..

    O.o is this true!? Soo IF I'm a terrible politically incorrect and blunt Fe PolR guy prone to confrontation and arguing/debating with people, sometimes for fun, enjoy devil's advocating...>.> a lot of times to the point of getting banned.. would that be ILI? I wield ideas/thoughts like weapons lmao.
    e_e Jesus Christ, y complain to mods.. what is this kindergarten? Complaining to mods is low..

    even in irl, example, a few years back me and dad got all the scrap together (he repairs central heating units in his spare time) to sell to people who collect metal scrap. At one point they got very intrusive, at least too intrusive for me <_< going into the house asking for more scrap... so I grabbed a steel pipe and basically threatened breking their kneecaps if they don't leave.. I'm just some angry 6ft tall skinny computernerd. Maaaybe I should lift, so i pose an actuall physical threat.. hmm.

    I guess the gist of it is that I can't be "composed". If I'm pissed more likely to:



    The kind of person you are describing sounds like my father, I suspect he is SLI.
    haha, it's all just theoretical archetypes. My SLI 6w5 friend would probably consider most online debates a waste of his time and wouldn't even bother with it. He would just think that people are idiots and move right along.

  38. #158
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    the rice fields
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustWandering View Post
    haha, it's all just theoretical archetypes. My SLI 6w5 friend would probably consider most online debates a waste of his time and wouldn't even bother with it. He would just think that people are idiots and move right along.
    he is missing out on all the fun imo. Yeah, they lead to nowhere, but fun..

    e_e maybe I just have anger management issues. This one time at work I got into an argument with the sales director, I was explaining to him that its physically impossible to cut a steel plate with the laser the way he wanted it, because it melts & warps the plate (we tried to cut it 3 times already). He said he doesen't care "just get it done the way I want", so I blew a gasket called him a fucking retard and repeatedly slammned the reciever into the office phone's body untill everything was in pieces. Good thing my direct boss wasn't in the office at the time. q_q my colegues took a picture of the mess and teased (tongue in cheek) me for a year for this (we laughed lmao)... and disposed of the evidence .. <.< ...>.> ... good thing nobody blackmailed me over this.

  39. #159

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    he is missing out on all the fun imo. Yeah, they lead to nowhere, but fun..

    e_e maybe I just have anger management issues. This one time at work I got into an argument with the sales director, I was explaining to him that its physically impossible to cut a steel plate with the laser the way he wanted it, because it melts & warps the plate (we tried to cut it 3 times already). He said he doesen't care "just get it done the way I want", so I blew a gasket called him a fucking retard and repeatedly slammned the reciever into the office phone's body untill everything was in pieces. Good thing my direct boss wasn't in the office at the time. q_q my colegues took a picture of the mess and teased (tongue in cheek) me for a year for this (we laughed lmao)... and disposed of the evidence .. <.< ...>.> ... good thing nobody blackmailed me over this.
    Hahaha, that work incident sounds so much like my friend... he did something very similar after reaching his breaking point with a couple of people. I LOVE to say something nonsensical about religion just to rile him up and he will go on a 30-minute tirade while I nod my head in amusement. It's fun to mess with my "conflictor" type.

  40. #160
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE (N) 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    639
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I received Gulenko's book today. The DCNH subtype system is a bit more involved than the inert/contact subtype system, but basically D(ominant) means accentuated Te/Fe, C(reative) +Ne/Se, N(ormalizing) is +Ti/Fi, and (H)armonizing +Ni/Si. Also, D uses the base function more, C the creative, N the role and H the PoLR.
    There's more about the social roles of the subtypes but they're pretty much as you'd expect from the descriptions.
    I can see cases for two types and subtypes for myself. Either LSI-Creative (closest to LSI-Se here: https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/...ISTj/subtypes/, irrational subtype) or SLE-Normalizing (rational subtype, this and SLE-H somehow form the SLE-Ti desc here: https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/...ESTp/subtypes/)

    Desc of the LSI-Creative:
    Inspector - Rescuer
    Prototypes: Firefighters and emergency services staff, lone inventors who create complex mechanisms from improvised materials, competent instructors of complex activities.

    This subtype is inclined to humor people, knowing how to improvise, give compliments and entertain publicly. He is able to captivate listeners by providing exciting information with humor and an emotive manner; however, when he falls into disputes, he can become violent and aggressive. His playful threats can escalate into real action. He is able to exert pressure on others in the interests of business, forcing them to work on a task while at the same time resorting to authoritarian methods. Greatly mobilized in dire situations, he shows a natural wit and ingenuity. He possesses the qualities of a rescuer in emergency. He is curious and loves books and other sources of information, which he accumulates if deemed useful. He shows interest in a wide range of topics and is fascinated by technical novelties, as well as humanitarian ones, such as psychological methods for personal growth. He is a master of practical training. He dislikes long explanations for what he views as simple facts. Often an inventor, he may collect parts in his yard for original constructions and creations. This LSI ardently resists any attempt to subjugate him to any rules. He is pretty clever and cunning, resorting to little tricks as well as complex ones. He may overlook others. Not all he does is what has been promised. He makes a fierce defense against encroachments on his territory. He cannot tolerate people touching his things. If his arguments are ignored, he can easily lose his cool. He estimates work output based on the difficulties he has previously experienced in the course of implementation. He reflects on psychological problems a lot and is eagerly interested in the relations between people, even though his personal life says little. He needs a periodic emotional discharge to release internal stress. He is inclined to provoke others in various ways in order to determine their true attitudes. This subtype takes good care of the ladies. Despite his sociability and curiosity, breaks must be taken from communication, and he avoids useless amusement. When alone, his high spirits are nonexistent.

    Desc of the SLE-Normalizing:
    Marshall - Withstander
    Prototypes: Athlete, confident economist

    This subtype maintains composure and won't lose equanimity under any circumstance. The inability to prove his strength triggers frustration. He doesn't enjoy leaving his comfort zone to be in front of strangers. He maintains his bravado, hiding his unease when in unfamiliar territory. He is discreet and polite when in public. A rational man, he deals with matters judiciously and impartially. He prefers to talk about what he is competent at. He is confident with only official or trusted sources of information. He is interested in laws and regulations and competently handles documentation. When consulted for advice, he delves into the details of the matter, giving concrete answers. He won't persuade strictly by arguments, but also relies on facts. He hardly finds words in speech; he is not very expressive in conversation. He is easy to talk to, and when talking to strangers, he uses indirect questions to determine where he stands in society along with his connections and opportunities. He seeks firm ground to form relationships on, both when dealing with business and solving collective problems. He likes to do big things, with everything carefully weighed and concrete plans for action in place. This SLE is a sturdy worker who is consistent and practical in business. He provides services, organizes people, and handles obligations and subordinates accordingly. His plans and results do not always reflect each other, as surprised which cannot be taken into account in advance tend to arise. He prides himself on self-reliance and will even undertake temporary employment if necessary. He will not waver under pressure from someone else. He is able to withstand heavy weight loads. He is effective in the sport as a weightlifter and is good at physical activities in general. He requires simple, but high-calorie foods. He is inclined to accumulate wealth, especially in real estate.

    Bolded the parts that I especially identify with, and italicized the ones I don't. Both seem to somehow reconcile the fact that I don't have a huge issue with Ne (but dislike Fi a lot). It's a weighing game whether the subtype or the base type dominates, but I kind of like the "rational irrational, introverted extrovert" explanation more than "irrational rational, extroverted introvert". When it comes to the Gulenko thinking styles, H-P is definitely most like me.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •