View Poll Results: Initial Feedback On Type?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • EII Fi-Ne

    2 66.67%
  • SEI Si-Fe

    1 33.33%
  • Something else

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: SEI or EII?

  1. #1

    Default SEI or EII?

    Fellow type confused person. I’ve had one video typing declare me SEI and another as EII. I can see a case for both - I’ve ruled out Ni-Fe (IEI) anyways. If you do relate, or have an idea on if I could be Si-Fe or Fi-Ne please feel free to comment. Thank you!

    I am unsure how I objectively come across to others and often score between INFP or INFJ on tests, though I am both highly valuing of both inner harmony and values as well as external relationship harmony and good will. I would maybe assume I'm more of an ISFx type, aside from the fact that I am terrible in the external world when it comes to physically orientating it; for example, I misplace items, not so good as physical activities (clumsy), and more often than not am in mu own head space rather than efficiently navigating the present moment. To confuse matters even more, I've had people either passionately insist on me being Fi-Ne, or argue that I am an Si-Fe in denial. I'm all fairly confused and would love for some clarity.

    I tend to get quite anxious when there's conflict between people around me or with myself, or emergency situations such as someone being physically and/or mentally wounded, even the thought of this threat occurring pains me greatly. I am a panicker by nature and a perfectionist, so if I am not living up to my own standards I feel very guilty, concerned and annoyed. Under stress caused by these triggers, I am very tearful and shaky inside. I either withdraw into myself and take myself away to a quiet place to calm down and leave the scene, often brooding and admonishing myself and how impossible life can be, or I become quite vocal and alarmed, pleading and yelling at people to "leave the danger!" or to "calm down and make peace!"

    Usually I am quiet, placid, inspired, but when I feel pressured and forced to hurry a task at work by a customer (I work in customer service) I can be quite defensive, and wounded. Or when I'm critiqued by some of my old friends for being too withdrawn and seeming aloof, I also feel hurt and misunderstood.
    I feel that I should maybe be better at knowing myself? Who the real me is and what she wants in life, what is the most authentic expression of her. Also I think I should be better with trusting my instincts.
    People often call me soft, gentle, kind, calming nature with others. I have had feedback that has been a bit more negative also, like above when I said some friends from school days did call me aloof and withdrawn, I've also been called out by family and some colleagues about me taking some things a bit too personally, being highly strung, low in confidence.

    What I admire most in other people is their confidence in navigating the external world and in their own beliefs, values, and who they are and what they do.

    I can feel the nuances of my own and others feelings and often my inner mood determines my actions, for example, if I'm in a low mood like today, I'll be a bit more lazy, not want to leave the house, be quieter. So yeah, my daily actions depend on my inner mood. And if I get a bad feeling about a situation, person or place and feel discomfort, I'll follow that instinct and leave rather than ignore my feelings and try to rationalise. I'd say my feelings are constantly there. I tend to appear emotionally neutral I think; politely warm. I don’t tend to bubble in excitement ever, which makes some people assume I’m not as happy about future fun plans or good events in the present; I am happy, it’s just all inside of me!

    In my own mind I am a little more sure of what I am feeling towards something since I have free reign over my mind whereas with another persons feelings it takes me perhaps a bit more time to discern with accuracy what is going on inside of them. I constantly do try and rationalise why I feel the way I do, sometimes to the point of obsessing and thinking the worst that there has to be something really wrong with me.

    I think Im more vague than detailed going by the answers above since I don't always elaborate. For me it is harder though to verbalise intuitive connects I see in the world. I "know" but I can't seem to show or tell others in a sufficient way as to what pattern I've picked up.

    I tend to think about different scenes in the future, of what could happen, or alternative present moments with fantasy elements (I like imagining stories in my head of adventures in other worlds with myself going along for the ride and mixing with the alternative) .

    I love delving into imaginary worlds and finding adventure in my own life via fiction. I don't place enough faith in my hunches, although they are prone to changing with more information present. I always expect an "aha" moment of wisdom yet am disappointed when I don't receive one.
    Last edited by jumpintoillusions; 05-16-2020 at 06:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Type me whatever you want thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    TIM
    469 Delta
    Posts
    1,948
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm leaning EII > SEI, though I see where a decent case could be built for both. To me you sound more Fi-valuing, but it's a little fuzzy

  3. #3

    Default

    @thegreenfaerie Thank you for taking the time to read my post and give me your feedback. I’m still trying to untangle the nuances of the two types and which profile would objectively fit me better. Whilst also figuring out what parts of me are “me” and what parts are more to do with my generalised anxiety disorder. I’m hopeful in time I’ll figure things out. Thank you again for your opinion

  4. #4

    Default

    This is an extract of a blog post I wrote for a MBTI Tumblr blog, if this gives anymore insight into my mind? I know in MBTI types are different to Socionics, but in MBTI I was typed as an INFP however I do find I relate to the ISFJ profile in terms of behaviour (being dutiful, caretaking, quiet, trying to be orderly, good natured, bit unsure about insights and the future) but in an ISFJ group I joined because I said I enjoyed daydreaming and reflecting on lots of theories and mythology that it meant I wasn’t one; however some ISFJs said they related to what I said. Ah anyways, this is Socionics not MBTI...

    “I’m always gauging what my feelings and reactions are to people, events, media, objects.



    When I peruse fiction in all it’s forms, I insert myself into the storyline and reflect on how I’d be feeling, thinking and reacting to the same events.


    Actually, when I come across people in day to day life too I try to imagine how I’d feel in their shoes. I understand innately though however that people are all different and also spend time analysing who they are, trying to discern who they are as a person, what they think, feel, their tastes, their values. This happens over time but I’m loyal to my findings.”

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,801
    Mentioned
    1080 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    make us a homevideo to see all the needed details to type you
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1096450
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  6. #6
    Type me whatever you want thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    TIM
    469 Delta
    Posts
    1,948
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpintoillusions View Post
    This is an extract of a blog post I wrote for a MBTI Tumblr blog, if this gives anymore insight into my mind? I know in MBTI types are different to Socionics, but in MBTI I was typed as an INFP however I do find I relate to the ISFJ profile in terms of behaviour (being dutiful, caretaking, quiet, trying to be orderly, good natured, bit unsure about insights and the future) but in an ISFJ group I joined because I said I enjoyed daydreaming and reflecting on lots of theories and mythology that it meant I wasn’t one; however some ISFJs said they related to what I said. Ah anyways, this is Socionics not MBTI...

    “I’m always gauging what my feelings and reactions are to people, events, media, objects.



    When I peruse fiction in all it’s forms, I insert myself into the storyline and reflect on how I’d be feeling, thinking and reacting to the same events.


    Actually, when I come across people in day to day life too I try to imagine how I’d feel in their shoes. I understand innately though however that people are all different and also spend time analysing who they are, trying to discern who they are as a person, what they think, feel, their tastes, their values. This happens over time but I’m loyal to my findings.”
    Yeah, I can see why you're stuck between these two typings. Have you compared the creative and PoLr functions of these two types? Creative Ne vs. Fe and PoLr Te vs. Se? It's also important to consider, I think, that SEI has 4D Fi, though unvalued. So you will be good at using this function, if SEI, but not value it in the same way you value using Fe. Same goes for EII with Ne and Ni. Have you looked through Model A?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    Yeah, I can see why you're stuck between these two typings. Have you compared the creative and PoLr functions of these two types? Creative Ne vs. Fe and PoLr Te vs. Se? It's also important to consider, I think, that SEI has 4D Fi, though unvalued. So you will be good at using this function, if SEI, but not value it in the same way you value using Fe. Same goes for EII with Ne and Ni. Have you looked through Model A?
    Well, in regards to Te, I feel like I’m more receptive to input that it being my Polr. For example, while my natural state is clumsy with daily matters- forgetting to check shop opening times before going, unsure how to change a car engine part - but I feel embarassed about these slip ups. I suppose Polr and suggestive would be awkward and have unease. However while SEIs are said to be reluctant to change their way of doing tasks, in contrast I'm always seeking ways I can improve and change my methods to ways that are less energy expending but produce same, or even better, concrete results. Which makes me think I’m perhaps not Te Polr.

    I’m unsure yet about how I use Fe; I’m still trying to understand how it works fully within me. I guess I come across as really shy and a bit anxious but I’ve been told I’m quite a calming presence, sweet and emotional but in a contained way. I think I vibe more as Fe creative anyways however I don’t really see myself as being that expressive or group focused. I prefer one on one interactions, and if I’m not in the right frame of mind I’ll leave a social situation rather than stick it out and put on a happy face.

    Hm for Ne, I think I do consider a lot of alternatives and possibilities, although I get a lot of pleasure and inspiration from fiction, real life situations and conversations; I like to mix up what already exists. I do feel like my Ne is really strong but then again I could be naively believing it’s better than it is..
    Last edited by jumpintoillusions; 05-16-2020 at 10:09 PM.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,801
    Mentioned
    1080 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpintoillusions View Post
    Well, in regards to Te, I feel like I’m more receptive to input that it being my Polr.
    there is no clear ways to understand is a function "polr" or just weak. and it's hard to understand is a function valued without IR
    your doubts between SEI and EII is the example that you can't distinguish even is your possible ego F is Fe or Fi, while to understand nuances about weak functions would be harder

    if you want to get the help, the only good way is to give your video to see your nonverbal
    the alternative is to type yourself by tests, to get most common traits by them and then to find what your type fits best by IR effects with people near you

    while arguing by doubtful reasoning with random noobs on forums is bad way to get a help and to understand your type

    wbr
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My first impression (based on what is available) would be slightly Fi>Fe, tho I wouldn't bet on that. Are any other types possibly in play?


    You can use socionics wiki to read various descriptions (if you don't know it yet): http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...ikisocion_home

    I personally have found Strat's articles on relationships useful to identifying my type as well. Sky link from signature is also not bad: http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  10. #10
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,174
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tend to get quite anxious when there's conflict between people around me or with myself, or emergency situations such as someone being physically and/or mentally wounded, even the thought of this threat occurring pains me greatly. I am a panicker by nature and a perfectionist, so if I am not living up to my own standards I feel very guilty, concerned and annoyed. Under stress caused by these triggers, I am very tearful and shaky inside. I either withdraw into myself and take myself away to a quiet place to calm down and leave the scene, often brooding and admonishing myself and how impossible life can be, or I become quite vocal and alarmed, pleading and yelling at people to "leave the danger!" or to "calm down and make peace!"

    Fi
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  11. #11
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,174
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    while my natural state is clumsy with daily matters

    Most INFJ I know are quite graceful and very good dancers. You could be a clumsy INFJ for other reasons so yeah maybe you are INFJ based on coming up with your own ideas but I would go with Fi because you seem to be interested in other people's feelings and don't display much of your own, even if you are quietly emotional like myself.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    My first impression (based on what is available) would be slightly Fi>Fe, tho I wouldn't bet on that. Are any other types possibly in play?


    You can use socionics wiki to read various descriptions (if you don't know it yet): http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...ikisocion_home

    I personally have found Strat's articles on relationships useful to identifying my type as well. Sky link from signature is also not bad: http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html
    I’ve read both the descriptions and depending on my mood I relate to both. However when I’ve done a video chat with an SLE before, they commented that I was definitely Si strong and lead, and that our conversation was not giving them any conflictor vibes. I likewise didn’t feel unease and enjoyed their frankness. I was inclined to agree that I’m Si-Fe but I don’t really believe I’m good at Si; I often feel like I’m a nervous wreck inside and don’t know how to really be present. I miss a lot of minor details. Plus with Fe, I just can’t see how I’m good at it because I always feel on the outskirts in groups. Like I’m missing a link. However I have been told by people (ones not necessarily into typology) that I do have a calming soft influence and get along with everyone, that I go out of my way to make people feel included. I do this so that no one is feeling invisible and ignored, which I know from my own experience how upsetting a feeling that is. Plus, especially at work, if I learn something I want to share with my team so that we’re all on the same page and hopefully the knowledge makes their job a little easier. So yeah...I guess I could be Si-Fe but unaware of my superpowers?

    l check out Stratievskaya’s article though for further information, thank you for sharing.

    oh and I did consider IEI but I just don’t relate to Beta..
    Last edited by jumpintoillusions; 05-17-2020 at 09:25 AM.

  13. #13

    Default

    It occurred to me as well just now that in an old group I was in, I had struck up a friendship with a self typed LIE. I found them really charming and easy to talk to. I felt so fondly of them and like to think they liked me too; calling me affectionate nicknames. But then one day they harshly criticised my family, saying they had caused my anxiety disorder and were bad people. When I told them I was upset by their words and was defending my family, explaining that they weren’t bad people (from both sides of my family there is a running theme of anxiety and depression so my own anxiety is partly heredity, and yeah perhaps partly learned from my family), LIE were like “ah it’s the truth though, I won’t apologise. They’re shitty people to blame for your anxiety.” I was crushed and didn’t talk to them for a day, but then reached out to try and make amends, willing to understand that their own negative experience with their family had perhaps caused their distaste towards family dynamics in general. But LIE replied that they wouldn’t speak to me anymore because they had hurt my feelings. When I explained that I was wanting to move on from our disagreement they said they couldn’t, because I’d reacted so upset. And that was that. The whole situation really wounded me. I left that group shortly after.

    I mean there’s plenty of reasons why we butted heads, they had their own problems, I have mine. But perhaps this could be an example of me having conflict relations? With the SLEs I’ve spoken to, I’ve never really felt crushed. Around LIEs I guess I feel like I should be more competent and quick witted, and not so sensitive.
    Last edited by jumpintoillusions; 05-17-2020 at 10:56 AM. Reason: I said the word crushed a lot

  14. #14
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,631
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpintoillusions View Post
    It occurred to me as well just now that in an old group I was in, I had struck up a friendship with a self typed LIE. I found them really charming and easy to talk to. I felt so fondly of them and like to think they liked me too; calling me affectionate nicknames. But then one day they harshly criticised my family, saying they had caused my anxiety disorder and were bad people. When I told them I was upset by their words and was defending my family, explaining that they weren’t bad people (from both sides of my family there is a running theme of anxiety and depression so my own anxiety is partly heredity, and yeah perhaps partly learned from my family), LIE were like “ah it’s the truth though, I won’t apologise. They’re shitty people to blame for your anxiety.” I was crushed and didn’t talk to them for a day, but then reached out to try and make amends, willing to understand that their own negative experience with their family had perhaps caused their distaste towards family dynamics in general. But LIE replied that they wouldn’t speak to me anymore because they had hurt my feelings. When I explained that I was wanting to move on from our disagreement they said they couldn’t, because I’d reacted so upset. And that was that. The whole situation really wounded me. I left that group shortly after.

    I mean there’s plenty of reasons why we butted heads, they had their own problems, I have mine. But perhaps this could be an example of me having conflict relations? With the SLEs I’ve spoken to, I’ve never really felt crushed. Around LIEs I guess I feel like I should be more competent and quick witted, and not so sensitive.
    That’s a perfect example of how conflict can start out (and even end off) with positive intentions, but the different communication styles confuddle things and both parties come out confused.

    Not 100% sure you are SEI, but this is a decent point towards it.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    That’s a perfect example of how conflict can start out (and even end off) with positive intentions, but the different communication styles confuddle things and both parties come out confused.

    Not 100% sure you are SEI, but this is a decent point towards it.
    In hindsight I can see that there was miscommunication on both sides. Maybe conflictor relations? On remembering this encounter, I guess it does point more towards that. They perhaps confused why I suddenly got really defensive and upset about them coldly (perhaps in their eyes they were being logical and insightful) analysing and blaming people I love and have good relationships with for my problems. I know their words blindsided me. Though my emotional upset probably shook them up too since they didn’t expect it. To me, it felt like they treated me as if I was being irrational and silly so when I tried to patch things up they dismissed me as being “too much” and “too sensitive”. I don’t really have a lot of interactions with SLEs or ILEs - not because I’m against you guys or anything! I do really admire that sort of free wheeling confident and proactive energy but I withdraw, thinking there’s no way I could compare and keep up, or bring anything of interest. I’m a bit boring

  16. #16
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,631
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpintoillusions View Post
    In hindsight I can see that there was miscommunication on both sides. Maybe conflictor relations? On remembering this encounter, I guess it does point more towards that. They perhaps confused why I suddenly got really defensive and upset about them coldly (perhaps in their eyes they were being logical and insightful) analysing and blaming people I love and have good relationships with for my problems. I know their words blindsided me. Though my emotional upset probably shook them up too since they didn’t expect it. To me, it felt like they treated me as if I was being irrational and silly so when I tried to patch things up they dismissed me as being “too much” and “too sensitive”. I don’t really have a lot of interactions with SLEs or ILEs - not because I’m against you guys or anything! I do really admire that sort of free wheeling confident and proactive energy but I withdraw, thinking there’s no way I could compare and keep up, or bring anything of interest. I’m a bit boring
    Aww lol I feel interested, not bored when I read your posts lol. I like quiet and sensitive people who are nice. My ILE boyfriend is a bag of nerves and it’s refreshing to be around opposing energies at times!

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Aww lol I feel interested, not bored when I read your posts lol. I like quiet and sensitive people who are nice. My ILE boyfriend is a bag of nerves and it’s refreshing to be around opposing energies at times!
    Thats really nice of you to say so! I feel like a talk a lot of gibberish that makes people zone out. A lot of the time I get social anxiety which I guess makes me feel worse about myself than I am. I remember as a teen a lot of my crushes were on either SLE or ILE classmates but I’d be so shy to really speak to them or hang out, mostly because they’d just see me as mousy, nerdy, or tease me for my awkward anxious reactions - like giggling behind my hand and unable to make eye contact. That said, I’m 27 now and I like to think my peers are less judgemental and mocking now and wouldn’t reject me. Or if they did, I’d be more resilient to this

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,801
    Mentioned
    1080 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mb noted from the start.
    To limit variants to 2 types only, instead of normal 16 types list is not what expected from Ne types which value possibilities, and more from EII which are also lesser predisposed to speculative Ti limitations.

    What you are doing is gathering opinions of incompetent novices by bad materials to understand your type. During this you insist on having some types traits, while your supposed task is to give info and such to get opinions of others. When you are not assured even in your own type - you have no basis to trust highly to your opinions about types, while you do so. Instead of normal approach to typing process as questionnaires, videointerview, even photos, - you prefer to give random info about yourself. Such your approach is not common for J types.

    The possibility of EII is low for you, at least.
    It's also not clear that you have F, as your talking is not emotional.

    When you'll want not to play in a typing to make a "jumpintoillusions" to convince random noobs in some your type, but to get the help in understanding of your type - you'll give adequate for typing themes data. The obligate part of this is a videointerview.

    -

    > I know in MBTI types are different to Socionics

    MBTI types are same as use same correct dichotomies as Socionics, they say about dichotomies only, and MBTI followers use mainly dichotomies for typing.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  19. #19
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,174
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Mb noted from the start.
    To limit variants to 2 types only, instead of normal 16 types list is not what expected from Ne types which value possibilities, and more from EII which are also lesser predisposed to speculative Ti limitations.

    What you are doing is gathering opinions of incompetent novices by bad materials to understand your type. During this you insist on having some types traits, while your supposed task is to give info and such to get opinions of others. When you are not assured even in your own type - you have no basis to trust highly to your opinions about types, while you do so. Instead of normal approach to typing process as questionnaires, videointerview, even photos, - you prefer to give random info about yourself. Such your approach is not common for J types.

    The possibility of EII is low for you, at least.
    It's also not clear that you have F, as your talking is not emotional.

    When you'll want not to play in a typing to make a "jumpintoillusions" to convince random noobs in some your type, but to get the help in understanding of your type - you'll give adequate for typing themes data. The obligate part of this is a videointerview.

    -

    > I know in MBTI types are different to Socionics

    MBTI types are same as use same correct dichotomies as Socionics, they say about dichotomies only, and MBTI followers use mainly dichotomies for typing.
    She's not doing anything wrong.
    She's just describing herself so settle down and can it! And put your bad behavior in check.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-17-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  20. #20
    Type me whatever you want thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    TIM
    469 Delta
    Posts
    1,948
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think jumptoillusions is probably aware we are not all experts and this is just our opinions. She said she’s been part of the forum for a while. Anyway Jump, some of what you say reminds me of user @angelic who I believe is also stuck between SEI and EII. I originally thought she was EII, but the more I got to know her, I felt strongly that she was more SEI. However, now I am not sure again lol. I’m curious if the accounts you described with the LIE were with people online or offline, since things are so easily misconstrued/people can put on an act on the internet. I know of a supposed LIE in typology rooms who may actually be a SLE-Ti, so that’s kind of a potential issue with IR stuff online I think.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    I think jumptoillusions is probably aware we are not all experts and this is just our opinions. She said she’s been part of the forum for a while. Anyway Jump, some of what you say reminds me of user @angelic who I believe is also stuck between SEI and EII. I originally thought she was EII, but the more I got to know her, I felt strongly that she was more SEI. However, now I am not sure again lol. I’m curious if the accounts you described with the LIE were with people online or offline, since things are so easily misconstrued/people can put on an act on the internet. I know of a supposed LIE in typology rooms who may actually be a SLE-Ti, so that’s kind of a potential issue with IR stuff online I think.
    Sol, Im completely aware that people are expressing their opinions, be it “noobs” or “experts”, and that no one has the authority of what my type is over anyone else. I was curious, is all, however do not feel comfortable recording a video at this time, for personal reasons. I narrowed it to SEI or EII before reaching out; I relate to being Si/Ne valuing and being an introvert and ethical/feeling over logical/thinking.

    thegreenfaerie, I had those interactions over the internet so can’t say for certain they were LIE 100%, it’s just the type they said they were.

    Yeah, like I said above, I don’t expect a concrete answer or people to even agree on a type. I just threw this post out there since others have done and I felt like it was time to speak up and share a bit about myself and my journey.

  22. #22

    Default

    Beautifulsky thank you, I’m glad you understand my intent. I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong but if I have, I’ll be the first to apologise..

  23. #23
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,174
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpintoillusions View Post
    Beautifulsky thank you, I’m glad you understand my intent. I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong but if I have, I’ll be the first to apologise..
    Sol doesn't consider many factors like you may have already considered other possibilities in your own mind beforehand without so much as telling others here and being open to everything you are thinking to others. As much as I would like to take the time to remind of him of those possibilities in his thinking I do have other things to do
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  24. #24
    Type me whatever you want thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    TIM
    469 Delta
    Posts
    1,948
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You haven't done anything wrong Jump and it's nice to see you sharing

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    You haven't done anything wrong Jump and it's nice to see you sharing
    Aw thank you. I was debating making a post for some time and joining in rather than sitting on the sidelines

  26. #26
    Type me whatever you want thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    TIM
    469 Delta
    Posts
    1,948
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm glad you decided to : ) Hopefully some more people who are more knowledgeable and have had a longer time with socionics will chime in soon

  27. #27
    Rusal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    TIM
    ISFp
    Posts
    151
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpintoillusions View Post
    . I would maybe assume I'm more of an ISFx type, aside from the fact that I am terrible in the external world when it comes to physically orientating it; for example, I misplace items, not so good as physical activities (clumsy), and more often than not am in mu own head space rather than efficiently navigating the present moment..
    I would no take this you wrote as an argument against ISF(p) as Si is not about “efficiently navigating the present” per se, and general absent-mindedness can be argued to be a derivative of Te PoLR, with Te generally being resented by ISFPs for being a force that comes between them and ‘real thinking’ (which to them is more enjoyable…something more Ti) . These Te faux passes can appear to them as happening because “they spend too mich time in their own head” (among others).

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    I would no take this you wrote as an argument against ISF(p) as Si is not about “efficiently navigating the present” per se, and general absent-mindedness can be argued to be a derivative of Te PoLR, with Te generally being resented by ISFPs for being a force that comes between them and ‘real thinking’ (which to them is more enjoyable…something more Ti) . These Te faux passes can appear to them as happening because “they spend too mich time in their own head” (among others).
    Oh right! Thank you for explaining this. I’d agree that I prefer spending time in my head reflecting, daydreaming, brooding on ideas and theories, which means I’m a bit clumsy with how to do things practically in the present moment. Although my focus on my imaginings are designed to placate my sense of wellbeing and amusement in the moment. If that makes sense?

  29. #29
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,174
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpintoillusions View Post
    Oh right! Thank you for explaining this. I’d agree that I prefer spending time in my head reflecting, daydreaming, brooding on ideas and theories, which means I’m a bit clumsy with how to do things practically in the present moment. Although my focus on my imaginings are designed to placate my sense of wellbeing and amusement in the moment. If that makes sense?
    How about caring for other's needs. How do you extend your good will...to just anyone who you randomly hear having a problem and you can offer a possibility and a solution or you usually stay out it?

    What role does humanity play into your radar?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  30. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    How about caring for other's needs. How do you extend your good will...to just anyone who you randomly hear having a problem and you can offer a possibility and a solution or you usually stay out it?

    What role does humanity play into your radar?
    Well, my ears prick up when I hear someone has a problem. My first thought is "how can I help?" usually followed by "wait, do they want me to help?" For example, at work if I notice a customer or colleague struggling, or they ask for help, I do jump in and offer direct assistance, like moving someones chair away from a table so their wheelchair has room to manover around, and offer advice, usually based on my own experiences i.e. "hey I know how you minimize this screen, do you want me to show you? I had this same problem a while back.." If the person doesn't directly show that they're struggling or ask for help, I'll not interfere. Or if they look like they're having problems with say, using our self serve till at work, and I ask if they want help and they decline, I won't push them and instead back off and let them get on with it, although keeping alert incase they change their mind (most the time they do!)

    Hmm I am really focused on humanity; doing the right thing, feeling connected with others and having positive mutually beneficial interactions with them, trying to improve myself in order to be of better service.

  31. #31
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,499
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I first read this thread, my first thought was that if someone is undecided between SEI and EII, they still have to learn a bit more about Socionics. In such a case, it makes no sense asking other people about your type, it will not make the insecurities go away.

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpintoillusions View Post
    Hmm I am really focused on humanity; doing the right thing, feeling connected with others and having positive mutually beneficial interactions with them, trying to improve myself in order to be of better service.
    You really believe all of this about yourself? This sounds like you have been socialized to the core and have no true identity or self of your own.

    You are a Level I person, perhaps even Level II:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_disintegration
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

  32. #32
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE (N) 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    637
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some assholes simply like to immediately stamp personality disorder labels on people they don't know, I wouldn't worry about it.

  33. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Some assholes simply like to immediately stamp personality disorder labels on people they don't know, I wouldn't worry about it.
    It did really take me aback, and I responded in the heat of the moment but since have chosen to delete my reply because it'd only fuel more conflict. Like I've said previously I have generalised anxiety and some past trauma to be resolved but to be told essentially that I have no identity or self I found really hurtful and not really called for. Way below the belt Hey, I know why I've narrowed my potential types down to EII or SEI (Si/Ne valuing, introverted ethical type), I didn't just pluck those types out a hat and think "they'll do!" xD

  34. #34
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,499
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpintoillusions View Post
    It did really take me aback, and I responded in the heat of the moment but since have chosen to delete my reply because it'd only fuel more conflict. Like I've said previously I have generalised anxiety and some past trauma to be resolved but to be told essentially that I have no identity or self I found really hurtful and not really called for. Way below the belt Hey, I know why I've narrowed my potential types down to EII or SEI (Si/Ne valuing, introverted ethical type), I didn't just pluck those types out a hat and think "they'll do!" xD
    You shouldn't be worried, you're obviously here for a reason. Or are you just here for fun?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

  35. #35
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    7,963
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven’t read this entire thread because I’m lazy, but I can say from looking at your avatar picture that it looks like a nearly even split between SEI and EII, with a slight advantage to EII. The text in your posts, however, seems the opposite.

    A puzzle.

    Do you want some LSE guy to take good care of you, like your father did, or would you rather be an indulgent mother to a precocious ILE?

  36. #36
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,499
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Some assholes simply like to immediately stamp personality disorder labels on people they don't know, I wouldn't worry about it.
    I an assuming you are talking about my post, I you weren't please let me know:

    where did I say she had a personality disorder? I just said that she is socialized in her self-concept, people who talk about themselves in such language are either young, or they are simply deluded. If you are a young person, chances are that someday you are going to find out things are different and more complicated.

    The thing about the Theory of Positive Disintegration is that most people are socialized, in everything, their norms, their believes, their self-concepts. As Dabrowski points out so nicely, as well as the sociological wikipedia article I referred to, this is the case for most people, and from a sociological POV it is not necessary a bad thing.

    However, all that being said, the responses indicate I have triggered a sensitive spot. I'll leave it at that.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

  37. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I haven’t read this entire thread because I’m lazy, but I can say from looking at your avatar picture that it looks like a nearly even split between SEI and EII, with a slight advantage to EII. The text in your posts, however, seems the opposite.

    A puzzle.

    Do you want some LSE guy to take good care of you, like your father did, or would you rather be an indulgent mother to a precocious ILE?
    I’d rather be taken care of, but I do feel like I should look after others, and that I can be quite good at doing so.

    Sorry, that doesn't help at all does it?

  38. #38
    aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    950
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I’d ask yourself who you could live with more, an LSE or ILE...and who would annoy you the most...and just why that is

  39. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I’d ask yourself who you could live with more, an LSE or ILE...and who would annoy you the most...and just why that is

    Maybe ILEs because I'm less intimidated by them? They can seem a bit reckless and arguing for arguments sake, but I'd think they'd mostly leave me to my own devices. Probably not hate me but at worst find me boring. Whereas an LSE may be more hovering and questioning everything I do, acting more stern so I'd be unsure if they're in a good mood and joking or actually annoyed. Again, they'd probably not be too annoyed and dislike me but if I'd worry that if I was forgetful or clumsy that they'd really rip into me and judge me as a bad person. These are just my impression of the types but I maybe misunderstand ILEs and LSEs.

  40. #40
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,501
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I also find it a little suspicious that you have narrowed down your type to either EII or SEI. Because if you can't distinguish these yet, then you obviously have more to learn, and then it could be that you are some other type.

    So for example why do you think you are an introvert? Introversion means that the information itself is coming from the subject. In the case of Se vs Si, extraverted sensing is direct sensing of the object. In the introverted case the sense perceptions are colored by the unconscious (the subject). But it's really hard to be sure about this unless one already knows the type.

    I'm not saying you're wrong. Maybe you are one of those types. But have you considered IEE? They frequently identify as introverts.

    Have you watched videos of EII, SEI and other types?
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)


    My Pinterest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •